Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th January 2019, 03:57   #28301  |  Link
AmigaFuture

MrVideo.. You beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all hi Jdobbs I have Passengers in UHD and I need to convert to...[snip].
JD is working on UHD support. He's not finished. It has been typed about for a while now. He'll release an update when he's ready.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 16th January 2019 at 04:01.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 10:58   #28302  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Wait for JD to release a new version that will allow for UHD to BD backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
MrVideo.. You beat me to it.

JD is working on UHD support. He's not finished. It has been typed about for a while now. He'll release an update when he's ready.
Thank you for let me clear, I thought since release 60.01 UHD support was just ready on Bd rebuilder, of course with eventually errors etc that Jdobbs in time will fix it

So guys for get clear you´re saying Bd rebuilder so far doesn´t support UHD?
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 11:41   #28303  |  Link
MrVideo

There are issues that JD is trying to resolve.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 14:47   #28304  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Thank you for let me clear, I thought since release 60.01 UHD support was just ready on Bd rebuilder, of course with eventually errors etc that Jdobbs in time will fix it

So guys for get clear you´re saying Bd rebuilder so far doesn´t support UHD?
I know from usage that UHD Disc rip to Alt Movie Only MKV works (can down convert resolution too).

My understanding of UHD Disc rip to BD-Disc (which I haven't tried) is that it works sometimes, but there are still issues that jdobbs continues to work on.

But it looks like you are trying to import a UHD resolution MKV, and turn that into a BD-Disc? I don't recall if that was ever said to be working.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2019, 18:11   #28305  |  Link
AmigaFuture

That's part of the challenge. I think BD-Rebuilder is currently limited to ~50 GB imports? But that's probably a poor guess since Mark indicates it'll make a BD resolution MKV. So, somewhere along the process is what JD knows that we're missing. I don't understand all the programming technical BD creation stuff he's typed before but I am glad he shares it so we can learn.
Old 16th January 2019, 22:33   #28306  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
I know from usage that UHD Disc rip to Alt Movie Only MKV works (can down convert resolution too).

My understanding of UHD Disc rip to BD-Disc (which I haven't tried) is that it works sometimes, but there are still issues that jdobbs continues to work on.

But it looks like you are trying to import a UHD resolution MKV, and turn that into a BD-Disc? I don't recall if that was ever said to be working.
You mean if I import a UHD MKV and convert it to a another MKV but full hd resolution with intact audio it works?
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 01:38   #28307  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
You mean if I import a UHD MKV and convert it to a another MKV but full hd resolution with intact audio it works?
Correct. Rerendering UHD to BD structure is not functional at the moment. MKV import to MKV out resized to 1080p is. As Mark_Venture typed. So the work-around for now is..Import MKV, output with resize, and them import again to make BD.

Edited: After reading Mark's reply again, nope..not Import. But rather using the disc rip. 2 very different things from a programming view. So, you'd have to use the UHD rip..not UHD MKV..but...give it a shot.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 17th January 2019 at 01:47.
Old 17th January 2019, 17:07   #28308  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Edited: After reading Mark's reply again, nope..not Import. But rather using the disc rip. 2 very different things from a programming view. So, you'd have to use the UHD rip..not UHD MKV..but...give it a shot.
Correct...

I was trying to say I can rip a UHD Disc to hard drive folder (using DVDFab Passkey, AnyDVD or the Backup function in MakeMKV, including structure, etc.), then use BD-RB to convert that disc rip to a UHD resolution MKV with Intact Audio, and it works.

It was my understanding, based on past posts, that BD-RB can't shrink a UHD Disc to a BD-25, BD-9, BD-5, etc.

I've never tried taking a UHD Resolution MKV (such as output by selecting a title in MakeMKV, or recorded with my video camera), and having BD-RB import it then output it as a lower resolution MKV file OR a disc structure. I don't know if that is supposed to work. I've never read any postings about starting by importing a UHD MKV, and I've never thought of doing that. Every UHD source I have is a disc, so I'd rather use the original. And I have UHD capable video editors to resize/re-encode anything I shot in UHD on my phone or video camera.

@Blurayhd I read your post as if you have a UHD resolution MKV (possibly by selecting an individual title to output in MakeMKV maybe? since the title is Passengers) and tried to import that MKV into BD-RB and create either a 1080p Bluray disc or a 1080p MKV... If that is correct, I don't think that function in BD-RB is working yet. (And I don't know if BD-RB will ever down convert from UHD to HD Disc)

If your goal is to end up with a HD MKV, then rip your UHD Disc (structure) to hard drive, and use BD-RB's Alt-Movie Only backup feature, and select the correct profile that meets your needs.

If you are trying to convert a UHD Disc to a HD disc, then I don't know if you can do that. I just know that UHD Disc backup/shrink was still experimental, had issues and being worked on.
Old 18th January 2019, 06:20   #28309  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I left Apple for Samsung S9, but I still have my Apple devices. Apple still hamstrings the user way, way, wayyyyyy too much for my preferences.. I forgot that I'm able to take UHD video with this device. I'll join together some video/audio and test for myself. As for discs, I don't need beyond 1080p... I can already see "artist" affects I didn't see before accepting 1080p. LOL! (Yes, I do it when I type it..it's not just a something to type..) "Wall-E" was why I decided 1080p is pretty cool as an example for movies. But beyond that; Mars and other non-dramatic stuff rocks.
Old 18th January 2019, 06:49   #28310  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I left Apple for Samsung S9, but I still have my Apple devices. Apple still hamstrings the user way, way, wayyyyyy too much for my preferences.. I forgot that I'm able to take UHD video with this device. I'll join together some video/audio and test for myself. As for discs, I don't need beyond 1080p... I can already see "artist" affects I didn't see before accepting 1080p. LOL! (Yes, I do it when I type it..it's not just a something to type..) "Wall-E" was why I decided 1080p is pretty cool as an example for movies. But beyond that; Mars and other non-dramatic stuff rocks.
HERE'S YOUR APPLE!

Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 09:01   #28311  |  Link
mparade

Hello,

Is multiple instance processing available with FrimEncode?

My processor utilization is at around 15% at the moment.

Thank you for an advice.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 14:31   #28312  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Hello,

Is multiple instance processing available with FrimEncode?

My processor utilization is at around 15% at the moment.

Thank you for an advice.
If you are using FRIM with a compatible GPU, the workload is offloaded from the CPU to the GPU. You may want to check your GPU's utilization.

@All -- I've been spending my time on another higher priority (read: income producing/food on the table) project. I'll get back to BD-RB when time permits. I also probably won't be on the site as often as I have been for a little while. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2019, 14:39   #28313  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@jdobbs you remember that "special" build you made for me with that QuickSync hw encoding switch. Do you remember the build version of it? I recently upgraded my "old" 6700k to a whopping 9900k!!! and want to test if it makes any difference if the 99900k will also still have the glitching.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 19:55   #28314  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
food on the table project...
Well... of all the self-serving...
Old 18th January 2019, 20:57   #28315  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
@All -- I've been spending my time on another higher priority (read: income producing/food on the table) project. I'll get back to BD-RB when time permits. I also probably won't be on the site as often as I have been for a little while. Thanks.
Totally understandable. No Worries... Do your thing!!
Old 18th January 2019, 22:20   #28316  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Best to be selfish first..keep yourself doing well and those close to you, then help others when you're able. We'll be here, if Lathe doesn't go postal on everyone first.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 19th January 2019 at 19:31. Reason: Spelling Error.
Old 18th January 2019, 22:23   #28317  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Best to be selfish fist..keep yourself doing well and those close to you, then help others when you're able. We'll be here, if Lathe doesn't go postal on everyone first.
I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!

Old 19th January 2019, 00:11   #28318  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Best to be selfish fist.
Fist?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 01:03   #28319  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Fist?
Sorry, did you say 'Fist'...

Dude, if ANYONE is going to find a spelling error, it will be YOU!

On your deathbed, if you are Catholic, with a priest performing Last Rites, you would likely gather your strength just enough to correct his Latin...
Old 19th January 2019, 19:32   #28320  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Fist?
Appreciate the catch....and corrected. I would have caught it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Sorry, did you say 'Fist'...

Dude, if ANYONE is going to find a spelling error, it will be YOU!

On your deathbed, if you are Catholic, with a priest performing Last Rites, you would likely gather your strength just enough to correct his Latin...
I do it also, but I remain silent often.

I can think of so many other things to correct besides their Latin. Ha, ha, ha!! But anyway, careful, this subject is more tender to many than politics. Moving on.. I think it's good for JD to refocus in some other ways for a bit.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 19th January 2019 at 19:56.