Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th April 2009, 23:30   #1  |  Link
odin24

Multiple wavs to Blu-ray PCM

I'm trying to save disc space by taking a 7.1 PCM file and make a 5.1 file. I heard SoX can take multiple wavs and make a PCM file. However I'm having a hard time understanding how to go about this.

I am familiar with command line, but trying to read through the readme in confusing. Could someone give an example of how the cmd line should look, or suggest another app that can do this.

Thanks.

EDIT: I already have the multiple wavs.

Last edited by odin24; 17th April 2009 at 23:30. Reason: More info
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 23:48   #2  |  Link
TinTime

I know you already have the individual wavs but if you take a step back to the original 7.1 file you can use eac3to to downmix to 5.1:

eac3to input.pcm output.pcm -down6

I can't remember if the output extension should be pcm or lpcm, and you might have to specify the input pcm details too. It's all in the eac3to help and pretty straightforward though.
TinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 00:06   #3  |  Link
odin24

Holy crap!!! I didn't even think about that. Thanks. I knew about the -down2, I didn't even realize there was a -down6 switch.

Thanks again.
Old 18th April 2009, 15:54   #4  |  Link
sucker

assuming you want to remux with tsmuxer, you have to choose lpcm as output and run it through "pcm2tsmu" (little tool to make a pcm file accepted by tsmuxer)
you could also try eac3to "wav64" output and import that into tsmuxer, you wouldnīt need the pcm2tsmu step, this feature is very new and i didnīt test it so far, so no guarantee there, the 1st method definitely works
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 20:27   #5  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucker View Post
assuming you want to remux with tsmuxer, you have to choose lpcm as output and run it through "pcm2tsmu" (little tool to make a pcm file accepted by tsmuxer)
you could also try eac3to "wav64" output and import that into tsmuxer, you wouldnīt need the pcm2tsmu step, this feature is very new and i didnīt test it so far, so no guarantee there, the 1st method definitely works

Thanks, I'm familiar with pcm2tsmu. I'm all set now.