Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 8th November 2023, 19:12   #521  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I appreciate your support for MKVToolNix, but the answer is unfortunately no. This is a bloody limitation of how packaging for the Windows Store works. See this issue & this FAQ entry for more details.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2023, 08:52   #522  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
Is there any way to get this to work with the Windows Store version of mkvtoolnix? If I find the directory that the exe files are located in, it gives me access denied errors. If I modify permissions on the mkvtoolnix folder (which is a little difficult compared to usual) then it works, but then it breaks mkvtoolnix until I uninstall it and reinstall it again.
I think that Windows Store apps are designed to be isolated, so it would be understandable if other apps cannot access them...
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extractor, gmkvextractgui, matroska, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui