Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 12th June 2018, 05:48   #6161  |  Link
tuanden0

mkvmerge update version 24.0.0
tuanden0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 15:23   #6162  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
LouieChuckyMerry / hello_hello: Could you please try 2860? It should now properly detect that the included portable AviSynth is not used. Please try also if the MeGUI setting "log debug information" changes a thing (with the next restart).
Version 2860 seems to properly detect that the included AviSynth is not used; ticking "Log debug information" does change something: [Information] AviSynth+: false in the log became [Information] AviSynth+: true. However, now I receive an access error for loading ConvertStack.dll, and if I # that line of my script out I receive an access error for the next line, and so on. Here's the script:

Quote:
# Set DAR in encoder to 16 : 9. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
SetMemoryMax(1024)
LoadPlugin("F:\[0]StandAloneApps\MeGUI-2500(core)2443(data)0.3.5(libs)[Portable]\Tools\Avs\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll")
LoadPlugin("F:\[0]StandAloneApps\MeGUI-2500(core)2443(data)0.3.5(libs)[Portable]\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
LWLibavVideoSource("D:\Temp\[0000]ReEncTemp\[1080p]AlohaBobbyAndRose[S]{1975}[1080p]\OriginalVideo,OriginalAudio.mkv")
SMDegrain(TR=3,ThSAD=700,RefineMotion=True,Plane=0,Chroma=False,Lsb=True,Lsb_Out=True)
F=DitherPost(Mode=-1)
S=F.FastLineDarkenMod()
D=MT_MakeDiff(S,F).Dither_Convert_8_To_16()
Dither_Add16(Last,D,Dif=True,U=2,V=2)
GradFun3(Radius=16,Lsb_In=True,Lsb=True)
Trim(11111,11666)
Dither_Out()
ConvertFromStacked(Bits=16)
Prefetch(7)
My system is Win 7 64 bit, UAC has been disabled since I opened the package, and portable MeGUI is on a RAMDisk, F:\.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 18:08   #6163  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Sounds like a misinterpretation of the confusingly bracketed path names... is there any reason to interpret them?

I would guess if you simplified the path and file names as much as possible, there may be no issue?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 18:11   #6164  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Sounds like a misinterpretation of the confusingly bracketed path names... is there any reason to interpret them?

I would guess if you simplified the path and file names as much as possible, there may be no issue?
Misinterpretation? All the characters in the path names are valid.
Old 12th June 2018, 19:18   #6165  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:

I've been using those path names with SEt's AviSynth MT for some years without issue. Would AviSynth+ be different that way?
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 19:25   #6166  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
is probably protected by the UAC: Windows doesn't allow manipulation of files in this directory branch without Administrator access rights.

That's why we keep recommending not to install MeGUI there, over and over ... or you would have to disable the UAC, which is a security risk.
Fortunately, I'm in a UAC free zone (still running XP).

How do people put up with the crap? I plugged a USB hard drive into my ex's laptop the other day, to copy some stuff to the laptop drive, and UAC had to bother me to ask permission to access it. More than once, I think.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 19:45   #6167  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

It's easy to turn off completely if you don't like it.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 20:20   #6168  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Misinterpretation? All the characters in the path names are valid.
So, do you see any better reason for

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
now I receive an access error for loading ConvertStack.dll, and if I # that line of my script out I receive an access error for the next line, and so on
or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the term "access error"?

New German Gleitz board
Old 12th June 2018, 20:47   #6169  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the term "access error"?
That's one possibility.
Old 12th June 2018, 21:13   #6170  |  Link
Groucho2004

I'm curious about the "portable mode" in Megui.
I suppose this option will load the included avisynth.dll instead of the DLL that was installed in System32/SysWow64.

What about the plugins that were installed with Avisynth which are referenced in the registry? The only way I can see to avoid these being used is to have an explicit "LoadPlugin()" call for each plugin used in the script, right?
Old 13th June 2018, 03:49   #6171  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
I suppose this option will load the included avisynth.dll instead of the DLL that was installed in System32/SysWow64.
That's the theory, although it still isn't working correctly for me.

Quote:
What about the plugins that were installed with Avisynth which are referenced in the registry? The only way I can see to avoid these being used is to have an explicit "LoadPlugin()" call for each plugin used in the script, right?
Would it be preferable for MeGUI not to use auto-loading plugins? If it didn't, when Avisynth is installed other programs could open scripts that rely on auto-loading plugins but they'd fail to open in MeGUI.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:40   #6172  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I believe (strongly, like I read it before) that MeGUI redirects the auto-load directory during its activity. AviSynth may have an API to change the location read from the registry after the initialization of its interface.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th June 2018, 10:01   #6173  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I believe (strongly, like I read it before) that MeGUI redirects the auto-load directory during its activity. AviSynth may have an API to change the location read from the registry after the initialization of its interface.
There are two ways of which I'm aware to disable auto-loading from directories referenced in the registry:
1. Use ClearAutoloadDirs() (requires AVS+)
2. Remove the registry entries (quite drastic)

Maybe Megui is using one of these methods. I'm too lazy to dig through the code so maybe the developer(s) can shed some light.
Old 13th June 2018, 23:12   #6174  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Zathor,
I have been experiencing some problems with both stable and developer for some months (WXP32SP3).
On checking Changelog, see this

Code:
- Windows Vista and older is not supported
The MeGUI core still does work with XP (and Vista), however the external tools may not and most important I will not spend time to test anything with XP/Vista and I will not fix any issues which arise only on those OS. I simply do not have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
The only problem I'm having is using MeGUI_AutoEncode_Batcher, which uses AutoIt code to add avs scripts to the Auto Encode queue.
Problem arises when Preview Window is opened (after avs script load) and the batcher clicks close Button (little x close alias ALT/F4).
Seems that the problem arises due to close button being clicked before MeGUI is ready, ie MeGUI is still doing its multiple scanning
of Avs script and has not as yet presented the clip graphic in the preview window, when close button is clicked it crashes MeGUI.
(the Batcher is un-affected).
I tried to reproduce that but failed. Could you please describe in more detail how do you get it to crash?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 23:14   #6175  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
Version 2860 seems to properly detect that the included AviSynth is not used; ticking "Log debug information" does change something: [Information] AviSynth+: false in the log became [Information] AviSynth+: true.
Could you upload please both logs? (versions part is sufficient)
Old 13th June 2018, 23:21   #6176  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:

MeGUI does copy in portable mode in every needed folder (encoder directories and the MeGUI root) the needed avisynth.dll + others (devil, redist).

Based on the the avs calls in the exe files - as none of them specifies a path - will based on the default dll search order first search in the local directory before the system ones are searched. So e.g. MeGUI.exe does call avisynthwrapper.dll which will call avisynth.dll

I have added in 2860 the information to the log which module path is used to detect potential issues.

And yes, to avoid any issues with then not autoloaded plugin dlls, there will be LoadPlugin calls for each needed function placed / but only for the ones MeGUI is using so e.g. convertstacked.dll is not loaded. I suggest to use the addautoloaddir() command.

As AVS+ will check for the registry keys and load the system installed plugin DLLs, it may potentially try to load dlls which will break AVS+.Not sure if such DLLs exist.
Old 13th June 2018, 23:24   #6177  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks for the effort!
Now you've made me feel bad for being the bearer of bad news.

PS It makes no difference if the "log debug info" option is enabled/disabled.
Thanks, I have only changed the detection method so while the checkbox is not ticked, you should still have the same result. But now it will be detected that not the portable one is used.

When the checkbox is ticked I do have explicit FreeLibrary calls in place to unload avisynth.dll used by avisynthwrapper.dll. This seems to have it changed for LouieChuckyMerry somehow.
Old 14th June 2018, 02:15   #6178  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
As AVS+ will check for the registry keys and load the system installed plugin DLLs, it may potentially try to load dlls which will break AVS+.Not sure if such DLLs exist.
Probably not break but there are plugins that are not supported by AVS+ (CPP 2.0 and C 2.0).
Old 14th June 2018, 10:20   #6179  |  Link
hello_hello

Compatibility with auto-loading plugins isn't exactly a new problem. If there's auto-loading plugins then it's really up to the user to make sure they're compatible with MeGUI's portable Avisynth, otherwise you can tell MeGUI to use the installed Avisynth instead. It's not really any different from ensuring auto-loading plugins are compatible with the version of Avisynth you have installed.
Old 14th June 2018, 10:37   #6180  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
I tried to reproduce that but failed. Could you please describe in more detail how do you get it to crash?
Well, the scripts I use often have a long (a couple of seconds) scan where auto border cropping & auto contrast scanning is done (scans about 40 frames from clip, evenly spread thoughout clip duration, and then the crop/contrast is set.
MeGUI does its own multiple scans of the script during both load and then again when clicking on AutoEncode. So for each of the MeGUI scans, the script does its own scan (occurs at script start up), so MeGUI may be busy for about 10 seconds after script load, and it is during this time that the preview window pops up.
There seems to have been some recent (within about 2 or 3 months) mod to MeGUI source that displays the preview window before the MeGUI multiple scans of script starts, and as the batcher clicks the ALT\F4 close button as soon as the preview window pops up, so when MeGUI blits the graphic to the window, it has already been closed, Bang, Crash Wallop.

Before the problem arose, the window would only show up after MeGUI multiple scans had completed, and so the batcher would not close the window, because it was not there.

That is how it seems to me.

EDIT: Above is not an XP issue, it will occur on any OS (if a batcher is used, or the user is super quick at closing the window, I have not as yet managed to be quick enough to click it manually fast enough to crash it).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 14th June 2018 at 10:41.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote