Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 20th June 2007, 10:47   #21  |  Link
Adbear

Is there any way of removing the region code using this?
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 14:00   #22  |  Link
dmz01

Yes, look at the commands in the MovieObject file. They will move PSR20 into a register, zero out all but the last 8 bits by "anding" the register with 0xff and compare the result to a numer 1 through 4 followed by the branch based on success/ failure. Replace all those with a single goto command to the success branch.

Last edited by dmz01; 20th June 2007 at 14:23.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 20:24   #23  |  Link
Adbear

Not used to doing this kinda thing so got completely lost by your explanation, sorry
Old 21st June 2007, 16:30   #24  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Not used to doing this kinda thing so got completely lost by your explanation, sorry
Re-read the very first post of this thread that explains the structure of the movie object file. In that file look for a command that will read the last 8 bits of the PSR20 and then compare it to an expected value. If the comparison succeeds the player's region code and the disk's region code match, otherwise they don't. So at that point you have a branch where one side will let you continue on with the main feature, the other will give you a warning and terminate the playback. So all you have to do is replace all those commands with a single one that will always go to the main feature side of the branch.

Last edited by dmz01; 21st June 2007 at 16:34.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:23   #25  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Could a option to do this automatically for the user be added in a future version of BDedit? Just for us "simple minded" folks.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:21   #26  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
Could a option to do this automatically for the user be added in a future version of BDedit? Just for us "simple minded" folks.
Yes.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 16:43   #27  |  Link
Adbear

Any idea when we might see a region free option?
Old 12th July 2007, 22:33   #28  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Not now.
I'm working on SUPread and EVOdemux.
Old 20th August 2007, 19:15   #29  |  Link
Bystander

Can BDedit be used to strip everything but the main menu and movie?

Then delete the stream\000XX.m2ts files that are not part of the movie/maim menu.

If so, can someone post a short example for a popular movie on how they used BDedit to strip it?

Thanks,
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 20:13   #30  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

You cannot do this until it's not finished.
But I've started to make this program to do that.
Old 19th September 2007, 15:42   #31  |  Link
Henkske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
You cannot do this until it's not finished.
But I've started to make this program to do that.
Sounds promising

Remove audio streams, subtitles, Region and unwanted extras Than this program would be perfect Good luck
Henkske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 10:11   #32  |  Link
Olebrumm71

Re-author BluRay disc onto x DVDR5 discs for PS3 playback including subtitles

Hello!

I am trying to achieve the following:

Backup a BluRay disc by splitting it across x DVDR5 discs for PS3 playback. Typically only for the main movie video material, but I would SO very much like to be able to keep subtitle playback!

Currently I have been able to:

* Split main movie .m2ts file from BluRay disc into ~4.3 GB chunks (dividable by 192) using HDBDSPlitGUI
* Run each .m2ts segment through TSRemux 0.18 selecting BluRay output and keeping all streams (including audio and subtitle streams)
* Burn output from TSRemux 0.18 as UDF 2.50 on DVD+R disc.
* Successfully playback DVD+R disc in PS3 with 5.1 audio

* Audio stream/subtitle stream selection is (naturally) not available when playing the AVCHD disc burnt from the TSRemux output.

Any chance of getting any "help" from a future 'BD structure edit' version in achieving my goal ?
Olebrumm71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 14:45   #33  |  Link
GarryTom

It doesn't work with BD-50 Dual-Layer Java Enhanced Disc (Ratatouille for example):

GarryTom
GarryTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 21:13   #34  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

im also wondering how to find out the .m2ts files for the main movie of ratatouille (or general a movie with split main files). afaik there is also some bonus content on that disc, docus with ~15mins of length and this does make the search even harder.
is there maybe any way, a button or a field that can indicate at once which .m2ts files belong to the main movie?
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 19:54   #35  |  Link
digitlman

here is my situation. i have dracula bluray. i ran it through tsremux to strip out the extra audio and subs and make into a bluray structure format to playback in pdvd.
This movie has an ancient language spoken and displays english subs for it automatically.
I tried keeping the first presentation gfx track, My tsremuxed version does not play the subs in the new BR structure that is created.
I then tried putting my new stripped m2ts into the original BR structure in place of the original movie. viola! the subs play! so i know they are in the m2ts, i just need the proper info in the br structure to make them play. the audio doesnt play in this case as it is expecting a bunch of different audio tracks to be there.

Any clue on something that can be edited with bdedit to enable the display of these subs? it works with the original files so i would think its just a simple flag or bit setting or something right?

i have been loading each one into bdedit to check out the differences.
digitlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 05:30   #36  |  Link
bluesk1d
Uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
im also wondering how to find out the .m2ts files for the main movie of ratatouille (or general a movie with split main files). afaik there is also some bonus content on that disc, docus with ~15mins of length and this does make the search even harder.
is there maybe any way, a button or a field that can indicate at once which .m2ts files belong to the main movie?
I too am wondering this very thing. Ratatouille was especially hard. Can this tool be used to determine not only which are the main movie but also what order they should play? Ratatouille was insane with 60+ files in an arbitrary order with several duplicates...
bluesk1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 18:57   #37  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

BDEdit cannot be used for seamlessly branched movies with multiangle like in Ratatouille. The only way at the moment is to go through the mpls files with a hex editor and with careful interpretation. The mpls file will include the segments used in multiangle, and you must be careful to ignore the unneeded angles.
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 22:18   #38  |  Link
zakia

Can we use bdedit to add one more m2ts to the blu-ray playlist? I tried to play around with it and can't seem to figure it out.

I made a blu-ray with tsremux, by default tsremux created 00001.m2ts and now I wanted to add another m2ts ie 00002.m2ts. Is is possible with bdedit?
zakia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 15:54   #39  |  Link
bluesk1d
Uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
BDEdit cannot be used for seamlessly branched movies with multiangle like in Ratatouille. The only way at the moment is to go through the mpls files with a hex editor and with careful interpretation. The mpls file will include the segments used in multiangle, and you must be careful to ignore the unneeded angles.
Yikes is there any kind of guide for doing this? I'd be clueless as to what I was looking at.
bluesk1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2007, 05:04   #40  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

With a hex editor you can figure out the order - but you have to omit the files names that are not preceded by the 3 or 4 character language codes.

For example, in a hex editor, you will see a bunch of stuff, followed by the language codes ENG, FRA, SPA. Then you will see a 5 digit number. THAT is the file you want for eng. If the 5 digit number is followed by 2 more numbers, ignore those UNLESS they have eng, fra, spa listed right before it.

If you want the french one, pick the SECOND number instead of the first.

Basically, the multiple file names specify multiangle scenes. When you select a language on the menu, the player will also change the current angle to match the language (for scenes with hardcoded text - like books, TV interviews, etc.).
Thunderbolt8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bd menu, bdedit, blu-ray