Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th July 2014, 13:56   #20581  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
I've always used...

MKV Container 1920x1080, Intact Audio

I tried "MKV Container 1920x1080, 192K AC3" but that gave me stereo output.
If the output is PCM, and you've selected "Intact Audio" ... then the source is PCM.
Old 15th July 2014, 16:20   #20582  |  Link
jdobbs

The lego movie

@HWK, IVaN_000 and others

Ok, I'm confused. I got back from my trip last night -- and my Region A copy of "The Lego Movie" was waiting on my doorstep. I loaded it and... there's nothing unusual about it. The SSIF exists, and so do the two contributing M2TS files. The main playlist is 00098. The two M2TS files (00042.M2TS and 00065.M2TS) are sized appropriately (so combined they are equal to 00042.SSIF).

What gives? Is there more than one version of the release? There is only one listed anywhere I look. I sure hope the reports are against the actual commercial discs and not something that has been modified...

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th July 2014 at 16:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 16:27   #20583  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
that setting has no effect on the running of bdrb but of x264. It tells x264 whether or not to use ffdshow for image frameserving or its own internal frameserver. It has no impact on BDRB running a 32bit or 64bit OS. That's purely ur own choice. Same for FFDshow, 32bit or 64 doesn't matter. U set ffdshow up with w7 or w8 just like any other OS. U follow instructions in 1st post and ur done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamete View Post
jdobbs one year ago says me on "use x264's internal LAVF" with more cores

maybe my mistake
If you use that setting, and there is no other overriding parameter that forces another type of frame-serving, and you are on a 64 bit operating system; BD-RB will use the 64 bit version of X264 for the encode.

There is no special version or setup.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th July 2014 at 16:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 18:28   #20584  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Sorry for the OT but the ss gamete posted is priceless
emule, utorrent, bittorent, jdownloader 2 and his "IMAX.Hubble.3D.mkv" legit file of a 3D bluray he owns. You guys are too hard on him.
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 19:59   #20585  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@HWK, IVaN_000 and others

Ok, I'm confused. I got back from my trip last night -- and my Region A copy of "The Lego Movie" was waiting on my doorstep. I loaded it and... there's nothing unusual about it. The SSIF exists, and so do the two contributing M2TS files. The main playlist is 00098. The two M2TS files (00042.M2TS and 00065.M2TS) are sized appropriately (so combined they are equal to 00042.SSIF).

What gives? Is there more than one version of the release? There is only one listed anywhere I look. I sure hope the reports are against the actual commercial discs and not something that has been modified...
Jdobbs, most likely there is more than one version and no I am not using modified release version of disc. Does you version say "include bonus 3D movie" because mine doesn't.

Also want to add I also import movies outside of US and Canada as well, not all movies I have are from these regions.

Last edited by HWK; 15th July 2014 at 20:31. Reason: More Info
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 20:55   #20586  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
If the output is PCM, and you've selected "Intact Audio" ... then the source is PCM.
Thank you. Understood, but I guess what I'm asking is... Is there a way, maybe an option, to have BD-Rebuilder convert the DTS inside the PCM to to DTS that isn't?

Like encode the PCM DTS in Pirates, to the DTS in the format used on say Die Hard 2 which works in the MKV?

If not possible in BD-Rebuilder, is it possible to do outside? (hopefully an "easy" way?)
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2014, 21:09   #20587  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Thank you. Understood, but I guess what I'm asking is... Is there a way, maybe an option, to have BD-Rebuilder convert the DTS inside the PCM to to DTS that isn't?

Like encode the PCM DTS in Pirates, to the DTS in the format used on say Die Hard 2 which works in the MKV?

If not possible in BD-Rebuilder, is it possible to do outside? (hopefully an "easy" way?)
In order to convert to DTS you will need to run through DTS encoder. Which is not included with BD-RB.

In other movies most likely audio was DTS-HD and it was downscale to DTS or contain dts and pcm track and during backup kept DTS.

It is certainly possible but not easy outside of BD-RB but will require encode which is not free and last time I check it was 1,495 USD.

Last edited by HWK; 15th July 2014 at 21:13.
Old 15th July 2014, 23:36   #20588  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Jdobbs, most likely there is more than one version and no I am not using modified release version of disc. Does you version say "include bonus 3D movie" because mine doesn't.

Also want to add I also import movies outside of US and Canada as well, not all movies I have are from these regions.
This is the one I got. I got that one because I believe someone in the thread mentioned this as the one having issues. At the time it was the only 3D version I found. It appears now, though, that there is another (cheaper) one.
Old 16th July 2014, 00:21   #20589  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
This is the one I got. I got that one because I believe someone in the thread mentioned this as the one having issues. At the time it was the only 3D version I found. It appears now, though, that there is another (cheaper) one.
I can confirm mine is different, mine does not have in writing "Include Bonus 3D Movie" on cover.
Old 16th July 2014, 03:22   #20590  |  Link
HWK

Quote:

2. I've thought about that. But I hate to repeat what has already been done in freeware. I may need to do it, though.
Intel have added some new feature in main SDK compare to one which was used to compile FRIM maybe worth a try.

Last edited by HWK; 16th July 2014 at 03:27.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:19   #20591  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi jdobbs,
sorry for my english

i use this fantastic program for a long time!
Now is a lot that i didnt read the forum and i have one question,
which is the difference in these options:

alternative decoding options
- Use X264's internal LAVF for frame serving
- Use DGDecNC for frame serving
- Use FRIMSource for frame serving

i have a I7 920 socket 1366, mobo sabertooth, 6gb ram, 500gb ssd

thanks

ps: there is somewhere a complete guide of this programa and for all the options (also the one in the ini file)?
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2014, 15:41   #20592  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
hi jdobbs,
sorry for my english

i use this fantastic program for a long time!
Now is a lot that i didnt read the forum and i have one question,
which is the difference in these options:

alternative decoding options
- Use DGDecNC for frame serving

i have a I7 920 socket 1366, mobo sabertooth, 6gb ram, 500gb ssd

thanks

ps: there is somewhere a complete guide of this programa and for all the options (also the one in the ini file)?
They are just different ways that frames from the original video source can be fed to the X264 encoder.

If none of them are checked (the default), the frames will be sent via DirectShowSource(). This uses a standard Windows interface that, via AVISYNTH, decodes the video and presents it to the encoder.

X264 has an internal decoder called LAVF. When selected this tells BD-RB to, whenever possible, use LAVF. The disadvantage is that, since AVISYNTH is not used, no filters or other special features can be used.

- Use DGDecNV for frame serving
DGDecNV is an AVISYNTH decoding filter written by Neuron2. It requires a compatible Nvidia video card. Since it uses the video card for some of its functions it can be faster than other methods. It also has the advantage of frame-accurate seeking, which makes multiprocessing more efficient. DGDecNV is not free, it can be purchase for $15 from Neuron2.net. This is the one I use on my video computer.

FRIMSource is an freeware AVISYNTH decoding filter written by videofan3d. It uses the Intel SDK, and is meant primarily for those users who have an intel-based video card that support Quick-Sync -- although it will work without it. If the video card exists and is enabled it can speed up decoding speeds significantly.

A guide is on my to-do list, and has been for a long time. I've just never gotten around to it.
Old 16th July 2014, 15:43   #20593  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
In order to convert to DTS you will need to run through DTS encoder. Which is not included with BD-RB.

In other movies most likely audio was DTS-HD and it was downscale to DTS or contain dts and pcm track and during backup kept DTS.

It is certainly possible but not easy outside of BD-RB but will require encode which is not free and last time I check it was 1,495 USD.
Cool. Thanks for the response.

I have the DVD's of the movies too, their DTS is fine when converted to MKV, so I'll try and pull that audio track out and merge it with the video BD Rebuilder created. I just have to match up that audio to this video since they are slightly off.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014, 19:12   #20594  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
They are just different ways that frames from the original video source can be fed to the X264 encoder.

If none of them are checked (the default), the frames will be sent via DirectShowSource(). This uses a standard Windows interface that, via AVISYNTH, decodes the video and presents it to the encoder.

X264 has an internal decoder called LAVF. When selected this tells BD-RB to, whenever possible, use LAVF. The disadvantage is that, since AVISYNTH is not used, no filters or other special features can be used.

- Use DGDecNV for frame serving
DGDecNV is an AVISYNTH decoding filter written by Neuron2. It requires a compatible Nvidia video card. Since it uses the video card for some of its functions it can be faster than other methods. It also has the advantage of frame-accurate seeking, which makes multiprocessing more efficient. DGDecNV is not free, it can be purchase for $15 from Neuron2.net. This is the one I use on my video computer.

FRIMSource is an freeware AVISYNTH decoding filter written by videofan3d. It uses the Intel SDK, and is meant primarily for those users who have an intel-based video card that support Quick-Sync -- although it will work without it. If the video card exists and is enabled it can speed up decoding speeds significantly.

A guide is on my to-do list, and has been for a long time. I've just never gotten around to it.
thanks a lot jdobbs for your complete and nice answer
My config is:
I7 920 socket 1366, mobo sabertooth, 6gb ram, 500gb ssd

so i think i'll check DGDecNV for frame serving!!
i Always used LAVF with good result, not so fast, but good.
But i want the best, so i'll check DGDecNV for $15 i can do it!

thanks again!!!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2014, 19:51   #20595  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
thanks a lot jdobbs for your complete and nice answer
My config is:
I7 920 socket 1366, mobo sabertooth, 6gb ram, 500gb ssd

so i think i'll check DGDecNV for frame serving!!
i Always used LAVF with good result, not so fast, but good.

thanks again!!!
Nice choice, I use it as well and one of best thing about it is it allows encoder to make best of target size.
Old 17th July 2014, 20:33   #20596  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
I don't thing JD was saying that DGDecNV yields a higher quality encode, but that it is better a breaking up the source file and, therefore, more efficient in allocating resources during the encoding process. In other words, you buy DGDecNV for faster encode speed, not for better video quality.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 06:29   #20597  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Any thing like DGenNV for AMD GPU?
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 13:30   #20598  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuLyMaN View Post
Not to my knowledge.
Old 18th July 2014, 14:52   #20599  |  Link
mmick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuLyMaN View Post
Since AMD has the worse drivers, since AMD sold me an E-450 that "has UVD3 with 3D MVC hardware support" which does not, since AMD has lousy CPUs... I left AMD for a while.
mmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 16:57   #20600  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm not thrilled with their GPUs -- but I am very pleased with AMD's CPUs. You get a lot of performance for a lot less money than Intel. If money or price/performance ratio isn't important, then Intel is ok. Also, can you imagine what Intel would be charging for their CPUs if AMD didn't exist as a competitor?