Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2008, 19:41   #4401  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
It seems that eac3to is happy with the TrueHD track, but the libav decoder is not. I've never seen that "[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame" complaint before yet. Funnily now both you and Chouonsoku seem to have this problem within a few minutes of each other - with different movies! Strange...
I am quite sure i came across this error a few days ago with a truehd stream, but can't remember. Nero on the other hand dealed with the track fine.
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:47   #4402  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:

Hmmmmm... Did you download eac3to from my homepage? Did you replace some dlls? If not, I can only guess that it's a bad rip. Or that the TrueHD decoder suddenly stopped working. Or maybe there's a new bug in v2.41?
I have done nothing unusual to the contents of the eac3to folder. I'm reriping it now for some more clarity.
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:48   #4403  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

If anyone can provide a little sample which produces that "[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame" complaint, that would be helpful. I'd then forward it to the libav TrueHD decoder programmer. (If it proves to be a bad rip, this is not necessary, though.)
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:20   #4404  |  Link
Chouonsoku

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nero and I'm still getting an error with the eac3to test for Nero Audio Decoder. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working as I know I've decoded EAC3 tracks with Nero before. =/
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:42   #4405  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

It failed on rerip too. Works fine with nero though. How does one make a sample? Could someone point me to a simple guide?
Also is there a way I can demux only that track? The -demux switch demuxes everything and I don't need to do that again.

Last edited by saint-francis; 23rd April 2008 at 20:46.
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:45   #4406  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
If anyone can provide a little sample which produces that "[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame" complaint, that would be helpful. I'd then forward it to the libav TrueHD decoder programmer. (If it proves to be a bad rip, this is not necessary, though.)
I can't send a sample, because i deleted the ripped movie and i don't have any time to re-rip it... but i remember which movie was it. The Fifth element Remastered Blu-ray.
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:49   #4407  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nero and I'm still getting an error with the eac3to test for Nero Audio Decoder. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working as I know I've decoded EAC3 tracks with Nero before. =/
Can't help you there. You've registered the HD DVD/Blu-Ray plugin, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
It failed on rerip too. Works fine with nero though. How does one make a sample? Could someone point me to a simple guide?
Easiest way would be to use a hexeditor. E.g. this free one:

http://www.mh-nexus.de/

Just remove everything except the first 50MB.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:18   #4408  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
I can't send a sample, because i deleted the ripped movie and i don't have any time to re-rip it... but i remember which movie was it. The Fifth element Remastered Blu-ray.
converted this one to flac already (with a pre-2.41 version though) and had no problems with it, using the standard decoder. did that approx. 1-1,5 months ago. that track is said to be 20-bit btw.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:22   #4409  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
Just remove everything except the first 50MB.
How does one do this exactly? All I see is a screen full of many characters. Some I understand as conventional numbers and letters and some I don't.
Old 23rd April 2008, 21:57   #4410  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
converted this one to flac already (with a pre-2.41 version though) and had no problems with it, using the standard decoder. did that approx. 1-1,5 months ago. that track is said to be 20-bit btw.
I did it with 2.40 i think. I also some tests... It happens only with Blu-ray TrueHD streams. I got this error with Blade Runner just now, but not with a HD DVD i tried.

Madshi, if you don't have any Blu-ray Disc with TrueHD, i 'll send you a sample.

Saint-francis, you just select the first 50 MB and copy-paste them to a new file. It's not necessary to upload the sample, i believe. I can do it, since i found one.

Last edited by nautilus7; 23rd April 2008 at 22:27.
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:14   #4411  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Quote:
IIt happens only with Blu-ray TrueHD streams. I got this error with Blade Runner just now, but not with a HD DVD i tried.
Yes HD DVD TruHD files still work for me. This is the first BD TruHD file I've encountered though.

Quote:
Saint-francis, you just select the first 50 MB and copy-paste them to a new file. It's not necessary to upload the sample, i believe. I can do it, since i find one.
Good, because I can't make heads nor tails out of what this hex editor is telling me. :P
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:15   #4412  |  Link
bsw11

Quote:
If eac3to outputs 2 channels, but you are certain there are 6 channels, then there is a bug somewhere.

Your original track is a vob file? From dvd? Or dts wav cd? I 'm confused... Anyway can you upload a sample of the original track (dts/vob/wav/whatever) that eac3to decodes as 2 channel?

I don't think there is any audio editor that can edit dts tracks without decoding first.
Yes I am 100% certain its a 6 ch DTS wav file.
And as I stated it came from a vob file that was a DTS Audio DVD. - where the audio tracks are on the VIDEO_TS folder and I used VOBORATOR to extract them.

http://alphabase.com/downloads/testDTS.wav is the smallest test file I had.

Thanks for you help on this.
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:53   #4413  |  Link
nautilus7

Are you sure the file is ok? eac3to detects it as wav, not dts wav and i can't play it correctly.

Furthermore, eac3to can deal with vob files directly, so vobrator isn't needed. Try eac3to with the vob files.
Old 23rd April 2008, 23:40   #4414  |  Link
bsw11

Quote:
Are you sure the file is ok? eac3to detects it as wav, not dts wav and i can't play it correctly.

Furthermore, eac3to can deal with vob files directly, so vobrator isn't needed. Try eac3to with the vob files.
I am 100% sure that file plays as a 6 ch dts using zplayer.exe (once its setup correctly).

I did try the VOB and it looks like its going to work - but I don't have the sonic decoder. I do have nero 7 on this PC, but I still get an error:
Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
The DirectShow audio decoder didn't accept the input stream.
Aborted at file position 147456.

Can you provide me with a link to a usable decoder?
I am using ac3dts in zplayer - can eac3to use this?
Old 23rd April 2008, 23:49   #4415  |  Link
nautilus7

Do you have nero HD DVD / blu-ray plug-in bought and registered? If not, you can use the libav decoder that ships with eac3to (-libav option).

The command should be like:

Code:
eac3to input.vob
to get the id number of the audio dts stream, and then:

Code:
eac3to input.vob id_number: output.wavs -libav -resampleto44100

Last edited by nautilus7; 23rd April 2008 at 23:52.
Old 24th April 2008, 00:01   #4416  |  Link
Chouonsoku

Quote:
Can't help you there. You've registered the HD DVD/Blu-Ray plugin, right?
I formatted recently and forgot to do that when I installed Nero. Problem solved.

Still getting the TrueHD error though after decrypting and demuxing RE 3 again. Do you happen to still have 2.40 somewhere so I can see if there error exists with that version?
Old 24th April 2008, 00:51   #4417  |  Link
bsw11

Quote:
Do you have nero HD DVD / blu-ray plug-in bought and registered? If not, you can use the libav decoder that ships with eac3to (-libav option).

The command should be like:

Code:
eac3to input.vob
to get the id number of the audio dts stream, and then:

Code:
eac3to input.vob id_number: output.wavs -libav -resampleto44100
OK - that worked great! - I did not even have to get the id first - your program just figured it out and did the deal.

However your decoder definitely has a bug in that it is not figuring out .wav files that are dts encoded. I have tired a few other files - ones that are already 44k and they have exactly the same problem - they are calling it a 2 ch file - which by the way it is written as a 2ch file to fake out cd players into streaming the 2 channels to a decoder which then decodes the 6 channels. So my guess is that you need more code to figure out that there is really 6 channels there. Hopefully this can get fixed as I have a lot more files already .wav files that I won't be able to split up.

Thanks for you help!
Old 24th April 2008, 00:55   #4418  |  Link
Chouonsoku

Well, whatever problem I had, it's fixed now. I demuxed the m2ts file through eac3to and then opened the TrueHD track without the AC3 track embedded and it's encoding to FLAC now.

Edit: I forgot that I updated to the latest ffdshow nightly build from XXL today. That may or may not have fixed the libav error.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:00   #4419  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
OK - that worked great! - I did not even have to get the id first - your program just figured it out and did the deal.

However your decoder definitely has a bug in that it is not figuring out .wav files that are dts encoded. I have tired a few other files - ones that are already 44k and they have exactly the same problem - they are calling it a 2 ch file - which by the way it is written as a 2ch file to fake out cd players into streaming the 2 channels to a decoder which then decodes the 6 channels. So my guess is that you need more code to figure out that there is really 6 channels there. Hopefully this can get fixed as I have a lot more files already .wav files that I won't be able to split up.

Thanks for you help!

eac3to it's not my program! It's madshi's! He should get all the credit (and the blame ).

Though, what you mention about dts-wav support not being complete might be true. Perhaps madshi can have a look at the sample you uploaded in your previous post...

Last edited by nautilus7; 24th April 2008 at 01:05.
Old 24th April 2008, 01:04   #4420  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
Well, whatever problem I had, it's fixed now. I demuxed the m2ts file through eac3to and then opened the TrueHD track without the AC3 track embedded and it's encoding to FLAC now.

Edit: I forgot that I updated to the latest ffdshow nightly build from XXL today. That may or may not have fixed the libav error.
ffdshow has nothing to do with the libav decoder that eac3to is using.

This truehd decoding bug, i think, isn't libav related, since it works for hd dvd tracks, but an eac3to bug. Furthermore, it was introduced in the recent versions of eac3to, where no libav update was done.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to