Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 15th September 2010, 01:05   #81  |  Link
freewheeling

This disc can not be played!

I'm using DVDRebuilder Pro 1.28.2 rebuilding from a rip created using AnyDVD, and then using that rebuild in ImgBurn to create an ISO file to burn a DVD +R. I get the message on my Samsung BD-P4600: "This disc can not be played!" I can play the disc fine using my computer's DVD Drive, as well as a Yamaha standalone DVD drive, but it won't play on my fancy new Samsung Bluray drive. The Samsung will play regular DVDs, BDs, and even backup BDs created using BDRebuilder. But it won't play the backups created using DVDRebuilder.

I'm wondering why not, and is there a parameter that I could set in DVD Rebuilder Pro that would work around this problem?
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 01:46   #82  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I'm using DVDRebuilder Pro 1.28.2 rebuilding from a rip created using AnyDVD, and then using that rebuild in ImgBurn to create an ISO file to burn a DVD +R. I get the message on my Samsung BD-P4600: "This disc can not be played!" I can play the disc fine using my computer's DVD Drive, as well as a Yamaha standalone DVD drive, but it won't play on my fancy new Samsung Bluray drive. The Samsung will play regular DVDs, BDs, and even backup BDs created using BDRebuilder. But it won't play the backups created using DVDRebuilder.

I'm wondering why not, and is there a parameter that I could set in DVD Rebuilder Pro that would work around this problem?
It's likely the media type that is the issue. Are you using DVD-R, DVD+R? Brand? Have you tried more than one? BD Rebuilder outputs to a UDF 2.5 format -- and it's likely it acts differently with standard DVD input.
Old 15th September 2010, 03:33   #83  |  Link
freewheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's likely the media type that is the issue. Are you using DVD-R, DVD+R? Brand? Have you tried more than one? BD Rebuilder outputs to a UDF 2.5 format -- and it's likely it acts differently with standard DVD input.
When I created the ISO image of the DVD with ImgBurn it advised me to set the output to UDF 1.02, so that's what I did (as well as ISO9660). The media I used for that was Vebatim DVD+R 16X.

When I created the ISO image of the BD disc (after using BDRebuilder) I used UDF 2.5, and the media I used was Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X.

The DVDs play in every DVD player I have, even an old Plextor drive that's about 8 years old. But they won't play in that fancy Samsung. The BDs do, though.

Strange.
freewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 06:48   #84  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
When I created the ISO image of the DVD with ImgBurn it advised me to set the output to UDF 1.02, so that's what I did (as well as ISO9660). The media I used for that was Vebatim DVD+R 16X.

When I created the ISO image of the BD disc (after using BDRebuilder) I used UDF 2.5, and the media I used was Verbatim DVD+R DL 8X.

The DVDs play in every DVD player I have, even an old Plextor drive that's about 8 years old. But they won't play in that fancy Samsung. The BDs do, though.

Strange.
Let's move this conversation to another thread. This sticky is meant for FAQs.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:49   #85  |  Link
tennisbgc

custom target size?

Is there a way to create a custom output size like in bd rebuilder? I like to make backups to be played back on a media player so id like to make the output smaller on some discs.
tennisbgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 00:24   #86  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbgc View Post
Is there a way to create a custom output size like in bd rebuilder? I like to make backups to be played back on a media player so id like to make the output smaller on some discs.

Look at this thread and search for "targetsectors" in the DVD Rebuilder sub-forum and you'll find lots of information. If you're using a media player you may also want to consider "Mobile Output" options.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th December 2010 at 00:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:20   #87  |  Link
tennisbgc

When I was encoding a dvd the compression was all complete but I got an error during the muxing stage and realized I ran out of harddrive space. Is it possible to have dvd rebuilder pick up where it left off since I still have the working folder saved?
Old 23rd January 2011, 22:33   #88  |  Link
omegaman7

If you mean the rebuild stage of the process, then you should be able to click rebuild, once there is space on the output drive
If you were in "one click mode" to begin with, I'm afraid I can't help you. I prefer 3 clicks myself
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 00:24   #89  |  Link
tennisbgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
If you mean the rebuild stage of the process, then you should be able to click rebuild, once there is space on the output drive
If you were in "one click mode" to begin with, I'm afraid I can't help you. I prefer 3 clicks myself
Thanks.I had it in one click mode. Now Im able to rebuild.
Old 24th January 2011, 01:07   #90  |  Link
omegaman7

3 click mode is highly beneficial. You might consider leaving it there. Especially if you like the following ability:
Once you've prepared the files, you can open this editor. There I suspect you will see the benefits
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 08:35   #91  |  Link
topcat888

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if BD Rebuilder capable of utilizing a quad core cpu..??

Thanks
topcat888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 14:12   #92  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat888 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if BD Rebuilder capable of utilizing a quad core cpu..??

Thanks
Yes, it uses four cores very well. But you'll probably only see 100% usage on pass 2 most of the time.
Old 11th June 2011, 18:14   #93  |  Link
topcat888

Hi jdobbs

Whilst I've got you on the line, can I ask you a question. At present I use a pc with an Intel E8400 cpu (3Ghz dual core) to run BD RB however I have seen some an Intel Q9300 (2.5GHz Quad core) cpu's at reasonable prices...

So the question is, if I buy and install a Q9300 cpu instead will this intern run BD RB at a faster rate because it will be using four cores, or not..??

Many Thanks
topcat888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 18:49   #94  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

It'll be faster because x264 will use the extra cores quite efficiently.
Old 12th June 2011, 02:46   #95  |  Link
manolito

Excuse me guys, but the last few posts are OT.

This thread is about DVD-Rebuilder, not BD-Rebuilder.

It was suggested a couple of times in the past to make a separate section for BD-Rebuilder, but so far nothing happened. Time to rethink this decision?

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 02:58   #96  |  Link
ricoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post

It was suggested a couple of times in the past to make a separate section for BD-Rebuilder, but so far nothing happened. Time to rethink this decision?

Cheers
manolito
I suggested that several months ago, but you get nothing but BDRB posts now.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 04:13   #97  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post

Cheers
manolito
I created a BD Rebuilder FAQ -- but I closed it so only a moderator can add things. That was to prevent it from turning into a long discussion thread like this one. The last time a FAQ was discussed in this thread was on page 3 and before that post the last one was on page 1.

It's hard for some folks to distinguish the difference between a "Frequently Asked Question" and "a question".

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th June 2011 at 04:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 21:38   #98  |  Link
a.green817

why all the inquests the guy has done a super job putting it together and all you lot want to do is try to pull it apart.
a.green817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 00:26   #99  |  Link
ricoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.green817 View Post
why all the inquests the guy has done a super job putting it together and all you lot want to do is try to pull it apart.
No one is pulling anything apart, we were just asking to separate the topics. Jdobbs has done a terrific job, no one says otherwise. I bought DVDRB years ago and have contributed 3 times to BDRB so he can continue his great work, but the DVDRB FAQ had more questions about BDRB than the former. I use both all of the time.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 17:01   #100  |  Link
nicksteel
NickSteel

Force Film

With DVD Rebuilder Pro and film source, is Force Film logic (like in DGIndex) utilized for FILM to reduce file size?

In the past, I would:

Dvdfab main movie
DGIndex (force film, if FILM)
Resize in avs to crop top and bottom
encode with HCEnc as 3:2 pulldown
nicksteel is offline   Reply With Quote