Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th January 2010, 09:05   #6601  |  Link
PsyChoses

Ok I am suffering from a mild issue, after encoding is done RipBot just stays stuck on Muxing for hours, although encoding is done, I have to abort manually to finish the Job ... I am on Win 7 x64bit had that problem ever since last version and still it's in latest ..

What to do ?
Attached Images

Last edited by PsyChoses; 13th January 2010 at 09:21.
PsyChoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 17:37   #6602  |  Link
stasi

Since i updated to 1.15.0 the gui tells me "no audio" when i´m adding a mkv file. the getframe.avs contains this:

Quote:
DirectShowSource("D:\file.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
ConvertToRGB32.ImageWriter("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job3\", 16103, 16103, "bmp").Trim(16103,-1)
I replaced the mkvtoolnix with the old one from 1.14.6, then ripbot extacts the audio. Someone else got this error?

Edit:
After testing other things an reading changelogs, I found this in mkvtoolnix 3.0.0 changelog.txt:

Quote:
all: enhancement for Windows platforms: If one of the mkvtoolnix
components is run without having been installed before then
translations will be read from the directory the .exe is run
from.
My Windows 7 is german. When I open the mkvextract.exe from Ripbot 1.14.6 the text is shown in english. When I open the mkvextract.exe from Ripbot 1.15.0 the text is german. So I deleted the "locale" folder under "\tools\mkvtoolnix\" and Ripbot 1.15.0 shows me audio again.

Greetings from germany!

Last edited by stasi; 13th January 2010 at 18:20.
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 20:54   #6603  |  Link
ErsatZ

I have the [NO AUDIO] thing which is annoying me big time

I've checked the getframe.avs file you said and also got this
Quote:
DirectShowSource("D:\file.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
ConvertToRGB32.ImageWriter("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\", 31932, 31932, "bmp").Trim(31932,-1)
I deleted the "locale" folder but it didn't do anything (well that's prolly normal since I loaded a .avi)

I run XP. Anyone to help me out ?
ErsatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 21:33   #6604  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
I have the [NO AUDIO] thing which is annoying me big time

I've checked the getframe.avs file you said and also got this
Quote:
DirectShowSource("D:\file.avi",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
ConvertToRGB32.ImageWriter("D:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\", 31932, 31932, "bmp").Trim(31932,-1)
I deleted the "locale" folder but it didn't do anything (well that's prolly normal since I loaded a .avi)

I run XP. Anyone to help me out ?
You are right, got still this error, but only with avi files. mkv files work just fine. I continue testing.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:02   #6605  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@ErsatZ and @stasi
does it happen with ALL your .avis?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 22:02   #6606  |  Link
stasi

Ok. Here the final solution:

Avi Files are demuxed with ffmpeg. I downloaded the latest ffmpeg.exe from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpla...00.7z/download

Copy this file to "\Tools\ffmpeg".

Very important: Use a short folder and filename, when adding a new job, no ä, ö, ü, ß...
This worked for me, please let me know if it works for you, too.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:31   #6607  |  Link
ErsatZ

I overwritten the file you said and it did nothing.
I shorten my filenames and it worked like a charm.

I have indeed quite a long filename syntax for my movies. I don't know how you figured it out but thanks a lot, the internet should be crowded with more people you!

/edit : In fact I was mistaken because I used a different folder with non-formatted (hence shorter) filenames. The problem was not the filenames' lenght but the special characters in the source foldername "D:\Mes documents\Mes vidéos". If I change the 'é' to 'e' then it's ok

Last edited by ErsatZ; 13th January 2010 at 22:59. Reason: correction
ErsatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 13:17   #6608  |  Link
soneca

The latest version of BDsup2Sub was generating incorrect labels like those below.
With version 3.99 the problem was solved.

soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 17:26   #6609  |  Link
chris_h

Thanks Atak_Snajpera, for creating this easy-to-use tool.

I have some .wmv files that I can play on each of my media players, and each show the video (which show in the profile as Blu-ray) but they can not play the audio (which shows in th profile as AAC). When I reencode with ripbot264 they play both the audio and video fine. I am wondering if there is a video passthru mode (I did a search of this thread and basically came up blank).

I am also confused as to why the audio plays after reencoding with ripbot264, since it is still AAC afterwards, just in an mp4 container. I wonder if maybe my media players only look at the first audio stream, and perhaps the order is changing.

Any hints? I am pretty new at this stuff, so this is likely something I am just plain not understanding.

Thanks in advance.
chris_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 22:01   #6610  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@soneca
Report that error here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277
Old 14th January 2010, 22:04   #6611  |  Link
PsyChoses

@Atak_Snajpera

I am disappointed in you

I have posted 2 things I want answers to and I never got a reply ... Is that because you have no clue or is it coz u find my issues too trivial ?
Old 14th January 2010, 23:35   #6612  |  Link
crackinhedz

Ripbot264 possible error?

Hey Atak, I have been using Ripbot for almost a year now and I LOVE IT.

But recently with one movie I am having an issue, hopefully you can help me out.

Now, keep in mind ive converted over 100 files into mkv format, and realy no problems. But this one is making me scratch my head.

Ive tried to convert it twice now and after 12 hours each time, ripbot says all jobs finished but I go to find my newly converted file and there is no file?!

Ive had this happen to me once, but I think I realized I did not have enough space on my hard drive...but I find it odd ripbot did not come up with any warning or error...anyways, everytime Ripbot says job is complete, but no file? Any ideas?

...also, where exactly would I find the "log" that should tell me what issues may have occured?? I did not see anything that pointed to any specific error.

Thanks for the help, and if you need more info let me know.

I am using the updated v1.14.6 with Vista 64 (as Im typing this I realize there is a newer version...perhaps I should try that now!)

Thanks for any help.
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 00:37   #6613  |  Link
crackinhedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyChoses View Post
I have posted 2 things I want answers to and I never got a reply ... Is that because you have no clue or is it coz u find my issues too trivial ?
Bro, you sound like a spoiled brat.

People have lives, things to do, places to be. Take a deep breath and relax. (did you pay money to buy this free product and expect prompt service?? ...give the man a break, hes probably just very busy.)
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 00:45   #6614  |  Link
PsyChoses

@crackinhedz

I noticed he had plenty of time to reply to 3 other requests, but mine took a back seat for some odd reason, I RiP tons of BluRay n they are piling up on my HDDs and I barely got 2Tb, I can only rent them for a week else I pay more you see so time is not on my side here ... I rent 12 movies/week that's 48$/week if I keep them it's 2$/extra day ..

So to answer your question yes it's costing me money and a lot of it
Old 15th January 2010, 01:32   #6615  |  Link
harycover

Hi Atack

Thanks for the update maybe would you support subs demuxing and remuxing from dvd streams (.vob) in your next version ?

also... pleaaaase, add some more audio options

cheers
harycover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 01:59   #6616  |  Link
awake33

Quote:
@crackinhedz

I noticed he had plenty of time to reply to 3 other requests, but mine took a back seat for some odd reason, I RiP tons of BluRay n they are piling up on my HDDs and I barely got 2Tb, I can only rent them for a week else I pay more you see so time is not on my side here ... I rent 12 movies/week that's 48$/week if I keep them it's 2$/extra day ..

Wow, I feel really bad for you. Pirating movies at a cost of $48 per week sounds rough. Just imagine if you had to pay the $300+ per week to own them!
awake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 04:05   #6617  |  Link
stryker412

Quote:
@crackinhedz

There's your answer why he won't help you nor anyone else in this thread. Blatantly stating that you're pirating movies is not only against the forum rules but just plain dumb.

stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 05:52   #6618  |  Link
WndrBr3d

M2V encoding

I'm trying to encode a standard DVD backup and it seems RipBot264 has some troubles handling the M2V file produced by DVD Decrypter.

I have DVD Decrypter set to demux the M2V and AC3 streams. When I load the M2V up in RipBot it seems to work just fine. I'll leave it alone to encode and when I come back a while later it says the encode is complete... but no files were created.

I checked the temp folder and it looks like it's only getting through the first pass of the encode process? I'm not sure where else to look for status updates on what might be happening.

So I guess my question is two fold:

First - Anyone able to provide some clarity on what's happening?
Second - How can I troubleshoot issues like this in the future? Can I enable some debug logging?

Thanks in advance!
WndrBr3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 07:21   #6619  |  Link
awake33

Artifacts after upgrading to 1.15.0

Can anybody tell me what is causing the defects shown in the picture attached (DefectCapture)?

CleanCapture attachment is from the original file.

This problem is occurring on every encode and any file I try to encode. Nothing on my W7 system has changed that I am aware of other than upgrading Ripbot from 1.14.6 to 1.15.0.

Thank you for any advice suggestions!
Attached Images

awake33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 13:35   #6620  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@crackinhedz and @WndrBr3d
show me content of log file from Logs folder

@awake33
do not use forum attachments because it takes forever for approval.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 15th January 2010 at 13:39.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360