Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 31st May 2015, 20:04   #241  |  Link
jkilez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilez View Post
avconv has the same issue as FFmpeg. VirtualDub x64 v1.10.4 with FccHandler's AC3 plug-in v1.9 appears to work. The distribution size for the combo is less than 3MB compressed. As far as I can tell, VeeDub64 cannot mux from the command line as it still requires an external script file. The syntax is virtually identical to that of VirtualdubMod.

I will do some more testing with VeeDub64, if there is a possibility it will be incorporated into a release. If you have no real interest in it, I am content to stick with my current workaround.
It turns out you can mux with vdub64 without using an external file. As long as your script is short enough, you can just cram it on the command line after the "/cmd" option.

So far, everything looks good with vdub64. Here is an updated muxing "hack" that can be added to the end of the Xvid encoding section:
Code:
set VD=<PATH TO VDUB64.EXE>
set track1=%encoder_out_file_track1%
if "%track1:~-3%"=="mp3" ( set atype=DAAAAE1QM08AAAAA ) else ( set atype=0 ) 
set txt=VirtualDub.Open('%encoder_out_file%','',0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetSource('%track1%', '', '%atype%');
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,%delay1%);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.SaveAVI('%target_dir%\%target_name%.VD%encoder_ext%');
set txt=%txt:\\=\\\\%
"%VD%" /cmd "%txt%" && copy "%track1%" "%encoder_out_file%"
jkilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 01:02   #242  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
It looks like adding "rffmode = 2" to the FFVideoSource options achieves the same as "Force Film" in DGIndex. I just did a comparison with a new encode--setting "rffmode = 2" gave the same results as the 1.1.9.0 index for a 99% film source.

Problem solved!
I played around with NTSC and that was one of the things I found out, I'm not sure if and how I can auto detect what setting to use but I plan making editing much easier: StaxRip will know about various important filter parameters so if the user right-clicks FFVideoSource the menu will show the options 'Enable Force Film' and 'Honor Pulldown Flags' or if the user right-clicks DGDource there will be the options 'Enable hardware deinterlacing' and 'Enable hardware cropping'. This and a few other things are planed for AviSynth editing.

Quote:
It turns out you can mux with vdub64 without using an external file. As long as your script is short enough, you can just cram it on the command line after the "/cmd" option.

So far, everything looks good with vdub64. Here is an updated muxing "hack" that can be added to the end of the Xvid encoding section:
Code:
set VD=<PATH TO VDUB64.EXE>
set track1=%encoder_out_file_track1%
if "%track1:~-3%"=="mp3" ( set atype=DAAAAE1QM08AAAAA ) else ( set atype=0 ) 
set txt=VirtualDub.Open('%encoder_out_file%','',0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetSource('%track1%', '', '%atype%');
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,%delay1%);
set txt=%txt% VirtualDub.SaveAVI('%target_dir%\%target_name%.VD%encoder_ext%');
set txt=%txt:\\=\\\\%
"%VD%" /cmd "%txt%" && copy "%track1%" "%encoder_out_file%"
Interesting script, I've updated and committed the command line muxer, it's now batch based too like audio and video batch encoding.

If you like you can create a .NET sample application implementing the VirtualDub script generation, making a muxer would then be easier for me, C# would be fine too, SharpDevelop 4.4 has a extremely cool code translator.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
Hi Stax,

so much for your continuous work on StaxRip x64 but a break looks different

You are welcome, too much rain I guess.

Last edited by stax76; 1st June 2015 at 01:25.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2015, 21:50   #243  |  Link
ShamisOMally

FYI: This is near useless to use if you are doing batch encodes with two audio tracks, and want to select one

Its fine if you just need to do one file, as you can manually select the audio track, but if there's more than one file being processed it automatically forces you to use the first track and there is no way to select the second one.

There should be a drop down option under audio to be able to select a second track without having any text in the "Audio" area

*EDIT* annnnnnnd now its working after I let it do two files. The hell?

*EDIT2* Nope. Even if I right click and select other track its still making me use track 1 in a file batch

Last edited by ShamisOMally; 1st June 2015 at 21:54.
ShamisOMally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2015, 02:27   #244  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
FYI: This is near useless to use if you are doing batch encodes with two audio tracks, and want to select one
What would the criteria be to decide which track to use?
Old 3rd June 2015, 14:20   #245  |  Link
NikosD

The new HandBrake will have AMD's VCE support for HW transcoding, for those interested.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...carrizo-apu/1/
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:26   #246  |  Link
JohnAStebbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
The new HandBrake will have AMD's VCE support for HW transcoding, for those interested.
That's news to me. Where did you hear this?
JohnAStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:18   #247  |  Link
NikosD

That's why I posted the link above

Quote:
AMD's in-house benchmarks show that Carrizo can transcode a 10Mbps 1080p H.264 file down to 5Mbps at around 162 FPS, versus just over 140 FPS for a Core i5-5200U, one of Intel's latest mobile Broadwell processors. This does, however, rely on a version of the popular video encoding application Handbrake that isn't actually out yet: AMD's tests were done using a beta version of Handbrake that's able to directly tap into AMD's Video Coding Engine (VCE) hardware, but the company doesn't know when it will actually be publicly released. Not to mention that older Kaveri systems would probably see the same uplift in performance, given they feature VCE hardware too.
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:36   #248  |  Link
Dogspoin

Sound out of sync (sort of)

I'm using onlinetvrecorder.com to record and download movies from TV, some movies are offered in HD (1080p50, every frame just doubled). With Staxrip up to Version 1.1.9.0 I could activate the filter ChangeFPS(25) to delete every second frame, make some cuts and the resulting audio matched perfectly.
Now I'm using 1.3.1.4 beta and the resulting audio is only half as long as it should be. Would be great if this behaviour could be changed like it was before.
EDIT: tried with SelectEven(), same error.

Last edited by Dogspoin; 3rd June 2015 at 19:06.
Dogspoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:09   #249  |  Link
stax76

I don't know what's wrong with audio, with 50p every second frame doubled, I'm not sure if SelectEven/SelectOdd or ChangeFPS is the best option if there even is a difference. If you cut and change the frame rate afterwards you must change the frame rate after the trim functions and not before.
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:41   #250  |  Link
Dogspoin

I changed the order for frame rate change and cutting but the audio track is still only half as long it should be.

I attached two images, as you can see the order is identical, 1.1.9.0 produces audio track as expected but 1.3.1.4 beta not.
Attached Images

Old 3rd June 2015, 21:34   #251  |  Link
JohnAStebbins

Quote:
That's why I posted the link above
I didn't read to the second page, so I missed the HandBrake quote.

Once again, someone at AMD is operating in a vacuum. No patches for this have been socialized. Current HandBrake svn has none of this.

Not only is this really bad form to announce HandBrake support before discussing it with the HandBrake developers. But it also makes it impossible to independently validate any of their claims.

And if their patch resembles what they have delivered in the past, It *will not* get merged into HandBrake. We already have some really awful code for OpenCL scaling, DXVA decode, and QSV encode that is all substandard that must be fixed before we add more crap on top of crap.
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:43   #252  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAStebbins View Post
We already have some really awful code for OpenCL scaling, DXVA decode, and QSV encode that is all substandard that must be fixed before we add more crap on top of crap.
I agree with most you wrote, but one.

QSV encode is substandard and awful code ?

It's the first time I hear this, given that the code produced by a collaboration of Intel and Handbrake devs.

Are you sure about that ?

It's a little off - topic because we are posting at StaxRip's thread, but you really surprised me.
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:46   #253  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogspoin View Post
I changed the order for frame rate change and cutting but the audio track is still only half as long it should be.

I attached two images, as you can see the order is identical, 1.1.9.0 produces audio track as expected but 1.3.1.4 beta not.
Please mail me the log file, my email address can be found in the main menu, you can also post it to pastebin with auto expire enabled. For images you can use email, a image hoster or a cloud drive.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:37   #254  |  Link
JohnAStebbins

Quote:
I agree with most you wrote, but one.

QSV encode is substandard and awful code ?

It's the first time I hear this, given that the code produced by a collaboration of Intel and Handbrake devs.

Are you sure about that ?

It's a little off - topic because we are posting at StaxRip's thread, but you really surprised me.
Right, we should take this elsewhere (like HandBrake forums) if it continues.

There are many things I am not happy about with the QSV code in HandBrake. But it's my own fault for not taking the time to review it properly when it was introduced. At the time, I was busy with other things and just couldn't be bothered.
Old 4th June 2015, 18:20   #255  |  Link
stax76

@Dogspoin

You are the second reporting the exact same problem, I'll think about how it can be improved, unfortunately it's a bit tricky, I believe these two methods will currently work:

1. change frame rate within the source filter section before you cut with the preview.

2. change frame rate after the cutting filter section after you cut with the preview.
Old 5th June 2015, 00:50   #256  |  Link
stax76

@Dogspoin

Next version captures the frame rate and frame count that was used in the preview for cutting and uses this values for the blank script used for mkvmerge cutting. It should not matter where and how the frame rate was changed and StaxRip will detect when it was changed after cutting was performed and will show a assistant message:

Quote:
The frame rate was changed after cutting was performed, please ensure that this change is happening after the Cutting filter section in the AviSynth script.
I hope it will solve the entire problematic, I'm not sure about crazy NTSC but hope it will be mostly fine.
Old 5th June 2015, 09:49   #257  |  Link
Dogspoin

Great, both methods solved the problem.
Looking forward to next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@Dogspoin

You are the second reporting the exact same problem, I'll think about how it can be improved, unfortunately it's a bit tricky, I believe these two methods will currently work:

1. change frame rate within the source filter section before you cut with the preview.

2. change frame rate after the cutting filter section after you cut with the preview.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:38   #258  |  Link
ShamisOMally

Having a bunch of problems here with batch encodes

If you set up the profile for encoding before you import, or even after you select the files, whatever you selected for Variable/average bitrate is discarded, and it sets some ungodly high number like 2982929 for it

If you do it one file at a time, it keeps the VBR setting you used, but any more than one file and it goes nuts

Also if you want my suggestion in the GUI with the audio track problem do what mediacoder does, have a drop down option and allow you to pick track 1 or track 2 before you start encodes, and then it will always take track 1 or track 2 etc depending on what you picked.

For some reason thet "Prefer english" option is not working, it just grabs the first audio track every time.
ShamisOMally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2015, 12:18   #259  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
If you set up the profile for encoding before you import, or even after you select the files, whatever you selected for Variable/average bitrate is discarded, and it sets some ungodly high number like 2982929 for it
This looks like the same topic discussed a few days ago here:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...=1#post2393151

Quote:
Also if you want my suggestion in the GUI with the audio track problem do what mediacoder does, have a drop down option and allow you to pick track 1 or track 2 before you start encodes, and then it will always take track 1 or track 2 etc depending on what you picked.
This is currently not supported and I'm not gonna think about it unless somebody describes a very detailed scenario why it would be worthwhile. This looks like being incompatible with StaxRip's way of doing things and in any case would be huge amount of work with doubtful benefit.

If you describe your scenario in detail I might be able to help you, picking up tracks by language works. Please tell us the complete story starting what the source media is looking like in detail and how the source media was created.
Old 8th June 2015, 19:37   #260  |  Link
Jeroi

Stax does the ripper be capable to do recursive encoding already? And organise the file structure like the original folder structure?

Edit seams not.

And I report again the batch encoder don't remember bitrate level fro encoder. I try to use --bitrate 900 in 2 pass mode but encoder keeps outputting 12000 bitrates and huge files. Please fix the 2 pass encoding mode.

To the audio encoding I would like check boxes that reads encode or allow or similar to prevent multiple audio track appearing in mp4 encodes. Currently it encodes always 2 tracks weather you want or not.

Last edited by Jeroi; 9th June 2015 at 20:00.
Jeroi is offline   Reply With Quote