Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 2nd November 2019, 22:17   #761  |  Link
Groucho2004
Cantankerous Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloware View Post
I saw this, but checked and my Threadripper supports most of the extended instructions listed in the other versions of the dll. I did try the "Release_W7" version and AVSynth Info stopped complaining about libmmd.dll and now can't find svml_dispmd.dll. I have the Visual C Runtime C++ 2015 installed. Are there others I need?

Any W7 version (W7, W7-AVX, W7AVX2) all make the same complaint about there not being a svml_dispmd.dll
svml_dispmd.dll is yet another Intel dependency. Use the file from the Release_XP_SSE2 directory, that should work. You won't notice any difference in speed. Between the 500 versions that jpsdr put in that package there's probably a 1% speed difference.

As for the MS VC runtimes - I highly recommend using a all-in-one installer.
Old 2nd November 2019, 22:36   #762  |  Link
Meloware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Use the file from the Release_XP_SSE2 directory, that should work.
Thanks again! That worked! I never tried it because my machine is at the new end and I presumed the versions for XP were just legacy support.

BTW, the project is to save a collection of EIA-J videos, from the 1970s. I got the ancient Sony machine to run and now need AVISynth to make the results viewable. Thanks again.
Meloware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 00:15   #763  |  Link
Diamenz

hey guys. i'm having a bit of a problem with qtgmc. i'm trying to get as much of an accurate, quality driven result to my source as possible. the problem is that when i add "NoiseProcess=2" (without quotes) to my avs file in avspmod, i get an error in the preview window and of course the encode does not start:

"script error: there is no function named 'fft3dfilter"

this confuses me because i was under the impression that the 'slower' preset uses the 'dfttest' filter as opposed to the lower quality 'fft3dfilter' and it shouldn't even be called upon. here's my qtgmc line:

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", MatchPreset="Slower", MatchPreset2="Slower", SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, TR2=1, NoiseDeint="Generate", Edithreads=4)

i should also mention that i get that same error if i use the 'placebo' preset as opposed to the 'slower' one.

also, how do TR2 and the NoiseProcess=2 settings coincide with each other? should i use them together, or should i use one and not the other if i'm shooting for accuracy?
Diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 00:28   #764  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamenz View Post
this confuses me because i was under the impression that the 'slower' preset uses the 'dfttest' filter as opposed to the lower quality 'fft3dfilter' and it shouldn't even be called upon.
Can you back that up in the documentation? Because it seems to me the FFT3DFilter is used unless you specifically choose to use DFTTest:

Quote:
Denoiser (string) Select denoiser to use for noise bypass / denoising. Select from "dfttest" or "fft3dfilter". dfttest is better, but slower. Unknown value selects "fft3dfilter". Default: fft3dfilter
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Core_Settings
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 00:38   #765  |  Link
Diamenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Can you back that up in the documentation? Because it seems to me the FFT3DFilter is used unless you specifically choose to use DFTTest:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Core_Settings
i went off of what post#5 in this thread told me, here.

Quote:
# Noise presets Slower Slow Medium Fast Faster
Denoiser = default( Denoiser, Select( npNum, "dfttest", "dfttest", "dfttest", "fft3df", "fft3df" ) )
DenoiseMC = default( DenoiseMC, Select( npNum, true, true, false, false, false ) )
NoiseTR = default( NoiseTR, Select( npNum, 2, 1, 1, 1, 0 ) )
NoiseDeint = default( NoiseDeint, Select( npNum, "Generate","Bob", "", "", "" ) )
StabilizeNoise = default( StabilizeNoise, Select( npNum, true, true, true, false, false ) )
^that quote copy/pasted really bad so you're better off going to the post and navigating to the line "# Noise presets" closer to the bottom. it is an old post, but i just went with it because frankly i don't know jack about all of this. i learned what i have from a youtube tutorial and some reading on google.
Old 16th November 2019, 01:20   #766  |  Link
Diamenz

i installed both dfttest filter, along with addgrainc and now get a working preview with:

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", MatchPreset="Slower", MatchPreset2="Slower", SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, TR2=1, Denoiser="dfttest", NoiseProcess=2, NoiseDeint="Generate", Edithreads=4)

but it's very, very dark as if the black levels were crushed to crap.

...i THINK i installed addgrainc correctly - all i did was copy paste the dll, but i wasn't sure what i should do with the avs file included in the zip.

Last edited by Diamenz; 16th November 2019 at 01:23.
Old 16th November 2019, 01:22   #767  |  Link
poisondeathray

@Diamenz -

preset="blah", and noisepreset="blah" are 2 different switches . It's in the documentation

Quote:
Denoiser, DenoiseMC, NoiseTR, NoiseDeint and StabilizeNoise settings are determined by NoisePreset
Add noisepreset="slower", or you can explicitly use Denoiser="dfttest"

You can use showsettings=true, to overlay what settings are being passed

If you have wrong levels, usually it's some mismatch of newer script version and older plugins or vice-versa
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 06:04   #768  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamenz View Post
i installed both dfttest filter, along with addgrainc and now get a working preview with:

QTGMC(Preset="Slower", MatchPreset="Slower", MatchPreset2="Slower", SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, TR2=1, Denoiser="dfttest", NoiseProcess=2, NoiseDeint="Generate", Edithreads=4)

but it's very, very dark as if the black levels were crushed to crap.

...i THINK i installed addgrainc correctly - all i did was copy paste the dll, but i wasn't sure what i should do with the avs file included in the zip.
what avisynth you use? with

Code:
ColorBars(width=640, height=480, pixel_type="yv12")
in avs 2.6 last MT by SEt it crashed with C++ error! but work fine in last avs+

Last edited by real.finder; 16th November 2019 at 06:07.
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 01:57   #769  |  Link
Diamenz

thanks, everyone for ur input. i've decided to just go with the basic settings and not dive too far into the advanced stuff. the 'slower' preset along with source match & lossless r giving me great results.
Old 2nd December 2019, 22:46   #770  |  Link
CMGTQ

Hello, I'm having trouble with the Very Slow and Placebo settings in QTGMC. Whenever I select them, it seems only the chroma channel is processed, luma is not included, whereas with all other settings from Slower and above, it works as intended. Am I missing anything vital in the script or a filter? Thank you.

CMGTQ is offline   Reply With Quote