Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 31st January 2023, 11:45   #221  |  Link
manolito

Hi Marius,

after testing this latest version I believe that I found a nasty little bug. Took me a while to get a grip on it...

It happens whenever I encode more than 1 source file in one job, video is copied, audio is reencoded. And I create simple chapters spaced at a 6 minute distance. It does not matter which audio encoder I use. It also makes no difference if I work in normal mode or in bulk mode.

The problem always occurs when the next source file in the queue is shorter than the previous file (so it will end up with less chapter points than the previous file). In such cases the number of created chapters will be the same for the first (longer) file as the number of chapters for the next (shorter) file.

What fixes this is to change the order of the files in the queue so that the shortest files will be processed before the longer files.

I hope that my explanation is clear enough. A short screenshot video would be easier to understand, but my computer skills are no longer up to this.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 31st January 2023 at 11:50.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2023, 12:55   #222  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Hi Marius,

after testing this latest version I believe that I found a nasty little bug. Took me a while to get a grip on it...

It happens whenever I encode more than 1 source file in one job, video is copied, audio is reencoded. And I create simple chapters spaced at a 6 minute distance. It does not matter which audio encoder I use. It also makes no difference if I work in normal mode or in bulk mode.

The problem always occurs when the next source file in the queue is shorter than the previous file (so it will end up with less chapter points than the previous file). In such cases the number of created chapters will be the same for the first (longer) file as the number of chapters for the next (shorter) file.

What fixes this is to change the order of the files in the queue so that the shortest files will be processed before the longer files.

I hope that my explanation is clear enough. A short screenshot video would be easier to understand, but my computer skills are no longer up to this.

Cheers
manolito
You are right and it just hit me why it behaves like this..
I will try to find an workaround since it is indeed nasty ..to solve!
Thanks for this!
mdalacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2023, 13:21   #223  |  Link
mdalacu

@Manolito,
Please redownload and test the same scenario.
Does the problem persist?
Thanks!
Old 31st January 2023, 21:42   #224  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for the new version, that was fast...

Did a few tests, clever idea to change the internal file sort order temporarily. Could not break it so far, very clever.

In normal Convert mode it can get a little confusing when after the settings for the first file are done and I load the next source file, all of a sudden the file order in the "Load File" dialog has changed. But I can live with this.

I tried to confuse the software in the standard "Convert" mode by manually changing the chapter distance for the last (longer) source file to a much higher distance between chapters so creating much less chapters. But this did not break the chapter creating for the other source files at the beginning of the queue.

Thanks very much for the quick fix...

Cheers
manolito
Old 1st February 2023, 18:00   #225  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
...all of a sudden the file order in the "Load File" dialog has changed.
Sorry for the alarm, it turned out that this is a one-time thing...

It only happens after the first start. In the "Load File" dialog you can change back the sort order to your preferred setting, the change will stick (even survive a reboot), and entering a different sort order or changing it back to the previous setting will not reintroduce the old error of skipped chapter points.

So sorry for the false alarm, everything is cool...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 1st February 2023 at 18:06.
Old 1st February 2023, 18:54   #226  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Thanks for the new version, that was fast...

Did a few tests, clever idea to change the internal file sort order temporarily. Could not break it so far, very clever.

In normal Convert mode it can get a little confusing when after the settings for the first file are done and I load the next source file, all of a sudden the file order in the "Load File" dialog has changed. But I can live with this.

I tried to confuse the software in the standard "Convert" mode by manually changing the chapter distance for the last (longer) source file to a much higher distance between chapters so creating much less chapters. But this did not break the chapter creating for the other source files at the beginning of the queue.

Thanks very much for the quick fix...

Cheers
manolito
I am glad that fix worked!
Thank you!
Old 10th February 2023, 11:53   #227  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
Great!
Audio encoding: I just noticed one thing: When encoding from a 6.1 FLAC file to AAC, the bitrate in the stream still has the original value in the resulting file. After remuxing it with mkvtoolnix, the bitrate is written correctly in the header. Its just a minor thing, maybe easy to fix.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2023, 19:48   #228  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
Audio encoding: I just noticed one thing: When encoding from a 6.1 FLAC file to AAC, the bitrate in the stream still has the original value in the resulting file. After remuxing it with mkvtoolnix, the bitrate is written correctly in the header. Its just a minor thing, maybe easy to fix.
Can you provide an small sample file to test?
What version of ffmpeg are you using?
Thanks.
Old 14th February 2023, 09:47   #229  |  Link
mdalacu

New version is up and published! V2.5.5
Also there is a new site:
https://sites.google.com/site/dmsimp...MediaConverter

Changelog:
Quote:
- New Chapter Editor!
You can drop or copy chapter information form another source. Also you can manaully add chapters.
Chaptes autonaming.
End times are not needed.
Autocreate chapters by divide in X parts or evenly spaced (X seconds) using an offset.
It also works in Bulk mode!
- Split - create split points from embedded chapters
- Auto gain for audio stream in Bulk mode! An offset can be applied.
- A new Output window. Some colors added for better view of errors.
- AV1 STV encoder initial support.
- New About window.
- Added Donate button. I encourage you to use it! Thank you! :-)
- Some bugs fixed.
I hope you will enjoy it and please, provide feedback!
Thank you!
Old 15th February 2023, 08:57   #230  |  Link
manolito

Hi Marius,

thank you so much for the latest stable version. Took the time to test it with my usual tasks, no problem whatsoever (looks pretty much identical to the previous beta version)...

I took the occasion to update my personal edition of your software to the latest version, take a look here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...37#post1979037

This is for older hardware, 32bit only, includes the libfdk encoder by Fraunhofer (plus a few tweaks). Scroll down a few posts from this one for more details...

Thanks again and cheers
Manolito

Last edited by manolito; 15th February 2023 at 19:52.
Old 15th February 2023, 19:35   #231  |  Link
mdalacu

Thank you Manolito!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 13th April 2023, 22:12   #232  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

I need some help...

I wanted to batch encode some files with multiple different audio stream, different channel counts, etc... The implemented "bitrate per channel" and autogain for all channels comes in handy.

So far, so good.

Now I wanted to use AAC HE V2 with FDK... Enabled it in the .ini file - with AAC LC its running fine...

But I canīt get it to use HE V2... Where do I put which argument in what format? I tried all format styles, it always fails..

Edit: I recall you bundled ffmpeg with FDK included.... Maybe I am mistaken and I have to get a seperate compile? If so, any hints? Since I got an AVX512 CPU - I wouldnīt mind an AVX512 compile (but this is really only a very much nice to have thingy.... wouldnīt help with Audio encoding anyway...)

Last edited by ReinerSchweinlin; 13th April 2023 at 22:16.
Old 14th April 2023, 04:39   #233  |  Link
manolito

Hi Reiner,

to make LibFDK work under dmMediaConverter you need to edit its INI File first. Have a look at this post by mdalacu and waybe the following posts by myself:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...42#post1979042

Good luck
Manolito
Old 14th April 2023, 15:18   #234  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
I need some help...

I wanted to batch encode some files with multiple different audio stream, different channel counts, etc... The implemented "bitrate per channel" and autogain for all channels comes in handy.

So far, so good.

Now I wanted to use AAC HE V2 with FDK... Enabled it in the .ini file - with AAC LC its running fine...

But I canīt get it to use HE V2... Where do I put which argument in what format? I tried all format styles, it always fails..

Edit: I recall you bundled ffmpeg with FDK included.... Maybe I am mistaken and I have to get a seperate compile? If so, any hints? Since I got an AVX512 CPU - I wouldnīt mind an AVX512 compile (but this is really only a very much nice to have thingy.... wouldnīt help with Audio encoding anyway...)
Hi! I am sorry but i don't have any ideea.
Trying to make their example just fails.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
I have trying using one of the latest ffmpeg which has libfdk_aac without dmMediaConverter...it fails.
In dmmediaconverter you need to put this option "-profile:a aac_he_v2" in "More"..."Other Out". But it is not working.

Code:
D:\Filme\t>"D:\Programare\Lazarus\dmMediaConverter\bin\i386-win32\ffmpeg.exe" -i VID_20220713_222416.mp4  -vn -c:a libfdk_aac -profile:a aac_he_v2 -b:a 32k output.m4a
ffmpeg version 5.1.2-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 10-win32 (GCC) 20220324
  configuration: --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg --arch=x86_64 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=x86_64-w64-mingw32- --pkg-config=pkg-config --pkg-config-flags=--static --extra-libs='-lfftw3f -lstdc++' --extra-cflags=-DCHROMAPRINT_NODLL --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-ffplay --disable-debug --disable-doc --disable-sdl2 --disable-ptx-compression --disable-w32threads --enable-pthreads --enable-shared --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-schannel --enable-iconv --enable-libxml2 --enable-zlib --enable-lzma --enable-gmp --enable-chromaprint --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libwebp --enable-libvpx --enable-libzimg --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libsvtav1 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-opencl --enable-dxva2 --enable-d3d11va --enable-amf --enable-libmfx --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuda --enable-cuda-llvm --enable-cuvid --enable-nvdec --enable-nvenc
  libavutil      57. 28.100 / 57. 28.100
  libavcodec     59. 37.100 / 59. 37.100
  libavformat    59. 27.100 / 59. 27.100
  libavdevice    59.  7.100 / 59.  7.100
  libavfilter     8. 44.100 /  8. 44.100
  libswscale      6.  7.100 /  6.  7.100
  libswresample   4.  7.100 /  4.  7.100
  libpostproc    56.  6.100 / 56.  6.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'VID_20220713_222416.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : mp42
    minor_version   : 0
    compatible_brands: isommp42
    creation_time   : 2022-07-13T19:24:16.000000Z
    com.android.version: 10
  Duration: 00:00:48.24, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 15879 kb/s
  Stream #0:0[0x1](eng): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1920x1080, 15552 kb/s, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 29.68 fps, 29.75 tbr, 90k tbn (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandle
      vendor_id       : [0][0][0][0]
  Stream #0:1[0x2](eng): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SoundHandle
      vendor_id       : [0][0][0][0]
File 'output.m4a' already exists. Overwrite? [y/N] y
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:0 (aac (native) -> aac (libfdk_aac))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[libfdk_aac @ 000001c6ed87d6c0] Unable to set the AOT 29: Invalid config
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
Conversion failed!
Old 15th April 2023, 04:52   #235  |  Link
manolito

To me this looks like a prime example of Newer not always being better...

If you do not care for 32-bit builds which work under WinXP I recommend the 64-bit builds by Shertya. The latest builds are from December 2022, get them here:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...33#post1928433

Scroll down to the lower third of the page to find the links. Download both the 64-bit versions of ffmpeg and libfdk.

On my Win7 computer this combination works perfectly.

Cheers
manolito
Old 15th April 2023, 11:24   #236  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
... But it is not working.

...ffmpeg -i VID_20220713_222416.mp4 -vn -c:a libfdk_aac -profile:a aac_he_v2 -b:a 32k output.m4a
Stream #0:1[0x2](eng): Audio: aac (LC), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
[libfdk_aac @ 000001c6ed87d6c0] Unable to set the AOT 29: Invalid config
Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
Try with greater bitrate or -vbr 1
Old 16th April 2023, 16:44   #237  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Hi Manolito

Quote:
to make LibFDK work under dmMediaConverter you need to edit its INI File first. ----
This I did of course, see my post. Without any parameters, libfdk runs fine with lc profile - turning on the HE and HE2 Profiles gives me trouble.

I of course also did try some different ffmpeg compiles, some of the ones you mentioned, old ones I found on my HD...

Quote:
Hi! I am sorry but i don't have any ideea.
Trying to make their example just fails.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
I have trying using one of the latest ffmpeg which has libfdk_aac without dmMediaConverter...it fails.
In dmmediaconverter you need to put this option "-profile:a aac_he_v2" in "More"..."Other Out". But it is not working.
Thanx for confirming - Just like you I put the argument in exactly that syntax in both places you mentioned - no luck.
The error I get is:

Code:
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (flac (native) -> aac (libfdk_aac))
  Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
[AVFilterGraph @ 0795b300] No such filter: '-profile:a aac_he_v2'
Error reinitializing filters!
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Invalid argument
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #0:1
Conversion failed!
no matter the input format - the error message always includes "no such filter".... So it looks like the argument was interpreted as a filter - thats why I thought I probably messed up some syntax first...

behaviour is the same, no matter the ffmpeg compile I use, whether I use batch or single...

thanx for your help !
Old 17th April 2023, 12:49   #238  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
To me this looks like a prime example of Newer not always being better...

If you do not care for 32-bit builds which work under WinXP I recommend the 64-bit builds by Shertya. The latest builds are from December 2022, get them here:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...33#post1928433

Scroll down to the lower third of the page to find the links. Download both the 64-bit versions of ffmpeg and libfdk.

On my Win7 computer this combination works perfectly.
Thanx for the suggestions. I too remember that in previous versions this used to work (old installation not existing anymore, so I canīt look up how I did it in the past...).

Unfortunately, trying your linked compiles did not resolve the issue on my side.

I tried:

- enabling FDKAAC in the ini file.
- adding "-profile:a aac_he_v2" in the encode tab - or the settings "out" tab - or both....
- using the bundled ffmpeg that came with the latest windows version of dmmencoder (downloaded a few days ago).
- swapping it for several different compiles from your list, browsed the net for alterantives...

resulting in:

- FDK is being used - and as long as I donīt set any further arguments - its being used. AAC-LC working fine in al variants..
- as soon as "-profile:a aac_he_v2" is given - the jobs instantly crash with the same error message (filter not found).

Either I am missing something completely obvious - or something seems broken here.
Old 18th April 2023, 07:48   #239  |  Link
manolito

So far I never used AAC-HE, but after you made me curious, I did try my luck. And despite my slightly crippled brain I got it workin on my first try...

I used Reinoīs latest 32 bit version, but I think it should work on other 64-bit versions.
(EDIT: Tested with the latest Shertya 64-bit version, works fine)
Here is what you need to do:

You already did enable FDKAAC in the INI file.

"-profile:a aac_he_v2" needs to be added under the "More" button at the lower right of the dmMediaEncodee main window.
Under the "Other OUT" tab the command "-profile:a aac_he_v2" needs to be added (without the quotes).

Do not enter the identical command into the "More" field under "Stream Settings" in the main window.

This worked for me without any issues for several files. I used "Bitrate" as well as "Constant Quality" modes, no problems whatsoever.

Good luck
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 18th April 2023 at 13:24.
Old 19th April 2023, 18:42   #240  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx...

Thats exactly what I did before...

I get the same error messages like the ones in this post:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...31#post1985831

as soon as I do NOT set AAC-HE-V2 - its all fine..... FDK AAC LC is working ...

What version of DMM are u using? The latest one or yn older one or your modified "XP Build" ?

Tags
ffmpeg, frontend, gui, handbrake, linux