Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd July 2014, 00:51   #1  |  Link
TahoeP

Scenarist multi-menu help!

I am making an HDMV disc, the Main Menu has 3 buttons. When you select the first "Play" button, 3 more buttons appear above. When I select the third button, which is 'Close', the buttons disappear but the Highlight jumps to the third button on the MM, when it should stay on the first "Play" button. Same senario happens with the second button on the MM "Chapters". The third button has no submenu and goes to a title so no page needed. There are 3 pages, first page is MM, second page is Play, third page is Chapters. Each page contains a Dummy BOG/Button. Auto-Action is checked in the first Dummy button of the first page only. So the Highlight is wrong, I added GRP commands to fix the highlight issue but they are being ignored!
MM page Dummy:
1. If ((GRP)MM-HL[ID:4] == 1) SetButtonPage Button:mm-Play[ID:1]
1. If ((GRP)MM-HL[ID:4] == 2) SetButtonPage Button:mm-Chapt[ID:2]
1. If ((GRP)MM-HL[ID:4] == 3) SetButtonPage Button:mm-Play[ID:3]

Using GRP 4 I set a command in the second page Dummy:
1. Move (GRP)MM-HL [ID:4] 1

In Third page Dummy:
1. Move (GRP)MM-HL [ID:4] 2

It seems to be getting th HL info from PSR 10, but I don't really know...
Any thoughts or ideas on why the code is being ignored when jumping between pages would be very helpful!? Maybe I am simply missing something!
It was so nice with Scenarist SD to preview the GRPs and PSRs and actually see what they were doing. Is there anything out there that does something similar to that?
Thanks!
TahoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:31   #2  |  Link
mp3dom

If you want to monitor all the registers (GPR/PSR and more), you should play the compiled BD on Scenarist QC which is included (as external download) in Scenarist BD Pro.
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:15   #3  |  Link
TahoeP

Pilot error! Sorry about the first question, i had a brain fart, clearly forgetting to add to the commands in the buttons. I only had a link to the menu and forgot to add the button to the SetButtonPage, (only had the set Page).
Thanks for the reply on Scenarist QC. The company purchased BD back in 2010, but no one here used it till now so no one got the QC software before Sonic/Rovi disbanded. Not sure how to get it now and not sure if the license will cover the software...
Thanks again
TahoeP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grp, menus, psr, scenarist