Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 30th January 2019, 03:54   #16641  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

In the bottom right of the "RipBot264 Encoding Client" what does the button that looks like a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle do?
when I click it, I'm not really seeing much happen.
Update: Oh, got it...opens the EncodingClientLog.txt

Last edited by byteshare; 30th January 2019 at 03:59.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 04:26   #16642  |  Link
NiGHTsC

Off-Topic

Jan 23,2019
Anyone ever noticed this...
So grateful you're still working on RB, Atak_Snajpera
NiGHTsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 22:12   #16643  |  Link
jlpsvk

any plans to implement nvencc64?
Old 31st January 2019, 05:36   #16644  |  Link
BLKMGK

May have found a bug, I've only been able to repro it 2x although I'm nervous I may have accidentally triggered it far more often. Scenario is that I'm converting many TV shows one after another. Occasionally I will have batch added a series of shows and decide I need to add others and prioritize them higher than existing jobs. So I batch add those and slide them to the top to be processed ahead of the previously added batches. On at LEAST two occasions upon doing this I've reviewed the results and found a show with a different show's soundtrack muxxed in. Unfortunately finding these screwed up episodes is going to be nearly impossible considering the volume I'm working with I'm not sure this error is consistent, I sure hope not, but if I can reproduce it I will save the job files. I'm on v1.24.0 right now...

Last edited by BLKMGK; 31st January 2019 at 05:42.
BLKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 09:09   #16645  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpsvk View Post
The dev can speak to this but unless something changed there aren't plans.
Old 31st January 2019, 13:14   #16646  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpsvk View Post
I asked Atak the same question,
see Ataks answer here:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...10#post1862510
pepeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 21:17   #16647  |  Link
forkicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
May have found a bug, I've only been able to repro it 2x although I'm nervous I may have accidentally triggered it far more often. Scenario is that I'm converting many TV shows one after another. Occasionally I will have batch added a series of shows and decide I need to add others and prioritize them higher than existing jobs. So I batch add those and slide them to the top to be processed ahead of the previously added batches. On at LEAST two occasions upon doing this I've reviewed the results and found a show with a different show's soundtrack muxxed in. Unfortunately finding these screwed up episodes is going to be nearly impossible considering the volume I'm working with I'm not sure this error is consistent, I sure hope not, but if I can reproduce it I will save the job files. I'm on v1.24.0 right now...
I can confirm this. In my case, i narrowed it down to a couple of files that i was trying to convert from avc to 265. The extraction phase could not get the video file from it, and would (wrongly) use the video265 file that was leftover on the Temp folder from the previous conversion, resulting in a file with the correct output name, wrong video track and correct audio track. Also, ripbot showed no error.

In my view, this could be fixed in one of two ways:
1 (and best): before every new file, clear all existing items in the temp folder. This way it would fail and detect the fail because no previous file would exist that could be reused

2: Try to detect when video track extraction fails better. No idea what was causing it to fail in the first place, the file read perfectly fine, no errors, no sync problems, nothing reported wrong at all by other programs (mkvtoolnix, for example).

This is a really big problem because i also run several dozen file batches per day, and now i can't be sure if my previous conversions are right or not. This is silent data corruption at its worst, and in my case, i caught it completely by chance. I'm running the latest version (could not find any updates just now).

Thank your for your time,
fK
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 23:15   #16648  |  Link
GZZ

Tune --Animation isnt working. I have a Ma10 profile where tune is on default, chaning ot to animation and the encoding wont start. In DE mode it will just throggle between encoding and idle forever, chaning it to default and its all working again. Maybe its a bad command.

From the Profiles folder:
"--profile main10 --output-depth 10 --tune animation" - not working
"--profile main10 --output-depth 10" - Working fine.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 02:36   #16649  |  Link
activoice

How to use Ripbot to receive pushbullet notifications

Posting this here to help anyone out who might find this useful.

RunCommandSuccess and RunCommandError were added to RipBot264.ini with version 1.24 and here is how I am using it to receive a notification on my phone whenever an encoding job completes

I have these 2 lines added to RipBot264.ini
RunCommandSuccess="C:\Scripts\RipbotSuccess.cmd" %JOB%
RunCommandError="C:\Scripts\RipbotError.cmd" %JOB%

In C:\Scripts\ I have curl.exe and the 2 batch files below
RipbotSuccess.cmd
c:\scripts\curl.exe -u {pushbullet token}: https://api.pushbullet.com/v2/pushes -d type=note -d title="Ripbot264" -d body=%1+"Job Completed Succesfully"

RipbotError.cmd
c:\scripts\curl.exe -u {pushbullet token}: https://api.pushbullet.com/v2/pushes -d type=note -d title="Ripbot264" -d body=%1+"Job Failed"

So with PushBullet installed on my phone I now get notifications whenever an encoding job completes

activoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 05:58   #16650  |  Link
BLKMGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkicks View Post
I can confirm this. In my case, i narrowed it down to a couple of files that i was trying to convert from avc to 265. The extraction phase could not get the video file from it, and would (wrongly) use the video265 file that was leftover on the Temp folder from the previous conversion, resulting in a file with the correct output name, wrong video track and correct audio track. Also, ripbot showed no error.

1 (and best): before every new file, clear all existing items in the temp folder. This way it would fail and detect the fail because no previous file would exist that could be reused

2: Try to detect when video track extraction fails better. No idea what was causing it to fail in the first place, the file read perfectly fine, no errors, no sync problems, nothing reported wrong at all by other programs (mkvtoolnix, for example).

This is a really big problem because i also run several dozen file batches per day, and now i can't be sure if my previous conversions are right or not. This is silent data corruption at its worst, and in my case, i caught it completely by chance. I'm running the latest version (could not find any updates just now).

fK
Well, at least it isn't just me! Sadly unlike when I was creating files with no soundtrack (don't check the "skip demuxing" box!) I cannot easily find the files with bad data. I am HOPING I caught it early by happenstance and got lucky as spot checking a pile of files didn't find bad ones but that would be a miracle if true!
BLKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 09:27   #16651  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
Tune --Animation isnt working. I have a Ma10 profile where tune is on default, chaning ot to animation and the encoding wont start. In DE mode it will just throggle between encoding and idle forever, chaning it to default and its all working again. Maybe its a bad command.

From the Profiles folder:
"--profile main10 --output-depth 10 --tune animation" - not working
"--profile main10 --output-depth 10" - Working fine.
If using x265 the tune animation isn't working because the x265 needs to be updated.
Old 2nd February 2019, 11:31   #16652  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
If using x265 the tune animation isn't working because the x265 needs to be updated.
It have several tune, normally I use default, but I had a animation movie, not sure how much different the animation vs default will do.

I see its version x265 2.9+14 and Animation is first supported in 3.0. Then it makes sense.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 17:50   #16653  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkicks View Post

fK
Done!
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:33   #16654  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

In one of the most recent updates the "Abort" / "Start" stopped working properly for me under these conditions:
1. I start a job and at some "Abort" the job.
2. I try to "Start" the jobs again.
3. A job will never start, rather it gets stuck on the "Please Wait....Gathering information..." and also gets stuck "Aborting..."

I have to kill the Encoding Client, close RipBot and restart RipBot to get a job to start again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Done!
Awesome and thank you, that was a long standing issue...I don't know why I didn't mention it myself

Last edited by byteshare; 3rd February 2019 at 17:00.
Old 3rd February 2019, 21:20   #16655  |  Link
jlpsvk

Another suggestion.

Possibility to set HDR10+ metadata file for include in encode. Or better to check source for HDR10+ metadata, if present, extract and include in encode automatically.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:24   #16656  |  Link
forkicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Done!
Thanks!

Also, i just noticed the program has problems when converting files with "+" in the filename ("This fileSOMETHING+OTHER.mkv" -OR- "+" in the track name ("DD+" in audio track for example). Those are valid filenames and track names, so should be supported, or renamed as a preprocessing step.

Thank you for your time,
fK
forkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 16:42   #16657  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Thank you for updating the x265 version.
Old 7th February 2019, 16:34   #16658  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Really a small thing but on Windows 7 and Windows 10, I've noticed if you tab through the crop settings (to manually adjust), the Tab key goes from Top > Bottom > Right. Left is being skipped. I noticed if I click into left and hit Tab it goes to the ">" key, so it is out of order in some why.
I noticed this after going through dozens of files having to make small corrections, otherwise I'd probably have missed it because normally I'd just use the mouse.
Old 9th February 2019, 12:34   #16659  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

I lost power on a machine and all of the jobs are still in the temp folder but for some reason the jobs.list and jobs.state are gone.
I would guess this might have happened because the jobs.list is held open directly/constantly rather than being accessed when needed?
I don't think there is an easy way to restore the jobs.list without just re-adding all of the jobs.
Old 9th February 2019, 12:53   #16660  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I lost power on a machine and all of the jobs are still in the temp folder but for some reason the jobs.list and jobs.state are gone.
I would guess this might have happened because the jobs.list is held open directly/constantly rather than being accessed when needed?
I don't think there is an easy way to restore the jobs.list without just re-adding all of the jobs.
Do not touch anything (or copy temp folder to other location). I will try to implement automatic recovery for this case.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360