Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th May 2019, 11:23   #1101  |  Link
SnillorZ

Avisynth Threading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
Why not set the number of threads to 4 (or 8 if your CPU supports hyperthreading)? I don't know if the necessary plugins have 64-bit builds, but using an x64 version of Avisynth+ should help as well.
As per OP, anything 4 or above causes out of memory or VirtualDub to hang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
I'm pretty sure quite a few of the plugins will not be happy with AVISynth x64. Also, I doubt that x64 will provide any speed improvement although, since some of the stability problems are related to memory issues, x64 might provide a little more room.

I think the OP said he had stability problems when he increased threads beyond two.
As John says, the plugins for his script wont load in Avisynth+ x64.

From my own experience having a 64bit application and everything in the chain x64 hasn't provided significant performance gains over running its equivalent x86 app. Admittedly, I've not been attempting something so resource intensive as this though.

@pinterf

Thank you, will take a look at these and see if I can find x64 verisons of the other plugins John's script uses and see if I can get this running and compare to x86 performance.

I've checked that my source files aren't root cause by using the parade example clip from port #1078 to test run John's script and I'm getting same performance. So I must be missing something or have something fundamental in play here, as I get almost the same low fps performance across 2 different machines that have different hardware and OS using the same Avisynth + VirtualDub setups.

Will keep looking and also explore the x64 plugins.

Last edited by SnillorZ; 20th May 2019 at 11:48.
SnillorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 12:10   #1102  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnillorZ View Post
As per OP, anything 4 or above causes out of memory or VirtualDub to hang.
Yep, more threads - more memory is needed, at least in AVS+. Internal frame caches within Avisynth+ and multiple working buffers for external plugins.

You can use the Avsmeter utility to see the increase in memory consumption for Prefetch 2, 3, ... values. Or set SetMemoryMax manually though it cannot count with the extra memory need for external plugins, still worth playing with it.
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 14:57   #1103  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Also (clutching at straws) suggest use DebugView, see if message from dll requiring Avstp is issued (Google "DebugView", from MicroSoft), execute DebugView and run script, view debugview window.
(I cant say what the error message might be, I'm running encode at the moment and so cannot remove dll to test.
[or just check your plugins directory for dll]
I'm guessin' that some of your filters use avstp (for multithreading), and if absent then can cause all kinds of crashes and such.

Same suggestion to stormy1777 if he sees this.

EDIT: I think message issued by some plugin (rgtools maybe) is something like "Avstp.dll missing, dropping down to single threaded".

EDIT: Could also post result of "AvsMeter avsinfo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretindesalpes View Post

From the Avisynth user point of view, an AVSTP-enabled plug-in requires the avstp.dll file to be installed. Put it in the usual AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ directory, or load it manually with LoadPlugin("path\avstp.dll") in your script. The dll is shared between all plug-ins using AVSTP, so keep only one avstp.dll file in your plug-in set. If you're updating from a previous version, make sure that Avisynth will get access only to the latest one.

If a plug-in requiring AVSTP cannot find the dll file, it could crash, emit an error, or fall back gracefully on a single-threaded mode, depending on its design and implementation. There is no mandatory or pre-defined behaviour for such a case.

The number of threads is automatically set to the number of available logical processors. The thread count can also be controlled via an Avisynth function, so multi-threading can be disabled globally if not desired.
Avstp: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164407
Latest version is v1.0.3

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th May 2019 at 15:11.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 17:06   #1104  |  Link
SnillorZ

Avisynth+ threading using AVSTP

@pinterf @StainlessS Thanks chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
You can use the Avsmeter utility to see the increase in memory consumption for Prefetch 2, 3, ... values. Or set SetMemoryMax manually though it cannot count with the extra memory need for external plugins, still worth playing with it.
Thank you for the direction to Groucho's tools, this is very useful and significantly speeds up trail & error testing scripts with the different thread, mem & prefetch options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post

Same suggestion to stormy1777 if he sees this.

EDIT: I think message issued by some plugin (rgtools maybe) is something like "Avstp.dll missing, dropping down to single threaded".

EDIT: Could also post result of "AvsMeter avsinfo".
Ok making some progress here, StainlessS was right, without AVSTP plugin, Sysinternals DebugView reports:

RemoveDirt 0.9
AvstpWrapper: cannot find avstp.dll.Usage restricted to single threading.

AVSMeter AVSinfo (with -c)

Code:
AVSMeter 2.9.1 (x86) - Copyright (c) 2012-2019, Groucho2004

VersionString:              AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2772, MT, i386)
VersionNumber:              2.60
File / Product version:     0.1.0.0 / 0.1.0.0
Interface Version:          5
Multi-threading support:    Yes
Avisynth.dll location:      C:\windows\SysWOW64\avisynth.dll
Avisynth.dll time stamp:    2018-12-20, 12:06:28 (UTC)
PluginDir2_5 (HKLM, x86):   D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins

PluginDir+   (HKLM, x86):   D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins

[CPP 2.6 Plugins (32 Bit)]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\ImageSeq.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\Shibatch.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\TimeStretch.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\VDubFilter.dll  [2018-12-20]

Custom plugin directory :   D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins

[CPP 2.5 Plugins (32 Bit)]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\autolevels.dll  [0.6.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\avstp.dll  [1.0.3.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\deflicker.dll  [0.4.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\FFT3DFilter.dll  [2.1.1.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\Motion_06Dec05B.dll  [2005-12-06]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\mt_masktools.dll  [2.0.32.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\MVTools.dll  [2008-09-11]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirt.dll  [2008-04-01]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirtSSE2.dll  [0.9.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrain.dll  [2005-05-01]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrainS.dll  [2005-05-01]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll  [2005-05-01]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\warpsharp.dll  [2008-04-06]

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\DePan.dll  [2.13.1.3]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\DePanEstimate.dll  [2.10.0.2]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\ffms2.dll  [2016-12-29]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\FredAverage_x86.dll  [0.3.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\GamMac_x86.dll  [1.10.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\mvtools2.dll  [2.7.39.0]

[Scripts (AVSI)]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\FFMS2.avsi  [2015-05-22]

[Uncategorized files]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\03_RemoveDirtMC.avs  [2010-06-29]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\ffms2.lib  [2016-12-29]
So this is getting me up to 2 - 2.3fps avg woo

I'm still progressing to try and test x64 Avisynth / VDub / plugins:

I've found x64 versions or alternatives that can be used with a modified JohnM script. Just left with 3 to find/swap out:

autolevels.dll

Deflicker.dll

warpsharp.dll - for which I've found AWarpSharp2 but this doesn't contain the unsharpmask function from John's script and I'm not sure what its equivalent is.

Anyway must go and do some paid work for a bit

Last edited by SnillorZ; 20th May 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Billy Fat Fingers can't typo too gud.
Old 21st May 2019, 05:19   #1105  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Firstly, I have not found x64 version of these either.

autolevels.dll
Deflicker.dll
warpsharp.dll

I'll post this first.
Code:
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\autolevels.dll  [0.6.0.0]                 # I've got source for this, maybe I'll give it a go for x64.
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\deflicker.dll  [0.4.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\FFT3DFilter.dll  [2.1.1.0]                # I have v2.6 dll, fft3dfilter_x86_2_4_0_0.dll (maybe check latest fftw3.dll and libfftw3f-3.dll too, for SysWOW64)
                                                                   # Does not seem to be used by Fred script
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\Motion_06Dec05B.dll  [2005-12-06]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\mt_masktools.dll  [2.0.32.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\MVTools.dll  [2008-09-11]

# Remove one of these
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirt.dll  [2008-04-01]              #   This is the one in Fred zip (but is slower) [EDIT:  Requires MSVCR71.dll runtime in SysWOW64]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirtSSE2.dll  [0.9.0.0]             #   This is faster SSE2                         [EDIT:  Requires MSVCR71.dll runtime in SysWOW64]
                                                                   # Missing RemoveDirtS.dll from fred sourcecode/removedirt/removedirt does NOT req (VS2003) MSVCR71.dll runtime in SysWOW64
                                                                   #   But is from 2005.

# Remove Two of these ( *** WARNING Will Robinson ***, Version from Fred script is 1st Oct 2006 - and requires MSVCR71.dll runtime in SysWOW64)
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrain.dll  [2005-05-01]             #  Standard compile [EDIT: Probably requires either (Vs2002)MSVCR70.dll or MSVCR71.dll]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrainS.dll  [2005-05-01]            #  S version static linked, dont need runtime
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll  [2005-05-01]         #  SSE2, faster

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\warpsharp.dll  [2008-04-06]               # Oops, mine seem to be from 2003
MsVCR70.dll and MsVCR71.dll:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nt-in-visual-c
[Groucho2004 will probably get a kick out of reading above link again ]

Here overrides anything above.

Suggest remove all from Plugins directory, EXCEPT

Code:
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\ImageSeq.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\Shibatch.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\TimeStretch.dll  [2018-12-20]
D:\VideoTools\AvisynthRepository\AVSPLUS_x86\plugins\VDubFilter.dll  [2018-12-20]

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\ffms2.dll  [2016-12-29]

[Scripts (AVSI)]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\FFMS2.avsi  [2015-05-22]       # Optional
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\ is your general (non fred) plugins directory.

Follow Freds instructions to install (Into suggested directories), eg
Code:
D:\Fred_Restore\
     helpfiles\
     scripts\
     sourcecode\
Something like above.

Might need to install install MSVCR71.dll to SysWOW64.

If MSVCR71.dll NOT in SysWOW64, then can find it here(also MSVCR70.dll):- http://www.mediafire.com/file/1220u8...times.rar/file

Dependency Walker 2.2(to check if dll needs runtimes):- http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Also can copy/move fftw3.dll to SysWOW64 (for Depan use). [should not then need to be in the script directory, thats where most people put it].

Then suggest go though ALL scripts and where any current relative directory mentioned, prepend with ".\", and Also maybe change path separator slash "/" to "\" (for no real reason)
eg, Loadplugin("plugins/Depan.dll") to
Code:
Loadplugin(".\plugins\Depan.dll")

# and

Import(".\plugins\03_RemoveDirtMC.avs")
I've found that Windows 7 seems to have screwed up relative paths somehow and so now avoid by prepending literal current directory relative ".\" thingy.

If you dont keep Fred Plugs (which are old versions) separate from daily use plugins, you will just have problems some other time.
(would be best if scripts fixed up to be working with current plugs, probably be good to get rid of old mvtools).

Gorra get some shuteye, let us know what happens

ta-ta.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st May 2019 at 05:48.
Old 21st May 2019, 08:39   #1106  |  Link
pinterf

1.) Probably these RemoveDirt dlls can be deleted as well

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirt.dll [2008-04-01]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\RemoveDirtSSE2.dll [0.9.0.0]

RemoveDirt_MC uses only RestoreMotionBlocks from this plugin.
I replaced them with RemoveDirt 0.9.2 version

2.) RemoveGrain.DLL, RemoveGrainS.DLL, RemoveGrainSSE.DLL:
All these can possibly be replaced by v0.97 RgTools

3.) Then I'm using masktools2 instead of 2.0.0.32 mt_masktools

4.) MvTools2 instead of 2008 version of mvtools

Note:
do not keep DLLs containing similarly named plugin functions in one autoloaded directory neither load them all manually. Collision happens. E.g. when multiple DLLs containing "clense" are loaded, referencing "Clense" would call either the 15 year old version or the one from the latest SSE2 or AVX2 capable version.

Some of these newer DLLs are using not only SSE2 but SSE4.1 and AVX2 instructions which can give you further speed up when your processor is capable for that. When you bought your machine in the last 5 years, probably that is the case.
Old 21st May 2019, 10:23   #1107  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
AVSMeter AVSinfo (with -c)
@StainlessS
Please note that SnillorZ's "D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins" is not an auto-load directory so none of the functions from DLLs in that directory are added to the function pool during auto-load.

Apart from that - everything that pinterf wrote in the previous post is good advice.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:43   #1108  |  Link
SnillorZ

@StainlessS @pinterf @Groucho2004 thank you all.

Yes this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
@StainlessS
Please note that SnillorZ's "D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins" is not an auto-load directory so none of the functions from DLLs in that directory are added to the function pool during auto-load.
I was going to ask StainlessS about his advise:- to check from his experience was Avisynth that sensitive to exact locations of plugins that it could effect performance? Understand from Groucho's comment that SS was referring to auto loading plugins.

Sorry, so to clarify, for all 3 scripts I'm testing they all load the plugins required explicitly - hence using a common "avsplugins" directory with plugins with different versions and runtime requirements etc. I just started working this way as I found it easier to work out which script required what, which plugins caused the scripts to bomb, dll dependencies (thanks Stainless, I'd picked up a recommendation for DepWalker, I think from one of your much earlier posts).

So for VideoFred2012 Script, JohnMeyer2012 (MT) Script and John Meyer2017 (Avisynth+ Gamac) script am loading each plugin explicitly and using the corresponding version of Avisynth (using Groucho's SetAVS)

Also to clarify, the VideoFred2012 script works ok and at a speed that as I understand it could not be improved upon without MT which some of the plugins it uses are not supported.

However I'm preferring the results given by the modifications made in John Meyers scripts - Just checking I have everything set in my environment to get the best performance I can before forging ahead into 3000+ foots worth of footage and finding at a later point in time I could have saved myself a ton of time with a few simple changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
1.)RemoveDirt_MC uses only RestoreMotionBlocks from this plugin.
I replaced them with RemoveDirt 0.9.2 version
2.) RemoveGrain.DLL, RemoveGrainS.DLL, RemoveGrainSSE.DLL:
All these can possibly be replaced by v0.97 RgTools
3.) Then I'm using masktools2 instead of 2.0.0.32 mt_masktools
4.) MvTools2 instead of 2008 version of mvtools
Yes, thank you @pinterf I had already delved into your GitHub to pick up all these:- to get x64 bit replacements/swap outs to those x86 plugins used in johnmeyer 2017 script to test a x64 plugins/Avisynth+ version. Still missing replacements for autolevels.dll & deflicker.dll and what function for AWarpSharp2 would replace the unsharpmask function of warpsharp.dll.

Doh! I'd not thought of trying swapping out for some of the newer x86 plugins to test for performance increases in the original JM2017 script - I'd focused in on trying to get running in 64bit.
So will try those also and report back.

Hope you managed to get some beauty sleep StainlessS.

Toodle-Pip.
Old 21st May 2019, 11:55   #1109  |  Link
ChaosKing

Maybe someone could just port Unsharpmask from warpsharp as a script? Myrsloik did a port for VS https://github.com/myrsloik/WarpShar...ter/wss.py#L28
Old 21st May 2019, 12:21   #1110  |  Link
pinterf

And probably I can take care of deflicker and autolevels if they are really used so worth doing it.
Old 21st May 2019, 14:09   #1111  |  Link
SnillorZ

Quote:
Doh! I'd not thought of trying swapping out for some of the newer x86 plugins to test for performance increases in the original JM2017 script - I'd focused in on trying to get running in 64bit.

So will try those also and report back.
........so modifying the script to use the following newer or replacement plugins with the JM2017 script and Avisynth+ x86 decreases performance further (although not by much, though they perhaps improve on quality?)

AVSMeter 2.9.1 (x86) - Copyright (c) 2012-2019, Groucho2004

VersionString: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2772, MT, i386)
VersionNumber: 2.60
File / Product version: 0.1.0.0 / 0.1.0.0
Interface Version: 5
Multi-threading support: Yes
Avisynth.dll location: C:\windows\SysWOW64\avisynth.dll
Avisynth.dll time stamp: 2018-12-20, 12:06:28 (UTC)
Custom plugin directory : D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\autolevels.dll [0.6.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\avstp.dll [1.0.3.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\deflicker.dll [0.4.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\warpsharp.dll [2008-04-06]

D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\DePan.dll [2.13.1.4]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\DePanEstimate.dll [2.10.0.3]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\fft3dfilter.dll [2.6.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\FredAverage_x86.dll [0.3.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\GamMac_x86.dll [1.10.0.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\masktools2.dll [2.2.18.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\mvtools2.dll [2.7.41.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\RemoveDirt.dll [0.9.2.0]
D:\VideoTools\AVSplugins\x86\RgTools.dll [0.97.0.0]
Old 21st May 2019, 14:25   #1112  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
@StainlessS
OK, thanks, I thought both were autoload, I dont much bother reading manuals or instructions
(I usually point both at same dir, and I dont like putting Avisynth supplied dll's in same dir as others, could cross pollinate dll's when duplicating dll sets to another ver$ avs plugins).

I thought that old version dll's would prompt for futher advice on replace with recent, I expected further posts on that (but thought might be reason for fred/john using old versions).

These are the avs specific dll's that I copy to system32/SysWOW64
Code:
AvsRecursion.dll
fftw3.dll              # same as below file, name edited only
libfftw3f-3.dll
libsndfile-1.dll
Note also, that the fftw3.dll has probably been updated MANY times since fred supplied, see:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174470

Pinterf, let me take a crack at AutoLevels x64, it uses DDigit for metrics which has been updated a few times since AutoLevels source supplied version,
If I get into trouble, I'll holla.

Oodles and Oodles of Toodles

EDIT: I would probably not be ambitious enouigh yet to attempt avs+ colorspaces for AutoLevels, but let me do standard v2.6 version, and if you wish to add avs+ colorspace stuff then
you can do mod on that.

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st May 2019 at 14:44.
Old 21st May 2019, 14:56   #1113  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Pinterf, let me take a crack at AutoLevels x64, it uses DDigit for metrics which has been updated a few times since AutoLevels source supplied version,
If I get into trouble, I'll holla.

Oodles and Oodles of Toodles

EDIT: I would probably not be ambitious enouigh yet to attempt avs+ colorspaces for AutoLevels, but let me do standard v2.6 version, and if you wish to add avs+ colorspace stuff then
you can do mod on that.
Good news, you won the project
Old 21st May 2019, 15:04   #1114  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
........so modifying the script to use the following newer or replacement plugins with the JM2017 script and Avisynth+ x86 decreases performance further (although not by much, though they perhaps improve on quality?)
I'm really interested in which replacement is causing you the bottleneck. And what script options are you using (stabilization, autolevels, etc..), degrain on/off?
Old 21st May 2019, 16:16   #1115  |  Link
SnillorZ

@pinterf

Sorry, trying to follow multiple suggestions as methodically as I can without ending up with retrograde steps,

so please hold the line caller.

To clarify though all tests as per @johnmeyer suggestion Result4/Comparison4 - So no Autolevels or Colour Corrections. Just DirtRemoval, RemoveGrain, Stabalize, etc

Quote:
These are the avs specific dll's that I copy to system32/SysWOW64
Code:
AvsRecursion.dll
fftw3.dll              # same as below file, name edited only
libfftw3f-3.dll
libsndfile-1.dll
Note also, that the fftw3.dll has probably been updated MANY times since fred supplied
I'd overlooked the AVS sys32/wow64 required .dll's - I've updated fftw3/libfftw3f-3 to 02/05/2018 version linked by Goucho in the thread you show.

No performance improvement though.

However, in light of this I've gone back to testing some amendments to JohnMeyer2012 script (using AVS2.6MT) and managed to get 4+fps. Using same "script relevant" plugins as post #1111 - with the exception of RgTools.dll [0.97.0.0] which seems to cause a crash with 2.6MT? Encouraging uptick though.

Last edited by SnillorZ; 21st May 2019 at 16:41.
Old 21st May 2019, 16:34   #1116  |  Link
SnillorZ

@videoFred, @johnmeyer, @StainlessS, @pinterf, @Groucho2004

Just wanted to say that in 20+ years of using forums (for both profession & personally) I've rarely come across a more welcoming and helpful bunch of members.

In fact, sadly more often than not, the experience is the complete opposite and once you admit to being a noob and lurking around a thread and then dain to ask a question, find yourself be chased down the road by the flaming torches & pitchforks wielding mob.

Anyway, just wanted to make that point. If any of you found yourself in my part of the world (English Lake District) would happily buy you a beer

Cheers

P.S. If you see my boss, you've not seen me. If you see my wife, tell her cant come away from the computer just yet as "I've found someone who's wrong on the Internet"
Old 21st May 2019, 17:02   #1117  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
chased down the road by the flaming torches & pitchforks wielding mob.
Still plenty of time for that, dont rush us.

Bout 35 years ago, was half way between between Newcastle and Carlisle (English Lake District), stopped at pub in middle of nowhere and went in for a beer.
Manager told me that I should have been there the day before.
Why, I asked.
Because, they heard a terrlible loud noise in back garden (pretty much nothing [EDIT: except Kielder Forest of course] for 40/50/60 miles up to Scotland, big garden),
and looking out of window saw a helicopter landing there. Out jumped Prince Charles and a handfull of bodyguards/lackies.
Somebody wanted a piss, so they stopped for a rest period, and a pint.
Nice to know that the other half have to piss as well, I thought that they just 'glistened', rather a lot.

EDIT: Lovely day here in The Big Smoke, wish I could escape from this pub and go start on AutoLevels x64 mod.

Last edited by StainlessS; 21st May 2019 at 17:55.
Old 21st May 2019, 17:19   #1118  |  Link
SnillorZ

@StainlessS

I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd said Charlie and T'other off-comers in their big metal bird had been chased off.

Some places up here still like "Deliverance" country and you have to be careful where one puts one's banjo.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:20   #1119  |  Link
SnillorZ

johnmeyer 2017 script - Result use workflow

@johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
............Third, you should turn do your initial work with GamMac turned off (if you are using my latest script) and only do the basic dirt/motion/grain enhancements by specifying option "4". GamMac will slow things down a bit.
Please can I revisit your advise above, whilst still testing performance tweaks?

Can I clarify, after doing a R4 processing with your script, are you saying then run the result (VirtualDub>Save As>Uncompressed avi) through a script process using R1/2/3 (as preferred)?

Using same script i.e. letting Stabilise/Denoise/Sharpening process again?

or use a modified version to comment out some of these (I note your comment GamMac introduces some flicker)

Old 21st May 2019, 18:25   #1120  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
...with the exception of RgTools.dll [0.97.0.0] which seems to cause a crash with 2.6MT?
Could you please try it with 0.97 again, this time specifying ", align = true" additional parameter for the Crop line?