Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th August 2010, 01:05   #9221  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@DarWun

Hi! (Just a guess) Did you happen to notice the Language labels as they now appeared? Were they labeled as the two English streams you'd selected?
Both tracks I had selected were English. When viewing the streams during a batch encode, one of the streams was English and the other was French.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 01:30   #9222  |  Link
setarip_old

@DarWun

Did you let BD-RB do its full processing? If so, what was the actual end result regarding the selected audiostreams?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 02:19   #9223  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
For some reason I doubt it, to be honest. I'm running BD-RB at Normal priority and it's the only application running on the encoding rig (apart from Windows' own stuff, naturally). There's nothing stopping it from using more CPU that I'm aware of.
The first pass just isn't as demanding as the second and doesn't use as much processor speed.

What I could do when possible (where there is more than one M2TS to encode) is do the first pass of more than one job at a time... I'll take a look and see how hard that would be to do.
Old 15th August 2010, 02:28   #9224  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The first pass just isn't as demanding as the second and doesn't use as much processor speed.

What I could do when possible (where there is more than one M2TS to encode) is do the first pass of more than one job at a time... I'll take a look and see how hard that would be to do.
That would simple be fantastic. No doubt it would speed up the backing up process a lot
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 03:44   #9225  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
@ebjones

Please note this quote from the first post of this thread:Continually posting to try and give your problem priority will simply get it ignored.
I was not trying to circumvent the "system". I posted the bug over a week ago and received almost no response. Meanwhile, I've noted that several other bugs were reported and addressed. I prefaced my original message by admitting I was not sure if my post was following the correct protocol. I wasn't aware if I was doing something wrong that caused my post to be summarily ignored. Whether a solution was known or not, it would be nice to at least have the issue acknowledged/addressed so I'm not wondering what is going on. I mean how hard is it to say, "hey dude, i've never seen that let me get back 2 u" or "u know what, right now that's a ps3 issue and not a priority concern on this site" or a simple "dunno". Something... other than a reprimand to someone who patiently read thru hundreds of pages of bugs before even deciding to join so I could post a question and then had to wait 5 days to address the issue in the forum and then once was able to post waited several days w/o a word before resubmitting the information.
ebjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 04:26   #9226  |  Link
pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@pasadena;

You must have missed the very first post, page 1, same place you downloaded BD-RB.
Thanks for pointing out the revision of ffdshow I was using and I was aware I was using a more recent version but didn't think this would make a difference.

In any case, I installed the version as described on page 1 and ran 3 separate runs of Nanny Mcphee, Nanny Mcphee and the Big Bang and Dark Knight and all returned the same results as my first run of all three.

Nanny Mcphee and the Big Bang still plays back jerky/jittery on the PS3 and Nanny Mcphee failed to retrieve audio, aborted.

I'm going to re-run Dark Knght as I noticed some settings were not set when I re-installed the correct version of ffdshow so I'll do a re-run and post results when done.

I look forward to the official release as this is a great product to support. Well done Jdobbs and greatly appreciate your work and help.

Cheers
Pasadena

Last edited by pasadena; 15th August 2010 at 08:50.
pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 05:33   #9227  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjones View Post
I was not trying to circumvent the "system". I posted the bug over a week ago and received almost no response. Meanwhile, I've noted that several other bugs were reported and addressed. I prefaced my original message by admitting I was not sure if my post was following the correct protocol. I wasn't aware if I was doing something wrong that caused my post to be summarily ignored. Whether a solution was known or not, it would be nice to at least have the issue acknowledged/addressed so I'm not wondering what is going on. I mean how hard is it to say, "hey dude, i've never seen that let me get back 2 u" or "u know what, right now that's a ps3 issue and not a priority concern on this site" or a simple "dunno". Something... other than a reprimand to someone who patiently read thru hundreds of pages of bugs before even deciding to join so I could post a question and then had to wait 5 days to address the issue in the forum and then once was able to post waited several days w/o a word before resubmitting the information.
Typical. You act as if I "owe" you a response while you're using my free software at the expense of hundreds of hours of my time. People like you are exactly why I put that note in the first post of this thread. I don't know why I waste my time writing the software or debugging so that unappreciative people like yourself can take upon themselves to "correct" me when I ask nicely that they not post the same bug report multiple times...

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th August 2010 at 05:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 09:36   #9228  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
That would definitely fall in the "awesome" category
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 10:15   #9229  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Typical. You act as if I "owe" you a response while you're using my free software at the expense of hundreds of hours of my time. People like you are exactly why I put that note in the first post of this thread. I don't know why I waste my time writing the software or debugging so that unappreciative people like yourself can take upon themselves to "correct" me when I ask nicely that they not post the same bug report multiple times...
Wow... Unappreciative? I reported a bug. I was told by other members that I didn't post it right and I'd have to wait for my attachment to be approved. Upon hearing no other feedback, I re-posted trying to make sure I submitted the info as instructed. I hear nothing back from anyone. I send u a private pm asking if I was submitting the info correctly as noone was even acknowledging that I had asked a question about the software. No answer. So I submit the info a final time, double-checking that the info is as concise as possible and looks like all the other bugs I'm seeing reported and answered. I get scolded for posting the same issue too many times. And when I point out that maybe as a courtesy u could've at least addressed my issue even if to say u don't have time to look into it, you seem to find the time to tell me off.

Ur right. I don't appreciate that you ignored several of my posts only finally responding to tell me "nicely" that you would ignore me. Ur behaving as if I spammed the site numerous times within a 24 hr period. It's been nearly two weeks since I reported the issue and nothing I posted, save the last 2 perhaps, was anything but polite and unassuming. In that time I've patiently waited while others reported issues and had answers or at least feedback within hours if not minutes. Any issues I've had prior to the one I reported I worked out myself either thru trial and error or by reading thru the pages of this forum. On behalf of all my "kind", I apologize for the unreasonable expectation of at least receiving a response when I finally asked for help. U know people like "me" have purchased/donated for software they could have gotten elsewhere for free. Perhaps if u spent half the amount of time looking into my issue as u have chastising me, u would find that others like "myself" would be happy to show their appreciation for the hours u invest.
Old 15th August 2010, 10:25   #9230  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
I reported a bug.
Yes, and he will get to it, eventually. You don't think he's got nothing else to do besides wrestling with BD-RB? Take a deep breath and chill.
Old 15th August 2010, 11:59   #9231  |  Link
longtom

TSMUXER could not resize, adjusting

I have a problem with 34.07 with Win7 in Parallels 5 VM.
Within the extracting A/V stream (from an other internal HDD) there comes the message TSMUXER could not resize, adjusting.
With the second try i get sometimes a BlueScreen.
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 13:21   #9232  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
Thanks for pointing out the revision of ffdshow I was using and I was aware I was using a more recent version but didn't think this would make a difference.

In any case, I installed the version as described on page 1 and ran 3 separate runs of Nanny Mcphee, Nanny Mcphee and the Big Bang and Dark Knight and all returned the same results as my first run of all three.

Nanny Mcphee and the Big Bang still plays back jerky/jittery on the PS3 and Nanny Mcphee failed to retrieve audio, aborted.

I'm going to re-run Dark Knght as I noticed some settings were not set when I re-installed the correct version of ffdshow so I'll do a re-run and post results when done.

I look forward to the official release as this is a great product to support. Well done Jdobbs and greatly appreciate your work and help.

Cheers
Pasadena
Why would you think that the version would not make a difference. If it did not make a difference jdobbs would not have wasted his time writing the first post of the thread, which it is very obvious that you did not read.
By the way, where is your source material coming from? Since Nanny McPhee has not been released on blu-ray yet, I have to wonder where you acquired the movie from??
Are all your source rips from the original disc?
bluestarCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 14:26   #9233  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Wow... Unappreciative? I reported a bug. I was told by other members that I didn't post it right and I'd have to wait for my attachment to be approved. Upon hearing no other feedback, I re-posted trying to make sure I submitted the info as instructed. I hear nothing back from anyone. I send u a private pm asking if I was submitting the info correctly as noone was even acknowledging that I had asked a question about the software. No answer. So I submit the info a final time, double-checking that the info is as concise as possible and looks like all the other bugs I'm seeing reported and answered. I get scolded for posting the same issue too many times. And when I point out that maybe as a courtesy u could've at least addressed my issue even if to say u don't have time to look into it, you seem to find the time to tell me off.

Ur right. I don't appreciate that you ignored several of my posts only finally responding to tell me "nicely" that you would ignore me. Ur behaving as if I spammed the site numerous times within a 24 hr period. It's been nearly two weeks since I reported the issue and nothing I posted, save the last 2 perhaps, was anything but polite and unassuming. In that time I've patiently waited while others reported issues and had answers or at least feedback within hours if not minutes. Any issues I've had prior to the one I reported I worked out myself either thru trial and error or by reading thru the pages of this forum. On behalf of all my "kind", I apologize for the unreasonable expectation of at least receiving a response when I finally asked for help. U know people like "me" have purchased/donated for software they could have gotten elsewhere for free. Perhaps if u spent half the amount of time looking into my issue as u have chastising me, u would find that others like "myself" would be happy to show their appreciation for the hours u invest.
Here's some advice. Don't go away mad... just go away. I've seen people like you before... blah, blah, blah... I love to hear myself talk and I can type paragraph after paragraph explaining why I'm always right... blah, blah, blah. You're a cartoon.

Meanwhile I'll go back to doing useful work on BD-RB while we all wait with bated breath for your next ridiculous diatribe.

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th August 2010 at 14:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 15:08   #9234  |  Link

Quote:
noone was even acknowledging that I had asked a question about the software
That's an outright lie. setarip_old responded to you and you even thanked him for it.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...36#post1423136

Also, maybe you can get more respect if you drop the kiddie-speak": "u", "ur", etc.

Further discussion about this should be taken to PM.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 17:50   #9235  |  Link
setarip_old

@bluestarCVO

Hi!

The questions you ask of "Pasadena" have already been asked (but not directly answered) twice before at:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9207

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=9216
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 18:28   #9236  |  Link
Hookahice

PS3 Black Screen Issue

Quote:
......I have recently ran into a problem backing up "The Warlords". My PS3 recognizes my BD-R and it appears to start, but then the screen goes blank/black and I'm unable to do anything except quit the movie.......
Hey there ebjones!

First of all, chillout!!!! Let's not make jdobbs engry... He is the freaking reason we are able to do what we do here using his knowledge and code! Let's keep this project going and be thankfull it has reached thus far!!!
And please remember, it’s not Dell Customer service center here... not everybody has the same environment/configuration so things that you may consider as bug(s) might be just on your side...no reason to get impatient.

Anyways, you are describing an exact same issue that I have seen before with PS3,,, Although this happened to me a while back so I can’t remember exactly what I did or which movie it was... (damn it!!!)
When inserting a movie (25GB encoded, tried both movie-only and full) into the PS3, the screen goes blank/black without the ability to do anything. Another movie did the same thing (blank/black screen) but audio was playing...
You might want to try and press "Select" on your PS3 controller to see what your PS3 is able to decode - this is an example of a movie that goes blank/black screen and plays music:

As you can see the PS3 is unable to even decode or recognize the Video codec used in the movie and therefor not playing the video.

All I remember is that this is not consistent or pertaining to a specific codec... to better troubleshoot this, I should probably extract the information using BDEdit from the Blu-Ray movie that goes blank/black and do the same for the same movie that was successful (plays both audio and video) and see the differences (if any).
I will let you know if I find anything...or better yet, remember what I did to fix it...I just didn't run into this problem lately so it has been a while since I last encounter this issue...

Just a side question, have you tried using Movie-Only Backup? Or just Full Backup as your log describes? same results?
Hookahice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 20:09   #9237  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Just one more slap on the hindquarters of this mare: what's stopping the first pass from using all available processor power and finishing sooner? It kinda flies in the face of logic that a math-intensive application would rather not use all the available CPU. Is there a bottleneck somewhere?
Old 15th August 2010, 21:28   #9238  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
That's an outright lie. setarip_old responded to you and you even thanked him for it.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...36#post1423136

Also, maybe you can get more respect if you drop the kiddie-speak": "u", "ur", etc.

Further discussion about this should be taken to PM.
Are you serious?

Quote:
I was told by other members that I didn't post it right and I'd have to wait for my attachment to be approved. Upon hearing no other feedback, I re-posted trying to make sure I submitted the info as instructed. I hear nothing back from anyone.
Please don't misrepresent me. And may I remind you I sent jdobbs a pm prior to him blasting me in the forum. Not asking him to hurry up and address my issue, but asking him if I had reported the info correctly as I was confused why it seemed noone had anything to say about what I posted. (Again this was my first time posting and setarip_old already told me my initial post wasn't submitted correctly) I wasn't sure if somthing was missing so I asked for help privately. How hard would it have been to just say, "yes, your bug has been reported" or "let me put that on the backburner" or "please double-check your settings". There are a myriad of responses that would've worked, but I got nothing. I've received plenty of feedback NOW via the forum and pm and I get it; jdobbs is a good dude who graciously donates much of his time to make sure we have this great software. I'm not saying he's not or trying to belittle anything he does; but please don't lose sight of the fact that I wasn't asking for priority support. I wasn't complaining that he had not resolved my issue. I just wanted an acknowledgement that my report had not fallen on deaf ears. And as I see it, he had multiple opportunities to do so before making me out to be the bad guy. I have no other point to make and hope that my future experience with this site, if any, will be a positive one. I trust that my grammer in this latest submission meets all requirements and does not cause me to be viewed with further disdain.
Old 15th August 2010, 21:42   #9239  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahice View Post
Hey there ebjones!

First of all, chillout!!!! Let's not make jdobbs engry... He is the freaking reason we are able to do what we do here using his knowledge and code! Let's keep this project going and be thankfull it has reached thus far!!!
And please remember, it’s not Dell Customer service center here... not everybody has the same environment/configuration so things that you may consider as bug(s) might be just on your side...no reason to get impatient.

Anyways, you are describing an exact same issue that I have seen before with PS3,,, Although this happened to me a while back so I can’t remember exactly what I did or which movie it was... (damn it!!!)
When inserting a movie (25GB encoded, tried both movie-only and full) into the PS3, the screen goes blank/black without the ability to do anything. Another movie did the same thing (blank/black screen) but audio was playing...
You might want to try and press "Select" on your PS3 controller to see what your PS3 is able to decode - this is an example of a movie that goes blank/black screen and plays music:

As you can see the PS3 is unable to even decode or recognize the Video codec used in the movie and therefor not playing the video.

All I remember is that this is not consistent or pertaining to a specific codec... to better troubleshoot this, I should probably extract the information using BDEdit from the Blu-Ray movie that goes blank/black and do the same for the same movie that was successful (plays both audio and video) and see the differences (if any).
I will let you know if I find anything...or better yet, remember what I did to fix it...I just didn't run into this problem lately so it has been a while since I last encounter this issue...

Just a side question, have you tried using Movie-Only Backup? Or just Full Backup as your log describes? same results?
Thanks for the reply. Although I won't rule out that the issue is "on my side", I will point out that I have backed up several movies before and after "The Warlords" with no issue using virtually the same settings. (I may have selected an extra audio track on one vs. the other) I have only tried full backup mode as my log described; but as that has been a constant in all my back-ups I didn't think to change that setting. One of the suggestions I received via pm suggested I invest in some bd-re's and/or try to play the back-up disc in another standalone blu-ray player to isolate if this is solely a PS3 issue. This is an excellent idea and I will look into both. Meanwhile, should you happen to remember the fix or find a solution I sincerely thank you in advance for letting me know.
Old 15th August 2010, 22:05   #9240  |  Link
DarWun

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@DarWun

Did you let BD-RB do its full processing? If so, what was the actual end result regarding the selected audiostreams?
I didn't let BD-RB do its full processing. When I looked in the Working Directory after the a/v tracks were extracted, the two audio tracks located there were incorrect. I stopped the backup at that point.
DarWun is offline   Reply With Quote