Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2013, 18:21   #2241  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Hi Mosu. I have a problem with windows installer.
For some reason after starting mmg it only appears after 10-15 seconds and it appears behind the active window...
Also fonts in some parts of the gui changed to something ugly...
Edit: basically all text that is "gray", inactive now uses bigger and uglier font (no cleartype support?)
Edit2: also I am talking about English version of the gui and I'm on Japanese locale. Japanese translation never was really beautiful to begin with.
File->Options takes ages to appear too. But some other dialogs, like header editor, are fine.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 28th June 2013 at 18:35.
Old 28th June 2013, 18:34   #2242  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I build against a new version of wxWidgets (the current series, 2.9.x). Unfortunately it's a lot slower than the old one, but that's something you'll have to live with for the time being, I'm afraid. The current series is going to be the new stable series 3.0.x soon enough, and I'm not willing to stay on an old series (2.8.x) indefinitely.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Old 28th June 2013, 18:39   #2243  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Note that the current 6.3.0 Windows builds were done against a slightly out-of-date version of wxWidgets 2.9.x. It also contains a bug that manifests when you drag & drop a file to the "attachments" tab causing mmg to show an error message and quit/crash. I've re-built against the latest 2.9.4 which works regarding the drag & drop issue, but I haven't uploaded it yet. Instead I will try to build another version against the latest from the 2.8 series, 2.8.12, and see if that works better.

In any way expect new Windows builds soon. They'll be identical to the 6.3.0 release but built against a different wxWidgets library version as said above -- meaning they'll also use 6.3.0 and their version number, likely postfixed with "-1" in the installer/portable archive file, but not in the programs themselves.

Old 28th June 2013, 19:36   #2244  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

The new build against wxWidgets 2.8.12 is available now as v6.3.0-1. Drag & drop works well with it as far as I can tell. I'll keep using that version for the time being.

Old 28th June 2013, 23:10   #2245  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Thanks Mosu, this solved the issues for me.
Old 29th June 2013, 20:00   #2246  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

hi mosu

why is the childelement "<ChapProcess>" not supported?

Error: The XML chapter file 'c:\test.xml' contains an error: <ChapProcess> is not a valid child element of <ChapterAtom> at position 590.
Old 29th June 2013, 20:49   #2247  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

That element is called <ChapterProcess> in mmg's XML dialect. Here's the DTD for the XML files listing all know element names.

Old 29th June 2013, 23:28   #2248  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Hi Mosu, when you refer to "unframed" that meaning it. Excuse my ignorance. T_T
Old 30th June 2013, 07:27   #2249  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

AVC/h.264 video bit streams consist of NALUs. Those NALUs can either be separated by certain start codes or they can be prefixed with the NALU's length. Which it is depends on what container they're stored in (see e.g. this description); e.g. raw AVC/h.264 elementary bit streams use start codes while length fields are used when they're stored inside MP4 or Matroska.

mkvmerge has different output modules for those two. "Framed" refers to the output module that accepts tracks that already contain those length fields. For these each memory slice that's handed over to the output module contains a full field or frame (depending on interlacing, of course), meaning those memory slices don't have to be post-processed anymore. The "unframed" output module accepts bits treams that use start codes. For those each memory slice can contain pretty much anything: less than a single frame, exactly one frame or even multiple frames at once. mkvmerge has to find those start codes itself and determine the length fields to add instead.

Old 30th June 2013, 11:31   #2250  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
That element is called <ChapterProcess> in mmg's XML dialect. Here's the DTD for the XML files listing all know element names.
thx,
but 4 childelements of the segmentinfo are missing.

ChapterTranslate 2 [69][24] - * - - m * * * * A tuple of corresponding ID used by chapter codecs to represent this segment.
ChapterTranslateEditionUID 3 [69][FC] - * - - u * * * * Specify an edition UID on which this correspondance applies. When not specified, it means for all editions found in the segment.
ChapterTranslateCodec 3 [69][BF] * - - - u * * * * The chapter codec using this ID (0: Matroska Script, 1: DVD-menu).
ChapterTranslateID 3 [69][A5] * - - - b * * * * The binary value used to represent this segment in the chapter codec data. The format depends on the ChapProcessCodecID used.

could you add this elements?
Old 30th June 2013, 11:46   #2251  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

For segment info files there's a separate DTD (also for tags).

Old 30th June 2013, 12:42   #2252  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
For segment info files there's a separate DTD (also for tags).
nice.

theoretically are all features avalible to generate a "menu.xml".

mmh i will try it.
Old 30th June 2013, 15:34   #2253  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
AVC/h.264 video bit streams consist of NALUs. Those NALUs can either be separated by certain start codes or they can be prefixed with the NALU's length. Which it is depends on what container they're stored in (see e.g. this description); e.g. raw AVC/h.264 elementary bit streams use start codes while length fields are used when they're stored inside MP4 or Matroska.

mkvmerge has different output modules for those two. "Framed" refers to the output module that accepts tracks that already contain those length fields. For these each memory slice that's handed over to the output module contains a full field or frame (depending on interlacing, of course), meaning those memory slices don't have to be post-processed anymore. The "unframed" output module accepts bits treams that use start codes. For those each memory slice can contain pretty much anything: less than a single frame, exactly one frame or even multiple frames at once. mkvmerge has to find those start codes itself and determine the length fields to add instead.
Ok thanks. If I dont undertand bad, would "unframed" output module let split properly changes scene in stream when not exists keyframe?
Old 30th June 2013, 15:44   #2254  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

You cannot split where there are no key frames, no matter what codec/output module.

Old 30th June 2013, 16:16   #2255  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive80 View Post
Ok thanks. If I dont undertand bad, would "unframed" output module let split properly changes scene in stream when not exists keyframe?
If you need to do frame-accurate editing, then take a look at VideoReDo h.264 edition, however, it's not free.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:39   #2256  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

Thanks, 'You can't stop me!' is working fine on wheezy.

mkvmerge GUI question: Is it possible to disable automagical append, when opening a vob ? (I solved it by modifying the generated cli)
Old 1st July 2013, 11:42   #2257  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

No, it isn't.

Old 1st July 2013, 13:45   #2258  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

To elaborate. When you add a file to mmg the additionally processed files will always be added as well. If you don't want to process them you don't have to resort to the command line, though: select the file you've just added and hit the "additional parts" button. There you can remove the parts you don't want processed.

If you're OK with the command line then by all means, chose that route I just wanted to point out an alternative.

Old 1st July 2013, 13:56   #2259  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

Thanks for elaboration, it is working exactly as you described.
Old 3rd July 2013, 00:30   #2260  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

hi mosu

when you have time for watching this files would be nice.

this are files from dvdmenuxtractor.
in the *info.xml (segmentinfo) are elements of <chapterTranslate>
but they will not shown in the mmg's Header Editor.
mmg mux this file without issues.

the *menu.xml (chapters) has a complex structure(DVD-structure) but mmg mux this file without issues.

We may now assume that generates mkv has a dvd-strucure inside.

but the videos dont play well. i have tested Haali, LAV, AV Splitter and MPC- internal splitter.

im sure the problem are the splitters. but maybe mkvmerge is the problem.

i hope you can say that with mkvmerge is all right.

( and then i hope LAV or void(AV Splitter) will add this feature to her splitter^^)

in one of the zips you will find a *.btn file.

can you explain me what it is?
mmg mux it well too.

hubble
Closed Thread