Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 10th February 2011, 15:54   #11221  |  Link
jdobbs

All I can say is that BD Rebuilder is querying the registry -- and the registry says it is not set to wmv9. It is set to a value of "0" -- meaning it is disabled. Same for AVC and MPEG-2.

Uninstall BD Rebuilder and all the helper apps and install ONLY the versions from the first post of this thread. If you install the wrong versions (of FFDSHOW for example) -- it's unpredictable what problems you might run into.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:01   #11222  |  Link
Jake802

Alright cool! Will do! I have included a screen shot of my FFDShow,can you please tell me what I should have the VC1,MPEG2,and AVC set at? I am downloading everything directly from your page I will do a reinstall when my movie only is done converting!

Thanks JDobbs!
Attached Images

Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 16:09   #11223  |  Link
jdobbs

Your screen shot doesn't mean anything... for all I know you may have multiple FFDSHOW versions installed, you may be configuring the 64 bit version when it isn't even used by BD-RB -- the one thing I do know positively is that you have the wrong one installed. Also, be careful about what other software you put on your system. Some of the less informative products might change your settings -- and not even tell you they do so. Others can intercept CODECs and it won't even show that it has been reconfigured. If you have any CODEC packs of any kind -- dump them. When you have FFDSHOW you don't need them.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th February 2011 at 16:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 16:19   #11224  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't remember the other report you mentioned -- but the odds are low that there is a connection.
The previous report was mentioned here, and the movie was Monsters vs Aliens :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=158185

Ultimately the delay was corrected by running BD-RB from the command line and editing the mux_00024.meta for the secondary audio file to reflect the audio delay reported by tsMuxeR that was not in the original mux_00024.meta from BD-RB.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 16:31   #11225  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
The previous report was mentioned here, and the movie was Monsters vs Aliens :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=158185

Ultimately the delay was corrected by running BD-RB from the command line and editing the mux_00024.meta for the secondary audio file to reflect the audio delay reported by tsMuxeR that was not in the original mux_00024.meta from BD-RB.
Ok, I'll go back and look at that one again. But if I recall correctly, I think I did that disc and couldn't repeat the issue.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:39   #11226  |  Link
Rich86

V.37.04 - DVD Alternate Output

V.37.04 - using DVD Alternate Output Option:
When using DVD5 alternate output, the resulting title goes into a pause state at the end of the title playback - and you must press play again to have the disc actually complete playing and return to the player's logo screen.
Based upon some exploring and testing, I think this might be related to an entry of 255 in the "cell still time" column of the pgc table for the last chapter in a title. When I change that 255 to a 0 - and reburn the title - the problem goes away.

Last edited by Rich86; 11th February 2011 at 02:38.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 16:41   #11227  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Ok, I'll go back and look at that one again. But if I recall correctly, I think I did that disc and couldn't repeat the issue.
I just thought it was similar, and while your "iron was hot", this one could be looked at too!
Old 10th February 2011, 17:20   #11228  |  Link
j_m_min

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_m_min View Post
setarip_old

"Quote:
- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream"
If you had done a search of this thread, you'd have seen that "jdobbs" (The author of BD Rebuilder) has stated that this is an error generated from within tsMuxeR - and could only be due to a bad rip.

Is your source material an original, commercial Blu-ray disc, or is it something else?"

Wow, thanks for trying to help. I get so ignored on sites (like afterdawn) looking for help usually that I am surprised I got a couple responses.

Both the eat pray love, avatar and dinner for schmucks were original blu-rays that I got from Netflix. I doubt it matters, but that is where they are from. I tried eat like 8 times, avatar like 5 times and dinner 3 times.

I paid close attention, I get through 100% encoding, but as soon as it gets to re-encoding it fails. Why is this?

I did research that error message and many many threads and I found one post where a guy said his menu file or something was too big (greater thatn 100 mb) and when he unchecked that for recording it worked. I am guessing it could be that picture moving around in the menu. It seems it only records one big file or something, and if there is another greater than 100 mb it gets an erro. But I can't find anywhere where you can pick and choose what files to copy like on CloneDVD. If I could stop trying to record that file that is greater than 100 mb, it might work.

What is "tsMuxeR?" I don't have this program downloaded and its not in the instructions.

Maybe my bad for not posting the whole giant log, I just know it said everything was OK up until re-encoding.

Thanks a lot again. Sorry for the delay.

I've done all the movies you mentioned -- and didn't get that error. So it's related to some setting you've made or something unique to your setup.

As was mentioned -- that error is almost always the result of a bad rip. Are you using AnyDVD? That's the only truly reliable decryption/ripping package out there (in my humble opinion).

TSMUXER is a 3rd party multiplexer used to demultiplex the streams from the original M2TS files and to create the new M2TS files after reencoding. It is included in the BD Rebuilder zip files and is in the TOOLS folder.

Jdobbs

I am using Anydvd HD. I followed your guide and installed all the programs you said. I wouldn't have any idea where to begin in the setup to see why its happening. Should I just reinstall everything again and see what happens? I am installing the programs as is and running them. I didn't see any guides telling me to turn on this feature or go through these boxes and check them. Would it be a Region A etc issue? Because I don't know what to pick when that happens.
j_m_min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 02:49   #11229  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I just thought it was similar, and while your "iron was hot", this one could be looked at too!
I found the one in "Monsters and Aliens" too. It wasn't related to the other one -- but was in the same section of code.

As it turns out, both the secondary audio and the secondary video had an offset and I wasn't correctly considering that possibility. I'll fix it for the next release. My guess is that if you manually adjusted the audio and remuxed, it might look like it corrected the issue, but in actuality you've probably just made them both be off by the same amount. In this disc it looks like it is off by about 2.5 seconds -- so it may not be that noticable.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th February 2011 at 00:33.
Old 11th February 2011, 03:35   #11230  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I found the one in "Monsters and Aliens" too. It wasn't related to the other one -- but was in the same section of code.

As it turns out, both the secondary audio and the secondary video had an offset and I wasn't correctly considering that possiblity. I'll fix it for the next release. My guess is that if you manually adjusted the audio and remuxed, it might look like it corrected the issue, but in actuality you've probably just made them both be off by the same amount. In this disc it looks like it is off by about 2.5 seconds -- so it may not be that noticable.
You are correct about adjusting the audio via a delay set in the mux meta, and reintegrating this new rebuild into to the original rebuild. The reporter stated after this exchange, the audio was back in sync.

Your diligence in correcting these issues, even some so minor like this, that probably will never be noticed nor reported more than once, , is greatly recognized and appreciated!
Old 11th February 2011, 04:17   #11231  |  Link
Jake802

Thanks!

Uninstalled reinstalled everything works like a charm! Thanks a lot!
Jake802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 01:54   #11232  |  Link
aacm

Quote:
@aacm

I've done that disc with no issues. Can you please post the output of INSPECT.EXE? It's located in the BD Rebuilder folder.

You're not doing any encoding for the movie-only backup. Also, I believe you should have also gotten error reports following the failure to build structure. Is there a reason why you didn't post that part of the LOG as well?
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.3, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Are the error reports in the same LOG file? Nothing follows the "Failed to rebuild" comment, except the start of the next rebuild process.
aacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 11:59   #11233  |  Link
drmih

@jdobbs

Can you think of any anything you've done (or perhaps an x264 issue), but encodes seem to be taking significantly longer now. Doing full backups to bd-9, highest quality, have always seemed to take between 6 and 10 hours, depending on the disc content - I've just looked at a sample of previous discs in the log file and 8 hours seems about the normal. They now seem to be nearly double that. Checking the system, x264 is using over 90% of the processors and memory isn't an issue.

**Just a note, I thought I hadn't changed anything but I did switch on the new option for GOP in bd-9 discs

Last edited by drmih; 12th February 2011 at 12:04.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 14:31   #11234  |  Link
jedihyte

Audio: Wont let choose "Limit to One Track"

On this new version (v0.37.04) I'm not able to check the box in Setup for Audio Languages to Keep "Limit to one track . . ." I check it and hit Save Changes, but it will not take. Also, If I choose BD-5 and Movie Only, and I check "Limit to one track " and hit Save, the settings will revert back to BD-25 and Full movie. I went back to v0.37.01 to try it, and it works fine.

Last edited by jedihyte; 12th February 2011 at 14:37. Reason: Was not finished with submission
jedihyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 15:02   #11235  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
@jdobbs

Can you think of any anything you've done (or perhaps an x264 issue), but encodes seem to be taking significantly longer now. Doing full backups to bd-9, highest quality, have always seemed to take between 6 and 10 hours, depending on the disc content - I've just looked at a sample of previous discs in the log file and 8 hours seems about the normal. They now seem to be nearly double that. Checking the system, x264 is using over 90% of the processors and memory isn't an issue.

**Just a note, I thought I hadn't changed anything but I did switch on the new option for GOP in bd-9 discs
The two things that have changed that might affect speed is the newer version of X264 and the default setting for LAVF -- but, frankly, I'm not seeing a slowdown and yours is the only report I've gotten. Try deselecting "use LAVF" and see if that makes a difference.

Generally, though, if you experience a slowdown in performance, the first place to always look is at your antivirus software. A/V packages are renowned for updating themselves with changes that cause slowdowns. Turn it off completely and see if you that changes things. Second would be the a fragmented or near-full hard drive.

You might also want to look at the total time of the job which seems to show the slowdown and compare it to the other jobs you're reviewing and make sure you're talking apples-to-apples. Time to encode is affected by frame count, not source size. Some discs have twice as much work to do as others.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th February 2011 at 15:04.
Old 12th February 2011, 16:13   #11236  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedihyte View Post
On this new version (v0.37.04) I'm not able to check the box in Setup for Audio Languages to Keep "Limit to one track . . ." I check it and hit Save Changes, but it will not take. Also, If I choose BD-5 and Movie Only, and I check "Limit to one track " and hit Save, the settings will revert back to BD-25 and Full movie. I went back to v0.37.01 to try it, and it works fine.
Works fine for me.
Old 12th February 2011, 17:50   #11237  |  Link
jedihyte

Quote:
Works fine for me.
Ya- that was weird. I just downloaded it again, and all is good. Sorry for the false alarm.
jedihyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 00:34   #11238  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Target Size MKV...bug?

I think I may have possibly found a bug with the target size mkv (intact audio). I have tried this on my HP and also my Gateway, and I have tried three different discs. Every time BD Rebuilder gets ready to reencode the video, I get this PredictAndEncode() 00006 2820 error, and all I can do is click ok and the reencode fails. If I am doing something wrong on my end, please let me know.

[12:23:00] BD Rebuilder v0.37.04 (beta)
- Source: HOT_TUB_TIME_MACHINE
- Input BD size: 27.81 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:40:37.072]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[12:23:00] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [12:23:00] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00890]
- [12:27:32] Reencoding: VID_00890 (1 of 15)
- [12:27:32] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 10,368 frames
- [12:27:32] PredictAndEncode() 00006 2820
[13:45:43] - Aborted by user request

- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.4, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Thanks for your time!
bluestarCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 00:43   #11239  |  Link
jdobbs

@bluestarCVO

I'll take a look at it. Can you post your INI file so I can make sure I am using the exact same settings you are? Right now I don't even know what target size you are using... and I worry that you are setting it to a size that is too small for the intact audio.

Either way I need to fix it -- but the additional information will help ne find it.

[Edit] Well, I tried forcing the size too small -- and couldn't get that error (although I see something different I will need to fix) -- so I'll have to wait until you post the INI before I can do any work on it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th February 2011 at 01:01.
Old 13th February 2011, 01:12   #11240  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Quote:
@bluestarCVO

I'll take a look at it. Can you post your INI file so I can make sure I am using the exact same settings you are? Right now I don't even know what target size you are using... and I worry that you are setting it to a size that is too small for the intact audio.

Either way I need to fix it -- but the additional information will help ne find it.

[Edit] Well, I tried forcing the size too small -- and couldn't get that error (although I see something different I will need to fix) -- so I'll have to wait until you post the INI before I can do any work on it.
I've got my output size set to 11000 MB. Hopefully I have everything set right.

[Options]
MODE=1
ENCODE_QUALITY=1
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0