Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 5th December 2009, 12:42   #1  |  Link
Zathor

MeGUI: bug reports and feature requests

The correct place for bug reports and feature request is the Project page, but if you want to discuss them first you can do it here. However remember: without opening a bug report or feature request at the project page it is likely that we forgot about it.

Project page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/

Bug reports
Feature requests
Support

Recommended installation instructions:
1. Download the recent MeGUI build: Download
2. Extract the file (recommended to not extract it in the program files directory - use e.g. C:\Tools\MeGUI)
3. Run the program megui.exe and let it update all necessary files

This build does not require write access outside of the program directory. Therefore it is easy to use in a more restrictive environment. It is even possible to have several versions installed independently.

[Moderator edit]The last included Avisynth+ version is 3.5 r3106, if you have installed a more updated versión (now 3.7...) you need check Options -> Main -> Always use the included AviSynth or replace the AvisynthWrapper.dll[/Moderator edit]

Development Updates
If you want to have always the newest build please switch to the development update server in MeGUI. You can find this setting in
"Options\Settings\Extra Configuration\Auto Update" and switch to "Use development update server". Afterwards do an update check or restart MeGUI.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 27th April 2022 at 09:11. Reason: AvisynthWrapper
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 16:08   #2  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
- [ProgressWindow] added Windows 7 taskbar progress
Link removed. Please download above.

Please try this version on a OS before Windows 7 and without .NET 3.5 and post the result. The progress window "should" work without problems and of course without the taskbar progress but I can not test it myself.

Last edited by Zathor; 6th December 2009 at 02:17. Reason: link removed
Old 5th December 2009, 16:30   #3  |  Link
prOnorama

@ Zathor: thanks a lot I will try it out.

PS: please do not use RapidShare alone for hosting, a lot of the time I get "There are no more download slots available for free users right now. " even if I want to download a small file. So I can't try it out now.

MediaFire is a good alternative.
prOnorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 17:08   #4  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prOnorama View Post
@ Zathor: thanks a lot I will try it out.

PS: please do not use RapidShare alone for hosting, a lot of the time I get "There are no more download slots available for free users right now. " even if I want to download a small file. So I can't try it out now.

MediaFire is a good alternative.
Thank your for the feedback. I have uploaded the file to mediafire.
Old 5th December 2009, 20:42   #5  |  Link
j8ee

It crashes when I try to start it...

edit:

I think you get the idea without an error message translation.

box is XP SP3 32 bit, .net 1.1, 2.0 SP1, 3 SP2 and 3.5 SP1

Last edited by j8ee; 5th December 2009 at 21:21. Reason: adding external image
j8ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 21:10   #6  |  Link
Puncakes

You, my good sir, have my most heartfelt, and deepest thanks.

j8ee: It would be best if you provided some details as to the machine you're attempting to use it on(e.g OS, 32/64bit, .NET installed). Also, host your error image somewhere like http://imageshack.us/ and post the link to it, rather than waiting for a mod to approve it. I'm on Win7 32bit, with .NET 3.5 as well, so I can't provide much in the way of testing, but it certainly works great for me.

Once again, thank you very much, Zathor.
Puncakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:13   #7  |  Link
ncatt

Zathor Hi, thanks for this fixed version. Just a suggestion: do not put the files on rapidshare. In recent days I always see this message: "There are no more download slots available for free users right now. If you don't want to become a premium member, you might want to try again later." And if i try again later the same message pops up. It's annoying. Mediafire is much better.
ncatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 01:41   #8  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8ee View Post
It crashes when I try to start it...

I think you get the idea without an error message translation.

box is XP SP3 32 bit, .net 1.1, 2.0 SP1, 3 SP2 and 3.5 SP1
Thanks, it seems to be not working on non Windows 7 OS. Please use the build from the first post until I have a newer build. The version does not have any modifications in the progress window.
Old 6th December 2009, 02:02   #9  |  Link
j8ee

Oh, now I saw that you wanted a test without .net 3.5. Anyway, 3.5 is an auto-update as far as I know, so most XP users have it.
Old 6th December 2009, 02:15   #10  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Oh, now I saw that you wanted a test without .net 3.5. Anyway, 3.5 is an auto-update as far as I know, so most XP users have it.
I added a few checks if the OS is Windows 7 (or above). Please try the new build again (it is in the first post).

Additionally I changed a small thing in profile handling
Code:
- [x264Config] the advanced settings will be applied to the command line independent of the advanced settings checkbox
Old 6th December 2009, 02:19   #11  |  Link
quantum5uicid3

I didn't notice it at first, but it's still not saving the following settings after you create a new preset and close the x264 configuration dialog.
--ref
--bframes
--deblock
--no-cabac
--no-deblock
--ipratio
--pbratio
--deadzone-inter
--deadzone-intra
--qcomp
--aq-mode
--aq-strength
--psy-rd
--no-dct-decimate

and the --no-mbtree checkbox is not working properly

xp sp3 3.5 .net, someone confirm please.
quantum5uicid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 02:27   #12  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum5uicid3 View Post
I didn't notice it at first, but it's still not saving the following settings after you create a new preset and close the x264 configuration dialog.
--ref

and the --no-mbtree checkbox is not working properly

xp sp3 3.5 .net, someone confirm please.
Did only a quick check with --ref. And yes, I can confirm the problem. On the other hand the --no-mbtree checkbox is working properly for me. In the fastest 3 presets --no-mbtree is always active and therefore it can not be activated (note to myself: disable the button if using these presets)
Old 6th December 2009, 02:44   #13  |  Link
quantum5uicid3

yeah that was it with --no-mbtree, i just left the preset on fast and was going through all the settings one by one to see which saved and which didn't
Old 6th December 2009, 03:28   #14  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
yeah that was it with --no-mbtree, i just left the preset on fast and was going through all the settings one by one to see which saved and which didn't
It should be fixed now and the build is in the first post. Please check if all settings can be loaded now.
Old 6th December 2009, 03:49   #15  |  Link
quantum5uicid3

thanks, good work! the only thing left before testing more extensively, does "Credits Quantizer" still correspond to any x264 option (I don't see it doing anything and can find no reference in the command line options)? and the --rclookahead field still doesn't seem to change the commandline.
Old 6th December 2009, 04:31   #16  |  Link
stax76

x264 GUIs involve complexity, some settings depend on other settings which again depend on other settings and sometimes it's very difficult to disable all controls accordingly. With such issues the first thing you would do is check the x264 docs on what other settings the setting depend taking also the settings of the preset and tuning into account. --rc-lookahead don't has dependencies and interactions documented so it's a simple bug.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 04:42   #17  |  Link
quantum5uicid3

yeah i checked if it corresponded with mbtree or vbv settings, but it doesn't. "Credits Quantizer" apparently is only used if you "set the credit starting point in the preview window." overlooked it before, thanks.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:57   #18  |  Link
j8ee

Using the build in the first post, I have the same crash as before. On my laptop I don't have the .net Swedish language packs installed, so the error message is in English this time.

XP SP3, .net 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1

Old 6th December 2009, 11:50   #19  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Using the build in the first post, I have the same crash as before. On my laptop I don't have the .net Swedish language packs installed, so the error message is in English this time.

XP SP3, .net 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1
(hopefully) finally fixed. Please try the new build. If not, please provide a few more details (which kind of job crashed, ...)

Quote:
...and the --rclookahead field still doesn't seem to change the commandline.
I have changed the input handling in the new build. It did already changed the command line for me before, but maybe this change solves your problems.

Last edited by Zathor; 6th December 2009 at 12:05.
Old 6th December 2009, 12:03   #20  |  Link
j8ee

Seems to work now, I haven't been using it yet, but at least it starts! Nice work, many thanks!

edit: Hmm, disabling mb-tree isn't saved in a profile. It's checked when I load the profile again, and looking at the xml it says <NoMBTree>false</NoMBTree>.
edit 2: Correction - as far as I can see, none of my settings are saved at all. The changed settings are for ipod compliance: --profile baseline --level 3 --crf 20.0 --thread-input --ref 2 --vbv-bufsize 10000 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --no-mbtree --me umh --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 (which I think is the default, but I'm not quite sure)

edit 3: OK... it seems like loading the profile manually in the drop down menu in the config dialog brings up the correct commandline. I haven't made any test encodes to see if it's actually used yet, but I'll do that soon. Still, that the cabac checkbox does nothing makes me a little suspicious.

Last edited by j8ee; 6th December 2009 at 12:36.