Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th August 2014, 01:18   #7901  |  Link
Keridos

I cannot get the movie to play properly, and even after updating most of the executables in the tools subfolder I still get avs4x264.exe has stopped working when trying to transcode them. Anyone got an idea on how to fix that?

Last edited by Keridos; 26th August 2014 at 01:33.
Keridos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 07:33   #7902  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keridos View Post
I cannot get the movie to play properly, and even after updating most of the executables in the tools subfolder I still get avs4x264.exe has stopped working when trying to transcode them. Anyone got an idea on how to fix that?
MultiAVCHD is not a video converter (or whatever all-in-one software) - it was designed primarily to make BD-compliant videos playable on a PlayStation 3. The rest was a bonus, like subtitles, uncropping and so on.

Your problem should be solved by ensuring the videos are BD-compliant.
Old 26th August 2014, 10:36   #7903  |  Link
Keridos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
MultiAVCHD is not a video converter (or whatever all-in-one software) - it was designed primarily to make BD-compliant videos playable on a PlayStation 3. The rest was a bonus, like subtitles, uncropping and so on.

Your problem should be solved by ensuring the videos are BD-compliant.
So i would just have to retranscode the bugged x264 stream (? which is it apparently) to 25p? How does 1920x1080i/25p even work, is that interlaced or progressive, or did the original author do something quirky there?
Keridos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 16:54   #7904  |  Link
Music Fan

25p is not supposed to be BD compliant but actually it generally works.

Quote:
even after updating most of the executables in the tools subfolder
I'm not sure it is a really good idea because I changed TSmuxer by curiosity and the resulting AVCHD was not playable, while the same project worked with the old TSmuxer version installed by multiAVCHD.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 21:28   #7905  |  Link
Richard1485

Quote:
How does 1920x1080i/25p even work, is that interlaced or progressive, or did the original author do something quirky there?
25p for BD is flagged as interlaced even though it is progressive. There's a setting in x264 for this. Go here.
Old 26th August 2014, 22:02   #7906  |  Link
Music Fan

Yes, that's the best thing to do but if one has already encoded in 25p without this flag, it will work on most players anyway.
Old 30th August 2014, 19:59   #7907  |  Link
nikknightt

Anybody know how to add multiple avchd folders to a flash drive so they will properly play on ps3?
Typically I just author multiple titles together with multiavchd and copy the avchd folder to the root of the flash drive..
My question is about adding new avchd folders periodically with the previous folders still on the drive.
Is there a numbering sequence that will work? Thanks.
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 23:32   #7908  |  Link
nikknightt

This tool works great on my Win 7 64bit Desktop but just installed it onto a new Thinkpad laptop with same OS.. After loading a 720p.ts file it takes forever to go to properties. It creates a .ffindex file before it will proceed..

I have the same k-lite codecs installed as the desktop and multitest passes.. Any ideas on how to skip the indexing step?

EDIT- Ok, I unchecked 'Use FFms2 instead of Directshow' and it seems to have fixed it.. To all of you who know more about this than I do - Is that the solution?

Last edited by nikknightt; 29th September 2014 at 23:42.
nikknightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 10:48   #7909  |  Link
hello_hello

ffms2 always indexes video before opening it. DirectShow doesn't. ffms2 should be frame accurate. DirectShow tends not to be (when navigating back and forward in a video etc). If you're encoding a video from start to finish, DirectShow should be fine. Maybe the indexing process takes longer when using a laptop as it has a slower hard drive than the desktop?

Keep in mind if you have any of ffdshow's video filters enabled (I'm assuming you have ffdshow installed... I can't remember whether it's still included in K-Lite) they can effect the video decoding. Assuming ffdshow is decoding. For example, if you enable the ffdshow picture properties filter and adjust the contrast or brightness etc, it'll be adjusted when you re-encode also. I've done that many times in the past..... encoded video before realising I hadn't disabled ffdshow's filtering first. Of course if you never enable ffdshow's filters, or LAV or another DirectShow codec is doing the decoding, it won't be an issue.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 21:38   #7910  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Sigh, did a fresh Windows install and now eac3to inside multiavchd won't encode audio in any way. I take that back, if it does decide to encode any audio it drops any 5.1 DTS or AC3 track down to 128kbps. It won't do anything at all with DTS-HD or TrueHD, all conversions just fail and will only mux in the audio untouched. Any audio files in mkv container have never really worked to begin with if I wanted to transcode the audio. Most files I have to mux into m2ts so the audio is recognized and then add in chapter file separately. Even in an m2ts container I cannot get eac3to to do anything with my audio other than downconvert it to AC3 @ 128kbps?

Any idea what's going on? I have installed ffdshow, avisynth, and haali just like always and still no joy. Right now I just have LAV filters installed and I can still encode a video but can't doing anything with audio so I do that separately in audiomuxer, which is a pain.
buffalofloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 23:01   #7911  |  Link
Capsbackup

Have you tried this?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171377
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 04:54   #7912  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Yes, well I don't think I explained myself very well. For instance. I have a BD rip with a DTS-HD or TrueHD track and I want to convert it to let's say a AC3 @ 448. I cannot achieve this anymore. If I take a AC3 @ 640 or DTS @ 1500 and want to lower it to a AC3 @448 or 256 or whatever, its is not allowing me to do it, or if it does it is always lowering it to AC3 @ 128.

Did I just complicate it even more?
Old 22nd November 2014, 11:10   #7913  |  Link
Music Fan

Actually multiAVCHD has some bugs and is really outdated, it should be used only for authoring, not encoding.
To re-encode sound, you can use eac3to, its command lines are quite simple.
Old 22nd November 2014, 22:25   #7914  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Actually multiAVCHD has some bugs and is really outdated, it should be used only for authoring, not encoding.
To re-encode sound, you can use eac3to, its command lines are quite simple.
Yes, I do realize this. It's just irritating because I had it all working before and now it's not. I wish the program would get updated but it does not look like that's going to happen, and that's very unfortunate as it is a fantastic program when it works correctly.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:42   #7915  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
Yes, I do realize this. It's just irritating because I had it all working before and now it's not. I wish the program would get updated but it does not look like that's going to happen, and that's very unfortunate as it is a fantastic program when it works correctly.
Agreed. There's nothing similar out there and AFAIK no one has anything like it in development. Unfortunately, I don't think it is open source and the author seems to have disappeared.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 19:33   #7916  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it is open source and the author seems to have disappeared.
deank hasn't been on the forum in over 2 years. And the last time was after a long absence . Anyone know what happened to him?
Old 10th December 2014, 10:46   #7917  |  Link
Music Fan

IIRC, he said 2 or 3 years ago that he was involving in another project.
Here is his website ;
http://deanbg.com/
Old 10th December 2014, 19:15   #7918  |  Link
setarip_old

At that time, he was redirecting his efforts to Playstation "mods"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 23:53   #7919  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Thanks to you both.....I've been wondering.

He was such a big help on the forum and very, very knowledgeable.
Old 10th February 2015, 14:49   #7920  |  Link
kosdion

Strange behaviout for multiavchd

Hello,
I use multiavchd for a long time.
Suddenly I noticed something strange.
Although I see on main menu preview the buttons (box with colors), when I play my final AVCHD disk (folder from PC) I see an arrow at the same color and I have no pop up menu (even though I choose it from the beggining of my project).
Few days ago, I didn't have any problem.
Has anyone else the same problem or might know what cause it?
(I install it to another PC and I have the same result)
kosdion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author