Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2007, 06:27   #181  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkodi View Post
very conclusive test, at least in my opinion:

1) 'Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You in Time' bonus track, TrueHD size:

633 042 317 bytes

2) decompressed using eac3to to 16bit WAV, size: 660 487 112 bytes
compressed back to MPL using 'SurCode MLP', MLP file size:

358 807 274 bytes

3) decompressed using eac3to to 16bit WAV and then converted to 24bit using Wavewizard v0.54b,
now the least significant bits are zeroes checked with hexeditor, size: 990 730 628 bytes

362 789 876 bytes

4) decompressed using eac3to to 24bit WAV file, size: 990 730 628 bytes

649 693 162 bytes

so 2) and 3) shows that if the source WAV file is not real 24bit, but 16bit padded to 24bit with zeroes
for least significant bits MLP compression is enough intelligent and that doesn't significantly increase
the size of the compressed file and that plus 3) and 4) clearly shows that the source WAV file for the
'Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You in Time' bonus TrueHD track should be real 24bit.

p.s. soon i will do the same test for Vendetta TrueHD track.
I can't help with identification, but I do want to point out that this method is flawed: The output could be dither rather than true 24 bit, both are about equally hard to compress. (Not that I could ever tell the difference, even with my nice old amp.) Of course, it could just as easily be encoded dither as outputby the decoder, you just have to assume otherwise.
Old 19th June 2007, 08:08   #182  |  Link
Beastie Boy

@Binnugsai, use EVOdemux on Feature_1.EVO with the option selected to automatically process the second EVO. This will give you a seperate file for each of the streams (video, audio, subtitles). Converting a DD+ file is the easiest, this is all I have done so far.

Using eAC3to (and the GUI if you prefer), load the relevent dd+ file as input, select and output directory and file name and click convert.
Ensure that the SOX and Aften files are all in the same directory as eAC3to.
Just a couple of things to be aware of, though they may now be fixed: eAC3toGUI loads ec3, wav & evo files, so you may want to change the file extension of your audio file. Also, I had an error message saying that my audio file couldn't be found, even though I loaded it from the GUI. I moved the file to the root of the drive and it worked OK, so I guess there is a problem with path names.

I have never done a TrueHD track, but from what I have read, you need to remux using EVOdemux and create an EVO with ONLY the audio in it. Also, you must have the Nero HD-DVD/Blu-Ray filter installed and registered.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Beastie.
Old 19th June 2007, 10:32   #183  |  Link
Binnugsai

Thank you Beastie, nice. So i choose in output for the audio dd+, example kingkong.dd+ and change the extension after kingkong.eac3 or another one !.

Thanks
Old 19th June 2007, 10:36   #184  |  Link
Binnugsai

In evodemux we have to choice the extension for the video, audio and subtitle. by default we have mpa for audio. That's why i ask you if i can use between .eac3 or another one to convert it after.

Thanks Bonnugsai
Old 19th June 2007, 10:49   #185  |  Link
Beastie Boy

Demux, then right click the dd+ file and select Rename. Change extension to .ec3 and hit enter. Now load the file in eAC3toGUI. Type output file name (eg King_Kong.ac3), select output directory and click Convert.

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:31   #186  |  Link
Binnugsai

Thank you so much Beastie Boy. I try and see that tonight.

See you soon. Binnugsai
Old 19th June 2007, 22:53   #187  |  Link
Binnugsai

Hello, so i try to encode a dd+, Pitch.Black.HD-DVD.1080pEnglish 5.1.ec3 to test.ac3 with eac3toGui and i have that :

C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90>eac3to.exe "C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90\Pitc
h.Black.HD-DVD.1080pEnglish 5.1.ec3" "G:\test.ac3" -640 -nero
E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1:51:54, 1536kbit/s, 48khz
Muxing eac3 file to raw. Please wait...
The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit.
The expected file size for 16 bit is 1,66 MB.
The expected file size for 24 bit is 2,49 MB.
The real file size is 0 Bytes.

C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90>

Did i miss something, i force nero and i have Nero burning Premium in my hard disk. Did i install the bluray/Hddvd plugin in plus or not necessary !!! is there something wrong.

Thank you for your help
Binnugsai
Old 20th June 2007, 02:09   #188  |  Link
honai

Does anyone have a neat command-line for converting a TruHD track (inside an EVO container) to 6 discrete mono WAVs (which will be fed into SurCode DTS) using eac3to?

Old 20th June 2007, 07:47   #189  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binnugsai View Post
Hello, so i try to encode a dd+, Pitch.Black.HD-DVD.1080pEnglish 5.1.ec3 to test.ac3 with eac3toGui and i have that :

C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90>eac3to.exe "C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90\Pitc
h.Black.HD-DVD.1080pEnglish 5.1.ec3" "G:\test.ac3" -640 -nero
E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 1:51:54, 1536kbit/s, 48khz
Muxing eac3 file to raw. Please wait...
The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit.
The expected file size for 16 bit is 1,66 MB.
The expected file size for 24 bit is 2,49 MB.
The real file size is 0 Bytes.

C:\DVD Outils HD\EAC3toGUI 0.90>

Did i miss something, i force nero and i have Nero burning Premium in my hard disk. Did i install the bluray/Hddvd plugin in plus or not necessary !!! is there something wrong.

Thank you for your help
Binnugsai
That seems to be the same problem other people are having with mono E-AC3 files. That's very strange. It seems that the Nero Audio Decoder sometimes doesn't output any data. I wish I could reproduce that on my PC! It works all fine for me...
Old 20th June 2007, 07:48   #190  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
Does anyone have a neat command-line for converting a TruHD track (inside an EVO container) to 6 discrete mono WAVs (which will be fed into SurCode DTS) using eac3to?
I guess I can add support for that to eac3to. May take a few days, though... BTW, is there a way to automate the SurCode DTS encoder?
Old 20th June 2007, 07:50   #191  |  Link
Beastie Boy

@Binnugsai : I think I will have to leave it to the real experts to help with your problem. I was fortunate, it just worked.
Here's a couple of things to try:
1) Have you tried without forcing the Nero filter? Untick the Nero box.
2) Do you have the correct filters installed as per the first post in this thread?
3) Can you play the mpa file in graphEdit?

Cheers, Beastie.
Old 20th June 2007, 08:11   #192  |  Link
Binnugsai

Beasty : Thanks a lot. I think if you install Nero Burning Premium you have inside Bluray and HDDVD plugin for DD+ and TruHd.
1 ) So about Untick the nero box ! where.....What do you mean.... I try yes without forcng the nero filter.
2 ) filters, i think yes. you can say me witch one!
3) I don't try to play the mpa audio with graphedit.
Perhaps that is my problem, i demux with evodemux in audio.dd+ and change as you said me in audio.ec3.

Thanks
Old 20th June 2007, 08:16   #193  |  Link
Beastie Boy

1) On eAC3toGUI is a panel with check boxes labeled Nero and OrbitLee. Make sure neither are ticked.
2) The required filters are in the original post by madshi.
Nero Premium does not include the HD-DVD/Blu-ray plugin, as far as I know.
Old 20th June 2007, 08:34   #194  |  Link
Beastie Boy

The filters are not freeware, so requesting them is a breech of the forum rules. Consider editing your post to avoid a strike, and I would suggest removing your e-mail address.
Sorry.
Old 20th June 2007, 08:53   #195  |  Link
Binnugsai

Sorry, i will see for the filter. thank you for all.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:51   #196  |  Link
homerpez

Oh, boy.. a new adventure...

I've figured out DD+ from HD-DVD (Orbitlee's filter + Sonic Audio 4.2 and it works), and I've figured out 5.1 losless PCM from Blu-Ray (Tranzcode + Wavwizard + Behappy).

Now I've finally come across a Dolby "True HD" track on Ghost Rider (Blu-Ray).

Orbitlee's filter chokes on it, and Tranzcode GUI says it's not a 6-channel track. So... I'm assuming that Eac3to GUI is the tool I might need. It looks like this movie actually uses the 7.1 channels.

I seem to be a bit confused to start with... can Eac3to GUI handle this one? I'm experimenting via trial-and-error as we speak, but hopefully someone can explain the right way (if this has been figured out).

So far, my experiments have resulted in a horrible-sounding ac3, which sounds like garbled digital static.

Aiming for the backup result to have simple 5.1 Channel AC3 audio... thanks in advance if anyone can give me a crash course in how to do this properly.

Last edited by homerpez; 20th June 2007 at 10:59.
Old 20th June 2007, 10:57   #197  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@homerpez, currently eac3to only supports TrueHD inside of EVO containers. But if you can send me a little chunk of your Blu-Ray M2TS file (20MB should be enough), I may be able to add support for Blu-Ray TrueHD, too. Much depends on how the Nero filters behave. For sure you'll need the Nero HD-DVD/Blu-Ray plugin. You can try right now if things work by renaming GraphEdit.exe to "Recode.exe" and then using "File Source Async -> Nero Splitter -> Nero Audio Decoder -> Dump". Does that work?
Old 20th June 2007, 11:28   #198  |  Link
homerpez

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@homerpez, currently eac3to only supports TrueHD inside of EVO containers. But if you can send me a little chunk of your Blu-Ray M2TS file (20MB should be enough), I may be able to add support for Blu-Ray TrueHD, too. Much depends on how the Nero filters behave. For sure you'll need the Nero HD-DVD/Blu-Ray plugin. You can try right now if things work by renaming GraphEdit.exe to "Recode.exe" and then using "File Source Async -> Nero Splitter -> Nero Audio Decoder -> Dump". Does that work?
Whoops... I'm sorry, I failed to read that part, or for that matter, realize there was any difference between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray versions of the same audio type...

I'd be happy to send you a sample, the question is, how to split up an m2ts file? (I'm quite the newbie)

I think you can somehow do this with a hex editor or something, but I might need a tutorial on how to get 20MB out of it, and then to you.

I guess I should put this backup on the back burner until this support is developed... and keep the original disc away from the kids until then

BTW... the method you suggested to test this from the demuxed True HD file (Filesource -> Nero Splitter) did not work... created some wild error and could not connect at step #1, to the splitter. I probably should just have you experiement with the .m2ts file, since you know what you're doing, and I don't.

Last edited by homerpez; 20th June 2007 at 11:35.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:03   #199  |  Link
honai

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I guess I can add support for that to eac3to. May take a few days, though... BTW, is there a way to automate the SurCode DTS encoder?
That would be great, thanks!

I don't know of any way to automate the encoder other than using generic third-party tools that script mouse events.

Old 20th June 2007, 16:17   #200  |  Link
ACrowley

yeah Madshi , a Option to output 6 mono waves with the Output Order L R C LFE SL SR would be very nice

Usually is use Wavewizard to get mono channels form the wave decoded by eac3to (Nero)

@otaku975

Why do you want to reencode a DTSHD to DTS ? Every DTS HD Tracks has encoded a DTS "core" inside ,which is a "standard" DTS 1536kbps 5.1. playable withg all DTS Decoders
You can simply extract this core with dtscore.exe

No reencode

Last edited by ACrowley; 20th June 2007 at 16:28.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to