Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st October 2019, 21:07   #441  |  Link
ilovejedd
insane college undergrad

Thanks for FindVUK and the extensive online database! I've been running my discs through FindVUK to help contribute to the effort. Surprisingly, there are a number of my discs that are not in the database.

A couple of questions:

1. For BEE discs with BEC drive, FindVUK says it couldn't validate. I have a LibreDrive (3.10MK) Asus BW-16D1HT but PassKey doesn't appear to make use of the LibreDrive functionality. If I use a non-BEC drive, will FindVUK be able to validate the keys?

2. How do I help contribute validated keys for UHD? My drive is already UHD friendly. Is there a specific firmware version I should be running?

3. The entries that FindVUK adds to KEYDB.cfg are missing V, M and I. Is there a way I can generate those myself based on the meta xml files?

Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2019, 21:52   #442  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Surprisingly, there are a number of my discs that are not in the database.

A couple of questions:

1. For BEE discs with BEC drive, FindVUK says it couldn't validate. I have a LibreDrive (3.10MK) Asus BW-16D1HT but PassKey doesn't appear to make use of the LibreDrive functionality. If I use a non-BEC drive, will FindVUK be able to validate the keys?

2. How do I help contribute validated keys for UHD? My drive is already UHD friendly. Is there a specific firmware version I should be running?

3. The entries that FindVUK adds to KEYDB.cfg are missing V, M and I. Is there a way I can generate those myself based on the meta xml files?

Thanks!
0. it's not surprising, database probably only has 50-60% of existing discids. and the percentage verified by findvuk is much lower
1. yes
2. play them with libaacs and VLC (without dvdfab running), if it works the key is correct
3. run aacskeys with the known PKs and Host Cert or play with VLC and check the cache

Last edited by candela; 1st October 2019 at 21:56.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:00   #443  |  Link
lukesamuel

FindVUK on wine

Hi,

I have been able to obtain the VUK for some discs not in the database, using findVUK and DVDfab on wine (4.18 staging x64). It works really well. Thank you to the developer and testers.

It does then hang though when accessing the drive to validate the VUK, and so does not move on to uploading the keys. I wonder is the same bug with ioctl 2d1400 on wine as below, which seems to have not been fixed.
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21448

Questions:

1. Has anyone using findVUK on wine had the same problem?[/B], and are there any workarounds? (e.g. with qemu?)

2. If not, is there any way to manually upload to http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net ?

I can upload more debug data if it helps.

Thanks...

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20:54:42 - Get basic AACS data
20:54:42 - AACS folder on disc is reachable - ValidateVUK is possible
20:54:42 - Get encrypted UnitKeys
20:54:42 - VolumeName >Girls Last Tour BD1<
20:54:42 - DiscId >A6F46A9186017B15F65E227456E41025DD1F94DE< (2018-12-14)
20:54:42 - DiscType >BD<
20:54:42 - MKB Revision >66<
20:54:42 - BusEncEnabl. >0<
20:54:42 - UnitKeyCount >1<
20:54:42 - >>> UnitKeyENC (1) >8535A82C1531F96CE1B3349EFF477DA8<
20:54:42 - Analyze dump
20:54:42 - Start to analyze '2018' MemDump now!
.................................-...............................-20:54:45 - DiscID : A6F46A9186017B15F65E227456E41025DD1F94DE
20:54:45 - UnitKeyCount >1<
20:54:45 - >>> UnitKeyDEC (1) >434CA1380EE1E6E99D56C8C5EB29A7A4<
20:54:45 - ------------------------------------
20:54:45 - --- PART 2 --- VALIDATE VUK/UNITKEYS ---
20:54:45 - Information: no language file (with meaningful title) found in bdmv-meta-dl directory on disc - cannot read meta-title
0181:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)
20:54:45 - Drive is NOT a Blu-ray drive! Exit now!
20:54:45 - In case this is wrong please report in the Doom9 forum
20:54:46 - ERROR GetConsoleWindowHandle for title >FindVUK 1.24< - LastError >0<
20:54:46 - fehler hwnd
20:54:46 - Error saving window position
----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Quote:
And I also thought how it's possible to prevent invalid entries in the database created by super funny script kiddies .. and decided that it's necessary to sign the xml in order to decide if it's trustworthy or not.

...The original XML (BlurayMetaXML or BlurayLegacyXML) is Base64 encoded - a SHA256 checksum is created from the data, a unique uuid and the timestamp - and the checksum is signed with libsodium and a private key that is 'embedded' into findvuk.
On the other end I've created a php-script that checks if the checksum matches the data and if the signature validates against the checksum with the help of a public key.
I know embedding a key into an application isn't really a secure solution - but I think it serves the purpose (if someone has a better idea just tell me).

So this is everything that is already working on my side

I have just read post #13 quoted above on this thread, https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175194, so I suppose without the private key to hand, there can be no manual submission. Unless I can pass on the keys to someone here, or if there is no fix on linux, or just borrow a Windows PC.

----------------------------------------
EDIT #2

Sorry, I hadn't come across qemu when I wrote the above, I hadn't realised as virtualisation software it wouldn't mix with wine.

Last edited by lukesamuel; 2nd November 2019 at 17:36.
lukesamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:07   #444  |  Link
mick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesamuel View Post
1. Has anyone using findVUK on wine had the same problem?[/B], and are there any workarounds? (e.g. with qemu?)
I can't say anything about wine, but it works on qemu if you pass through your real drive to VM (no virtual drives like QEMU DVD-ROM etc)

This worked for me on qemu/libvirt. This is just an example, you need to adapt it to match your configuration.

If you want to pass through this drive for example, first make a note of the scsi_host number in "lsscsi --generic" output (in this example scsi_host number is 5)
Code:
[5:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH16NS55  1.02  /dev/sr1   /dev/sg4
Then you need to edit your domain xml and add new controller and hostdev. If you're using libvirt, then you can use "sudo virsh edit <domain>", e.g "sudo virsh edit windows".

Add a new virtio-scsi controller to "<devices>" section, or you can use an existing controller
Code:
    <controller type='scsi' index='1' model='virtio-scsi'>
      <driver max_sectors='64'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
Then add a new hostdev to "<devices>" section, make sure the scsi_host matches the drive you want to pass through (lsscsi). Controller number needs to match the index number of the controller you want to use.
Code:
   <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='scsi' managed='no' sgio='unfiltered' rawio='no'>
      <source>
        <adapter name='scsi_host5'/>
        <address bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='drive' controller='1' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </hostdev>
I also had to add this to /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/libvirt-qemu otherwise virt-viewer complains about insufficient permissions or something like that.
Code:
  /dev/sg4 rwk,
That should be it. If you're using libvirt, you may need to restart libvirtd.service. If all went well, the VM should now see your real drive and FindVUK should just work.
mick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2019, 18:56   #445  |  Link
lukesamuel

I do appreciate using findVUK and the public keydb.cfg on Linux.

As Linux is a greater beneficiary from these than Windows, having no free blu-ray player applications, it would be nice to also be able to contribute to the online database.

There is VUKextract available on Linux, but I haven't gotten it to work anyway.

As requested earlier in this thread, if a flag could be included to workaround this error, it would be helpful.

Last edited by lukesamuel; 3rd November 2019 at 22:03.
lukesamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 01:25   #446  |  Link
Buck

I recently picked up "The Robe" (1953) blu-ray (2008), tried to play it, but VLC generated an error message:

Quote:
Blu-ray error:
Your system BD+ decoding library does not work. Missing configuration?
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details.
The log is:

Quote:
-- logger module started --
main debug: VLC media player - 3.0.6 Vetinari
main debug: Copyright © 1996-2018 the VideoLAN team
main debug: revision 3.0.6-0-g5803e85f73
main debug: configured with ../extras/package/win32/../../../configure '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-merge-ffmpeg' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-caca' '--enable-qt' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvbi' '--disable-telx' '--enable-nls' '--host=i686-w64-mingw32' '--with-breakpad=https://win.crashes.videolan.org' 'host_alias=i686-w64-mingw32' 'PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/jenkins/workspace/vlc-release/windows/vlc-release-win32-x86/contrib/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig'

... [all "main errors" deleted because it's too big for this post]

main debug: plug-ins loaded: 494 modules
main debug: opening config file (C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\vlcrc)
main debug: looking for logger module matching "any": 2 candidates
file debug: opening logfile `D:\VLC\vlc_error_log.txt'
main debug: using logger module "file"
main debug: translation test: code is "C"
main debug: looking for keystore module matching "memory": 3 candidates
main debug: using keystore module "memory"
main debug: CPU has capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 FPU
main debug: Creating an input for 'Media Library'
main debug: Input is a meta file: disabling unneeded options
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' gives access `file' demux `directory' path `/C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf'
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='directory' location='/C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 15 candidates
main debug: no access_demux modules matched
main debug: creating access: file:///C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: (path: C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf)
main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 26 candidates
main debug: using access module "filesystem"
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "prefetch,cache_read": 24 candidates
cache_read debug: Using stream method for AStream*
cache_read debug: starting pre-buffering
cache_read debug: received first data after 0 ms
cache_read debug: pre-buffering done 304 bytes in 0s - 296875 KiB/s
main debug: using stream_filter module "cache_read"
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates
playlist debug: using XSPF playlist reader
main debug: using stream_filter module "playlist"
main debug: stream filter added to 00b10f68
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates
main debug: no stream_filter modules matched
main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: no stream_directory modules matched
main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for file:///C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates
main debug: using stream_filter module "record"
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='directory' location='/C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf'
main debug: looking for demux module matching "directory": 55 candidates
main debug: using demux module "directory"
main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac
main debug: no meta reader modules matched
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' successfully opened
main debug: looking for xml reader module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: using xml reader module "xml"
main debug: EOF reached
main debug: removing module "directory"
main debug: removing module "record"
main debug: removing module "playlist"
main debug: removing module "cache_read"
main debug: removing module "filesystem"
main debug: creating audio output
main debug: looking for audio output module matching "any": 6 candidates
mmdevice debug: using default device
mmdevice debug: version 2 session control unavailable
mmdevice debug: volume from -95.250000 dB to +0.000000 dB with 0.031250 dB increments
mmdevice debug: display name changed: VLC media player
main debug: using audio output module "mmdevice"
main debug: keeping audio output
main debug: looking for interface module matching "hotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "hotkeys"
main debug: looking for interface module matching "globalhotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "win32"
main: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
main debug: looking for interface module matching "any": 16 candidates
main debug: looking for extension module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Opening Lua Extension module
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Scanning Lua script C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Script C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC 3.0.6\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac has the following capability flags: 0x5
main debug: using extension module "lua"
main debug: using interface module "qt"
main: playlist is empty
main debug: nothing to play
main debug: processing request item: bluray:///E:/, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0
main debug: starting playback of new item
main debug: resyncing on bluray:///E:/
main debug: bluray:///E:/ is at 0
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'bluray:///E:/'
main debug: requesting art for new input thread
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `bluray:///E:/' gives access `bluray' demux `any' path `/E:/'
main debug: creating demux: access='bluray' demux='any' location='/E:/' file='E:\'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "bluray": 15 candidates
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua
Naturally, I ran FindVUK. Apparently noone has tried it on this title and I was prompt to manually type in the title and language (if something came out wrong, please change it to correspond to the proper convention).

I even updated DVDFab (which had fixes for new anti-user blu-ray programming) but that made no difference.

Is there anything I need to do with VLC to have VLC (3.0.6) play it?

Last edited by Buck; 15th November 2019 at 01:38.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 09:22   #447  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I recently picked up "The Robe" (1953) blu-ray (2008), tried to play it, but VLC generated an error message:

Naturally, I ran FindVUK. Apparently noone has tried it on this title and I was prompt to manually type in the title and language (if something came out wrong, please change it to correspond to the proper convention).

I even updated DVDFab (which had fixes for new anti-user blu-ray programming) but that made no difference.

Is there anything I need to do with VLC to have VLC (3.0.6) play it?
This error has nothing to do with FindVUK/DVDFab. It's a BD+ title so you need to install libbdplus for VLC
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924
Old 15th November 2019, 18:24   #448  |  Link
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
This error has nothing to do with FindVUK/DVDFab. It's a BD+ title so you need to install libbdplus for VLC
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924
Thanks for the info -- it's so hard getting this right with bits and pieces all over the place. Unfortunately, clicking on all the MEGA links produces this error message: The provided key is invalid. Please check that the key is correct or ask the creator of the link again. Can you update these links?
Old 15th November 2019, 18:46   #449  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Thanks for the info -- it's so hard getting this right with bits and pieces all over the place. Unfortunately, clicking on all the MEGA links produces this error message: The provided key is invalid. Please check that the key is correct or ask the creator of the link again. Can you update these links?
seems to be nothing wrong with the links for me, check your browser, and report problems in that topic please

Last edited by candela; 15th November 2019 at 19:38.
Old 16th November 2019, 20:28   #450  |  Link
Buck

Quote:
seems to be nothing wrong with the links for me, check your browser ...
Thanks for looking into this. My standard browser is nothing tricky, so I played around with the links and looked up info now how MEGA expects them. It seems the proper format is different from your links as posted:

Quote:
How To (Windows):
  • Put the 32-bit or 64-bit libaacs/libbdplus DLLs (all 4) in the corresponding VLC directory
  • Put the BD+ vm files in the %APPDATA%\bdplus\vm0 directory
  • Put the cached BD+ tables (1.5GB) in the %APPDATA%\bdplus\convtab directory
  • Put the FindVUK KEYDB.cfg in the %APPDATA%\aacs directory
  • Edit the KEDYB.cfg and put the keys and certs from this post on top
For example, the first link is ..
https://mega.nz/#!oJVjwKCT!0L7a7ftjQ...u-y_CyKY3ra4-4
.. and it caused the error for me.

The proper MEGA form is in http://megadownloaderapp.blogspot.co...ega-links.html ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA
Encoded links.
This links contain the ID and the Key encoded, and the URI has the form "mega://enc?xxx".
From that I tried ..
https://mega.nz/enc?#!oJVjwKCT!0L7a7...u-y_CyKY3ra4-4
Notice the added "enc?" -- that worked right for my browser! I now expect the other links to work, too, once corrected.

My guess is if one doesn't have MEGA installed, the browser is on it's own and needs this proper form to be processed.
(You might like to add such "stand-alone" links to your originals, or use stand-alone links exclusively, to help others without MEGA accounts/installed who get such errors messages.)
Old 27th November 2019, 21:11   #451  |  Link
cyprus

PK for v1-72 - can someone confirm?

Another PK from another warez site. This did not work on my disks but I don't have the firmware.

| PK | 0x824C4C4AFCF98370CCDAD9B0F21B11AA ; v1-72 ; Requires mogul1 or quesidi firmware.

Does anybody know where to get either of these firmwares?
cyprus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2019, 20:55   #452  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
Another PK from another warez site. This did not work on my disks but I don't have the firmware.

| PK | 0x824C4C4AFCF98370CCDAD9B0F21B11AA ; v1-72 ; Requires mogul1 or quesidi firmware.

Does anybody know where to get either of these firmwares?
since the 1 other reference on this forum to "mogul1" mentions KCD, it's likely a standalone player key that requires reading of KCD data which PC drives can't do by default. So those firmwares mentioned are likely for a specific drive model that has been hacked to read KCD. Even if you manage to get drive/firmware, you still need to adapt libaacs or aacskeys to read and use the KCD

Some old threads on this forum suggest the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive was able to read KCD but I couldn't find out the specifics. If somehow here can do that, they should be to able to verify if that PK is real using a HD-DVD disc

Last edited by candela; 28th November 2019 at 23:26.
Old 29th November 2019, 17:30   #453  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
Quite amazing, this IS a working v1-v72 PK that requires KCD. I'm intrigued to know where this key come from. Would appreciate the link to a source site (PM or email). Thanks!
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2019, 13:26   #454  |  Link
cyprus

Forbvidden to share PK source site

Quote:
Would appreciate the link to a source site (PM or email). Thanks!
Mike sorry I asked the posting group was OK sharing PK but are not about their sites. This is not the only PK they may share so is in everyones interest. The PK extraction only placed 4th in earlier break the gadgets contest so hoping next time they try something more modern such as 4K.

Still lookign for firmwares.
cyprus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2019, 09:54   #455  |  Link
Mister XY

Hello, since few days, i get this error if i want to sync the database.
Error! GetDifference Failed! >#BRKDB_ERR_PARSE<
Error! Synchronize failed! ->904<
I have attached a screenshot.
I have also delete my folder aacs and also clean findvuk. But every time i get this error.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mister XY; 11th December 2019 at 09:58.
Mister XY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 06:09   #456  |  Link
nalor

This is strange...

Will check it after work.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2019, 20:23   #457  |  Link
nalor

This is really funny - the key for the movie 'THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH' got uploaded and when creating the aacs file in the database the title is composed from the volumename and the meta-title of the disc.
In this case the volumename is the special character linefeed followed by 4 space characters ...

Finally the aacs file now also includes a linebreak where no one is expected ...

Will change the processing so that linebreaks are removed in future ...
Old 12th December 2019, 20:40   #458  |  Link
nalor

Fixed - sync is working again for me

I replace the special character linefeed with #LF:

Quote:
0xF6B11AC9721166DED7789D40453C0A7C9ACC9F6C = #LF (THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH) | D | ...
Old 31st January 2020, 23:54   #459  |  Link
qyot27
...?

How does the reported date influence FindVUK adding or substituting data in the entries for a disc?

Because I scanned one of my discs, and the date came up as 2013-12-31. All the keys (VUK, MK, VID, and 2 Unit Keys) exist for this entry. In KEYDB.cfg, even after the validated keys were supposedly uploaded to the Online-DB, synchronizing will write over this entry with one that has most of the same keys, but a date of 2014-01-23. The problem is that the entry with the newer date is missing the Unit Keys, has incomplete metadata compared to the way newer versions of FindVUK do it, and is marked by the (LEGACY) (NOTVALIDATED) comments.

I can even go back and re-run FindVUK on the disc, and it will replace that 2014 entry with the validated 2013 one. I then use Synchronize, it puts the 2014 one with missing keys back in and takes the 2013 out.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 09:20   #460  |  Link
nalor

Hi, currently the uploaded data is not processed automatically.
So I manually execute and monitor the processing from time to time.
When you visit the website you can see the date of the last processing.
But please tell me the discid so I can verify if the processing is done correctly.

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk