Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th October 2013, 17:39   #17981  |  Link
g00g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The SETUP screen's "convert to HD 720p" only applies to BD output. The size of ALTERNATE is determined by the preset you've chosen.
If the size 1280*720 of ALTERNATE is chosen by an input of a SD DVD input, i got the following error: PopUp Window, which tells me that the h.264 encoder has a problem.

If I set "convert to HD 720p" this error does not appear.

Do I need to use another setup for upscaling von SD to HD in ALTERNATE menu?
g00g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 17:57   #17982  |  Link
g00g

Quote:
It SHOULD only apply to the job where the settings were made. Settings only apply to jobs from that point until they are changed again -- you don't want previously added Batch jobs to be changed.
I don't want to change previously added batch jobs.
If you look on the bd gui stream tab while a video is loaded in Movie Only mode and if the video consists of multiple video files (VIDs), then the settings you can manually change are just for one VID file. If the general settings under Setup differ from your manual setup in the bd gui stream tab and you choose "add current project to batch queue", the entries AUDIO and SUBS contains the settings for each VID file of the video. But the manuall setting in the bd gui stream tab is only recognized for the VID file which is visible in the bg gui stream tab.

Sorry, if I can not explain this more precisiously.
g00g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 19:34   #17983  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
I use the older one and have never had an issue with sync... I suspect your problem is elsewhere. With that said, I'll do some testing of the newer version to see if it is alright for use.
I'm using the newer Haali 20130623 version (just to be able to go 64-bit in AVCHDcoder). And it works 99% of the time for me. Very rarely I get an error and the encode stops. I just fire it up again and it continues. With the recomennded version I have 100% successrate. So the new version isn't completely stable with BD-RB. Atleast for me.

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 21:58   #17984  |  Link
gonca

g00g

If you are talking about Movie-only and seamless branching, the audio and subtitles you see in the one VID affects all the other VIDs. In other words, X out an audio stream in that one VID and it is automatically Xed out for all the VIDs
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 22:44   #17985  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
I'm using the newer Haali 20130623 version (just to be able to go 64-bit in AVCHDcoder). And it works 99% of the time for me. Very rarely I get an error and the encode stops. I just fire it up again and it continues. With the recomennded version I have 100% successrate. So the new version isn't completely stable with BD-RB. Atleast for me.

//LD
I have used this version a couple of months without problems. But the official tester is jdobbs.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 14:45   #17986  |  Link
MalibuDave42

I am glad someone brought up forced subtitles again. I am just plain confused how these work. Using Win7 MCE to play movies, my forced subtitles are hit and miss, mostly miss. When the movie gets run through BDRebuilder, I use movie only, keep only the English sound track and include all of the subtitle versions. The movie plays in VLC with the English subtitles always on. Is there a setting I am missing in BDR and or MCE?
MalibuDave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 17:30   #17987  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuDave42 View Post
I am glad someone brought up forced subtitles again. I am just plain confused how these work. Using Win7 MCE to play movies, my forced subtitles are hit and miss, mostly miss. When the movie gets run through BDRebuilder, I use movie only, keep only the English sound track and include all of the subtitle versions. The movie plays in VLC with the English subtitles always on. Is there a setting I am missing in BDR and or MCE?
I believe that with VLC you merely right-click the screen and de-select 'Subtitles' which I THINK is usually selected by default. You absolutely should be able to turn the subs off by doing that or perhaps set it that way to stay in the 'Preferences'.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 23:22   #17988  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ Lathe

Subtitles aren't always displayed automatically by VLC. VLC checks the flag within the MKV container and displays them accordingly. :-) If it's outside MKV it might display automatically.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 14th October 2013 at 07:11. Reason: Clarity
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 02:33   #17989  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@ Lathe

Subtitles aren't always displayed automatically by VLC. VLC checks the flag within the MKV container and displays them accordingly. :-) If it's MKV...and if it's inside the MKV.
Ah, I didn't know that; thank you kindly for telling me.

That's what I get for trying to swim with the Big Boys!...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 07:05   #17990  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ Lathe

There isn't any such thing as a dumb or stupid question. Arrogance will often suggest differently. Annoying, as in highly repetitive and non-learning/evolving questions...perhaps. Enjoy the water...I might even PUSH you IN! HA HA HA!!! You're welcome to do the same with me! HA!

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 14th October 2013 at 07:16.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 16:15   #17991  |  Link
dentnu

Hi first off I would like to say thank you for making this program its awesome. I would like to know if there are any plan in the future to have the option to use the gpu to encode instead of using the cpu ? I am sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but I think it would make the encoding process so much faster.
dentnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 17:56   #17992  |  Link
roadhowl

I've had a strange error. I used BD Rebuilder 44.17 to process the Blu-ray of Star Trek Generations into a 1920x1080 MKV file with 640kbs AC3. It seemed to work ok and the file seemed the correct length, but the processed video in the MKV file essentially "froze" on a particular frame and never changed that frame for the rest of the movie length. The sound seemed to process correctly.
roadhowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 18:11   #17993  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhowl View Post
I've had a strange error. I used BD Rebuilder 44.17 to process the Blu-ray of Star Trek Generations into a 1920x1080 MKV file with 640kbs AC3. It seemed to work ok and the file seemed the correct length, but the processed video in the MKV file essentially "froze" on a particular frame and never changed that frame for the rest of the movie length. The sound seemed to process correctly.
Bad rip probably. I've had trouble like that before. One of my optical drives ignored a read error. Ripped it with a different drive, and voila! You may not notice a problem with the ripped files either. The applications however do notice it.
Old 16th October 2013, 22:54   #17994  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Issue with Edit mode, Movie & Menus (auto-Blank Extras)

BD-RB in Edit mode, with English checked under "Audio Langs to Keep" under Setup: In the Feature, de-select any of the "extra" English audiotracks, then Save as Project. Quit BD-RB. Launch BD-RB again and the Open Project i.e. the .epr you just saved. The audio track deselected before is selected again.

This same issue exists for the Subtitles i.e. de-select a sub and save the project, reload the project and the sub is selected again.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 23:34   #17995  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
BD-RB in Edit mode, with English checked under "Audio Langs to Keep" under Setup: In the Feature, de-select any of the "extra" English audiotracks, then Save as Project. Quit BD-RB. Launch BD-RB again and the Open Project i.e. the .epr you just saved. The audio track deselected before is selected again.

This same issue exists for the Subtitles i.e. de-select a sub and save the project, reload the project and the sub is selected again.
The unchecked items are transient.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th October 2013 at 23:44.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 12:58   #17996  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
The unchecked items are transient.
Hmm you mean we can't use Projects in Edit mode then? Not now, not ever?
Old 17th October 2013, 16:27   #17997  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hmm you mean we can't use Projects in Edit mode then? Not now, not ever?
I'll look at it.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:54   #17998  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

If it can't be done for some technical reason, maybe it would help the next guy to (simply?) grey-out the Save Project menu item when "Movie & Menus (Auto-blank Extras)" is checked (though I guess the worst that can happen is that extra audiotracks would reduce the bits available for other stuff).
Old 17th October 2013, 22:37   #17999  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If it can't be done for some technical reason, maybe it would help the next guy to (simply?) grey-out the Save Project menu item when "Movie & Menus (Auto-blank Extras)" is checked (though I guess the worst that can happen is that extra audiotracks would reduce the bits available for other stuff).
I'm confused. I though you were talking about audio/subtitle selections that were being unchecked...
Old 18th October 2013, 05:31   #18000  |  Link
MalibuDave42

Sorry for the lack of clarity on my part.. I prefer to use MCE to organize and play the movies. Sometimes the forced subtitles show up.. more often they do not show up. Is there a setting in MCE or BDR I should using? e.g District 9, no subtitles. Pretty hard to watch without them. I re-ripped it, tried different RBD settings, I know jdobbs uses this as a test movie... I am doing something wrong. Any insights how to get forced subtitles to show up every time they are used in every movie?
MalibuDave42 is offline   Reply With Quote