Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th January 2010, 11:30   #6481  |  Link
mmmmdonut

@sifulee, you need read forum rules. In particular rule 6 as the file you are talking about is clearly obtained off the net.
mmmmdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 16:26   #6482  |  Link
sifulee

Yikes i'm sorry guys... i'm a very very long time lurker and it looks like my first post will go unanswered.

I have now read the rules and hope I can be forgiven as I'm sure most of us bought all there video content and never obtain any of there files off the net.

FYI I've been using Ripbot264 for years now and this is the first time I've had a problem. Well its not that big of a deal since everything else works just fine. Its just really weird to me because all the eps of TruBlood that shows you what happen 'previously' exhibit the same problem and stop playing audio right afterwards. The first two eps in the first season encode to mp4 perfectly with audio. Wish I could figure it out. Maybe someone is kind enough to seen a PM with suggestions.

BTW thanks for the wonderful program. Its one of the best!

Last edited by sifulee; 4th January 2010 at 18:50.
sifulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 18:54   #6483  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
t would also be nice to get 24bit FLAC. I don't understand the reason for downmixing it to 16bit?
i don't understand why you need 24 bit audio at all? Do you even know what is difference between 16 bit and 24 bit audio???

Quote:
Yes, I know that. But will it, when it rips the movie and processes the subs with bdsup2sub, grab just the FORCED subs and build those in?
Forced subs we need. All the rest of the english subs(for english speaking people) we don't need.

Typically I rip with eac3to and then I take all the english subs I ripped and open them in bdsup2sub. It tells you if there are any forced. If there are then you export just the forced and import the idx file into mkvmerge(or build them in the image with ripbot). Then you get just the forced and none of the other subs you don't need.
Something tells me that you should select file with BIG FORCED label. Just demux all subtitles next time ,ok?

Quote:
The problem is that i have no sound after the first 50 secs or so. After its shows what happened on the previous episode I get no sound. I don't know what the problem is but the original works find in mpc.
This happens if stream has mix of 2.0 and 5.1 channel audio. Commercials are encoded in stereo but main show is in 5.1. Decoder will add silence if number of channels is changed. Blame that guy who encoded that file.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 4th January 2010 at 19:07.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 19:04   #6484  |  Link
archer75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
i don't understand why you need 24 bit audio at all? Do you even know what is difference between 16 bit and 24 bit audio???
This explains it pretty well: http://www.tweakheadz.com/16_vs_24_bit_audio.htm

I have a nice 7.1 setup in a large room. I may just be able to hear a difference between the two.

Either way, it's nice to have choice.

Quote:
Something tells me that you should select file with BIG FORCED label. Just demux all subtitles next time ,ok?
I have yet to get ripbot to successfully rip anything. Was just curious if it would process the forced subs before I continue on with the troubleshooting process. So it's good to know it does.

Last edited by archer75; 4th January 2010 at 19:07.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 19:16   #6485  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I have a nice 7.1 setup in a large room. I may just be able to hear a difference between the two.
Quote:
Granted 24 bits represents a noise floor well below the hearing range. 16 bits has a noise floor down at the bottom of the range of human hearing as well.
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/view...ht=24bit+16bit

Do you really like placebo effect? Do you know also that movies may have fake 24bit audio? 16bit+empty 8 bits? Or even upscaled 16 bit audio?
Old 4th January 2010, 19:20   #6486  |  Link
archer75

Quote:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/view...ht=24bit+16bit

Do you really like placebo effect? Do you know also that movies may have fake 24bit audio? 16bit+empty 8 bits? Or even upscaled 16 bit audio?
Yes, I know that movies MAY have fake 24bit audio. But not all do.
With harry potter and the half blood prince when ripping the truehd to flac with eac3to it recognized that it was 16bit + 8 empty bits and removed those 8 bits and ripped as 16bit. Which is fine. Obviously nothing lost there.

But i'd rather ripbot didn't take a real 24bit recording and downmix it.
It's nice to have choice instead of it being decided for you.
Though with the positive review for clarkdale and the upcoming ATI 5670 and lower end cards I may just go back to bitstreaming.

Last edited by archer75; 4th January 2010 at 19:26.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 19:32   #6487  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
But i'd rather ripbot didn't take a real 24bit recording and downmix it.
It's nice to have choice instead of it being decided for you.
Placebo is placebo. Period. If you cannot hear difference why not save some space by using 16bit?!!? Unless you have bat's ears and you live in sound proof room with ultra high end equipment!
Old 4th January 2010, 20:48   #6488  |  Link
Hyrax

Hello -
Is there anyway to tell Ripbot to process a series of files. I've got about 30 files I've moved from my Tivo (and converted to MPGs) to my PC that I'd like to turn into MP4s. Each show is between 8 and 16GB, and adding them individually to the job queue makes you wait while it indexes each file. I'm wondering if Ripbot allows one to do something like prepare an input file with a list of files that it could read and process.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Hyrax; 4th January 2010 at 21:03.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 20:52   #6489  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You better use this
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=102652
Old 4th January 2010, 21:52   #6490  |  Link
nekrosoft13

Atak_Snajpera, got a question

Does noise reduction uses GPU?

I have two machines,
one has Intel I7 and GTX280, when encoding PAL DVD with noise reduction i get about 100FPS on pass 2
second machine has AMD Phenon 9550 and onboard geforce 8200, when encoding the same PAL DVD with noise reduction i get about 2fps on pass 2

Also on the second machine when using noise reduction causes the screen to shake/shiver.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 22:46   #6491  |  Link
B2K24

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
eac3to it recognized that it was 16bit + 8 empty bits and removed those 8 bits and ripped as 16bit. Which is fine.
Atak cannot change how EAC3TO functions it can only imput a different command line parameters. Remember, Ripbot264 is simply a GUI that controls many different programs.

I just converted BR disc Santa buddies that my kids got for christmas. eac3to automatically reduced depth from 24 to 16 without errors and no empty bits text was shown, it's something that just automatically happens with eac3to with everything I've ever converted.
B2K24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 22:57   #6492  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Does noise reduction uses GPU?

I have two machines,
one has Intel I7 and GTX280, when encoding PAL DVD with noise reduction i get about 100FPS on pass 2
second machine has AMD Phenon 9550 and onboard geforce 8200, when encoding the same PAL DVD with noise reduction i get about 2fps on pass 2

Also on the second machine when using noise reduction causes the screen to shake/shiver.
Yes. I use fft3dgpu. Make sure that you have latest DirectX9.0c installed!
Old 5th January 2010, 03:34   #6493  |  Link
8ternity

UPDATE: Problem Corrected*

Hi Atak;

ripbot v 1.15.0; on windows 7 x86;

Code:
DirectShowSource: DirectShowSource : Graph refused to run.:
Impossible d’allouer la mémoire car la taille n’a pas été définie.
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\getinfo.avs, line 2)
translated;

Code:
DirectShowSource: DirectShowSource: Graph refused to run.:
Can not allocate memory because no size has been defined.
(E: \ Temp \ RipBot264temp \ job2 \ getinfo.avs, line 2)
Code:
video=DirectShowSource("D:\--= Complete =--\movies\pirates.2.mkv",audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
LoadPlugin("C:\Ripbot264\tools\AviSynth plugins\NicAudio\NicAudio.dll")
audio=NicAC3Source("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\2_audio_English.ac3")
AudioDub(video,audio)
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Framecount")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Framerate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioRate")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioChannels")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","AudioLength")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Width")
WriteFile("E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\info.txt","Height ")
Trim(0,-1)
thank you,
happy new year,

Last edited by 8ternity; 5th January 2010 at 05:21.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 04:05   #6494  |  Link
Clownzer

@Atak_Snajpera

Thakns again for the software! So far I have been able to test a few things out without any errors. I do have a question for you about how this should work or if there is a work around for the issue.

When doing a 1080P encode I have no issues cutting out the black bars, but when I do a 720P encode with Auto crop on and chose the HD for 720P setting, I get the blackbars readded.

Is there a workaround for this?
Clownzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 04:42   #6495  |  Link
stryker412

Question for those who convert SD material. After producing an mkv it looks like the video is interlaced but not sure why. I tried to redo the file with interlacing options but nothing worked. This only happens with SD material (aka DVD rips). If I convert with Handbrake it does not happen. What setting do I need to adjust to get it to work on Ripbot? Thanks.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 05:20   #6496  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmo View Post
Hi ~bT~

I uninstalled divx but now I get this error "Directshowsource: Graph refused to run: cannot allocate memory beacuse no size has been set, getinfo.avs line 2".
Any idea of why this happens?
[QUOTE=Atak_Snajpera;1252384]Make sure that libavcodec or ffmpeg-mt are selected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
Hi Atak;

ripbot v 1.15.0; on windows 7 x86;

Code:
DirectShowSource: DirectShowSource : Graph refused to run.:
Impossible d’allouer la mémoire car la taille n’a pas été définie.
(E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\getinfo.avs, line 2)
Code:
DirectShowSource: DirectShowSource: Graph refused to run.:
Can not allocate memory because no size has been defined.
(E: \ Temp \ RipBot264temp \ job2 \ getinfo.avs, line 2)
thank you,
happy new year,
POST: Very strange that the ffdshow setting has mistery unchoose video h264 settings.

Problem corrected.

Atak, did you know if we can create an post with all troubleshooting experienced with ripbot264 relatives applications for quick research?

Thank You!
Old 5th January 2010, 05:57   #6497  |  Link
Clownzer

@Atak

I think I figured it out, I just used the custom resolution option keep the ratio the same, 720P with no bars came out to: (1280x534). If this is not how you would suggest doing it your input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Clownzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 08:18   #6498  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownzer View Post
@Atak

I think I figured it out, I just used the custom resolution option keep the ratio the same, 720P with no bars came out to: (1280x534). If this is not how you would suggest doing it your input would be appreciated. Thanks!
that's what I told you to do yesterday....

Atak what did you think about adding pillarboxing ability for 1.33 content?
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:25   #6499  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Atak what did you think about adding pillarboxing ability for 1.33 content?
HD is always 16:9 so why do you need 1.33 ?
Old 5th January 2010, 19:04   #6500  |  Link
Furiousflea

Does that mean you don't intend to add support for 24bit FLAC?

Personally I think it's mad to not do it (forget my own bias, it's not like I can't do it by just doing the audio manually). My point is that FLAC is a lossless codec, why even bother having a lossless encoding option at all if its going to be fettered by downmixing it to 16bit for no reason.

I don't have the highest end equipment in the world but I can generally tell the difference between a 16bit FLAC file and a 24bit version that hasn't been downmixed.

Thanks for the program it's very useful end of the day
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360