Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th June 2018, 22:34   #1  |  Link
FlintEastwood

Author 3D Bluray with menus?

How can I make a 3D-Bluray with some basic menus?

I shot some videos with two synchronized Canon-cameras. Now I want to burn this material on a 3D Bluray.
I was able to encode the videos with FRIMencode and mux them with TsMuxer. The result plays fine on a Sony UHP-H1 in 3D.

But it would be nice, if I had a chapter menu with thumbnails.

I tried to run the material through MultiAVCHD, but the dependent stream is always discarded/ignored. I got menus but no 3D.

When looking into BD-structure with BDedit, the TsMuxer set's some ExtensionData to the mpls and clpi movie file.
With MultiAVCHD this data is gone. And I'm not able to copy the ExtensionData from the TsMuxer-result to the MultiAVCHD-structure.

So how can I add menus to a selfmade 3D Bluray?
FlintEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 10:51   #2  |  Link
ccsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintEastwood View Post
How can I make a 3D-Bluray with some basic menus?

I shot some videos with two synchronized Canon-cameras. Now I want to burn this material on a 3D Bluray.
I was able to encode the videos with FRIMencode and mux them with TsMuxer. The result plays fine on a Sony UHP-H1 in 3D.

But it would be nice, if I had a chapter menu with thumbnails.

I tried to run the material through MultiAVCHD, but the dependent stream is always discarded/ignored. I got menus but no 3D.

When looking into BD-structure with BDedit, the TsMuxer set's some ExtensionData to the mpls and clpi movie file.
With MultiAVCHD this data is gone. And I'm not able to copy the ExtensionData from the TsMuxer-result to the MultiAVCHD-structure.

So how can I add menus to a selfmade 3D Bluray?
I think you can try this, try my GUIDE in this forum, just try to make a "normal" Blu-ray with Adobe Encore and try some trickery with tsMuxeR
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 22:19   #3  |  Link
gonca

Try looking at BDRB, it might do what you want
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2018, 17:47   #4  |  Link
FlintEastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Try looking at BDRB, it might do what you want
You are talking about BD-Rebuilder, right?
Well it can do a very basic quick-menu, but menus in MultiAVCHD are really better.

I'm diving into BDedit, these days. Allready read through that 47-pages-thread of BDedit. I figured out the commands in the MovieObjects.
But I'm still missing, how button actions are performed and where I can find them.
So if somebody could help me in this?
Is the developer of BDedit still here?
Well, maybe I should post this in the BDedt thread.

Last edited by FlintEastwood; 29th June 2018 at 19:27.
FlintEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote