Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th November 2016, 11:14   #14581  |  Link
Ronski

@squeezer. I found the same problem, so I use MKVTOOLNIX to extract just the video, then process that with Ripbot then use MKVToolnix to mux the audio, subtitles and chapters back in that I require.

There should be a way in ripbot to select/keep what's required but I couldn't find it.
Ronski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 19:51   #14582  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by squezer View Post
Hi,

how to disable automatic conversion of TrueHD to FLAC ?
I do not want it (FLAC) nor need it.
I prefer bitstreaming of TrueHD, so it is just a wasting of time...

Thanks
Does doing selecting "Copy Audio" help?
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 23:21   #14583  |  Link
squezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Does doing selecting "Copy Audio" help?
no, because it is AFTER the conversion...
squezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 08:51   #14584  |  Link
Tazlord

v.1.19.4 Distribute Encoding is Broken

Hello,
First of all, I love this app.
I've been using it for a while and it just gets better and better with each revision...
So, thank you!

Issue:
The distributed encoding network configuration mechanism seems to be broken in 1.19.4.
Whenever I set up other computers as encoding servers, they eventually time out and never actually connect to the master host.
There are errors of the timeouts being reported in the server console.

I took the liberty of doing a packet capture and I noticed that the IP the encoding server is being instructed to connect to isn't on my local subnet (see line 30 in packet capture).
In fact, it looks like the IP also matches the IP being displayed on the master host's encoding server console.

Slave encoder network capture:

Master host server console:

I looked at the Distributed Encoding settings on the master host and the first server in the list is the localhost, 127.0.0.1.
Although that is a valid IP for the localhost, I think it's actually causing an issue with control messages being sent to the slaves.
You can see the control message in the TCP stream below instructing it to connect to an invalid IP address.

I tried changing that IP in the settings to the actual IP address of the master host but it didn't fix it.
Also, I tried looking for that IP in all of the INI files but it doesn't seem to be in any of those files.
I don't know if this IP is hard set in the code so I figured I'd send this post so you were aware of the issue.
Maybe it's a simple fix and recompile?
Tazlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 13:56   #14585  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Do you have mutiple network adapters (Phisical/Virtual) installed in your main pc?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 16:12   #14586  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Do you have mutiple network adapters (Phisical/Virtual) installed in your main pc?
There are physically 2 built into the motherboard but only 1 is actually enabled. I think I should mention that distributed encoding worked fine until I upgraded to 1.19.4.

EDIT:
After this post I decided to look and make sure my 2nd NIC was disabled. I found out there are actually 2 new network adapters in my system. I believe they were installed by VMware, which I happened to install around the same time I upgraded RipBot. I disabled them and it works now. THANKS!

I don't suppose there's a way to add an interface selector to RipBot? I would imagine I'm not the only person who might be running more than 1 network adapter.

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited by Tazlord; 10th November 2016 at 16:34.
Old 10th November 2016, 16:28   #14587  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I haven't changed anything in code. Besides As you can see I'm not being flooded with the same error from other users.
Can you show me what you have in ipconfig /all ?
Old 10th November 2016, 16:38   #14588  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
don't suppose there's a way to add an interface selector to RipBot? I would imagine I'm not the only person who might be running more than 1 network adapter.
Try this method
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2526067
Old 10th November 2016, 16:49   #14589  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

If you have a spare moment, occasionally I'm running into something I like to call the "99 loop" when using distributed encoding. Once in a while a chunk will try to encode at bitrate 99 (not 99k, just 99) or similar and the encoder will fail because that is too low. I'm assuming it's probably during the credit roll of some movies and the ABR algorithm probably doesn't see much need to use a higher bitrate. That's just my assumption. Aborting the process just recreates the chunks and doesn't solve the issue. The only way for me to fix it is to edit that chunk's CMD file and replace all instances of "--bitrate 99" with something like "--bitrate 9900" and save the file without aborting the process.
I was considering lowering the BDO to 1 or increasing the chunk size to 120 to get more real content in the clip but I figured I'd ask you first just in case you're not aware of this.

Thanks again!
Old 10th November 2016, 16:52   #14590  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazlord View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

If you have a spare moment, occasionally I'm running into something I like to call the "99 loop" when using distributed encoding. Once in a while a chunk will try to encode at bitrate 99 (not 99k, just 99) or similar and the encoder will fail because that is too low. I'm assuming it's probably during the credit roll of some movies and the ABR algorithm probably doesn't see much need to use a higher bitrate. That's just my assumption. Aborting the process just recreates the chunks and doesn't solve the issue. The only way for me to fix it is to edit that chunk's CMD file and replace all instances of "--bitrate 99" with something like "--bitrate 9900" and save the file without aborting the process.
I was considering lowering the BDO to 1 or increasing the chunk size to 120 to get more real content in the clip but I figured I'd ask you first just in case you're not aware of this.

Thanks again!
Interesting... Send me whole Job folder (ofcourse without any heavy files like .264 .mkv audio and so on )
Old 12th November 2016, 22:03   #14591  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
Interesting... Send me whole Job folder (ofcourse without any heavy files like .264 .mkv audio and so on )
I tried to go back and re-rip a title I thought was giving me this problem but everything worked fine this time. I know it happens about 10% of the time so I'm sure to run into it again. I'll update you when it happens.

EDIT:
I should mention that I only do 2-pass encoding and this has only happened on the 2nd pass, after the "proper" ABR has been modified for encoding.

I think a good workaround would be to parse the command line scripts of all the chunks before the 2nd pass encoding starts and replace any bitrates below a threshold with a set minimum. For instance, if a threshold of 512 is met then encode this chunk at a minimum of 50% of the requested bitrate but no less than the threshold.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Tazlord; 12th November 2016 at 23:35.
Old 13th November 2016, 11:12   #14592  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

the problem is set hard limit to 100 kbps in code. If calculated bitrate is lower than 100 then inject value 100. No idea why you got 99???
Old 13th November 2016, 17:10   #14593  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
the problem is set hard limit to 100 kbps in code. If calculated bitrate is lower than 100 then inject value 100. No idea why you got 99???
Really? Interesting. When this happens it's almost always 99. A few times I saw 98.
It just happened again today. This time it happened on the first chunk. I've never seen that before.

Here's a link to the job folder (13.7 MB):
https://file.io/2rB7vf
Old 15th November 2016, 13:09   #14594  |  Link
burt123

New Version

Hi Atak,

Just got a huge update download (approx 115Mb), and now it's 1.19.5, but there seems to be several new features.

Are you going to post some release notes/change log, etc ??

Cheers

Last edited by burt123; 15th November 2016 at 14:07.
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 20:42   #14595  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Hi Atak,

Just got a huge update download (approx 115Mb), and now it's 1.19.5, but there seems to be several new features.

Are you going to post some release notes/change log, etc ??

Cheers
I'm sure Atak will, but two of the new features I can confirm are GTGMC for better deinterlace/comb and MDgrain2 for better noise removal (hopefully we'll get MDegrain3 at some point?), which is awesome. Thank you so much!!
Update: You can manually do MDgrain3, can confirm works.

Last edited by byteshare; 30th November 2016 at 16:47.
Old 15th November 2016, 22:17   #14596  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Question about batch mode and interlace:
-Is there option somewhere I'm missing to say no audio like I get when I do 1 file at a time?

-For Deinterlace in RipBot why do I not get the option for some files? (greyed out and the drop down list won't show when clicked on)
-Side things once I enable QTGMC instead of Yadif are the best options (when I get them) to pick:
------Deinterlace: Inverse Telecine
------Decimate: Restore (ie 23.976 FPS)

Last edited by byteshare; 15th November 2016 at 22:26. Reason: Adding question
Old 16th November 2016, 00:30   #14597  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Deinterlace option is disabled if fps is other than 25 or 29.97
Old 16th November 2016, 18:10   #14598  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Deinterlace option is disabled if fps is other than 25 or 29.97
Something might be wrong then, because RipBot is showing the FPS is 29.970 (media info too (and constant)) but it doesn't give me the option. However for a video that is 23.976 FPS (media info says is variable FPS) the options were available. I can manually add in the deinterlace code and it works (I made a slight modification):
Code:
#Deinterlace
Loadplugin("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Repair\RepairSSE2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\RemoveGrain\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\nnedi3\nnedi3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\masktools\masktools2.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\mvtools\mvtools2.dll")
Import("C:\Intel\other\!2Tools\RipBot264v1.19.5\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Scripts\QTGMC.avs")
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Slow",FPSDivisor=2)
Don't need the Yadif.dll when the present is Slow.

Update: I can force the deinterlace in batch mode and then for videos that are 29.970 I can change the option. The limit of 25 or 29.97 seems strange with QTGMC, because as far as I understand it there isn't specific FPS limits.

Last edited by byteshare; 16th November 2016 at 22:48. Reason: Updated Test Information
Old 17th November 2016, 11:22   #14599  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Have you ever seen footage encoded as 23.976i,24i,30i and so on?

PAL is either 25i or 50p
NTSC is either 29.97i or 59.94p

Quote:
video=QTGMC(video,Preset="Slow",FPSDivisor=2)
Medium seems to be less blurry and without some artefacts

MEDIUM
https://i.imgsafe.org/d90b26b1ae.png

SLOW (notice artefacts on stairs and on the roof of the black VW Golf. Grass and wall on left is also slightly blurrier)
https://i.imgsafe.org/d90b974b37.png

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 17th November 2016 at 12:22.
Old 17th November 2016, 13:02   #14600  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Have you ever seen footage encoded as 23.976i,24i,30i and so on?

PAL is either 25i or 50p
NTSC is either 29.97i or 59.94p

Medium seems to be less blurry and without some artefacts

MEDIUM
https://i.imgsafe.org/d90b26b1ae.png

SLOW (notice artefacts on stairs and on the roof of the black VW Golf. Grass and wall on left is also slightly blurrier)
https://i.imgsafe.org/d90b974b37.png
Is that picture taken from out of your window ??? And is that your black Golf ??? (not stalking, just curious)
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360