Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th January 2019, 15:07   #16561  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
You can already use the other MDegrain modes. I use MDegrain3 a lot. The only catch is you need to add it as a custom script. I've posted such scripts several times in this thread.
I use the MDegrain1 for light Degrain as a custom script, maybe it could be added to the program? I sometimes use MDegrain(1-3) to bring down the size of reencode. MDegrain3 must be heavy denoise, if MDegrain1 is light and MDegrain2 is "normal".

MDegrain1 script
Quote:
Loadplugin("\RipBot264temp\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
super=MSuper(video,pel=2)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
bv1=MAnalyse(super,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain1(video,super,bv1,fv1,thSAD=400)
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 21:23   #16562  |  Link
GZZ

I have a small request.

Will it be possible in the Batch process to save templates with names. Rigth now I can set all the fields and press "Save Default", but I have different settings for reencoding Bluray and encoding 4k movies. Instead of a Save Default it will ask for a template name, then from a Dropdown it will be possible to load a template by its name.
Old 13th January 2019, 08:20   #16563  |  Link
GZZ

Possible small bug:
When I encode a movie and if finish the queue window change the line from: "[JobXX]: Input Filename -> Output Filename" to "*hh:mm:ss* [JobXX]: Input Filename -> Output Filename". But if you check Shutdown Client + Shutdown Server and the next day boot up the computer and go into RipBot264 the encoded jobs still looks like they are stilled queued without a finish time.
Old 13th January 2019, 08:30   #16564  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

I am running into discs as being rejected in batch mode due to no audio track being found despite the title having a track and verifying it does indeed work. Is there some way to correct the issue? These are all titles with Atmos audio.
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 09:23   #16565  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I am running into discs as being rejected in batch mode due to no audio track being found despite the title having a track and verifying it does indeed work. Is there some way to correct the issue? These are all titles with Atmos audio.
I have seen the same issue, especially on Cartoon movies. Examples below. Taken from the JobsRejected file.

Workaround for me has been to disable audio in makemkv, so you get a file without audio and then load and encode this file and then manual remux the audio from the original disc using mkvtoolnix.

Quote:
File: E:\UHD_mkv\Cars_3_t00.mkv
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job95\getinfo.avs, line 4)

File: E:\UHD_mkv\Coco_t00.mkv
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job100\getinfo.avs, line 4)

File: E:\UHD_mkv\The_Incredibles_t01.mkv
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job7\getinfo.avs, line 4)

File: E:\UHD_mkv\Incredibles 2_t00.mkv
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job27\getinfo.avs, line 4)

File: E:\UHD_mkv\Wreck-It Ralph_t01.mkv
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job48\getinfo.avs, line 4)
Old 13th January 2019, 13:41   #16566  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Can you provide a sample? 100-200 mkv should be ok. I will try to find a workaround.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 19:30   #16567  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
I have seen the same issue, especially on Cartoon movies. Examples below. Taken from the JobsRejected file.

Workaround for me has been to disable audio in makemkv, so you get a file without audio and then load and encode this file and then manual remux the audio from the original disc using mkvtoolnix.
Discovered something interesting today. I decided to take a different approach and re-ripped one of the offenders straight to folder using DeUHD and then process the files with MKVtoolnix directly. That resulting file worked fine in RipBot. Now I'm suspect of MakeMKV as the culprit. I am going to reach out to Mike Chen and see if he has some thoughts on the matter.
Old 13th January 2019, 20:04   #16568  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Can you provide a sample? 100-200 mkv should be ok. I will try to find a workaround.
PM send with link.
Old 13th January 2019, 20:06   #16569  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Discovered something interesting today. I decided to take a different approach and re-ripped one of the offenders straight to folder using DeUHD and then process the files with MKVtoolnix directly. That resulting file worked fine in RipBot. Now I'm suspect of MakeMKV as the culprit. I am going to reach out to Mike Chen and see if he has some thoughts on the matter.

I ran the test sample I made through MkvToolNix and it still reject it.
Old 13th January 2019, 21:59   #16570  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
I ran the test sample I made through MkvToolNix and it still reject it.
What was the original source file?
Old 13th January 2019, 22:38   #16571  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
What was the original source file?
Source is UHD
Old 13th January 2019, 22:57   #16572  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Source is UHD
I meant is this a fresh rip not sourced from MakeMKV? I have now done all three of the titles I have run into with the audio issue via the DeUHD to Folder and MKVtoolnix method successfully.
Old 13th January 2019, 23:11   #16573  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
I meant is this a fresh rip not sourced from MakeMKV? I have now done all three of the titles I have run into with the audio issue via the DeUHD to Folder and MKVtoolnix method successfully.
it is sources from MakeMKV. It might be a fault of MakeMKV or maybe mkvtoolnix kills something in the stream.
Old 14th January 2019, 14:35   #16574  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
You can already use the other MDegrain modes. I use MDegrain3 a lot. The only catch is you need to add it as a custom script. I've posted such scripts several times in this thread.
I just replace the MDegrain2 code in the video script with one of my note examples:

The parameter that controls the denoising strength is thSAD. The default of 400 too strong for most sources and 200 seems like a better default. Max seems to be about 800. Does not seem to be any imporovement passed 800. Very minor between 600-800.

#Denoise MDegrain1 Modified
Loadplugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
bv1=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=1,overlap=4)
fv1=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=1,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain1(video,super,bv1,fv1,thSAD=400)

#Denoise MDegrain2 Modified
Loadplugin("C:\Program Files\RipBot264\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
bv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain2(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,thSAD=400)

#Denoise MDegrain3 Modified
bv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=2,overlap=4)
bv3=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=true,delta=3,overlap=4)
fv2=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=2,overlap=4)
fv3=MAnalyse(super,blksize=8,isb=false,delta=3,overlap=4)
video=MDegrain3(video,super,bv1,fv1,bv2,fv2,bv3,fv3,thSAD=400)

blksize : Size of a block (horizontal). It's either 4, 8, 16 or 32 (default is 8).
Larger blocks are less sensitive to noise, are faster, but also less accurate.

overlap: block overlap value (horizontal). Must be even and less than block size (up to blksize/2 for MCompensate). The step between blocks for motion estimation is equal to (blksize-overlap). N blocks cover the size ((blksize-overlap)*N + overlap) on frame. Try use overlap value from blksize/4 to blksize/2. The greater overlap, the more blocks number, and the lesser the processing speed. Default value is 0.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 15:43   #16575  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Ryushin why don't you just create your own MDegrain presets as custom scripts?
Old 14th January 2019, 17:01   #16576  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I use the MDegrain1 for light Degrain as a custom script, maybe it could be added to the program? I sometimes use MDegrain(1-3) to bring down the size of reencode. MDegrain3 must be heavy denoise, if MDegrain1 is light and MDegrain2 is "normal".

MDegrain1 script
Like Atak_Snajpera said to Ryushin: "why don't you just create your own MDegrain presets as custom scripts?" Then you can just select it from the batch screen or the avisynth settings after you add a job.

As for MDegrain 1-6 it isn't about grain alone but how much detail is looked at before removing something. the higher the number of MDegrain it is doing more steps to compare details before deciding if something should be removed or not. There are other settings in the selection process as well.
For how much grain to remove that is primarily based on the SAD value, with higher meaning more grain removal.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 20:16   #16577  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Like Atak_Snajpera said to Ryushin: "why don't you just create your own MDegrain presets as custom scripts?" Then you can just select it from the batch screen or the avisynth settings after you add a job.

As for MDegrain 1-6 it isn't about grain alone but how much detail is looked at before removing something. the higher the number of MDegrain it is doing more steps to compare details before deciding if something should be removed or not. There are other settings in the selection process as well.
For how much grain to remove that is primarily based on the SAD value, with higher meaning more grain removal.
I do use custom scripts and it workes just fine. Was just thinking why they arent default part of ripbot.
Old 15th January 2019, 11:47   #16578  |  Link
skylinekiller

I have searched the threads about this, but none of the questions were answered. Is it possible to change the font, size, color, and position to the subtitles that are burned in for foreign speaking parts? If not, is there a way to load/use a .ssa file and have it hardcoded? Amazing program, I wish it will get a little more development on subtitle options.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
skylinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2019, 14:31   #16579  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekiller View Post
I have searched the threads about this, but none of the questions were answered. Is it possible to change the font, size, color, and position to the subtitles that are burned in for foreign speaking parts? If not, is there a way to load/use a .ssa file and have it hardcoded? Amazing program, I wish it will get a little more development on subtitle options.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Edit in notepad file Tools\AviSynth plugins\VSFilter\Default.style
Old 15th January 2019, 15:30   #16580  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ryushin why don't you just create your own MDegrain presets as custom scripts?
Since I'm always adjusting the strength value, it is just easier to select mdegrain2 from avisynth menu, then just edit the script and change the value. It's rare that I need mdegrain3, and when I do, I just copy and replace the part in the script.

My suggestions for changes were mostly to help others, and to maybe make it look more streamlined and easy to use.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360