Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th March 2011, 14:40   #11601  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
0.37.06 appears to de-interlace European Blu-ray 1080i50 sources to 1080p25 if the "Use Decomb" box is ticked (if one is to believe MediaInfo). If we stick to standards, this should not happen as 1080p25 is not in the BD standard.
While the decomb deinterlacing option will make the picture "progressive" in nature, it should still be flagged as interlaced for compatibility with BD standards via the "--fake-interlaced" encoding option of X264. I'll check it out and make sure it is working correctly.

[Edit] I just checked the code. "--fake-interlaced" is used for all deinterlaced encodes. So either X264 is incorrectly flagging it or your reporting software is incorrect. I would tend to believe the latter.

The only other possibility would be if your original was 1080p25 -- as BD-RB wouldn't change that.

Can you run it again and see if "--fake-interlaced' is used in the command line?

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th March 2011 at 14:50.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 15:25   #11602  |  Link
thegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not currently.
Thanks, but is it something for a future release, or not really?

I guess that is the chance you take when importing BD's LOL.
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 17:32   #11603  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Thanks, but is it something for a future release, or not really?

I guess that is the chance you take when importing BD's LOL.
Maybe. I haven't given it much thought, as it isn't something for which I see a lot of demand.
Old 24th March 2011, 17:53   #11604  |  Link
sonate

Audio sync delay full disc compression "Amarcord"

JDobbs, I posted the inf and log of a compression of "Amarcord" a few days ago where I ended up with an out of sync audio delay of almost 2 seconds. This was the only one affected using the most recent build of your program. All others compressed with that build don't have the problem.

Is there any way I can correct it?
sonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 22:08   #11605  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonate View Post
JDobbs, I posted the inf and log of a compression of "Amarcord" a few days ago where I ended up with an out of sync audio delay of almost 2 seconds. This was the only one affected using the most recent build of your program. All others compressed with that build don't have the problem.

Is there any way I can correct it?
Can you also post your INI file? I'd like to see your settings. Does there appear to be anything peculiar about that disc?
Old 25th March 2011, 15:53   #11606  |  Link
colinhunt

Another "ReencodeAudio() 00075 1801" error, this time on Charles Ferguson's Inside Job. VID_00022 (1,00 MB) has one LPCM audio track which whacks the audio re-encoding module upside the head.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 15:57   #11607  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
The only other possibility would be if your original was 1080p25 -- as BD-RB wouldn't change that.
I checked, it's not. 1080p25 Blu-rays don't exist, AFAIK. Or did you mean 1080p25 fake-interlaced as 1080i50 on disc?

Quote:
Can you run it again and see if "--fake-interlaced' is used in the command line?
Will do!

[Edit] Yes, it is:

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Desktop\video_tools\BD_Rebuilder - Copy\tools\x264.exe" "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --preset slow --ref 4 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid strict --weightp 1 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 24104 --level 4.1 --qpfile "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 30000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 35000 --fake-interlaced --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --tune film --stats "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL

I'll burn the output to BD-RE to see how stand-alones react to it.

Last edited by colinhunt; 25th March 2011 at 16:08.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:26   #11608  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Another "ReencodeAudio() 00075 1801" error, this time on Charles Ferguson's Inside Job. VID_00022 (1,00 MB) has one LPCM audio track which whacks the audio re-encoding module upside the head.
That's a file access error. Either the file has disappeared, it is corrupt, or you don't have privileges to access it. Make sure the path to your working folder is legal. The error is most likely happening when attempting to create the .BAT file that does the actual audio encoding.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:30   #11609  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I checked, it's not. 1080p25 Blu-rays don't exist, AFAIK. Or did you mean 1080p25 fake-interlaced as 1080i50 on disc?

Will do!

[Edit] Yes, it is:

C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx\Desktop\video_tools\BD_Rebuilder - Copy\tools\x264.exe" "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --preset slow --ref 4 --b-adapt 1 --b-pyramid strict --weightp 1 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 24104 --level 4.1 --qpfile "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 30000 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 35000 --fake-interlaced --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --tune film --stats "F:\BDRB_OUTPUT2\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output NUL

I'll burn the output to BD-RE to see how stand-alones react to it.
Then the file is completely legal. I'm guessing Mediainfo is not looking at the proper flags that are set by "--fake-interlaced". The only other possiblity is if that option stopped working in X264 and that's an extremely low probability.
Old 25th March 2011, 17:54   #11610  |  Link
A.Fenderson

manual audio track choices being changed while on stream tab

I'm trying to back up Fight Club to BD25, and I'm doing a little tweaking to the audio selections, which are being changed by merely collapsing/expanding other selections in the stream tab.

My relevant(?) audio options in setup are thus:
Audio Languages to keep: English (eng).
Limit to one track for each language: NOT checked.
Do not convert DTS to AC3 is CHECKED.
Do not reencode AC3 is CHECKED.
Use 448/192 Kbps are both NOT checked.
Keep HD audio for BD25 is CHECKED.

The only real change I ended up making was to the main movie m2ts, and I chose to drop the AC3 version of the standard (non-commentary) audio track completely, in that it's utterly superfluous, since the DTS HD MA track contains a DTS core, which all players are mandated to decode. I manually deselected this track, then continued on to expand and sometimes recollapse the audio and video track trees for each of the many m2ts files below, checking for additional superfluous tracks (I gave up, this BD is a mess). Once I scrolled back up to review, my manual deselection had been overriden and the primary ac3 track was again set to be included in the rebuild.

To test, I manually deselected it again, scrolled to the very last m2ts, collapsed and reexpanded everything therein, and scrolled back up, and the track had been selected for inclusion again.

I didn't enter into the setup menu at all during the above process (as I know this can change selections/deselections) but after all this, I did close BD-RB and reopen it, then attempt to reproduce the problem, and now it isn't happening, so it's not consistent.

EDIT:

OK, I just figured it out, after typing up that huge mess.
Any time you have a stream highlighted, if you double-click in the white-space of the stream tab, most anywhere (but not quite everywhere) that doesn't trigger any other UI component, it will toggle selection for the highlighted stream, even if you've scrolled well beyond it and can't see it. This behavior is consistent, but some whitespaces trigger it while others don't.

Last edited by A.Fenderson; 25th March 2011 at 18:01.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 18:11   #11611  |  Link
jdobbs

@A.Fenderson

One thing to watch is streams that are linked as parts of an overall playlist (marked with asterisks). If you deselect or select audio on any of the linked streams it will change it for all of them.
Old 25th March 2011, 18:29   #11612  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Then the file is completely legal. I'm guessing Mediainfo is not looking at the proper flags that are set by "--fake-interlaced". ....
That would be new. In all my --fake-interlaced encodes MediaInfo did report it accordingly.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 18:35   #11613  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
That would be new. In all my --fake-interlaced encodes MediaInfo did report it accordingly.
Well, you're showing me the command line... so obviously it isn't doing so now.
Old 25th March 2011, 18:42   #11614  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
BD_Rebuilder was changed recently to disable sleep mode while it was running. I believe it remains disabled even after the rebuild(s) is/are complete. Is it possible to re-enable it afterward?
Any response?
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:15   #11615  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
Any response?
It is supposed to already be reenabled afterward. I'll look at the code to be sure it is doing so.

Also please review the first post of this thread which says:
Quote:
If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time.
[Edit] I just checked, and it is doing the settings appropriately. Sleep is enabled -- but because of the way the microsoft interface works, the clock starts over at the point the encode is complete. So, for example, if you have the sleep timer set for 1 hour -- the system will go to sleep one hour after the encode is completed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 25th March 2011 at 19:23.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:27   #11616  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Well, you're showing me the command line... so obviously it isn't doing so now.
Sharc's not me

Anyhoo, with "Use Decomb" box unticked, the UK 1080i50 source came out as 1080/25 MBAFF, says Mediainfo.

[Edit] Burned the fake-interlaced version on disc. It seems to be playing fine on stand-alones. Which is nice.

Last edited by colinhunt; 25th March 2011 at 19:30.
Old 25th March 2011, 19:28   #11617  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
That's a file access error. Either the file has disappeared, it is corrupt, or you don't have privileges to access it. Make sure the path to your working folder is legal. The error is most likely happening when attempting to create the .BAT file that does the actual audio encoding.
This is quite baffling. The file has not disappeared, it's not corrupt and all file/folder access privileges appear to be OK. Hmm.
Old 25th March 2011, 20:08   #11618  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Sharc's not me

Anyhoo, with "Use Decomb" box unticked, the UK 1080i50 source came out as 1080/25 MBAFF, says Mediainfo.

[Edit] Burned the fake-interlaced version on disc. It seems to be playing fine on stand-alones. Which is nice.
Whoops. Should have looked closer...
Old 25th March 2011, 20:34   #11619  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Sharc's not me

Sorry to have caused confusion by interfering.
I just double checked a former --fake-interlaced encode with latest MediaInfo. It reports it correctly as "interlaced=fake"....
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 01:13   #11620  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
@A.Fenderson

One thing to watch is streams that are linked as parts of an overall playlist (marked with asterisks). If you deselect or select audio on any of the linked streams it will change it for all of them.
Yep, but this m2ts was the only thing in its playlist. I quickly edited my post instead of replying to myself, and might have caused you to miss where I mentioned I think I found what's causing it: any time a stream is highlighted, and you double-click certain parts of the white-space of the stream tab (most any part that won't trigger any UI components), it toggles the highlighted selection on/off, even if it's off-screen due to scrolling.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote