Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th February 2019, 13:42   #16661  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Other decoders are not frame accurate. Especially those using DirectShowSource interface.
I have it backed up for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I've brought it up before, but is it possible in the batch mode to set a custom crop?
I've been using the auto crop, but it doesn't always get it right.

Right now I have about 78 files that should all have a crop of L 240 and a R 240 but many (not all) are L238 R240 and all of those have a small black line on the left side, so I'm having to go through each job and check manually, which IMO defeats the purpose of the autocrop.
I was trying to batch edit the crop with the jobxxxx.avs and jobxxxx.ini, but that doesn't seem to be enough because the crop isn't taking for during the encode. After editing the two files if I go into the AviSynth Filters the crop setting is still set to Do not crop, however if I look at the script "Show Video Scrpit" I do see my crop settings.
Is there another location I need to edit?
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 13:47   #16662  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Right now I have about 78 files that should all have a crop of L 240 and a R 240 but many (not all) are L238 R240 and all of those have a small black line on the left side, so I'm having to go through each job and check manually, which IMO defeats the purpose of the autocrop.
Can you upload some problematic samples. I will try to adjust autocrop algorithm.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 15:18   #16663  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Can you upload some problematic samples. I will try to adjust autocrop algorithm.
Sure, I'll do that and PM you the link once it is done...slow upload, sorry.
The ones that I originally was having issues with I already finished and have moved on, but I have some new issue ones.
But, IMO, being able to define the crop in batch mode would be more helpful because 9 out of time times it works but it leaves me still having to check every single job.

Last edited by byteshare; 9th February 2019 at 15:24.
Old 9th February 2019, 16:09   #16664  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Sure, I'll do that and PM you the link once it is done...slow upload, sorry.
The ones that I originally was having issues with I already finished and have moved on, but I have some new issue ones.
But, IMO, being able to define the crop in batch mode would be more helpful because 9 out of time times it works but it leaves me still having to check every single job.
I prefer to improve autocrop...
Old 9th February 2019, 16:52   #16665  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I prefer to improve autocrop...
PM Sent with test files
Old 9th February 2019, 17:20   #16666  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
PM Sent with test files
None of your files have horizontal bars.

Quote:
Old 9th February 2019, 17:40   #16667  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
None of your files have horizontal bars.
I don't have the old files anymore, but the ones I sent also aren't working correctly. I was quoting my old message because to me I'm having the same issue, which is auto crop isn't working correctly.
In the batch I sent, some have horizontal, some vertical, and some both.
Black Jack file has horizontal bars.
Old 9th February 2019, 17:42   #16668  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I don't have the old files anymore, but the ones I sent also aren't working correctly. I was quoting my old message because to me I'm having the same issue, which is auto crop isn't working correctly.
In the batch I sent, some have horizontal, some vertical, and some both.
Black Jack file has horizontal bars.
My mistake ,I meant vertical bars.
Old 9th February 2019, 18:24   #16669  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
My mistake ,I meant vertical bars.
Crest.of.the.Stars.(Seikai.no.Monshou).08 has a vertical bar, or do you mean more standard 4:3 in a 16:9 file?
Old 9th February 2019, 18:38   #16670  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Crest.of.the.Stars.(Seikai.no.Monshou).08 has a vertical bar, or do you mean more standard 4:3 in a 16:9 file?
works fine

Old 9th February 2019, 18:53   #16671  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
works fine

Huh, didn't for me:

What about Cryon Shin 02?

Did all 31 files work for you?

Last edited by byteshare; 9th February 2019 at 18:57.
Old 9th February 2019, 19:12   #16672  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Because You use non standard DPI scaling. My app was designed for default 100%. BTW. scaling in win10 works differently than in win7. Win10 resamples content of the window and hence everything looks correctly. On other hand win7 only increased system UI elements like buttons and so on. Rest remains untouched and looks weird like you see.

Quote:
What about Cryon Shin 02?
Autocrop does not crop this black line because top/bottom line is not fully covered.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 9th February 2019 at 19:19.
Old 9th February 2019, 19:16   #16673  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Because You use non standard DPI scaling. My app was designed for default 100%. BTW. scaling in win10 works different than in win7. Win10 resamples content of the window and hence everything looks correct. On other win7 only increased system UI elements like buttons and so on. Rest remains untouched and looks weird like you see.
Okay, so it is working as intended, because you prefer not to crop unbalanced? ie, not -4,0,0,2?
I can check on another machine that I don't have the scaling above 100% but I had a similar problem with them not cropping out the black bars, I'll look at that now.

I was trying to batch edit the crop (with notepad++) with the jobxxxx.avs and jobxxxx.ini, but that doesn't seem to be enough because after editing the two files if I go into the AviSynth Filters the crop setting is still set to Do not crop, however if I look at the script "Show Video Scrpit" I do see my crop settings.

Update (from my win10 machine):

Last edited by byteshare; 9th February 2019 at 19:20.
Old 9th February 2019, 19:23   #16674  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Jobx.ini

Btw. I've uploaded new version. Check if your older jobs can now be restored.
Old 9th February 2019, 19:31   #16675  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Jobx.ini
Btw. I've uploaded new version. Check if your older jobs can now be restored.
Thank you...I over looked that file. [update] Works great
Wow, the update fixed the joblist!!! Thank you again, awesome work.

Last edited by byteshare; 9th February 2019 at 19:40.
Old 10th February 2019, 23:13   #16676  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Because You use non standard DPI scaling. My app was designed for default 100%. BTW. scaling in win10 works differently than in win7. Win10 resamples content of the window and hence everything looks correctly. On other hand win7 only increased system UI elements like buttons and so on. Rest remains untouched and looks weird like you see.

Autocrop does not crop this black line because top/bottom line is not fully covered.
At least in that photo it should on the right side IMO.
To me if it is partial it should get cropped, probably why I always want the manual crop option in the batch mode...using notepad++ and doing a batch edit after the fact isn't perfect but much more work able than clicking through each job.
Next time I get the auto crop to not work correctly when it is a solid black line I'll send you some samples again.
Old 12th February 2019, 10:07   #16677  |  Link
PetBel

Error video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt does not exist

Since I have installed the new 1.24 version, after indexing I get the following Error on most jobs (8 of 10 last time) added in batch mode:
File e:\temp\Ripbot264temp\job1\video.mkv.ffindex_track00.kf.txt does not exist!

When checking the files in the job folders there is a video.mkv.ffindex_track01.kf.txt in every folder (number after track is different).

Is there a bug in the new RipBot version or is something wrong with my mkv source files?
PetBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 14:39   #16678  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

upload some samples.
Old 12th February 2019, 15:13   #16679  |  Link
PetBel

After checking some working source files and some source files with error here is what I found:

In working source files the track order is video track (id 0), audio track (id 1), subtitle track (id 2) and charter. In sources with error the audio track is first (id 0) and the video track is second (id 1). For me it looks like that this is the problem. After changing the track order of a file with error Ripbot encoded it without a problem.
PetBel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 16:29   #16680  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetBel View Post
After checking some working source files and some source files with error here is what I found:

In working source files the track order is video track (id 0), audio track (id 1), subtitle track (id 2) and charter. In sources with error the audio track is first (id 0) and the video track is second (id 1). For me it looks like that this is the problem. After changing the track order of a file with error Ripbot encoded it without a problem.
Should send some sample files to the dev so he can fix this for everyone, just my two cents.

Quote:
Really a small thing but on Windows 7 and Windows 10, I've noticed if you tab through the crop settings (to manually adjust), the Tab key goes from Top > Bottom > Right. Left is being skipped. I noticed if I click into left and hit Tab it goes to the ">" key, so it is out of order in some why.
I noticed this after going through dozens of files having to make small corrections, otherwise I'd probably have missed it because normally I'd just use the mouse.
Noticed this got fixed as well. Thank you!

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360