Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 15th September 2006, 17:12   #61  |  Link
insertdisk

I just tried this on a .wmv that I could not get to sync up no matter how hard I tried with other programs. Nero would make the audio and video sync but the video was jerky.

This has done an excellent job. I look forward to the HC support.
Thanks for this tool.
insertdisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2006, 17:17   #62  |  Link
Mr_Odwin
FAVC Man

Cheers. Thanks should go to the authors of Avisynth and Mediainfo; they're the ones that have enabled wmv support.
Mr_Odwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2006, 21:59   #63  |  Link
Grumpy Troll

Best kept secret in Doom9 Forum.

Hello,

Thanks for a great program.

I have been looking for a converter for .avi files with MP3 audio. A couple of commercial ones available, but too expensive. Yours, free. Can't beat that.

Converted a DivX file with MP3 audio with your program. Great results. took about four hours but not complaining. Works excellent in stand alone DVD player for TV. As stated before, really jerky when tested with Power DVD (OEM) but played better than expected on my stand alone player.

Looking forward to any and all updates, too.

Thanks a million,
Grumpy

A man's got to know his limitations!!
"Dirty" Harry Callaghan (Clint Eastwood)

Grumpy Troll
Grumpy Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:27   #64  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

> 2 gig source problem seems fixed
slight oversizing problem with multiple episodes also seems fixed

Thanks!
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 21:57   #65  |  Link
Grumpy Troll

Hello again,

How about support for CCE Basic? It is commercial (around US$50.00) and it is fast and good.

Regards,
Grumpy

Grumpy Troll
Old 28th September 2006, 10:04   #66  |  Link
sunburnedagain

Kinda a noob question, I haven't encoded in awhile. You feed FAVC an encoded AVI (DivX Xvid) not just a post-processed AVI? What I mean by post-processed is deinterlaced+filters, cutting, etc, but still only Huffyuv compressed?

The audio it takes is only MP3 and ACM3?

I'm still getting a hang of the language, hopefully my question is clear enough.
sunburnedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 13:26   #67  |  Link
Grumpy Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburnedagain View Post
Kinda a noob question, I haven't encoded in awhile. You feed FAVC an encoded AVI (DivX Xvid) not just a post-processed AVI? What I mean by post-processed is deinterlaced+filters, cutting, etc, but still only Huffyuv compressed?

The audio it takes is only MP3 and ACM3?

I'm still getting a hang of the language, hopefully my question is clear enough.
Yes, a completely encoded, finished .avi such as you get with Auto Gordian Knot, Dr DivX, etc. Your archived ready for viewing .avi file. Just set up your paremeters for encoding and in a fiew hours you will get an image file for burning to disk or it will burn directly to disk for you. It is a simple, straightforward program.

Sincerely,
Grumpy

PS
I had some problems at first but found out that if you change your TV standards (PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL) it works.
GT

Grumpy Troll
Old 28th September 2006, 15:59   #68  |  Link
Myenjoyyourself

I keep getting this exception error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at FAVCForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FAVC
Assembly Version: 0.70.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.70
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/FAVC/FAVC.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I installed avisynth 2.5.7 rc1 and deleted version 2.5.6 but it did not help. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Myenjoyyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2006, 16:41   #69  |  Link
Mr_Odwin
FAVC Man

Can you open the corresponding TitleInfo0.avs file in Working Folder 11 with virtualdub? What does the error message say, if there is one?
Old 28th September 2006, 23:22   #70  |  Link
DDogg

For that matter, can you play the avi's you are trying to encode? Also, can you "play" (drag and drop) the Title0.avs in media player, or media player classic (it may take awhile to show video), or open/drag and drop in VDub?
Old 29th September 2006, 00:50   #71  |  Link
tyee

I'm just starting to try out FAVC and I get the error window that usually comes up when the incorrect AVISynth version is wrong ( I have ver 2.57 installed).

When I try to play "title0info.avs" in MPC, AVISynth says it can't find the proper decompressor for fourCC XVID even though I can play that "spideytrailer.avi" XVID file fine on my computer. Anything come to mind??
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 06:40   #72  |  Link
Myenjoyyourself

OK
I have an avi file that plays fine in Windows Media Player that I want to burn on a dvd using Nero. The problem is Nero doesn't recognize the file type. So I downloaded FAVC, Avisynth 2.57 and .NET framework 2.0 to convert it into a file Nero would recognize.

I opened working folder 11, title0Info and this is there>

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Avisynth Plugins\Decomb.dll")
AVISource("C:\Documents and Settings\stephanie\My Documents\My Videos\LC2_deutsch.avi", False)
ConvertToYV12()
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Width()")
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Height()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Framecount()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "FrameRateNumerator()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "FrameRateDenominator()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Round(Framerate()*1000)", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "GetParity()", True)
(Framecount>249)==true? SelectEvery(Floor(Framecount/50),0,1,2,3,4): nop()
WriteFile("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "IsCombed()", True)

When I try to use FAVC 0.70 to "Generate DVD" I get this error>

Unhandled exception error has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find 'C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder0\Title0Info.txt'.

I'm not sure what this "VDUB" is that you speak of. I hope this post gives you some kind of idea of what I'm talking about. Cause I sure don't.
Myenjoyyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 10:59   #73  |  Link
Mr_Odwin
FAVC Man

The way that FAVC works is by running the above script through a program and the running of the script produces a text file with some required information in it - framerate, framecount, interlacing status, etc. If the script doesn't work (for whatever reason) then the text file isn't there and FAVC crashes. In the future I'll add some code that checks for the presence of the file so that it won't crash, but produce a warning/helpful error message.
If you have an avi file it is required that avisynth's avisource() function opens it correctly, if it doesn't then it is most likely a codec issue on your side. For example if you have an xvid file try uninstalling your xvid codec and reinstalling it. Or configure it correctly.
Virtualdub is a program that can open avisynth scripts. It will give you appropriate error messages if there are any.
Old 29th September 2006, 18:57   #74  |  Link
DDogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
I'm just starting to try out FAVC and I get the error window that usually comes up when the incorrect AVISynth version is wrong ( I have ver 2.57 installed).

When I try to play "title0info.avs" in MPC, AVISynth says it can't find the proper decompressor for fourCC XVID even though I can play that "spideytrailer.avi" XVID file fine on my computer. Anything come to mind??
Suggest you go to this page and download and install the file at the very top. http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml After that, open windows media player (not classic) or VDub and verify the original avi and the title0.avs file will play.

Last edited by DDogg; 29th September 2006 at 19:00.
Old 29th September 2006, 20:05   #75  |  Link
insertdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myenjoyyourself View Post
OK
I have an avi file that plays fine in Windows Media Player that I want to burn on a dvd using Nero. The problem is Nero doesn't recognize the file type. So I downloaded FAVC, Avisynth 2.57 and .NET framework 2.0 to convert it into a file Nero would recognize.

I opened working folder 11, title0Info and this is there>

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Avisynth Plugins\Decomb.dll")
AVISource("C:\Documents and Settings\stephanie\My Documents\My Videos\LC2_deutsch.avi", False)
ConvertToYV12()
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Width()")
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Height()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Framecount()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "FrameRateNumerator()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "FrameRateDenominator()", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "Round(Framerate()*1000)", True)
WriteFileStart("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "GetParity()", True)
(Framecount>249)==true? SelectEvery(Floor(Framecount/50),0,1,2,3,4): nop()
WriteFile("C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder 11\Title0Info.txt", "IsCombed()", True)

When I try to use FAVC 0.70 to "Generate DVD" I get this error>

Unhandled exception error has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find 'C:\Program Files\FAVC\Working Folder0\Title0Info.txt'.

I'm not sure what this "VDUB" is that you speak of. I hope this post gives you some kind of idea of what I'm talking about. Cause I sure don't.

I was getting the exact same message until I figured out that to load the avi file into FAVC you should choose the "select" button underneath the Source video files selection box and not the "+" button beside the video files selection box.
insertdisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2006, 20:16   #76  |  Link
Mr_Odwin
FAVC Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertdisk View Post
I was getting the exact same message until I figured out that to load the avi file into FAVC you should choose the "select" button underneath the Source video files selection box and not the "+" button beside the video files selection box.
That shouldn't make any difference. The difference between the two buttons is that one clears the list before adding the files whilst the other appends files to the end of the current list. In the version that I'm working on there's a bit of a GUI overhaul and the select button is gone.

Last edited by Mr_Odwin; 29th September 2006 at 20:27.
Old 30th September 2006, 00:23   #77  |  Link
tyee

DDogg
Thanks for the suggestion. It works now that I installed XVID. Do you know why it didn't before?

tyee
tyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2006, 15:05   #78  |  Link
Miraelsol

Great application!!!
I've been using it for the last few weeks and it works great. I'm sure you have a long list of features you could add, but my humble suggestion would be to create some simple DVD menu that allows selecting which track to play.
Thanks again!
Miraelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 17:40   #79  |  Link
Grumpy Troll

FAVC vs DIKO

Hello all,

Just my opinion as a user, not a knowlegeable coder or anything else.

I like FAVC because of it's simplicity and ease of use. It is simple, straightforward and does excactly what it is supposed to do, nothing else. No confusing setups to fumble through and waist hours with. Really elegant for a user such as myself.

DIKO is a complete program and comes in two versions, "free" and "Gold". Free is....free. Gold,costs around $30 US. I am using the free version. Works great, once I fumbled thru the setup. Has many features such as adding your own menus and support for subtitles. For me, it was a little confusing and difficult to set up. Once I figured out how to use the "help" files to setup (took about one hour and many mistakes on my part) it worked wonderfly. Still haven't got to "menu" adding but soon. Also supports several freeware encoders and CCE SP. It doesn't support CCE Basic, wish it would.

This is not an expert opinion, I'm not an expert. Just a semi-skilled user of these programs.

Sincerely,
Grumpy

Grumpy Troll
Old 27th November 2006, 19:08   #80  |  Link
mael

hey, nice tool
but it would be nice if the working folders would be in the TEMP directory or in another place (configurable).
i have a partition only for programs and there is no space for a DVD
mael is offline   Reply With Quote