Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 10th January 2019, 13:26   #261  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
Resizing the GUI window seems weird. Minimum window size is 1152 x 715 - shorter than that and I lose the buttons and file entry box at the bottom.

Is there a minimum height for the mutliplexer/input/properties element? It won't shrink to less than 50% the height of the desktop.
The minimum height is calculated automatically from the minimum height of all the control on all the panels in all the tools. As soon as you shrink it below that height, the controls will stay at their height and scroll bars will be shown. Meaning no, you do not lose the buttons, but you may have to scroll in order to find them.

Back in the day the GUI did not allow shrinking below the minimum size. Users requested that I do allow that, and the scrollable panes were the compromise that enabled the change.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2019, 15:24   #262  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Possible To Set "Output/File title:" Field To Be Blank?

First, many thanks to Mosu for MKVToolNix . After stalling as long as possible, I've finally gotten around to upgrading from version 8.3.0 (I know, I know) and, wow, the new GUI is really, really functional after getting the hang of it. I've one question, though: Is there any way to set the field "Output/File title:" to always populate as blank (no text)? I can't find a setting for this; perhaps there's a command line I could set? Thanks for any help.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2019, 15:32   #263  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Thanks for the praise.

The title is affected by the following two options in the preferences: "Multiplexer" → "Default values" → "Automatically set the file title from source files" and "Automatically clear the file title when the last file is removed".

Old 15th January 2019, 16:13   #264  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
Thanks for the praise.
You're welcome, it's very well deserved.

Quote:
The title is affected by the following two options in the preferences: "Multiplexer" → "Default values" → "Automatically set the file title from source files" and "Automatically clear the file title when the last file is removed".
Ahhh, I was misinterpreting the above emphasized text. Thank you for the clarification; unticking that option is exactly what I needed .
Old 16th January 2019, 13:51   #265  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

OK, seems I've a second question: Is there any way to set the field "Input/Properties:/Track name:" to always populate as blank (no text) for each track?
Old 16th January 2019, 13:59   #266  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No. The track name will be set if and only if the source file contains a track name. This is done so you can actually remove an existing track name by blanking the prefilled name.

Old 16th January 2019, 14:42   #267  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Damn, I though MKVToolNix could do everything ;-) . Thanks for the answer, Mosu, be well.
Old 16th January 2019, 14:55   #268  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

If you don't like track names at all, you could set up a script to run after each job has completed (see preferences) that uses mkvmerge & mkvpropedit in order to remove any existing track names in the output file just created. MKVToolNix does provide all the mechanisms for automating nearly anything you would want to do, but you'll have to invest a bit of your time to tailor it to your specific needs.

Old 16th January 2019, 15:28   #269  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
If you don't like track names at all, you could set up a script to run after each job has completed (see preferences) that uses mkvmerge & mkvpropedit in order to remove any existing track names in the output file just created.
OK, it's seems that is does do everything . It's only sometimes that I want to clear the track names; is it possible to run the script manually? Ahhh, I'll check the Help file...
Old 16th January 2019, 15:45   #270  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

You can define actions to run after job completion. Each action can be configured to be run automatically or on demand only. However, you'll have to activate the action to run while the job is running — currently there's no way to run an action on a job that has already completed (at least not from the GUI).

Old 16th January 2019, 16:15   #271  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
You can define actions to run after job completion. Each action can be configured to be run automatically or on demand only. However, you'll have to activate the action to run while the job is running — currently there's no way to run an action on a job that has already completed (at least not from the GUI).
When I have a job queue that's a season (or several seasons) of a TV show, the only thing I (sometimes, not always) want to do is clear the video and-or audio track names ("Input/Track name:"). I don't quite understand what you meant by the above emphasized text. Sorry I'm a bit slow; I'm still in therapy from trying to learn AviSynth five years ago...
Old 16th January 2019, 16:23   #272  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

In the "job output" tool there's a button called "When finished…" with which you can tell the GUI to execute a pre-configured action after the currently running job (or the whole queue) has finished. Using that button is what I meant.

What you cannot do, at the moment, is go to the "job queue" tool and execute a pre-configured action from there, e.g. for a completed job.

For your use case I'd simply write a script that iterates over all files in a certain folder, uses "mkvmerge --identification-format json --identify currentfile.mkv" in order to query track IDs and properties and then calls "mkvpropedit currentfile.mkv --edit track:… --delete name --edit track:… --delete name…" for all tracks that do have names set. That's assuming all of your files for a specific season (or show) end up in the same folder, but no other files are present in said folder.

Old 16th January 2019, 16:56   #273  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
In the "job output" tool there's a button called "When finished…" with which you can tell the GUI to execute a pre-configured action after the currently running job (or the whole queue) has finished. Using that button is what I meant.

What you cannot do, at the moment, is go to the "job queue" tool and execute a pre-configured action from there, e.g. for a completed job.
Thanks for the clarification, now I understand.

Quote:
For your use case I'd simply write a script that iterates over all files in a certain folder, uses "mkvmerge --identification-format json --identify currentfile.mkv" in order to query track IDs and properties and then calls "mkvpropedit currentfile.mkv --edit track:… --delete name --edit track:… --delete name…" for all tracks that do have names set. That's assuming all of your files for a specific season (or show) end up in the same folder, but no other files are present in said folder.
I've gone to "Preferences/Jobs & jobs queue/Executing actions/+ Add action", selected "Execute a program" and named it "ClearTrackName(s). My destination folder is "C:\Users\...\Desktop\MKVTempNix". I understand how a command line works, in its most basic sense, but not how to use it. That is, I can copy and paste your above text but don't understand how-where to place the folder path or how to call "mkvpropedit". I tried:

Code:
C:\Users\...\Desktop\MKVTempNix\mkvmerge --identification-format json --identify currentfile.mkv mkvpropedit currentfile.mkv --edit track:… --delete name --edit track:… --delete name…
but received a "Program execution failed" message.
Old 16th January 2019, 17:00   #274  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

What you're trying to do cannot be expressed as a simple one-liner. You'll have to write a full script to do what I said. Here's an example of a Ruby script doing something else you can use as a basis to get started.

Old 16th January 2019, 17:04   #275  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Ooh boy, I'm going to have to double my therapy sessions (or up my Bitburger intake). I'll spend some time trying to figure this out, Mosu, thank you so much for your time .
Old 16th January 2019, 17:55   #276  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

You're quite welcome.

Old 25th January 2019, 20:11   #277  |  Link
Flash_Git

Since the release of 30.0.0 (including the latest) fonts have looked terrible on macOS (Mojave).

http://www.framecompare.com/image-co...rison/YDDPNNNX
Flash_Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 20:23   #278  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Yeah, that's a known problem with Qt 5.12.0 on macOS. Qt 5.12 has other issues, too, but it does solve the very real issue of 5.11 not being usable at all on Mojave in dark mode. Meaning I'll stick with 5.12. I'll definitely update Qt as soon as new versions come out.

Your options are, obviously:
  1. Stay with a version before v30.
  2. Stay with a version after v30 and live with the bad font rendering.
  3. Compile MKVToolNix v30.1.0 yourself against Qt 5.11.x (MKVToolNix is fully compatible with earlier Qt releases down to 5.3 or so).

Old 25th January 2019, 20:59   #279  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

On my Windows7 with font Segoe UI, many labels have spaces in the names, this come from QT5.12?
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2019, 21:46   #280  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, the Windows builds are still using 5.11.x. It was another updated library that's causing this.

Tags
matroska