Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 22nd June 2008, 07:35   #21  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

@Gavino, short answer is it's gone!

It sneaked into the code a while back and I meant to remove it, but forgot. It was simply returning (int32)(frame_number*audioSamplesPerFrame) which is so wrong on so many levels. So R.I.P.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:48   #22  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzarkadas View Post
I wonder whether it would worth the effort to make the global vartable being just an alias (for not breaking existing code) of the script-level local vartable and get rid of the global keyword in exchange for a new can of worms .
@gzarkadas: Much as I would like to see changes in the way variable scopes operate in Avisynth, I think this probably is too big a can of worms to open, at least in Avisynth 2.5x.

I think any revision worth doing would be difficult to do a in a 100% backwards compatible way, and it certainly would require at least some changes to the parser and evaluating engine (something I know you have a particular aversion against ).

@IanB: I see we haven't convinced you enough to put the 'global current_frame' change into the latest release.
When does voting close?

Votes so far:
For : 3 (Gavino, gzarkadas, Wilbert)
Against: 1 (IanB)
Abstentions: several 1000's
Gavino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:05   #23  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
@gzarkadas: Much as I would like to see changes in the way variable scopes operate in Avisynth, I think this probably is too big a can of worms to open, at least in Avisynth 2.5x.

I think any revision worth doing would be difficult to do a in a 100% backwards compatible way, and it certainly would require at least some changes to the parser and evaluating engine (something I know you have a particular aversion against ).
In that case, I think such a change doesn't belong in a release candidate
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote