Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th January 2018, 20:52   #26941  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi guys I have an MKV movie that contains audio languages and subtitles and I like to pass it to a Bluray disc, I tryied to import this mkv but BD rebuilder does but just dont recognize the subtitles tracks, I tryied too with TS muxer but when add the mkv file just the same, I get an error with subtitles tracks that are (each one) idx and sub this mkv is an original remux from bluray!
This is what I was doing, tried to get the SRT files to be used as PGS (Subtitles) but it seems something's off with newest BD-RB. That's why I posted the info before your post. It's related. To help you it's "tried". :-) I'm sure JDobbs will chime in soon. BD-RB is recognizing them, it looks like an introduced bug from a version lower.
Old 5th January 2018, 21:18   #26942  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Hi guys I have an MKV movie that contains audio languages and subtitles and I like to pass it to a Bluray disc, I tryied to import this mkv but BD rebuilder does but just dont recognize the subtitles tracks, I tryied too with TS muxer but when add the mkv file just the same, I get an error with subtitles tracks that are (each one) idx and sub, this mkv is an original remux from bluray

All I need to do is put this subtitles

Help please?

Thank you in advance!!
Yes, as SG said, you will have to convert them to SRT at least (which I GUESS will then be converted to PGS as I learned ) You can use really easy, free programs like Subtitle Workshop or Subtitle Edit.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 22:20   #26943  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Yes, as SG said, you will have to convert them to SRT at least (which I GUESS will then be converted to PGS as I learned ) You can use really easy, free programs like Subtitle Workshop or Subtitle Edit.
Or since the file is a MKV
extract the subtitle
Use BDsup2sub to convert to a BD PGS
remux back into the MKV

Lay of the coconut rum Lathe
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 02:50   #26944  |  Link
AmigaFuture

gonca, you forgot the *hic* part after the "of". ;-)
Old 6th January 2018, 04:09   #26945  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Or since the file is a MKV
extract the subtitle
Use BDsup2sub to convert to a BD PGS
remux back into the MKV

Lay of the coconut rum Lathe
Yeah... or, you can extract the subtitle and use far EASIER programs to convert it to SRT / PGS too wee wee boy...!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 14:10   #26946  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
To help you it's "tried". :-
Thank you very much AmigaFuture, my English is not my first language and not perfect and I really want to thank you because you´re help me

So, no more "tryied" now is "tried"
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 14:13   #26947  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
idx/sub is the format coming from DVD. Probably converted via BDSup2sub because some players play the DVD subtitles but not the BD ones. BDSup2sub can also convert back from DVD to BD format.

Thank you Sneaker, I tried this tool and add and just perfect the only think is I donpt know why the subtitle size appears more big than normal on screen
Old 6th January 2018, 20:10   #26948  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Thank you very much AmigaFuture, my English is not my first language and not perfect and I really want to thank you because you´re help me

So, no more "tryied" now is "tried"
I realized all of that. Happy to help.
Old 7th January 2018, 01:00   #26949  |  Link
Blurayhd

I think I find a tool that we can make a "image backup" of all our Bluray disc and in case of any damage on the disc, we can restore all (?) In a fact the tool is DVDisaster and I find the following;

Quote:
How to use Dvdisaster?
First place the disk in the unit, and when you open the program click on READ.

This part of the process can take a long time, everything will depend on the size of the disc and of the degree of deterioration that it has, so it is advisable to have patience.

At the end of this process, we go to the CREATE option.

This option will be responsible for making the ISO image of the disk data, with SCAN only reading the disk but not creating the ISO.

Through the graphics we will follow the development of the whole process and to end up in FIX, which will try to recover the damaged sectors, so we will arrive at VERIFY, with which we will obtain the final result of the whole process and everything that Dvdisaster could save.
Is this that I telling you about? or I´m wrong? Or there´s some another tool for this?

ps: I think this is the best idea because eventually we lost the Blura y disc or get the surface damague etc

So, what do you think?

I wish you the best guys
Old 11th January 2018, 15:29   #26950  |  Link
kufo

Hello! Wanted to ask, what about the UHD support in BD rebuilder? Since there are now some decrypted UHD movies, the topic is interesting. Although there is the possibility to edit his files, but the shrinking of the complete movie with selected languages /audio is not yet possible. Is there something new in this topic?
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 16:22   #26951  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
Hello! Wanted to ask, what about the UHD support in BD rebuilder? Since there are now some decrypted UHD movies, the topic is interesting. Although there is the possibility to edit his files, but the shrinking of the complete movie with selected languages /audio is not yet possible. Is there something new in this topic?
Frankly, I haven't used BDRB much yet, but this comment is interesting.

What would be the advantage to "shrinking" a UHD? Isn't the point of a UHD to have the maximum possible resolution?

By shrinking it do you mean retaining that 4K resolution, but re-encoding to a smaller file size somehow?

<<< newbie.....
KaraokeAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 17:25   #26952  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
A test version will be available probably some time this month. I've started on it, but haven't gotten it to a point where it is ready for testing.
Old 11th January 2018, 17:28   #26953  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraokeAmerica View Post
Frankly, I haven't used BDRB much yet, but this comment is interesting.

What would be the advantage to "shrinking" a UHD? Isn't the point of a UHD to have the maximum possible resolution?

By shrinking it do you mean retaining that 4K resolution, but re-encoding to a smaller file size somehow?

<<< newbie.....
Yes. The main reason is to make it fit on a BD-50 or BD-25. Original discs use a lot more bitrate than is needed for 4K... just like they did with BD. The idea is to use readily available inexpensive media for a backup.
Old 11th January 2018, 17:29   #26954  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
I think I find a tool that we can make a "image backup" of all our Bluray disc and in case of any damage on the disc, we can restore all (?) In a fact the tool is DVDisaster and I find the following;

Is this that I telling you about? or I´m wrong? Or there´s some another tool for this?

ps: I think this is the best idea because eventually we lost the Blura y disc or get the surface damague etc

So, what do you think?

I wish you the best guys
Hi Jdobbs, you told me IMGburn does the same hink that I describe on DVDisaster? I mean, a small backup image copy of the entire Bluray so if any part is illegible or broken you can restore that part. Just like winrar with rar01 and rev files?

If you dont mind could you tell me how to do that? Obviously maybe I´m wrong
Old 11th January 2018, 18:02   #26955  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. The main reason is to make it fit on a BD-50 or BD-25. Original discs use a lot more bitrate than is needed for 4K... just like they did with BD. The idea is to use readily available inexpensive media for a backup.
if I get it you are talking about to fit a 4k movie on a BD25?

Theres some movies with some languages that are I wish to keep so if I get it, you´ll start soon with a new build BD rebuilder that can recognize that languages so we can choose to keep?

really? I use Bd rebuilder with close eyes but, if you say, dear Jdobbs, that 4k resolution can be untouch on a BD25 I´m on it
Old 11th January 2018, 18:03   #26956  |  Link
jdobbs

I really don't know anything about DVDisaster so I can't say what it can and can't do. I just said IMGBURN has the ability to do image backups. If you want to discuss DVDisaster more, I would suggest you open a thread in another topic area -- as it isn't related to BD Rebuilder in any way.
Quote:
if you say, dear Jdobbs, that 4k resolution can be untouch on a BD25 I´m on it
Not likely. The maximum bitrate was increased on BD-66 and BD-100 discs beyond what can be used for a BD-25/50. So reencoding is almost always required. I've found a few extras that can be kept intact but that's about it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th January 2018 at 18:06.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 23:52   #26957  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Hi Jdobbs, you told me IMGburn does the same hink that I describe on DVDisaster? I mean, a small backup image copy of the entire Bluray so if any part is illegible or broken you can restore that part. Just like winrar with rar01 and rev files?
No, it can't. No program can "fix" a CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc. There is no repair data. There is simple CRCC, but, if there are too many missing bits, that sector is gone for good.

As jdobbs suggests, if you want to continue this discussion, search Doom9 for topics on this very thing.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 06:02   #26958  |  Link
kufo

Thanks for your quick reply jdobbs! Im glad to hear that. At the moment there is only one way to make it fit on a BD DL: Take the main movie. When burning to a BD DL it works on my xBox one s with shuttering sequences all the time.
That related to the bitrate wich can' t be shown on this media. Shrinking whould force a lower bitrate, I think and with this no shuttering while playback.

Last edited by kufo; 12th January 2018 at 20:38. Reason: Several mistakes in spelling :-P
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 22:20   #26959  |  Link
m.rup

Error when processing Blu Ray LOTR Peturn of the King part 2

Hi, when I try to process Blu Ray LOTR Extended Edition Return of the King disc 2, region B, I get an error:

Error Condition
BD Master Toolkit experienced an error 2603 [21:55:52] ScanDirectory()
00006 2603

When I confirm the message, I get:

Error Condition
BD Master Toolkit experienced an error 2705 [21:55:52] BuildTreeList()
00009 2705

This happens with the original disc as well as with a replacement disc.

Some times, when clicking around after the first errors, also this happens:

Error Condition
BD Master Toolkit experienced an error 2501 [22:03:49] SourceCheck()
00055 2501

When I confirm the message, I get:

Illegal Source
Selected source is not BD format.

The discs have been ripped with AnyDVD 8.2.1.0.
Both discs are playable in my Panasonic BD player and can be processed by MultiAVCHD.

All other discs of LOTR are handled well.

Any ideas what's going on?

Edit: BD Rebuilder, v0.50.25 Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Last edited by m.rup; 15th January 2018 at 22:37.
m.rup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 22:58   #26960  |  Link
gonca

Can you post the Inspect results and generated log
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote