Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st April 2014, 15:56   #19821  |  Link
G1nger

jdobbs thanks for your quick reply. First off let me say thanks to you for all your efforts with BD Rebuilder. I've recently started using it using it and have never had any issues until I tried experimenting with 3D. The buzz on the forum around full 3D backups compelled me to give it a try. I've tried to learn on my own by reading the posts here and by trial and error but being unable to find a guide figured I'd ask the experts here on the forum. Forgive me if I don't give you the full scientific answer but I checked it by playing the ISO from my media player which supports 3D ISO and MKV files thru my AVR to my 3D plasma. When I played the file there was no "3D signal detected" message as there was with the 46.14 ISO. I tried using the 3D/2D button on the TV and didn't see any difference. I could tell immediately when I played the 46.14 ISO that it was in 3D. The only changes I made in 47.03 was a) the SBS option was unchecked and b) I set the output size to BB 50. I figured maybe I should have left the SBS option checked? Oh, and the 46.14 ISO would not play in 2D but the 47.03 was definitely only 2D. I deleted my working folder with the ISO and INI afterwards so no log file to check. I can try again and see what happens. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing in the process. Thanks.
G1nger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 16:32   #19822  |  Link
jdobbs

Either you left something out, or I don't understand how you got the ISO from 47.03. The newer version doesn't create ISO files by default. It creates folders. You'd have to add a hidden entry to your INI to create an ISO. Second - are you sure your player supports true BD-3D or only SBS? Your test with 46.14 used SBS output, while the 47.03 attempt didn't.
Old 1st April 2014, 17:30   #19823  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Slow Playback Start and Stuttering Scanning MKV Output

My default output when using BDRB now is Matroska .mkv file, Single Pass, CRF=18, Intact Audio as I prefer the single file result, the quality is indistinguishable from the source and I store on HDD so variable output size is not an issue. I have been using these settings for at least the last 20 runs and the output is fine. But since v46.13 I am now getting mixed results. Starting up the file with my preferred Player (Zoom Player) takes ages - up to 10 -15 seconds and if I select a random navigation point the player either crashes completely or another 10 - 15 seconds delay and usually audio and video totally out of sync. Same result with other players such as Power DVD or WMP.

Running Inspect.exe and it reported the HAALI Splitter as not recommended so I have rolled back to [1.9.42.1] and run some tests. However the newer version was working just fine before BDRB v46.13 so this is all a bit strange. Could the HAALI Splitter version cause these issues?
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 20:06   #19824  |  Link
J666RST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
I know you will be making it default in the next release but i just wanted to post back. Topgun 3D job just finished with the inmux method. I wanted to post back and confirm that it indeed has fixed the issue in PDVD 11 not showing depth. The conversion does still suffer from constant fast flickering pixelation issues spread acros the screen. (atleast in TMT 5, & PDVD 11) As i do not have a standalone setup i cannot confirm this is purely a software problem or also a hardware problem.
I had the fast flickering pixelation issue when playing on my Toshiba 3D laptop using Toshibas software, so it seems a software problem as my encode worked on fine on my standalone. Cant do any more tests at the moment as my SDD died 6 weeks out of warranty! Just waiting for my rescue disc before I can do more testing.
J666RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 20:09   #19825  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

just installed a trial of pdvd 13, to see if that one fixes it. Raiding in a game now, so will have to test later. Was testing in pdvd 11, 5 & 6
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 20:25   #19826  |  Link
Floque

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Either you left something out, or I don't understand how you got the ISO from 47.03. The newer version doesn't create ISO files by default. It creates folders. You'd have to add a hidden entry to your INI to create an ISO. Second - are you sure your player supports true BD-3D or only SBS? Your test with 46.14 used SBS output, while the 47.03 attempt didn't.

It took time using this fantastic program, mainly to have my copies of 3D security and a dvd 9 dvd 5 times without menu, always without any problems and some fantastic results. The problem comes when I see that I can now incorporate the full BD/3D with their menus on a DVD, I have no success does not appear anywhere on 3D SSIF folder nor does it create the ISO though that I've already read, you talk a Jokes input your INI not understand that point what I do wrong? or I have to configure for a complete BD/3D DVD? I have not touched anything as the program is therefore selected only language other than Spanish and Full Backup Mode.
They can explain to new people or inexperienced
Too long "Inspect" is not listed with the program, this change anything?
Excuse my language and have patience as using Google translator and unreliable.
Thank you all for the help.
Floque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 20:45   #19827  |  Link
wakko709

jdobbs is there a newer version out .46.13
wakko709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 21:09   #19828  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

yes and no there is a 47.03 with experimental 3d full backup support. so unless you need/interested in that 46.14 is the latest
Old 1st April 2014, 22:02   #19829  |  Link
Yordan5

Could someone advise what settings I should use to get the most of this version in terms of speed and quality for MVC decoding/encoding? I see people mentioning Hardware and Software MVC encoding and I am not too sure how this is activated/deactivated. My system has i7 4770 with GeForce GTX 650 card. Do I need to take out the card and use the inbuilt Intel GPU for better results? Would appreciate some guidance on this as I am trying to test this version of BD-RB to the best potential of my system.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 22:20   #19830  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordan5 View Post
Could someone advise what settings I should use to get the most of this version in terms of speed and quality for MVC decoding/encoding? I see people mentioning Hardware and Software MVC encoding and I am not too sure how this is activated/deactivated. My system has i7 4770 with GeForce GTX 650 card. Do I need to take out the card and use the inbuilt Intel GPU for better results? Would appreciate some guidance on this as I am trying to test this version of BD-RB to the best potential of my system.
Your CPU has an internal Intel HD4600 GPU, which is good news: you can use Intel QuickSync to really speed up MVC encoding.

First things first: download and install the drivers for HD4600. Get the latest ones from Intel's driver download center. While you're at it, also download the previous driver release; it works better on my system than the latest drivers so if you run into problems, you might want to uninstall the latest drivers and try the previous ones instead.

You don't have to remove GeForce, but you do have to activate the HD4600. That means you need to A) connect a monitor to one of the display connectors on the motherboard or B) fool the HD4600 into thinking its connected to a display. A rough guide on how to do that can be found here: http://mirillis.com/en/products/tuto..._desktops.html

Once HD4600 is activated and makes QuickSync available, you add three lines of text into BDREBUILDER.INI:

FORCE_INMUX_3D=1
FRIM_SW_DECODE=0
FRIM_SW_ENCODE=0

First one forces BDRB 47.03 into using in-mux-3D instead of out-of-mux-3D. In-mux appears to work better with software players, and it won't make your BD drive commit suicide in 10 minutes

Next two lines tell FRIMEncoder to detect QuickSync hardware (i.e. HD4600) and use it if found. By setting both values to zero, your rig will do both decoding and encoding in hardware. By setting value to 1, you tell FRIMEncoder to use software decoding and/or encoding. The creator of FRIMEncoder wrote in another thread he does decoding in hardware but encoding in software.

Next step would be to mount an ISO image of a 3D BD, run BD-RB and make a Full Backup of the title.

Last edited by colinhunt; 1st April 2014 at 23:11.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 00:09   #19831  |  Link
Yordan5

Thank you for the detailed guide. Will revert once I've managed all of the above and done a 3D movie back up.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 00:15   #19832  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floque View Post
It took time using this fantastic program, mainly to have my copies of 3D security and a dvd 9 dvd 5 times without menu, always without any problems and some fantastic results. The problem comes when I see that I can now incorporate the full BD/3D with their menus on a DVD, I have no success does not appear anywhere on 3D SSIF folder nor does it create the ISO though that I've already read, you talk a Jokes input your INI not understand that point what I do wrong? or I have to configure for a complete BD/3D DVD? I have not touched anything as the program is therefore selected only language other than Spanish and Full Backup Mode.
They can explain to new people or inexperienced
Too long "Inspect" is not listed with the program, this change anything?
Excuse my language and have patience as using Google translator and unreliable.
Thank you all for the help.
From the CHANGES.TXT file:
Code:
- Implemented 3D Full Backup Mode.  Note that
  BD-RB converts 3D method so that the SSIF
  folder is no longer required -- the method
  is 100% compliant with the BD standard.
- Due to the changes in the way 3D is handled,
  BD-RB no longer outputs to ISO by default on
  movie-only 3D encodes.  It can be enabled by
  using the OUTPUT_3D_ISO hidden option. Note:
  This option only applies to movie-only 3D
  encodes.
From changes in v0.46.10
Code:
- Removed INSPECT.EXE from the build.  The
  same functionality is now available from
  the BD-RB HELP menu.
It's important that you read the CHANGES.TXT file with each new release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd April 2014 at 00:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 00:42   #19833  |  Link
Floque

Thank you very much for your quick response.
I will continue testing, is interesting
Floque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 03:07   #19834  |  Link
meadrocks

I'm trying to do Hunger Games Catching Fire, movie only, English audio, english sub, mp4 container, 1920x1080, CRF 22, autoaac, autogop, mp4box keeps failing, tried it 2 times. Has anyone tried this combo?
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 03:12   #19835  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Post the Bdrb log, nobody can help you without it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Old 2nd April 2014, 08:09   #19836  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

so just ran resident evil afterlife. The pixelation flickering has to be a software issue, as the quality of RE:A is 100x better to begin with compared to Top gun. Guess i'll have to go hunt for a standalone 3D player (hopefully i can find a pre-cinavia one)
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:13   #19837  |  Link
rusty666

someone i gave hobbit to said it wont player proper on ther sammy c6900 i done a full 3d backup i dont have the log as they only just got back to me. it worked fine on mine and on a lg standalone
rusty666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:41   #19838  |  Link
rusty666

is the 3d in mux so it ouputs the ssif file seperate? like in the last version
Old 2nd April 2014, 10:34   #19839  |  Link
rusty666

same on ps3 aswell stutters he just said
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:11   #19840  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty666 View Post
someone i gave hobbit to
Please refrain from talking about stuff like this. It is illegal activity and it could cause trouble for this site.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote