Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 21st March 2019, 21:04   #1441  |  Link
ggtop

VidCoder 5.6 Beta

Hi RandomEngy,

today I started to test version 5.6 and noticed a small issue. When postprocessing encoded MP4 files created with Vicoder 3.16 with MP4Box the handler names for audio streams are reported as "Stereo" or "Surround". The latest version just outputs "SoundHandler".
You can check by using a commandline like %MP4Box% -info STREAM_NUMBER %FILE%

Maybe this is a setting you can control.
It was extremely handy for me.

ggtop

VidCoder 5.6 Beta:
Code:
Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 48000 - Duration 00:58:32.917
Media Info: Language "German" - Type "soun:mp4a" - 164668 samples
Handler name: SoundHandler
MPEG-4 Config
        Audio Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x40
        MPEG-4 Audio MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 2 Channel(s) - SampleRate 48000
        Decoding Buffer size 0 - Average bitrate 192 kbps - Max Bitrate 192 kbps
        No stream dependencies for decoding
        StreamPriority 0
VidCoder 3.16:
Code:
Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 48000 - Duration 00:41:18.997
Media Info: Language "English" - Type "soun:mp4a" - 116203 samples
Handler name: Stereo
MPEG-4 Config
        Audio Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 0x40
        MPEG-4 Audio MPEG-4 Audio AAC LC - 2 Channel(s) - SampleRate 48000
        Decoding Buffer size 1512 - Average bitrate 190 kbps - Max Bitrate 233 kbps
        No stream dependencies for decoding
        StreamPriority 0
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 06:31   #1442  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallander View Post
Hi RandomEngy,

thank you for developping this wonderful software

One thing, I have to ask you.
I use the portable version...
When I update the software, I copy the new *.exe in the old folder an then I delete the old exe-file because I have stored many own presets which I use. This presets are apparently stored in the VidCoder.sqlite file.
Can I do that so - is it right or should I create new all my profiles in every new software- version.
Can I copy this *.sqlite- file from version 4 into the new 5 beta version.

Thanks for your answer.
That's totally fine. VidCoder will upgrade all your profiles when you use a newer version.
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2019, 06:47   #1443  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

ggtop: It's not a setting I can pass in to the HandBrake engine. It's likely an issue with the HandBrake nightly as well or something that will get fixed when I pick up an updated HandBrake build.
Old 25th March 2019, 07:06   #1444  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.7 Beta:
  • Replaced WCF named pipe worker process communication with a new .NET Core compatible library.
  • Fixed crash on batch scan.
  • Fixed some items staying selected in queue after selecting a lot and clicking on a different item.
  • Fixed Turbo First Pass option not showing up for 10 and 12 bit encoders.
  • Updated HandBrake core.
Old 27th March 2019, 06:15   #1445  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 4.35:
  • Fixed some items staying selected in queue after selecting a lot and clicking on a different item.
  • Fixed Turbo First Pass option not showing up for 10 and 12 bit encoders.
  • Fixed keyboard shorcuts not working immediately after clicking on the "Global options" ribbon button and closing the dialog.
  • Updated translations.
Old 27th March 2019, 09:29   #1446  |  Link
varekai

Thanks!
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2019, 21:18   #1447  |  Link
napouser

request = allow edit current encoding in progress

basically u can reencode something u encoded from history
lets say u choose qrf20 it goes too big u go to history left click edit change qrf to 22 and add to queue
this is impossible for items currently encoding
u need to either wait for it to finish (1-2 hours) or stop it

also an other thing

also when u edit an item in queue it gets removed from queue so when u make changes and readdd to queue it wont encode it twice
is it possible to add an option (for advance users at least) to NOT remove it from queue (will basically encode twise)

thanks

also 1 last thing probably irrelevant to this thread
i cant reallly beta test the latest thing cauze i am using a modified version of HB.dll with fdk-aac enabled and the latest version probably uses a newer library with the latest handbrake core
however i dont have lunix to compile it myself
if some1 around here has that capability and could upload such thing in a free hosting place or just email me the file would be eternaly greatfull . if u can plz send me private message thanks
napouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2019, 13:16   #1448  |  Link
stax76

@RandomEngy

I was reading your blog on dark theme in WPF and it was very helpful. One thing I couldn't workout yet is how to style the radio button, ideally it would look like the one in the Windows 10 settings but it's my first WPF app so it'll take me time to get there. I was looking in your code how you do it but couldn't find where it's located.

https://postimg.cc/cKzWnyfR

edit:

Turns out my only problem was changing the background brush so my problem is solved.

Last edited by stax76; 12th April 2019 at 14:17.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 08:55   #1449  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by napouser View Post
request = allow edit current encoding in progress

basically u can reencode something u encoded from history
lets say u choose qrf20 it goes too big u go to history left click edit change qrf to 22 and add to queue
this is impossible for items currently encoding
u need to either wait for it to finish (1-2 hours) or stop it

also an other thing

also when u edit an item in queue it gets removed from queue so when u make changes and readdd to queue it wont encode it twice
is it possible to add an option (for advance users at least) to NOT remove it from queue (will basically encode twise)

thanks

also 1 last thing probably irrelevant to this thread
i cant reallly beta test the latest thing cauze i am using a modified version of HB.dll with fdk-aac enabled and the latest version probably uses a newer library with the latest handbrake core
however i dont have lunix to compile it myself
if some1 around here has that capability and could upload such thing in a free hosting place or just email me the file would be eternaly greatfull . if u can plz send me private message thanks

You can't change encoding settings in the middle of encoding a file, and it's not possible to add that functionality.

As for editing a queued item without removing it from the queue, in which cases would this be helpful?
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:56   #1450  |  Link
napouser

found an other bug (carefull is in 5.1 version so might have been fixed already - cant test newer version cauze i still have an old handbrake core ( )

when a movie is loaded with multiple tracks the indicator shows a false number than the tracks actually processed (and probably encoded) due to probably removing the unknown tracks

so for instance a movie with 3 tracks from wich 1 is unknown for number of reasons - maybe its unknown bitrate due to TRUEHD or something - the indicator shows 2/3
however if u press the triangle it will show all 3 tracks and checked. and if u press encode it will process all 3 tracks
so some times the picker says no audio but the movie has and vidcoder produces a fine encode with audio (it just doesnt process the language or the bitrate correctly and thus saying "no audio"

"You can't change encoding settings in the middle of encoding a file, and it's not possible to add that functionality."

you misanderstood me
i didnt ask to create a program that can change settings in the middle of the encoding process
what i am asking for is while the encoding is in progress , the item encoding exists also first item in the queue
despite however the ability to right click and edit its settings liek the other items in queue u cant do it for the 1st cauze its locked

now u might say well why do u care so much about the 1st queued item. ussually the movie encoding curretly is also open in the program and u can change the settings on it. yes. however if u have a large queue with 50 items the opened one might be an old item while currently the program might have reached item 30. u cant however bring the item 30 in the active settings to change qrf etc

as to why u asked. well maybe u encoding a movie currently and it gets too big. but u are not sure so u dont want to stop the encoding just add an other one with different settings . or u maybe want to create different samples of the same thing with different settings

u can do that if the item in question is in the finished items queue
u can do that if the item is not the first in line
or u can just add the movie with drag and drop from the explorer

obviusly all these things are extremely minor and not really serious
the program runs fine with or without the above issues
Old 24th April 2019, 06:49   #1451  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.8 Beta:
  • Fixed WEBM container support.
  • Added a "Clear finished" button to the log window to clear away logs for finished scans and encodes.
  • Updated HandBrake core.
  • Fix crash on drag and drop multiple videos
  • Fixed crash on closing a secondary instance of VidCoder.
  • Fixed crash on non-positive widths.
  • Changed to refer to System.Net.Http by NuGet and include DLL. This should fix a crash on some systems.
  • Fixed missing encode logging regression.
  • Fixed hang while trying to exit or close the preview window with an encode running.
  • Changed to give a better error when encountering zero or negative length files.
  • Fixed CLI to remove timeout for connecting to the main process. This prevents multiple encodes from getting started from one command.
  • Added logging and fallback behavior for issues with initial directory when opening a file.
Old 24th April 2019, 06:51   #1452  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

@napouser: Pretty sure the bug you described is fixed in later versions.

About editing the first item in the queue while the encode is running: That first item represents the currently executing encode. That's why you can't change the settings. To change it, stop the encode, edit it, re-queue and resume.
Old 24th April 2019, 22:46   #1453  |  Link
napouser

ok managed to run the 5.7 with a modified core of 1.2.2
5.8 however if i drag and drop a file on it crashes . i assume 5.8 runs a different core version? and if so wich is it?
Old 26th April 2019, 05:29   #1454  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

5.8 is a Beta so it runs a core from the Nightly builds.
Old 27th April 2019, 18:57   #1455  |  Link
napouser

"@napouser: Pretty sure the bug you described is fixed in later versions."

nope it hasnt
just seen it in 5.7

steps to reproduce
find said movie (lets say unknown trueHD track + 2 known tracks)
add to vidcoder
program correctly recognizes 3 audio tracks
add to queue
add an other movie (so the current active movie is changed)
add to queue
restore first movie
boom 2/3 audio tracks (but program correctly encodes all 3)
Old 30th April 2019, 07:59   #1456  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Hmm. Not sure what you mean by "Unknown" tracks. VidCoder doesn't have special handling for them, so they should work just like any other audio track, just named "Unknown". What was your picker set to do with audio tracks when you saw this happen?
Old 30th April 2019, 16:43   #1457  |  Link
napouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomEngy View Post
Hmm. Not sure what you mean by "Unknown" tracks. VidCoder doesn't have special handling for them, so they should work just like any other audio track, just named "Unknown". What was your picker set to do with audio tracks when you saw this happen?

have 2 pickers
1 is set to get all audio no subs and then i remove the audio selections through preset (samples)
2 is set to get all audio and some subs (movies)

so in all cases i get all the audio tracks
in some cases however i see no audio or 2/3 or 1/2
the audio that doesnt come is ussually unknown language (program cant identify it even tho its still english - probably due to TRUE HD maybe?)

the fact that the program cant identify it and appears as 2/3 doesnt mean that its not encoding it
the result is still with 3 audio tracks

so basically this is just a visual bug and has no impact in the encodings

also

one more bug that i see for some months now

when u restore from completed the item gets a name of the type blabla - restored from compelted.mkv
there is also a new restored from completed preset
now thats fine
since i restore a ton of items every day (samples - certain movies that need reencoding) some times i see alot of restored from completed presets

the issue is that after some weeks those presets persist even when u close the program
so basically every couple of months i have to manually delete them all (4-5)

dunno if this is cauze in cases of sudden close of the program so they get saved automatically or if they saved if the program switches to an other "restored from completed" preset or something

also i dont mind deleting 3-4 presets every couple of months
just pointing it in case u want to do some clean up on the preset saving code
Old 6th May 2019, 21:22   #1458  |  Link
ggtop

DVD - MP4 with 2 audio tracks

Hi,

I discovered an issue today using 5.8 Beta.
I am converting from a DVD to a custom preset with audio to AAC and AC3 passthrough.
The DVD contains contains 3 audio tracks. I pick another audio track and VidCoder shows 4 audio tracks for output as expected. But the final file has only 1 language (AAC + AC3).

Will test again with 3.16 tomorrow and 5.8 Beta using a picker rather than choosing manually.
But maybe someone can confirm the same.

ggtop
Old 7th May 2019, 06:04   #1459  |  Link
ggtop

Hi,

as promised I re-tested and it seems to me it makes a difference if choosing a title from the dropdown list next to the source or picking multiple titles via queue button what I usually do.

ggtop
Old 8th May 2019, 05:03   #1460  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

So picking manually isn't working? Can you send me a screenshot of what you see?