Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 20th May 2019, 21:41   #3181  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD 2.8.9 Alpha 190519 is available.

Change log:

- Added support to PGS BluRay subtitles
- Added handling and display of MediaInfo BitDepth video tag
- Added support to 8 channels audio source (Downmix.avsi script file updated)
- Improved Muxing routine: better errors handling and switch to FFmpeg (instead of Mplex) when no audio source is present
- Improved usage of FFMS2: now YV12 colorspace is always specified (A2DSource external AviSynth function updated as well)
- Improved AviSynth program info retrieving routine (now using AVSMeter)
- LAV Filters updated to release 0.74.1

Feedbacks and suggestions are welcome, mainly on 8 to 6 audio channels downmix routine, which is very basic.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 22:21   #3182  |  Link
manolito

Thanks a lot for this new version, put it on my test bench already, here's what I think...

As usual I cannot comment on the new subtitle support feature. I don't do BluRay, and I don't ever use subtitles.

The same goes for the 8-channel audio downmix feature. I only do stereo (maybe mono sometimes) and 6-ch audio sources, I never came across an 8-ch audio source. I would suggest to ask Tebasuna about the new downmix.avsi.

The new muxing routine for sources without any audio tracks works fine. The only thing I found is that for such cases the AVS script is not deleted, even if the options to delete helper files are ticked. No big deal. BTW you could have continued using mplex even for video-only sources by omitting the -L option of mplex.

Always specifying the YV12 colorspace option for ffms2 works perfectly.

Adding the ConvertAudioToFloat function to SSRC does not work for PAL speedup or NTSC slowdown. For a command like this:
Quote:
AssumeFPS("pal_film", sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)
the ConvertAudioToFloat call does not get added. BTW for the sake of consistency you should use ConvertAudioToFloat() with the brackets.

And now really nitpicking...
The new AviSynth detection routine using AVSMeter works nicely, but it sure slows down the AVStoDVD startup. Not too bad on my Core i5 Win 7 laptop, but very much on my ancient desktop machine. (please ignore this...)

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 22nd May 2019 at 00:25.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:54   #3183  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Thanks manolito, you are my usual savior

To mitigate the slow start, I can add a message to wait for the ext sw properties to be read.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 22nd May 2019 at 20:57.
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21   #3184  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
The new AviSynth detection routine using AVSMeter works nicely, but it sure slows down the AVStoDVD startup.
AVSMeter checks all auto-load plugins for compatibility/dependencies/bitness. If you have lots of plugins and a slow CPU, this will slow down the detection process.

AVStoDVD should probably check the "[Plugin errors/warnings]" section of the log file (if present, see example below) and throw an error message if necessary.

Code:
[Plugin errors/warnings]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cannot load file 'E:/Apps/VideoTools/AVSPlugins/AutoLoad/LSMASHSource.dll'. Platform returned code 127:
The specified procedure could not be found.

Note: You may need a newer OS version in order to use this plugin
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alternatively, I may add a switch for basic Avisynth info without the plugin parsing.
Old Yesterday, 19:06   #3185  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Alternatively, I may add a switch for basic Avisynth info without the plugin parsing.
Thanks Groucho for chiming in...

Yes, I would prefer the AVS info without the plugin parsing. AVStoDVD is designed so it does not depend on any plugin from the AviSynth\Plugins folder. All plugins which the software uses are in its own Lib folder and are loaded explicitly (no autoloading is used). IMO checking the AVS version and the correct installation is all which needs to be done at startup.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; Today at 01:29.
Old Today, 01:28   #3186  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Maybe I will add a small guide how to use AVS+ with my FFmpeg_VBR and HCenc_Mod plugins to my plugin distribution...
Done...

Download link is at the bottom of this post:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...58#post1814958

Cheers
manolito