Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 4th March 2019, 20:45   #141  |  Link
ChaosKing

Hmm I get 14fps on a 1080p source. Just with FrameRateConverter() alone. CPU is only @ 25%

Have you installed the latest plugins? You can use AVSRepo to download/install framerateconverter https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175822

Last edited by ChaosKing; 4th March 2019 at 20:52.
ChaosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 21:22   #142  |  Link
Dogway

I spent a week finding latest and fastest builds of everything manually, since I have some preference.
As I said the only ones I wasn't sure at all were fftw and also dfttest (the latest v1.9.4.3 gives me issues).
As far as I know the bulk of this script is MVTools, masktools, fftw (for slower modes) and Resizers for which I might change the code to use the faster multithreaded version by jpsdr.
Is that speed with slower or slowest preset?
I noticed that in the repo the latest FFTW3 version listed is 3.3.5, any reason to not use any higher?
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 21:50   #143  |  Link
ChaosKing

I used the default settings... just FrameRateConverter()

I need direct links + 3.3.5 is as fast as the newer builds, maybe max 1 fps slower.
Old 4th March 2019, 22:13   #144  |  Link
Dogway

Default preset is normal so it uses DCT=0 (no use of fftw library).
Direct links are in the top of your AVSRepo thread,, the Wolfberry builds.
AVX2 instruction should be faster, but I haven't seen speed tests on that though.

edit: I updated the fftw library with a build from Wolfberry and now my dfttest works, I'm going to run another test with FRC.

Last edited by Dogway; 4th March 2019 at 22:24.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 22:37   #145  |  Link
ChaosKing

I made my own speed tests. As far as I see I can not directly link to files in the gdrive share folder.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:48   #146  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

I don't know anything about 3D material.

I have this nagging feeling that there has to be something better than plain frame blending as a backup on artifact areas and stripes... ? Using original frames on those areas wasn't giving a good results -- maybe a variation of frame blending that is always 80/20% at most, so no 50/50 blended frames?

hum... if that could be done, it would provide a trade-off between mode skip where the artifact zones jump in chunks, and mode blend where artifact zones can be a blurry mess
MysteryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 19:28   #147  |  Link
Dreamject

O.o why are mvtools/FrameRateConverter so difficult and does not have any preset like 'import it to your player and just use'.
It's more easy to make presets that use core file.

Sending to ffdshow looks like

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avs]
@="avsfile"
"PerceivedType"="text"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile]
@="AviSynth+ Script"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile\shell\Послать в FFDSHOW X64]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile\shell\Послать в FFDSHOW X64\command]
@="REG ADD \"HKCU\\Software\\GNU\\ffdshow64_raw\\default\" /v \"avisynthScriptMULTI_SZ\" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d import(\\\"\"%1\"\\\")\\0 /f"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile\shell\Послать  в FFDSHOW X86]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avsfile\shell\Послать в FFDSHOW X86\command]
@="REG ADD \"HKCU\\Software\\GNU\\ffdshow_raw\\default\" /v \"avisynthScriptMULTI_SZ\" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d import(\\\"\"%1\"\\\")\\0 /f\""

PS: I found it has presets, but I dont know how to use them

Last edited by Dreamject; 26th May 2019 at 19:33.
Dreamject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 04:08   #148  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Are you trying to use it for real-time playback? This won't render at real-time speed. For that, have SVP project.
Old 27th May 2019, 12:56   #149  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
PS: I found it has presets, but I dont know how to use them
Apart from noobs like yourself, I dont think anybody [meaning regular Avs users] still uses ffdshow (or PotPlayerSource [I was not even aware of it till last few weeks], or whatever its called),
perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe best place find out about use of ffdshow, or Potplayer, is in forums specifically supporting those items.

EDIT:
Quote:
This won't render at real-time speed.
Absolutely.

EDIT: I guess that you could start your own thread specifically for ffdhow/potplayer use with Avs in a particlar player, at least then you might get responses all in one place.
Maybe best forum would be Software Players forum, near bottom of Main D9 forum page.

EDIT: Most I ever do in a player is change aspect ratio or switch on subtitles, pretty much nothing else.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 27th May 2019 at 13:29.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 14:45   #150  |  Link
Dreamject

~_~ I'm not very stupid (and not very smart), just AviSynth is closed for understanding. You need use knowledges and logics from ~1990. It could be funny if you scare you grandson 'we had to use eval(""" """) widthout highlight instead of {}, we set filename in scripts by hand and them did not works without it', but using it in present is not funny. I still can not get why avisynth can not do processing in realtime. SVP does it, but svpflow1 based on mvtools2 and as I know svpflow2 (frame rendering plugin) based on another plugin.

>Most I ever do in a player is change aspect ratio or switch on subtitles, pretty much nothing else.
As I know you used interframe
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=160226&page=48

But its dead and uses his own and very weird logic which has nothing to do with reality.

I just translated svp logic from js to avisynth and it works mostly like svp. Only ofter that I gen knowledge that natively avisynth can not render in realtime O.o
Old 28th May 2019, 15:27   #151  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamject View Post
AviSynth is closed for understanding. You need use knowledges and logics from ~1990.
I still use knowledge and logic from the late 17th century such as Newton's calculus and the laws of gravity. Should we forget about these too?

If Avisynth is so closed to you, try Vapoursynth, maybe that's more to your liking.

By the way - here's a funny video about Millennials.
Old 28th May 2019, 18:03   #152  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
As I know you used interframe
Actually, that was MvTools2[in interframe thread]. (I have on occasion used interframe, but only ever with defaults, apart from output framerate).

My point was that best place to seek advise was from people that are likely to have used it (avisynth) with your player,
I'm certainly not gonna go figure out how it works and what is required.

Also, if anything should insert filename into an avisynth script, then it is you (or your player, where source script would be some kind of template [probably created by you or your lackey]).

Seriously, player forum best place. If regular AVS user wanted use in player, would likely not even bother to figure out how presets work, would be no effort at all to set up script exactly how he/she/it wanted it.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th May 2019 at 18:39.
Old 28th May 2019, 20:07   #153  |  Link
Dreamject

~_~ it's only one popular project on avisynth (as I know) - SVP, cause it usable, like click and run, but it's not very perfect. If avisynth(vs) will be more usable for people, better postprocessing filter will be.
Old 31st May 2019, 14:37   #154  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

@G2K4,
Your vs suggestion [EDIT: not to me] was a stroke of genius, thanx muchly

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st May 2019 at 16:02.
Old 1st June 2019, 07:50   #155  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Dreamject, most people using Avisynth use it for high-quality video encoding, heavy-processing often running at 1 to 5 fps.

If you want to do high-quality video encoding at 60fps, use FrameRateConverter.

If you want real-time playback, use SVP which uses GPU acceleration but doesn't provide the same level of quality.

Groucho2004, GREAT video!! Shared it on Facebook.
Old 1st June 2019, 13:47   #156  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Got tons of more important stuff to do but figured out this would be quick to implement.

FrameRateConverter was doing a great job at identifying artifact areas, but the backup plan sucked (plain frame blending) so the quality of artifact mask wasn't resulting in that much better output -- replacing artifacts with double-shadows. This version eliminates double-shadows and thus greatly enhance the overall result by having clearer pictures in the artifact areas without breaking the motion.

Version 1.3 is ready!

What's new:
- Greatly enhanced quality in artifact areas! Ghost effect eliminated.
- Added ConvertFpsLimit to blend with reduced blending ratios. Ratio=0 is frame copy and Ratio=100 is full blending. Ratio=50 reduces blending by half.
- Now perform soft blending with a default ratio of 40, meaning frames blending at 50/50 will blend as 20/80 (50 * .4 = 20)
- You can adjust frame blending ratio with BlendRatio

I haven't done much testing to find the best blend ratio but 40 is working good. Post your findings.

Another version could done so that ConvertFpsLimit falls back to the standard ConvertFps or ChangeFps when ratio is 0 or 100, and the soft vs hard blend option can be removed as setting this BlendRatio completely replaces it: hard blend is BlendRatio=0.

Last edited by MysteryX; 1st June 2019 at 17:48.
Old 1st June 2019, 16:16   #157  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

I'm just realizing that this program blows every commercial solution completely out of the water for frame interpolation.
Old 1st June 2019, 16:39   #158  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Be careful with your hyperbole!
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2019, 17:25   #159  |  Link
Dreamject

>I'm just realizing that this program blows every commercial solution completely out of the water for frame interpolation.
How to try it in any player?
Old 1st June 2019, 17:45   #160  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamject View Post
>I'm just realizing that this program blows every commercial solution completely out of the water for frame interpolation.
How to try it in any player?
You can open AVS script in MPC-HC but only for preview. As I said twice already, you cannot use this for real-time playback, so I won't repeat it a 4th time.