Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th November 2012, 05:31   #1  |  Link
nasair

MKV Tagging/Video Manager...GUI

I've looked all over and tried a few different solutions. What I want is a GUI based video tagger...specifically the more formats the better but MKV, MP4, and AVI are very important. I'd like something that I could also search after I've added tags to my videos so I can find them again, and it would be preferred that the data is written to the files directly. I know windows has some of this functionality but it is a slow process when you want to add lots of different tags for lots of videos. I want to add people's names to home videos and some extra information...think Picasa, or Shotwell, or Adobe Bridge but for videos. Putting the tags and information in the file name would both be slow and not useful as some names would become too long to make transfers and such easy. I've determined that if the program won't save the data to the file, which is preferred, than it is very important that the program can recognize if a file has moved or renamed. If it doesn't I'll lose tag data, which would be a waste of time.

Some examples of programs I've tried that do let me edit tags in at least some formats but either won't let me save the data to the file or search tags are:
avidemux and mkvmerg. mkvtomp4

I don't mind if it is Linux or Windows based as I use both.
I'd like if someone could offer something they've actually used and not just a link, but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited by nasair; 11th November 2012 at 18:37. Reason: Extra Information
nasair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avi, matroska, metadata, mkv, mp4, tagging, video manager, xml