Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 21st June 2012, 23:11   #2041  |  Link
8ternity

Sorry Mrc,

Also, did it possible to display the French language translation when i copy the French.lang file into the language folder, i had no preview of hit? Maybe i can preview current translation of parts translated.

Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:22   #2042  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
Did you setup the last recommendations i've give you last time in your to do list?

"Put in minimize all batch processes"?
Still in the ToDo list. Unfortunately I haven't found yet how to force some of the apps (like QuEnc) which does not accept other status than Normal window.

Quote:
For now, i need to finished my current customers because it's the seasons and they need to get refresh as soon as possible for making sales.

Is that possible to add ourself on msn messenger? (in pm(exchange)).
Take your time, no hurry, translation for AVStoDVD must have a low priority. Use your very last free time!

I do not use msn or other messenger apps. No FB page. Just the old Gmail email account (avstodvd@gmail.com). I know, in the days of social networks, I am a sort of vampire...

Quote:
Also, did it possible to display the French language translation when i copy the French.lang file into the language folder, i had no preview of hit? Maybe i can preview current translation of parts translated.
Just copy the new .lang.ini file into the folder and start AVStoDVD 2.5.0 alpha. The new language will appear in the top menu ('View'/'Select Language'). You can even translate just few elements, the not found elements will be replaced with the English equivalents.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 13:05   #2043  |  Link
rippn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
QuEnc is launched, before DVD authoring step, to create the motion DVD menu, if that option is selected. Otherwise QuEnc is not called. No differences between 2.3.4 and 2.4.x releases about that.

Probably with the newer releases (I don't know why, the log could help more), there are some issues when creating DVD menu thumbnails or background images (bmp), just before starting to create the motion DVD meu (m2v) with QuEnc.

Do you get same error using static DVD menu?

Bye
I was definitely doing motion menu's, and did not attempt a static menu as that isn't what I wanted. Sorry been super busy, I will run through a motion menu on the latest release and post a log, and also attempt the same with a static menu and report back.
rippn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 21:54   #2044  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Mrc,

I had issue with AVStoDVD 2.4.2 RC latest;

Error 383
'Text' property is read-only

Sub:*<Load_Title>
Section: <audio>

More: Big Miracle my project.

P.S. [EDIT] i had test with another movies, does the same error.
Old 26th June 2012, 22:02   #2045  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Hi Mrc,

I had issue with AVStoDVD 2.4.2 RC latest;

Error 383
'Text' property is read-only

Sub:*<Load_Title>
Section: <audio>

More: Big Miracle my project.

P.S. [EDIT] i had test with another movies, does the same error.
For Now..... resolved!

- Uninstalled AVStoDVD;
- Re-Install (installer version) 2.5.0 Alpha.

Will add more titles in queue and submit if issues again.
Old 28th June 2012, 23:17   #2046  |  Link
8ternity

Hi Mrc,

I've got no error on 8 movies yesturday, but i had the error has my last post "error 383".

Did you had an idea what cause this error?

Movie Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Old 29th June 2012, 12:48   #2047  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

It was related to some mismatching values stored in Win Registry. It should have been solved in 2.5.0. If not, let me know

Thanks for the report

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 5th July 2012, 15:35   #2048  |  Link
Flux

From some reason AC3 5.1 audio doesn't want to go stereo, if I set channels mode to 2.0

It used to work fine with some earlier versions. I noticed this when sound quality was horrible because I set 192 kbps for stereo, but end result was still 5.1

There is some way to control hard encoded subtitles font? Those subtitles look really fat with default font when the player does the horizontal stretch for anamorphic video. I have to manually put textsub before resize from the avisynth script and they don't look fat anymore, but it adds some blur.

Last edited by Flux; 5th July 2012 at 15:39.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 20:23   #2049  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
From some reason AC3 5.1 audio doesn't want to go stereo, if I set channels mode to 2.0

It used to work fine with some earlier versions. I noticed this when sound quality was horrible because I set 192 kbps for stereo, but end result was still 5.1
See Help/FAQ/Audio/Q4.1

Quote:
There is some way to control hard encoded subtitles font? Those subtitles look really fat with default font when the player does the horizontal stretch for anamorphic video. I have to manually put textsub before resize from the avisynth script and they don't look fat anymore, but it adds some blur.
Not directly in AVStoDVD. But here there are some workarounds.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 6th July 2012, 19:06   #2050  |  Link
Flux

I was probably too vague or missed something. Audio won't downmix from 5.1 to 2.0 when I manually set it that way in AVStoDVD. I checked the modified AC3 with DGIndex and it says 3/2 192 kbps, but I wanted stereo 192 kbps.
Old 6th July 2012, 20:18   #2051  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
I was probably too vague or missed something. Audio won't downmix from 5.1 to 2.0 when I manually set it that way in AVStoDVD. I checked the modified AC3 with DGIndex and it says 3/2 192 kbps, but I wanted stereo 192 kbps.
The FAQ hint is valid anyway, even if the channels scenarios are opposite.

What directshow AC3 filter do you use? If the answer is ffdshow, then AVStoDVD (should) take care of channels configuration, if the answer is something else (i.e. AC3Filter), you have to manually setup the filter mixer to 2.0 channels.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 7th July 2012, 09:14   #2052  |  Link
Flux

Probably ffdshow because I don't have AC3Filter installed. MPCHC shows ffdshow audio processor and LAV audio decoder for DVD playback. When I play AC3 file, there is also MPC DTS/AC3/DD+ Source. I'm using mixer from ffdshow which has been set for 2/0/0 - stereo.

For now, I just downmix the AC3 audio with MeGUI and use that with AVStoDVD. That way I get stereo track for DVD.
Old 7th July 2012, 17:51   #2053  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

1. If you use GraphEdit to render the input title, is ffdshow displayed as audio decoder?

2. Could you please post the project log file?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th July 2012, 14:22   #2054  |  Link
Flux

Project log file as an attached file.

I don't have GraphEdit because it requires SDK installation and not familiar with it either. Maybe later.

With A2Dsource I get stereo downmix. Same with DirectShowSource. FFMpegSource seems to keep 5.1 even when set to 2.0 from AVStoDVD audio setup.

From some reason built-in PAL speedup doesn't work for me. It only changes frame rate, but audio is out of sync. I'm adding AssumeFPS(25,true).SSRC(48000) to the end of the script. A2Dsource and DirectShowSource also requires manual change for their frame rate setting from 25 to 23.976.

I'm using FFMpegSource because it seems to give smoothest videos. Sometimes A2D and DSS produce video stuttering.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DVD_1.txt (4.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 10th July 2012, 00:29   #2055  |  Link
yab_tater

Looping Audio In Menus

I have added a music track to my menu background, but I cannot figure out how to make the track playback loop. Right now in my DVDs, the track plays once, reaches the end, and then dead silence. I am using a static background in my DVDs. Thanks for having a look.
yab_tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 22:36   #2056  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Flux

with A2DSource and DSS you get downmix because output audio channels configuration is driven by the direcshow filter mixer (i.e. ffdshow). FFMS instead needs a proper audio channels remixing using AviSynth. In the next release I will add this capability (thanks to Tebasuna downmix functions ).

PAL SpeedUp works only if input video is detected as 23.976 fps. In your project the input source is VFR (variable frame rate). But you can force AVStoDVD to believe that source title has 23.976 fps. Just use 'Title'/'Edit Source Title Info'/'Video FrameRate' option. Remember to toggle on 'PAL SpeedUp' from 'Preferences'/'AviSynth' before adding the source title.

@yab_tater

if menu is Static, then audio will not loop. To have menu looping you have to make a Motion menu, with video and audio.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th July 2012, 22:29   #2057  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
It was related to some mismatching values stored in Win Registry. It should have been solved in 2.5.0. If not, let me know

Thanks for the report

Bye
I will download it again and tested again and let you know when possible.

thanks.
Old 13th July 2012, 09:54   #2058  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Ability to set "Target Video FileSize:" ?

Hello, MrC!

I was wondering if there is any "user handle" for being able to set the "Target Video FileSize:" size parameter, that gets passed for each video, to Hcenc, by AVS2DVD prior to encoding?

Here's my situation, and the resulting problem, and my current work-around:

I'm building a series of DVD videos for my Thai English students, which include 5 videos on each DVD:
DVD Menu of "I, Robot", my latest project
1) Trailer
2) The Making Of ...
3) OST Original Soundtrack Music
4) Main Movie, with 2 subtitles available
5) Main Movie with burned in DUAL subtitles

Here's my problem: the OST really consists of a single jpg slide that's just a static CD album picture, non-changing throughout the hour-long music album.

Since it's just a static slide, (and the music is what's important) it really doesn't need more than about a 400 maximum bit rate, and 200 bit rate, to look fine.

I know I can set these 2 values by having the "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at Runtime" checked, and then modifying the HCenc Command INI file "MAXBITRATE" and "BITRATE" settings.

The results of the OST file are fine, because, as you know, it is possible by using these settings, to REDUCE the SIZE of the resultant m2v file below the initial file size parameter "Target Video FileSize:" that you pass to Hcenc.

The PROBLEM is (in the case of the MAIN Movies) that you can't use these same (HCenc Command INI file "MAXBITRATE" and "BITRATE") settings to EXPAND the size (or bit rates used) beyond what was passed as "Target Video FileSize:" to Hcenc.

Thus, you can shrink the file size, but you can't expand the file size, using the Hcenc ini menu. Apparently the "Target Video FileSize:" parameter sets a "hard ceiling" upon the encoding process within Hcenc, not allowing the resultant file size to expand beyond this setting, no matter WHAT larger numbers you pump into the "MAXBITRATE" and "BITRATE" settings.

Since AVS2DVD performs the initial file size estimates apparently based upon the DURATION of each video, the estimate for the OST "movie" file size is MUCH LARGER than required, and thus the AVS2DVD estimate for the file size of the MAIN movies is MUCH SMALLER than desired.

Thus I end up with a DVD with a GB or so of empty space, and lower-than-desired quality on the main movies.

My current work-around is:

1) I perform an encoding process using the defaults of AVS2DVD.

2) I save the satisfactory results of the "Trailer" and "The Making of..." m2v video file for the final muxman process, in the end.

3) I create, manually, using AVS2DVD (and Hcenc), the proper size OST Video m2v video file, (manually setting the Hcenc ini settings for the proper small file size), and .ac3 file, and save these .m2v and .ac3 files, for the final muxman process at the end.

4) I then look at the log file to see what the estimated file size was going to be for the OST video.Then I try to calculate what size a fake OST file would be needed to be to produce the desired results of getting the correct file sizes ("Target Video FileSize:") for the two main videos. This gets complicated by the fact that once I reduce the size of the OST video file (with the fake file) the AVS2DVD program also boosts the size of the TRAILER video and the "The Making Of" videos, larger too! {headache forming lol}

5) I create this fake OST video, then make a new AVS2DVD project again, setting up the DVD menu, and run AVS2DVD again, with the "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at Runtime" ticked. I close every Hcenc ini menu that comes up, accepting the defaults.

6) When the menu for MuxMan comes up, I stop... and go to where I stored the Trailer, OST, and "The Making Of..." files, (including the chapters.txt file for the OST, which I've customized with the actual start locations of each music piece) and RENAME the files to the same name as the current project. I SAVE all of the current project files off in temporary storage, then overwrite the current project files with the previously stored Trailer, OST and "Making" video, audio, and chapter files. Then I close the MuxMan menu screen, so the AVS2DVD process can complete.

7) Then I manually use ImageBurn to burn a DVD ISO image, to test the results: Fits on a single 4.7GB DVD? Not too much slack space on the DVD?

8) If unsatisfactory results, then I must resize the Fake OST video AGAIN, and refresh the OST video in the AVS2DVD project (so the NEW Fake OST file size will be used in the next attempt) then rebuild the DVD Menu again, which got destroyed by refreshing the OST video.

9) Go back to mid-step 5 and repeat.

Clearly... so many variables are involved that this ends up being somewhat a trial-and-error process, VERY time consuming (as each project attempt takes 3 hours minimum) and a number of attempts, while fine tuning the end result.

It would be SO great if I could just specify the desired "Target Video FileSize:" right off the bat, since I already KNOW what I want, at the beginning.

Since the behavior of Hcenc doesn't allow me (via the MaxBitRate and BitRate .ini file settings) to create a LARGER file size than specified in the AVS2DVD "Target Video FileSize:" parameter, I'm forced to jump through these many many hoops just in order to trick the AVS2DVD program to send a LARGER "Target Video FileSize:" parameter to the Hcenc program.

Any chance for a manual "handle" on "Target Video FileSize:"?

As always, thanks for your wonderful AVS2DVD program, with the splendid DVD Menu. I am very appreciative of this fine program of yours.

Respectfully,
Gerald

Last edited by Pawpcorn; 13th July 2012 at 11:20.
Pawpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 11:22   #2059  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi there again Gerald,

I'm very happy to read you are still using AVStoDVD to create educational DVD for your students.

About the issue, have you tried simply changing manually the avg video bitrate:
- 'Edit Title'/'Video'
- toggle off 'Auto Video Setup' and 'Auto Bitrate'
- change default bitrate as you want

Doing that, you will get also legal output size decrease/increase and the cop "Target Video FileSize" will let you pass.

Let me know

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th July 2012, 13:52   #2060  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Quote:
Hi there again Gerald,

I'm very happy to read you are still using AVStoDVD to create educational DVD for your students.

About the issue, have you tried simply changing manually the avg video bitrate:
- 'Edit Title'/'Video'
- toggle off 'Auto Video Setup' and 'Auto Bitrate'
- change default bitrate as you want

Doing that, you will get also legal output size decrease/increase and the cop "Target Video FileSize" will let you pass.

Let me know

Bye
OMG I can't believe I NEVER NOTICED this series of menus before!!!! Oh man......!!!!!!

I'm so glad I wrote you! This last project almost "did me in'!!!

I looks exactly like what I needed to do all along, (almost like the menus were written for my exact problem and frustration!) and I am flabbergasted and speechless!!! Words fail me! {which is rare!} hahhaaha

I haven't tried the new menus yet, but I WILL, soon, in the next few days, and I'll get back to you with the results!

Thanks for the kind words and the advice on how to control this size/bitrate business!!!

Take care,
Gerald
Pawpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote