Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd July 2019, 16:16   #17021  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNutz View Post
When I click the "x" in the top-right corner to close RipBot264, it hangs. I have to force RipBot to close. Deleting RipBot and re-installed it has had no effect. I've been using RipBot for nearly a decade. It starting doing this last year, if i recall correctly.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, newest version.
I had some issues with that too. Not sure in your exact case as one of the RipBot updates fixed the issue for me.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 01:41   #17022  |  Link
Viper714

Playback Issues on Certain Movies

So lately I have been experiencing playback issue on some of my converted movies. Typically it is with older movies, but every once in a while I get the problem with the new movies as well.
I am going to do my best it trying to describe what is occurring.

Audio Sync Issues:
The problem here is that the audio sync is off. I can change the delay but the sync change throughout the entire movie. So I can't just use one value. The movies that I have this issue are:
  • Chain Reaction
  • XxX
  • A Few Good Men

Pauses
The video stops and starts a different sections throughout the entire video. Audio sync is not affected.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian

Artifacting
I get a banding row affect that is about 1 inch tall (on my 75" TV). Audio Sync is not affected.
  • Aquaman

When I encode I normally have anywhere from three to four computer encoding the movie. Two of the four computers are higher powered so I run to servers on each of the computers. The other two computers as lighter wait so I only run one server on them. My firewalls are off to make sure there are no issues in communicating. I use the CQ Mode with a CRF value of 20. I do not encode the audio from the Bluray, I just do a COPY Stream. IN the AviSynth settings, I leave everyting as default. I do remux the SUBs for subtitles.

I was wondering if there may be an issue on versions of the required programs. So perhaps that is the issue but not sure. Can you please advise what is the best version of the tools that I should install on all my computers?
  • Avisynth_260 or AviSynthPlus -r1576
  • FFDshow 20041012 or FFDshow_rev4532_2010717
  • JavaScript 8 Update 221 (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
  • MatroskaSplitter 23/06/2013

Any help is greatly appreciated. have a great day...

Last edited by Viper714; 23rd July 2019 at 02:07.
Viper714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:32   #17023  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper714 View Post
So lately I have been experiencing playback issue on some of my converted movies. Typically it is with older movies, but every once in a while I get the problem with the new movies as well.
I am going to do my best it trying to describe what is occurring.

Audio Sync Issues:
The problem here is that the audio sync is off. I can change the delay but the sync change throughout the entire movie. So I can't just use one value. The movies that I have this issue are:
  • Chain Reaction
  • XxX
  • A Few Good Men

Pauses
The video stops and starts a different sections throughout the entire video. Audio sync is not affected.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian

Artifacting
I get a banding row affect that is about 1 inch tall (on my 75" TV). Audio Sync is not affected.
  • Aquaman

When I encode I normally have anywhere from three to four computer encoding the movie. Two of the four computers are higher powered so I run to servers on each of the computers. The other two computers as lighter wait so I only run one server on them. My firewalls are off to make sure there are no issues in communicating. I use the CQ Mode with a CRF value of 20. I do not encode the audio from the Bluray, I just do a COPY Stream. IN the AviSynth settings, I leave everyting as default. I do remux the SUBs for subtitles.

I was wondering if there may be an issue on versions of the required programs. So perhaps that is the issue but not sure. Can you please advise what is the best version of the tools that I should install on all my computers?
  • Avisynth_260 or AviSynthPlus -r1576
  • FFDshow 20041012 or FFDshow_rev4532_2010717
  • JavaScript 8 Update 221 (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
  • MatroskaSplitter 23/06/2013

Any help is greatly appreciated. have a great day...
What exact movie release do you have?
Provide links from https://www.blu-ray.com/
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 19:53   #17024  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
What exact movie release do you have?
Provide links from https://www.blu-ray.com/
Atak,
Here is the info all all of the movies. Hope this helps...
Chain Reaction = Link
xXx = Link
A Few Good Men = Link
The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian = Link
Aquaman = Link

As an added note, when I play the blu-ray disc from the computer (PowerDVD) everything works fine. When I play the AnyDvdHD rip with PowerDVD it plays fine. It seems to only happen after encoding...
Old 23rd July 2019, 20:00   #17025  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Artifacting
Can you take a photo of this banding? I'm curious how it looks like...
Old 24th July 2019, 00:35   #17026  |  Link
Manul

Atak,
Having problem starting EncodingServer. The window never appears but the process is present in Process Explorer. Any idea what could be in play? Please let me know if you need any further info. Thank you in advance. Sys info:
RipBot: 1.24.1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763.615 (Win10 RS5 [1809] October 2018 Update)
DirectX: DirectX 12.0
CPU Type:10-Core Intel Core i9-9820X, 4000 MHz (40 x 100)
Motherboard Name: Asus Prime X299-Deluxe II
System Memory: 65212 MB (DDR4 SDRAM) 18-19-19-39 @ 4000 MHz
Video Adapter: TITAN X (Pascal) (12 GB)
Manul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 03:49   #17027  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Can you take a photo of this banding? I'm curious how it looks like...
Atak,
I will do one better. Here is a link to an extract of the video. Please let me know if it works
LINK
You will see that artifacting. You can't miss it. It actually grays the screen out. I re-encoded the file a second time with CRF of 18 and that particular issue moved to a different area of the video. Like within 30 seconds of the issue you now see. There are other issues throughout the video as well...
Old 24th July 2019, 04:03   #17028  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manul View Post
Atak,
Having problem starting EncodingServer. The window never appears but the process is present in Process Explorer. Any idea what could be in play? Please let me know if you need any further info. Thank you in advance.
I had the same problem months ago. Turns out that it was a startup program from my Logitech keyboard / Joysticks, "Logitech Gaming Framework." I disabled it from startup and the encoding server worked fine. Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned an issue with "Void Tools" program called "Everything," a really good file search program that is better than windows search. You might want to try to disable these two programs on startup if you have them and see if it works.
Worse case scenario, disable all the start up programs, restart the computer and see if the encoding server starts. If it does then enable the startup programs in sections until you find the culprit.
Hope that works. It did for me....

Last edited by Viper714; 24th July 2019 at 04:07.
Old 24th July 2019, 04:17   #17029  |  Link
Manul

Quote:
I had the same problem months ago. Turns out that it was a startup program from my Logitech keyboard / Joysticks, "Logitech Gaming Framework." I disabled it from startup and the encoding server worked fine. Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned an issue with "Void Tools" program called "Everything," a really good file search program that is better than windows search. You might want to try to disable these two programs on startup if you have them and see if it works.
Worse case scenario, disable all the start up programs, restart the computer and see if the encoding server starts. If it does then enable the startup programs in sections until you find the culprit.
Hope that works. It did for me....
You are da MAN! The moment I unloaded LGF server has started! Thank you for saving me a lot of time. Atak, any idea why it behaves like this? If it cannot be or not worth fixing it maybe put up some disclaimer? Anyway, thanks again!
Manul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 12:48   #17030  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Atak,
I will do one better. Here is a link to an extract of the video. Please let me know if it works
LINK
You will see that artifacting. You can't miss it. It actually grays the screen out. I re-encoded the file a second time with CRF of 18 and that particular issue moved to a different area of the video. Like within 30 seconds of the issue you now see. There are other issues throughout the video as well...
Will you be able to upload first 10 minutes (source video without audio) for me? You can use mkvtoolnix to split mkv.

It would be also helpful If you could do the same for other movies you mentioned earlier.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:45   #17031  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
You are da MAN! The moment I unloaded LGF server has started! Thank you for saving me a lot of time. Atak, any idea why it behaves like this? If it cannot be or not worth fixing it maybe put up some disclaimer? Anyway, thanks again!
No worries, glad I could help.
Just remember if you want to use the functions of your keyboard, you will have to enable it. I only disable it when I do encoding which is overnight.
Old 24th July 2019, 14:47   #17032  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Will you be able to upload first 10 minutes (source video without audio) for me? You can use mkvtoolnix to split mkv.

It would be also helpful If you could do the same for other movies you mentioned earlier.
Sure I think I can do that. I will post when ready...
Thanks Atak, appreciate the help!
Old 24th July 2019, 16:10   #17033  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Quote:
No worries, glad I could help.
Just remember if you want to use the functions of your keyboard, you will have to enable it. I only disable it when I do encoding which is overnight.
If your hardware is compatible switch to Logitech G Hub: https://origin-gaming.logitech.com/en-us/microsite/ghub

I don't have those issues since switching.
Old 24th July 2019, 16:40   #17034  |  Link
bluebeers

Quote:
You can use mkvtoolnix to split mkv.
is there a free tool that will let me see clips of the video while splitting MKVs?

also... I just did another test on my computer. I removed the 24gb of RAM and just put the original 4gb back. Why is there no difference in the amount of time it takes to encode the same video?

This is the 7-hour version of Godfather the movie that I'm encoding to HEVC x265 to make it much smaller. with 24gb of RAM, my PC takes 11 hours. with just 4gb of RAM, it takes the same 11 hours....
bluebeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2019, 16:52   #17035  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeers View Post
is there a free tool that will let me see clips of the video while splitting MKVs?

also... I just did another test on my computer. I removed the 24gb of RAM and just put the original 4gb back. Why is there no difference in the amount of time it takes to encode the same video?

This is the 7-hour version of Godfather the movie that I'm encoding to HEVC x265 to make it much smaller. with 24gb of RAM, my PC takes 11 hours. with just 4gb of RAM, it takes the same 11 hours....
Who did say that RAM does calculations?
Old 24th July 2019, 18:29   #17036  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeers View Post

You can use avidemux for spiting the file graphically: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html
MKVtoolnix lets you specify the time stamps but if you're aiming for a clip in the middle of a file it isn't as simple

As for RAM, more RAM won't make an encode go faster unless you're running of RAM for the amount you need to send to the CPU...meaning if you're encoding at a rate of 10MB/s (decoder to encoder) as long as the decoder can supply 10MB/s to RAM for the Encoder to process you're fine. Using 24GB of RAM just means your decoder is way ahead of the encoder, so 4GB likely means you are still way ahead.
Unless I'm wrong in how this works and in that case I'm sure Atak will correct me.
Old 24th July 2019, 18:44   #17037  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:

Atak,
I've placed all of the extracted 15 minute video clips without audio (figured I would give a little more just in case) in the same area as the previous video LINK. The Prince Caspian is actuall 33 minutes as the issue mentioned happens around the last 3 minutes of the video. Hope this helps. Please let me know what else you may need...
Thank you
Old 24th July 2019, 18:54   #17038  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
You can use avidemux for spiting the file graphically: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html
MKVtoolnix lets you specify the time stamps but if you're aiming for a clip in the middle of a file it isn't as simple

As for RAM, more RAM won't make an encode go faster unless you're running of RAM for the amount you need to send to the CPU...meaning if you're encoding at a rate of 10MB/s (decoder to encoder) as long as the decoder can supply 10MB/s to RAM for the Encoder to process you're fine. Using 24GB of RAM just means your decoder is way ahead of the encoder, so 4GB likely means you are still way ahead.
Unless I'm wrong in how this works and in that case I'm sure Atak will correct me.
I agree with Byteshare.
The amount of RAM does not change the speed of encoding. It is more CPU power. If you want to go faster then you need to use more PCs with Distributed Encoding.
I have four PCs and I can encode a 2 hour movie in about 30 - 45 minutes. It would be faster if two of my four PCs where higher CPU powered, but it is what you can afford as well.
Distributed Encoding is AWESOME!!!
Old 24th July 2019, 20:12   #17039  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Atak,
I've placed all of the extracted 15 minute video clips without audio (figured I would give a little more just in case) in the same area as the previous video LINK. The Prince Caspian is actuall 33 minutes as the issue mentioned happens around the last 3 minutes of the video. Hope this helps. Please let me know what else you may need...
Thank you
But you have sent me RE-ENCODED files! I asked for original files which are normally saved in jobx folder (video.mkv) by EncodingClient.
Old 24th July 2019, 22:23   #17040  |  Link
Viper714

Quote:
But you have sent me RE-ENCODED files! I asked for original files which are normally saved in jobx folder (video.mkv) by EncodingClient.
Oh, Okay I misunderstood. The jobx folder in the temp directory right? Will work on it...

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360