Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th September 2008, 19:34   #1  |  Link
burro08

xvid options

Hi Guys

Im having a problem with xvid, but before i get into it let me say that i have searched and there are no posts that i found that answer what im looking for, so if someone finds one i apologise in advance.. and i own the dvds being discussed....

I have a load of dvds that i want to convert to avi and store on a fat32 hdd for my ps3 and i wont the file size to be around 700mb to get decent quality but not take up to much space.. Plus i cant carry an ex hdd easier than a load o dvds to a friends house for example

I am wondering is the a general settings range for quantization restrictions setting that produce good quality in general from dvd sources? Im not looking for the best just reasonably good..

I have used these settings on a vob that is 1hr 38mins 12 secs long and am using these quant settings 151515 and mpeg as the quant type.. but the outputted file doesn't look gd at all
any suggestions???

Thanks
burro08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avi, settings, virtualdub, xvid