Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th November 2016, 23:31   #1  |  Link
Ataril

Deep learning of h264

Hi everyone!
Im reading about this standart at the moment, already got acquainted with well-known Richardson's book. But still have a lot of questions!

For example, where can I read about the very beginning of encoding process? Let's say I know that coder gets data already in YUV format, but what is responsible for converting input RGB file containing normal pixels? This functional is a part of codec or otherwise how it is implemented? (or it's all depends on codec?)
As far as I understand even in original ITU-T papers mainly decoder's model are described in details.

Another mistery for me is the motion estimation. I met mentions of Diamon, Hex, UMH and ESA methods for searching the best matching block in the frame (It is still the part of block-matching algorithm, right?), but never met detailed comprehensive explanation what is the difference between all of them or in which case one or the other should be used.
Hope can get some usefull information here.
Correct me if I'm wrong somewhere. I will appreciate any help!
Ataril is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algorithm, codec, h.264, motion estimation