Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 29th March 2021, 20:53   #1  |  Link
602x1023

Editing In VirtualDub

VirtualDub Editing

I have a good VHS capture (AVI) using VirtualDub. In the middle there is a bad 20-second segment that I have no trouble selecting and deleting. (Also, I know that can cut a segment and append it to the end of a video.) No issues there.

The problem: I have a separate VirtualDub capture (identical parameters) from which I wish to cut (or copy) about 20-seconds and insert that segment into my first VirtualDub capture. However, I can find no way, or cannot figure out how, to do this. For example, if I copy the segment from capture #2, close out VirtualDub and then load capture #1 into VirtualDub, the clipboard is empty.

Is it possible using only VirtualDub to copy a segment from capture #2 and place it into capture #1? As an alternative method, would the VirtualDub “Export” / “Import” function be a way to do this?

Obviously, I would not want to re-encode capture #1 more than necessary (since I will want to apply a couple of VirtualDub “Filters” after I insert that 15-second segment).

Thank you for any help.
602x1023 is offline   Reply With Quote