Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 12th October 2010, 09:40   #1  |  Link
Obituary

Need some Help please

Hi all i am very new to these forums an was just after some help please.

i am trying to back up a few of my dvd's and convert them to AVI. I am using dvd decrypter an autogk.

But the problem i keep getting is when i try to back up my dvd i get lots of PGC files is there anyway to like auto join thm all together or something?

i hope i have explained properly im sorry if i havent all help would be great thanks heaps

And sorry if i posted this in the wrong section
Thanks
Obituary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 14:14   #2  |  Link
manono

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure I understand, but if you're trying to get the movie out of the DVD, and don't care about the other stuff - menus, extras, previews, warnings, etc. - then set up DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode and not the default File Mode which will decrypt the entire DVD.

In addition, if it's a newer movie with newer copy protection, then you don't use DVD Decrypter but DVDFab HD Decrypter.

If you really do want to join together a bunch of different titles, then number their VOBs consecutively (but you're opening yourself to audio synch problems by doing that). If you're saying the movie consists of a bunch of different VOB files, either open the first in AutoGK and the rest get picked up automatically, or open the IFO instead (and especially if you want subtitles).
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 15:16   #3  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Have a look on this sticky too -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=16932
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 19:40   #4  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Try a Google for RipIt4Me. It's not developed anymore but I rarely find a DVD it can't handle. It uses DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink to do the actual work, but RipIt4Me can automate the process and maybe make it easier.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 04:20   #5  |  Link
MilesAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obituary View Post
Hi all i am very new to these forums an was just after some help please.

i am trying to back up a few of my dvd's and convert them to AVI. I am using dvd decrypter an autogk.

But the problem i keep getting is when i try to back up my dvd i get lots of PGC files is there anyway to like auto join thm all together or something?

i hope i have explained properly im sorry if i havent all help would be great thanks heaps

And sorry if i posted this in the wrong section
Thanks
If there is a "main movie" then in AutoGK just select the first vob in the set. It will pull the rest in for that title. If you have an "episodic" dvd like, 5 episodes of a TV show, then it's more problematic.

But I too find RipIt4Me still useful. It has a nice feature to clean up vobs. Some of the newer discs it may choke on but in those cases just copy to your HD using DVDFab Passkey. It's still coming out in beta versions and so is still free.