Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 25th December 2016, 00:06   #3001  |  Link
Danette

mscomctl.ocx

I’ve installed version 2.8.5 on my win 7 64-bit machine. Every attempt to open it results in the warning that mscomctl.ocx is not present or correctly registered. It is definitely present and seems to be registered correctly. I have also installed the visual basic 6.0 runtime libraries. Nothing works. Any ideas?
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 02:12   #3002  |  Link
manolito

Could be an older version of mscomctl.ocx which was not unregistered. I found some posts at VideoHelp about this problem:

Quote:
I moved the file MSCOMCTL.OCX to the Windows/system32 directory and that solved the problem.
Or this post:
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...=1#post1949036

Good Luck
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 16:12   #3003  |  Link
Mister XY

I have a small problem with videos in x265 format and chapters. AVS2DVD did not take the chapters from this video source. Under "view source title info" i see the chapter but the chapters did not take this chapters. If i have a x264 source, the chapters are correct.
I have tested it also with a self encodet x265 File. I have encode it in to x265 and also into x264. with x264 i have chapters and with x265 not. Strange

Last edited by Mister XY; 25th December 2016 at 18:29.
Mister XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 16:46   #3004  |  Link
Danette

mscomctl.ocx

Nothing works:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Could be an older version of mscomctl.ocx which was not unregistered.
It is the most recent version (6.1.97.9786)

2) Although I did register the MSCOMCTL.OCX previously, I did so again after your suggestion.

3) Also tried moving the file from the sysWOW64 folder to the System 32 folder, but it is not possible, since the file exists in the sysWOW64 folder, Windows does not allow it to exist in the System 32 folder. As an example, when I move the file from the sysWOW64 folder to the desktop (and it then no longer exists in the sysWOW64 folder) and then try moving it to the System 32 folder, it automatically appears in the sysWOW64 folder and not the System 32 folder.

I’m beginning to wonder if recent Microsoft updates have rendered AVSTODVD useless, as I used a previous version successfully a year ago.
Old 25th December 2016, 17:47   #3005  |  Link
manolito

OK, I checked my notebook with Win7-64bit. Latest updates are installed.

I have mscomctl.ocx in my AVStoDVD\Lib folder and in my SysWow64 folder. It is not present in my System32 folder.

The version in the A2D\Lib folder is 6.1.98.34, the version in SysWow64 is 6.1.98.46.

The newer version from the SysWow64 folder is registered, and AVStoDVD 2.85 happily works with this version.

Your version 6.1.97.9786 is hopelessly outdated. I would recommend to unregister all versions first with the "regsvr32 /u" command. Then copy a newer version (the one from the Lib folder) into your SysWow64 folder and register it.

Cheers
manolito
Old 26th December 2016, 12:11   #3006  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@manolito

thanks for the test, comma bug report and for the updated german translation. Good Xmas gifts indeed!
1.0427 is correct for 24->25 conversion
1.0417 is correct for 23.976 -> 25 conversion
probably noticeable only on very long tracks. Anyway I will fix it.

@Danette

definitively follow manolito's suggestion

@MisterXY

do you have the possibility to update the x265 file anywhere?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 26th December 2016 at 12:26.
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 14:35   #3007  |  Link
Mister XY

@MrC did you mean that i must change my x265 files to x264 files? I got a workaround from user manolito but this is a little bit tricky. But can you also test x265 files with chapters?
Old 26th December 2016, 15:12   #3008  |  Link
Danette

MSCOMCTL.OCX - Newer Version

Quote:
Your version 6.1.97.9786 is hopelessly outdated. I would recommend to unregister all versions first with the "regsvr32 /u" command. Then copy a newer version (the one from the Lib folder) into your SysWow64 folder and register it
Thank you.

I had tried that but the installer did not install the MSCOMCTL.OCX file into the AVSTODVD Lib folder (I tried reinstalling several times), nor did it replace the old version in the SysWOW64 folder. I solved it by deleting the older MSCOMCTL.OCX file in SysWOW64 and then uninstalled and reinstalled AVSTODVD, which placed the newer MSCOMCTL.OCX file into both the SysWOW64 and AVSTODVD folders.

AVSTODVD works fine now.
Old 26th December 2016, 15:51   #3009  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
1.0427 is correct for 24->25 conversion
1.0417 is correct for 23.976 -> 25 conversion
Are you sure?
I believe it is the other way around:
1.0417 is correct for 24->25 conversion
1.0427 is correct for 23.976 -> 25 conversion

But then again my math capabilities are limited, am I making a complete fool out of myself?

Whatever, a Happy New Year to everyone...
manolito
Old 26th December 2016, 16:33   #3010  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
1.0417 is correct for 24->25 conversion
1.0427 is correct for 23.976 -> 25 conversion
100% correct

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 26th December 2016, 23:08   #3011  |  Link
Danette

Custom Avs Script

In the spirit of an all-in-one approach to creating a DVD compliant video (in my case, from an MKV with an m2v stream), is it possible to add custom Avs script within AVStoDVD, such as can be done in software such as MeGUI for MP4? I know I can create a separate Avs output in an AVI and then run it through AVStoDVD, but then that’s an added step.
Old 27th December 2016, 10:17   #3012  |  Link
Mister XY

@MrC did you mean that i must change my x265 files to x264 files? I got a workaround from user manolito but this is a little bit tricky. But can you also test x265 files with chapters?
Old 27th December 2016, 13:26   #3013  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danette View Post
In the spirit of an all-in-one approach to creating a DVD compliant video (in my case, from an MKV with an m2v stream), is it possible to add custom Avs script within AVStoDVD, such as can be done in software such as MeGUI for MP4? I know I can create a separate Avs output in an AVI and then run it through AVStoDVD, but then that’s an added step.
Since AVStoDVD creates an individual input AVS script for every input file (without using a template which a user could modify) I do not see a way to add your custom AVS script without an additional step.

As I see it you can do it in two different ways:
1. Use an AVS script as your input for AVStoDVD. The script might look like this:
Code:
{My Source Filter}("{Full Path to the Input File}")
Crop(0,0, -Width % 4,-Height % 4)
ConvertToYV12()
{My custom Filter #1}
{My custom Filter #2}
{My custom Filter #3}
But you will have to edit the script for each different input file and enter the input filespec.

2. Create a template of your custom filters like this:
Code:
{My custom Filter #1}
{My custom Filter #2}
{My custom Filter #3}
Save this as an AVS file, then you must edit your script within AVStoDVD for every input file and add these lines right after the "ConvertToYV12()" command:
Code:
Last = Video
Import("My_Custom_Filters.avs")
Video = Last

A third way would be to write a wrapper plugin (like my ff_vbr plugin) which intercepts the encoder call and alters the input AVS script before executing the encoder. This would have to be done separately for ffmpeg and HCenc. (I have no intention to do this... )

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 27th December 2016 at 14:34.
Old 27th December 2016, 15:47   #3014  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Danette

you can already add an avs script file as input title. AVStoDVD will use the Import() function to load the AviSynth script. Of course, if the script is not DVD compliant, AVStoDVD will add the proper commands to make it compliant. I don't know if this covers your needs, you can try

@MisterXY

Let's try it. Start uploading the x265 file...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:11   #3015  |  Link
manolito

New version of my AVStoDVD plugins:

This time only the Wavi_mod plugin has changed. I added the LoudNorm filter by Kyle Swanson which is part of current FFmpeg versions. Download here:
http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/yQgp0Kmu/file.html

This filter normalizes audio tracks for a target loudness level according to the EBU R128 standard. The difference to using the BS1770Gain routine is that if the gain correction would cause clipping, Loudnorm uses a dynamic correction adding some real DRC plus a fast lookahead peak limiter. I use a LoudNorm wrapper tool called "WinLoudCLI" by Muxson. This tool makes it easy to work in 1-pass, 2-pass or SMART mode, it adds a progress indicator, plus it allows for easy creation of a log file.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 7th January 2017 at 18:58. Reason: Improved Wavi_Mod version
Old 8th January 2017, 18:47   #3016  |  Link
Mister XY

I hope this sample is good enough.
http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/2SXfFUrK/file.html
Old 8th January 2017, 23:04   #3017  |  Link
manolito

Hi Mister XY,

you are right, AVStoDVD seems to be unable to recognize chapters from this file. First I thought that the reason could be that you are cheating a little bit (you muxed a 12sec video track with a 1hour 39min audio track). But when I tested a file with matching track lengths I got the same behavior. Converting the file to AVC video solved the issue.

Until MrC fixes the problem you need to use some workaround. The easiest workaround I found is using "ChapterEditor" by hubblec4. Click the "Convert" tab, load the source MKV and save the chapters to a file using the "Celltimes" format. Select the fps value of the target, not the source. Then import this Celltimes chapter file directly into AVStoDVD.

Cheers
manolito
Old 9th January 2017, 08:40   #3018  |  Link
Mister XY

That's was only one movie from many more with this problem.
Old 17th January 2017, 06:25   #3019  |  Link
hurricane51

Mscomctl Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danette View Post
Thank you.

I had tried that but the installer did not install the MSCOMCTL.OCX file into the AVSTODVD Lib folder (I tried reinstalling several times), nor did it replace the old version in the SysWOW64 folder. I solved it by deleting the older MSCOMCTL.OCX file in SysWOW64 and then uninstalled and reinstalled AVSTODVD, which placed the newer MSCOMCTL.OCX file into both the SysWOW64 and AVSTODVD folders.

AVSTODVD works fine now.
Thanks so much for this tip. My AVS2DVD installation works fine now.
hurricane51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2017, 20:53   #3020  |  Link
Mister XY

No solution?