Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 16th April 2006, 11:44   #2081  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
I suggest a fallback: if no audio file matches T?? all audio files should be added.
megui only supports two audio tracks... I'd much prefer berrinam's approach.. it's more informative, and error resiliant as we could finally scrap the "find demuxed audio" routine and instead know for sure what it is we're looking for.
Old 16th April 2006, 16:31   #2082  |  Link
Mutant_Fruit

Hi,
Sorry for vanishing for so long. I was away on holidays in lavigno skiing over my easter break from college and i managed to damage myself a little :P

Anyway, with my summer exams coming up in less than a month i've been overloaded with study and whatnot, so i don't have much time to mess around with code. Here's the current status on the AutoUpdate:

Firstly, i havn't really touched it in a few weeks, so i may have forgotten some problems with it. I went through it today, commented some bits of it and wrote a little .doc with some info on what has to be done (that i remember) and what i have done. It's mostly done. It just needs a few tweaks here and there

If anyone does want to continue it on, feel free to PM me (i mightn't be on the forums too much, so i might miss a post).

Once again, sorry for vanishing off for so long, i got quite distracted with all the work i have to be doing.

In the zip file there are two folders. The CVS version is the CVS version of MeGUI that i was working off when i started this. The New Version is the version with the AutoUpdate code and all that. The document is just a list of TODO's and a quick explanation of the code and some of the important points.

Source code

EDIT: The "server" url in the code needs to be changed as the files are now in http://megui.org/auto/ as opposed to http://megui.org/
Old 16th April 2006, 18:45   #2083  |  Link
DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
megui only supports two audio tracks... I'd much prefer berrinam's approach.. it's more informative, and error resiliant as we could finally scrap the "find demuxed audio" routine and instead know for sure what it is we're looking for.
I realize that there are problems with my suggestion, first of all the order. Currently one-click allows to select a generic Track 1, Track 2, ... but if we add all available tracks it can be hard to determine which one is track 1.

However, I have a bunch of already demuxxed m2v/mp2 files which come from ProjectX. And I need ProjectX to read my .rec files (which come from a Topfield receiver) and I also need it to fix audio sync problems - which requires it to demuxx the media. I tried having ProjectX convert to PVA and DGIndex demuxx but the result was bad audio sync (really bad, variable offset). Seems I have to stick with PX and its demuxxing (and I also cut with PX).

Bottomline is I have demuxxed audio already and DGIndex can't know any better than MeGui which audio it is. But it's not like there were dozens of totally unrelated filenames for audio tracks. Usually there one or two with the same name as the video and extension ac3 or mp2. If one-click could have the real audio filename in its combobox (instead of Track 1, 2, ...) neither MeGUI nor the user would have to guess which track to use...
DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 02:09   #2084  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Fruit
If anyone does want to continue it on, feel free to PM me (i mightn't be on the forums too much, so i might miss a post).
I've managed to compile this, integrate it with the newest CVS, and make a few changes. I'll try to get this finished and committed into CVS soon.

@Richard: Could you sort out some way of me getting access to megui.org please, so I can play around with the auto-update files? Also, what's up with http://megui.org/mediawiki/ ? There seems to be a folder there, but it redirects to http://megui.avisynth.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page which gives a 'can't find server' error.
berrinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 02:46   #2085  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Okay everyone. Now that my easter break is over, I've finished the installer for the essentials package. This should be installed by everyone who is new to megui and having problems.

Note: Nero Audio codecs not included due to licensing issues. Please download nero from www.nero.com and find aac.dll and accenc32.dll to encode using nero.

Essentials Package with MeGUI 2.3.2125

Last edited by ChronoCross; 18th April 2006 at 23:33.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 13:05   #2086  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
If one-click could have the real audio filename in its combobox (instead of Track 1, 2, ...) neither MeGUI nor the user would have to guess which track to use...
You want something else: being able to manually select audio streams instead of having dgindex demux them. If you have a DVD, where the 8 streams really come from, if you don't have the info file it's your own bad.. those that rip as they ought to for megui will have a nice dropdown with all the languages the DVD has.
When it comes to digiTV streams, dgindex just offers the track1-8.. what could megui do different than offer the same so that it would be more clear?

Keep in mind, you have an entire different workflow. the one clicker is for people who demux with dgindex. And this is a discussion for the suggestion thread.
Old 18th April 2006, 01:52   #2087  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross
Okay everyone. Now that my easter break is over, I've finished the installer for the essentials package.
thank you for that installer... very nice

two things to mention:

1. for the beginners there should be a hint to put the aac.dll and the aacenc32.dll into the besweet folder (if they want to use nero for audio encoding) and

2. you should definitely remove your logs

thank you

Sill

Edit: you'll find mencoder doubled... as it should (mencoder.exe) but mencoder.rar as well -> does make the package smaller if removed

Edit 2: and you'll find another mencoder.exe within \tools\MKVtoolnix\mencoder.exe -> another 11,4 MB to remove from the package...

you seem to love mencoder that leads to my last question... why isn't the xvid encoder xvid_encraw but mencoder?

Last edited by sillKotscha; 18th April 2006 at 02:13.
sillKotscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2006, 03:20   #2088  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

sorry I forgot about all the copies I had floating around in there. there are issues with mencoder and largefiles. I had been working on a fix for that. I finally got it however I think there is a problem with the current one I have unzipped. the one in the rar is probably the best to use. I will have that fixed in the next updated release(atomorrow sometime)
Old 18th April 2006, 06:05   #2089  |  Link
berrinam

I believe the newest xvid_encraw isn't supported by MeGUI at the moment, so it is best to stay with mencoder for the time being.

@ChronoCross: The AviSynth plugins need to go in the AviSynth plugin directory (given by LocalMachine\Software\AviSynth\plugindir2_5 in the registry). Also, you may have noticed that I Mutant_Fruit uploaded the source code to his autoupdate code, and I am working on it. I hope to finish it soon, so that could eliminate the need for all the extra files required in a package.
Old 18th April 2006, 06:14   #2090  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

I'll make a readme of things needed to be done manaully( I have not figured out how to do things such as reading from the registry. but yeah the next version will be greatly improved.

Oh also could you remove -noodml from the mencoder huffy commandline in cvs? it won't allow for greater than 4GB.
Old 18th April 2006, 06:14   #2091  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
I believe the newest xvid_encraw isn't supported by MeGUI at the moment, so it is best to stay with mencoder for the time being.
thanks for clarification
Old 18th April 2006, 23:34   #2092  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

I've redid the essentials package to make the corrections. It also has a readme. The size is now greatly reduced. 10MB.
Old 19th April 2006, 00:44   #2093  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
I'll make a readme of things needed to be done manaully( I have not figured out how to do things such as reading from the registry. but yeah the next version will be greatly improved.
Don't overstress yourself with making the installation do everything right now. Maybe we should come up with a verdict on how we will do distributions (auto-update or not) from my post first.

Quote:
Oh also could you remove -noodml from the mencoder huffy commandline in cvs? it won't allow for greater than 4GB.
Have you now managed to make an mencoder build that works with big files? In that case, I will certainly remove it.

Last edited by berrinam; 19th April 2006 at 00:59.
Old 19th April 2006, 03:04   #2094  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

yeah the one that I have included in the package works with large filesizes. it took 2 different patches and some time reading and asking questions on the mplayer mailing list.

As for the auto update I'm all for that. all we need is a place to store the stuff, decisions on directory structure and the ability for someone to update and check for other updates when necessary.

Last edited by ChronoCross; 19th April 2006 at 03:06.
Old 19th April 2006, 03:49   #2095  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
yeah the one that I have included in the package works with large filesizes. it took 2 different patches and some time reading and asking questions on the mplayer mailing list.
Great. I'll update the commandlines, then.

Quote:
As for the auto update I'm all for that. all we need is a place to store the stuff
megui.org
Quote:
decisions on directory structure
At the moment, this follows what is already set up. As in, it is currently designed for updating an already-configured system, so it simply replaces the files wherever they are with a new version. I'm considering adding a 'setup' preset/mode of operation, which will get everything and put it in a new directory structure (my idea is listed at the end of this post).
Quote:
the ability for someone to update and check for other updates when necessary.
I don't get that. Are you basically saying that we need the ability to run auto-update? Isn't that obvious?

My proposed directory structure:
Code:
%meguidir%\tools\x264\
                \mencoder\
                \xvid_encraw\
                \neroraw
                \faac\
                \lame\
                \besweet\
                \mkvmerge\
                \mp4box\
It's similar to what you currently do with your installer, but it ensures that files with the same names in various packages (especially things like readme.txt) don't override each other.
Old 19th April 2006, 03:59   #2096  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
I don't get that. Are you basically saying that we need the ability to run auto-update? Isn't that obvious?
I actually meant an admin to control the files that need updating. Someone to actually go out, look for any updates and then place them on the site for updating. (filters, programs among other things)
Old 19th April 2006, 04:23   #2097  |  Link
berrinam

Code:
0.2.3.2127 19 April 2006
Commit by berrinam:
  - Allow relative pathnames for encoder files
Old 19th April 2006, 09:16   #2098  |  Link
riggits

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Code:
0.2.3.2127 19 April 2006
Commit by berrinam:
  - Allow relative pathnames for encoder files
This is a landmark moment in MeGUI history
Thanks berrinam!
Old 19th April 2006, 09:52   #2099  |  Link
berrinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggits
This is a landmark moment in MeGUI history
Thanks berrinam!
Hahahaha! The changes for that revision are just overwhelming: two extra lines, both
Code:
        executable = Path.Combine(Application.StartupPath, executable);
Just goes to show that the amount of work required for a change has absolutely no relation to the value that the users place on it.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:21   #2100  |  Link
max-holz

I have a silly question.

What Sourceforge thinks about his ridicolous cvs?
max-holz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, megui, not a help thread