Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th March 2019, 19:44   #16801  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Seems to work. Do you have to do that once for all jobs?
No, the issue is once I start a job, Abort it, and Click start again (even for the same job). The servers never start (just stop/starting), until I click abort again, then start again and it is working again, not sure why.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 20:06   #16802  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeq View Post
Problem solved with latest update RB 1.24.1, the files chunks/X.avs are correct now.
Thanks @Atak!
Mine is working too BIG
Should we use network path or local path to add the jobs?
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 22:16   #16803  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Mine is working too BIG
Should we use network path or local path to add the jobs?
I think it doesn't matter, because in the files chunks\X.avs now always the demuxed video-file video.mkv from \\YOURSERVER\RipBot264temp\jobX\video.mkv is read.

I assume local or network path is only used on the server for demuxing and indexing the movie. In one case the original-
movie is read from the local disk directly, and is read via network path with TCP-loopback. The difference in speed is marginal (not present).
pepeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 07:23   #16804  |  Link
slalom

Same problem
Some jobs start, some don't
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 14:41   #16805  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Still have this issue 4K and seamless branching. Just had to go through this with Ralph Breaks the Internet and Snow White and the Huntsman Extended edition. RB still throws and error when pulling in a mkv that has a TrueHD stream in it. Though I suspect that is caused by it being the first audio stream? Next time I'll remux it and make it the second audio stream to see if the error still occurs.
Remuxing to make TrueHD the second audio stream instead of the first allows the mkv to be pulled in. RB shows the AC3 as the first stream and THD as the second stream.

Had to do the makemkv route first for Wreck-It Ralph as it has seamless 4K branching.

Another item about batch encode. I've just started using this feature to pull in TV episodes. I've been using makemkv to make the individual episodes and then pulling them in. I seen an option for rendering subs but not an option to render only forced subtitles and remux the others. Can a manual crop option be added. I've hit an issue sometimes that RB does not correctly determine thecrop and it would be nice for me to put in a manual crop for the batch of episodes being pulled in.

Atak, I cannot believe how long you've been supporting RB and only making it better as time goes on. I rely it daily. Thank you for continuing to produce such a great program.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 15:27   #16806  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Remuxing to make TrueHD the second audio stream instead of the first allows the mkv to be pulled in. RB shows the AC3 as the first stream and THD as the second stream.

Had to do the makemkv route first for Wreck-It Ralph as it has seamless 4K branching.

Another item about batch encode. I've just started using this feature to pull in TV episodes. I've been using makemkv to make the individual episodes and then pulling them in. I seen an option for rendering subs but not an option to render only forced subtitles and remux the others. Can a manual crop option be added. I've hit an issue sometimes that RB does not correctly determine thecrop and it would be nice for me to put in a manual crop for the batch of episodes being pulled in.

Atak, I cannot believe how long you've been supporting RB and only making it better as time goes on. I rely it daily. Thank you for continuing to produce such a great program.
Manual crop in batch mode can be easily achieved by using custom script
Code:
#Crop
video=Crop(video,0,0,-0,-0)
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 17:45   #16807  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Can a manual crop option be added. I've hit an issue sometimes that RB does not correctly determine thecrop and it would be nice for me to put in a manual crop for the batch of episodes being pulled in.
Like Atak said you can make a custom script with crop settings, or you edit the job***.avs files in the RipBot264temp folder to add in a custom crop. I recommend using NotePad++ since you can do this on several files at once with more advanced add/replace options with even having line breaks.

I would note if you don't edit the job***.ini file's crop settings you won't see the crop if you try to preview it/open the AVISynthScript section, if you only edit the job***.avs or use a custom script.

Quote:
Completely agree.

Last edited by byteshare; 6th March 2019 at 17:49.
Old 10th March 2019, 16:55   #16808  |  Link
katodevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeq View Post
Problem solved with latest update RB 1.24.1, the files chunks/X.avs are correct now.
Thanks @Atak!
Hi there! Could you let me know where you got 1.24.1 from? First page still links to 1.24.0 and auto-update doesn't seem to be increment to the .1 version.

Thanks!
katodevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 15:27   #16809  |  Link
SKPN

Splitting files

Is there a way to split files (or even better, to only encode certain parts of a file)? I am looking to remove rolling credits from some episodes, but I don't see any way in the GUI to have the encoding split the file after X frame or timestamp.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 16:43   #16810  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by katodevin View Post
Hi there! Could you let me know where you got 1.24.1 from? First page still links to 1.24.0 and auto-update doesn't seem to be increment to the .1 version.

Thanks!
Just open and close RipBot a few more times to get the update, or try editing your updater.ini to "LastCheck=" older than a year > Save > and then open and close RipBot and wait for the updater to finish getting files and then open RipBot again to get them installed.
Old 11th March 2019, 22:21   #16811  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by katodevin View Post

Thanks!
I think you don't know how the RipBot264-updater works. I did the following for you again:

1. I downloaded https://www.mediafire.com/file/x5ueu...1.24.0.7z/file (link from post #1)

2. unzip to any empty directory (e.g. c:\tools\RipBot264)

3. in c:\tools\RipBot264 there is now an empty folder "Updates"

4. now start RipBot264.exe

5. in the Windows-frame of RB v1.24.0 is noted

6. now look in the Updates-folder: if your internet-connection is ok, it will fill with files:
core.zip, ffms.zip, MediaInfo.zip, mkvtoolnix.zip, mvtools.zip, update.ini, x265.zip (in total about 55MB)

7. If you assume, that RB will do the update now automatically, you are wrong! You have to exit RB and start it again.

8. RB sees the files in the Updates-dir and installs the updates.
Then the RB-GUI starts with v1.24.1

Note:
"Auto Update" must be enabled in the RB-settings, but this is set by default, if you unzip the 7z-file

This worked for me!

Last edited by pepeq; 13th March 2019 at 14:58.
pepeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 05:56   #16812  |  Link
defalopii

Hy developer, i see ure using ffmsindex.exe to encode the video by specific frame. I wonder can i split the video before it being encoded by using the video.mkv.ffindex file?

Last edited by defalopii; 14th March 2019 at 05:59.
defalopii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 13:24   #16813  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

no...
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 18:04   #16814  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by defalopii View Post
Hy developer, i see ure using ffmsindex.exe to encode the video by specific frame. I wonder can i split the video before it being encoded by using the video.mkv.ffindex file?
You can split it with MKVToolNix
Old 17th March 2019, 08:12   #16815  |  Link
defalopii

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
MKVToolNix i can see there is option to split by frame, but never try it, is this frame accurate?
defalopii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2019, 09:57   #16816  |  Link
sneaker_ger

No.
https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolni...ting-imprecise
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 14:13   #16817  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Do not worry. I will be using different version for different codecs.
ffms2 2014 -> AVC
ffms2 2017 -> HEVC
ffms2 2019 -> VC1 and rest
Looks like ffms2 2019 is not frame accurate for some VC-1 sources. Blade Runner came out fine but two other sources showed corruption.

VC-1 is a nightmare.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 14:18   #16818  |  Link
StillPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPad View Post
Hello Atak Snajpera,

I'm here to post a Bug that I have since many weeks.

I couldn't post it till now cos new members can't do posts for some weeks.

I got here the new SW S*lo Movie switch give me that bug when I'm trying to add them to ripbot.

I tried Version 1.23 and 1.23.1.7

I also using Avisynth+ r2728-MT which is the newest version of it.

Any idea what I should do now?

Greetings Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Use MakeMKV first if eac3to can't process this particular movie.

Hello Atak_Snajpera,

thank you very much.
Your hint worked very well for me.
Finally found the time to test it

Btw. I found out that I have that problem it eac3to with every movie that is using Dolby Digital Plus aka EAC3 as soundfile.

While I need to use MakeMKV for a lot of movies now I noticed that its way fast when I use MakeMKV for all movies first than only use Ripbot.

When I use MakeMKV he reads with arround 150MB/Sec from me HDD.
What takes arround 5-7mins until its finished.

When I add this MKV File now on Ripbot it take way less time as when I let Ripbot demux directly from the Movie Image.

I have tested it on a few movies.
The transferrate of the HDD when Ripbot demux the Files from a image on an other HDD is at circa 20Mb/Sec.

I got here 1 SSD and 2 HDD with same Speed that is at arround 150-160MB/Sec

Have I maybe done something wrong that Ripbot is that slow on demuxing?

I mean Ripbot is an awesome tool for shrinking and all the other stuff.
But even when the image and the temp folder is on a SSD.
It takes forever until the movie is added and ready for editing.

I hope you understand what I mean
StillPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 14:52   #16819  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
That may not work; mkvtoolnix can only split on keyframes, since it's not re-encoding the file. Ideally, we would be able to split the video directly in RipBot using the GUI.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 16:21   #16820  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by defalopii View Post
MKVToolNix i can see there is option to split by frame, but never try it, is this frame accurate?
No, it is keyframe based.
You can cut by frame if you either do it with avisynth or if you encoded t in raw first > cut > encode.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360