Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th November 2015, 06:24   #4801  |  Link
greensoldier

hi guys and Senpais

my eng not so good,i got problem and i attach my log file...ty for ur help
Attached Files
File Type: rar logfile-15-11-07_13-13-50.rar (2.3 KB, 30 views)
greensoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 16:19   #4802  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoldier View Post
..i got problem and i attach my log file...
Seems something related with foreing characters:

Quote:
---[Information] File: ...Fate´╝Åstay_night....aac
--[Information] [11/7/2015 13:16:12] Failed opening the file with FFAudioSource(). FFAudioSource: Can't open '...Fate/stay_night....aac'
Try using other standard filename.
Old 10th November 2015, 22:11   #4803  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2617 [Muxer] + [OneClick]   improved language detection based on the file name. bug #819
2616 [HD Streams Extractor] improved feature selection
2615 [AVS Script Creator]   improved "Analyse" handling
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 11:18   #4804  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Code:
2617 [Muxer] + [OneClick]   improved language detection based on the file name. bug #819
2616 [HD Streams Extractor] improved feature selection
2615 [AVS Script Creator]   improved "Analyse" handling
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 09:03   #4805  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Hello . I was wondering if it would be reasonable to add a feature such that when selecting a non-default audio track in the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window the user could click a link that opened the "Encoder settings" drop-down menu from the program's main window "Audio" bottom half? This way one could easily change the settings. Actually, is there even a way to change the settings for the non-default audio types in the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window? For example, choosing "AAC" from the drop-down menu I see the line under "+ Options" is editable, but even the simple command-line option "-br 96000" results in MeGUI crashing with the 'Fatal error" message "MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed. Reason: Illegal characters in path." Probably I'm using "+ Options" incorrectly. Ahhh, any chance of making the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window accept dragged-and-dropped files? Thanks!

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 15th November 2015 at 09:06.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:35   #4806  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
I was wondering if it would be reasonable to add a feature such that when selecting a non-default audio track in the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window the user could click a link that opened the "Encoder settings" drop-down menu from the program's main window "Audio" bottom half?
Nope, "...Streams Extractor" is a GUI for eac3to that can extract tracks and recode audio without use AviSynth, and the "Encoder settings" from "Audio" tab are options to use AviSynth functions (decode, resample, downmix, etc.)

Quote:
Actually, is there even a way to change the settings for the non-default audio types in the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window? For example, choosing "AAC" from the drop-down menu I see the line under "+ Options" is editable, but even the simple command-line option "-br 96000" results in MeGUI crashing with the 'Fatal error" message "MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able to proceed. Reason: Illegal characters in path." Probably I'm using "+ Options" incorrectly.
Yep, "+ Options" only accept eac3to parameters, there are many for resample, downmix, etc., but don't support all encoders parameters.

For AAC encode only accept "-quality 0.35" (or other value to replace the default "-quality 0.5"), eac3to only can encode AAC VBR (recommended).
With "-quality 0.35" you can obtain a size near "-br 96000", more or less.

A workaround is use "...Streams Extractor" to extract (or decode to WAV/W64) the track and after use "Audio" tab.

Another workaround is use the standalone GUI for eac3to UsEac3to than support external encoders (you can use all encoders parameters) and also Drag&Drop.

Quote:
Ahhh, any chance of making the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" window accept dragged-and-dropped files? Thanks!
I don't know if Zathor can change that.
"...Streams Extractor" is based in standalone eac3to GUI HdBrStreamExtractor and don't support drag&drop.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:58   #4807  |  Link
Zathor

"+ Option" seems to be broken since 2486. Looks like nearly nobody is using this option. I will have a look at it.
EDIT: Only broken when there is an error. If everything is fine with the command line & source it will succeed.
EDIT2: Fixed in 2618

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
A workaround is use "...Streams Extractor" to extract (or decode to WAV/W64) the track and after use "Audio" tab.
Or use "OneClick" in MeGUI. That way in can be configured in one step.

Last edited by Zathor; 15th November 2015 at 15:02.
Old 15th November 2015, 15:18   #4808  |  Link
hello_hello

The last couple of posts reminded me.... if you use the HD Streams Extractor to open an MKV containing MPEG4 Visual (ie Xvid encoded video), MeGUI offers an error. I think I had a dream about an object reference not being set to an instance of an object recently....

Anyway... I guess that's not a supported video type, however it also prevents the selection of an extraction method for the audio, so it can't be extracted either. I'm not sure if that's expected behaviour, but that's what currently happens.

Thanks.

Last edited by hello_hello; 15th November 2015 at 15:21.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 15:24   #4809  |  Link
-db-

Audio language not set in One Click Encoder, MeGui 2617

Hello,

first of all thank you for your great work on MeGui, zathor.
I recently started to use the One Click Encoder and found a little inconvenience.
When i select a MKV file as input, basically everything goes as expected from my profile, except for the audio track languages.

E.g. the combo box Input shows

"[3] - AC-3 - 2 channels - 48.0 KHz / English"

, but the Language box underneath says Undetermined.
This matches the standard behaviour for undeterminable languages,
but since MeGui seems to know, that it is English, i would expect that in the Language box.

Regards,
db
-db- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 17:57   #4810  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -db- View Post
When i select a MKV file as input, basically everything goes as expected from my profile, except for the audio track languages.
Thanks, I will check that. May be related to 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
if you use the HD Streams Extractor to open an MKV containing MPEG4 Visual (ie Xvid encoded video), MeGUI offers an error.
Thanks, I will check that as well.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:30   #4811  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2620 [HD Streams Extractor] improved handling of unsupported tracks
2619 [OneClick]             fixed language detection (regression of 2617)
2618 [HD Streams Extractor] fixed "+ Options" handling in case of an error (regression of 2486)
Old 16th November 2015, 00:05   #4812  |  Link
-db-

Code:
2619 [OneClick]             fixed language detection (regression of 2617)
I just updated to 2620 and can confirm the fix for the audio language detection.

Thank you,
Zathor
-db- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 00:31   #4813  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Code:
2620 [HD Streams Extractor] improved handling of unsupported tracks
That's much better now. Thank you.
Old 16th November 2015, 02:16   #4814  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

tebasuna51: many thanks for your very informative reply, I appreciate it. I do normally use the extracted audio from the "MeGUI - File Indexer" stage as my source, but lately I've encountered several source mkvs where, after downmixing, the audio had occasional seemingly random sections when it was very slightly out of sync with the encoded video. Luckily, I stumbled upon the fact that using the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor" to extract the audio before downmixing solved the problem. I figure it has something to do with older versions of MKVMerge, as the troublesome sources were muxed using MKVMerge v6.x.x, but this is a very unscientific conclusion . Are tracks extracted with the "MeGUI - File Indexer" extracted differently than tracks extracted with the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor"?

Zathor: as always, thank you .
Old 16th November 2015, 06:22   #4815  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Are tracks extracted with the "MeGUI - File Indexer" extracted differently than tracks extracted with the "MeGUI - HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor"?
Potentially. HD-DVD/Blu-ray Streams Extractor uses eac3to for extracting and if there's gaps in the audio stream (including a delay at the beginning) it'll try to fix them by substituting silence so the extracted audio should be the correct length. As far as I know all other extraction methods extract the audio as a single stream, ignoring any gaps. Mostly that doesn't matter, but sometimes it does.

Or instead of extracting the audio (and assuming the output will be MKV) you can re-encode the video, open it with MKVMergeGUI when it's done, add the source MKV, de-select the original video stream and remux. That'll give you a new MKV with the encoded video and original audio and the audio sync relative to the video shouldn't change.

It can also be a frame rate issue. It might pay to check the frame rate of the encoded video is exactly the same as the source. Even if the source is constant frame rate (at least in theory) if there's missing or null frames L-Smash and ffms2 will treat it as variable frame rate and output the average frame rate which can mess with the audio sync. One way to check is to index with ffms2 as then MeGUI adds frame rate conversion to the script. L-Smash uses the same method for converting the frame rate, only MeGUI doesn't add it to the script automatically. If you check the total number of frames in MeGUI's preview, add or remove frame rate conversion from the script (you'd specify the same frame rate as the source video), refresh the preview and check again, and if the total frame count changes, the source is probably variable frame rate.

Last edited by hello_hello; 16th November 2015 at 06:27.
Old 16th November 2015, 13:50   #4816  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
I figure it has something to do with older versions of MKVMerge, as the troublesome sources were muxed using MKVMerge v6.x.x
Yep, eac3to can recover the tracks muxed in mkv with "header compression", by default in some MkvMerge versions.

In hello_hello answer there are the main difference extracting audio tracks with eac3to: try to maintain audio/video sync correcting delay, gaps and overlaps using the timestamps stored in the container.

Other audio/video async problems are also explained by hello_hello.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:41   #4817  |  Link
Barough

Just remembered that FFmpeg-2.8.2 was released a few days ago
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 22:35   #4818  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Just remembered that FFmpeg-2.8.2 was released a few days ago
Thanks, uploaded
Old 17th November 2015, 01:59   #4819  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

hello_hello: thanks--again --for the extremely lucid explanation.

tebasuna51: thanks for the additional information .

Zathor: thanks just because .
Old 27th November 2015, 19:20   #4820  |  Link
Xebika

FFmpeg v2.8.3 is released.
Xebika is offline   Reply With Quote