Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th June 2017, 07:57   #26101  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I don't quite understand what you mean here, sorry...
There is a clipinfo and mpls (I think those are the two) file that is created for each m2ts file.
Quote:
Also, as per your post after this one, I played the resultant Blu-ray after I re-inserted the shrunk m2ts file back into the original BD structure (37 Gigs) and then processed the entire structure with BDRB to render a final BD25 disc that played just fine.
Like I said, you DID NOT burn and play the BD structure (37GB) after reinserting the modified M2TS file. I'm saying that I expect that disc not to play the file you replaced. You only played the BD structure that BDRB put together. Apples and oranges.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 07:58   #26102  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Heh... Dude, you are such a frigg'n PERFECTIONIST!
With the line of work that I did, I had to be.
Old 24th June 2017, 09:04   #26103  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
There is a clipinfo and mpls (I think those are the two) file that is created for each m2ts file.

Like I said, you DID NOT burn and play the BD structure (37GB) after reinserting the modified M2TS file. I'm saying that I expect that disc not to play the file you replaced. You only played the BD structure that BDRB put together. Apples and oranges.
Oh, I see... Yeah, I didn't understand what you meant. But, that's kind of what I explained when I said that AFTER BDRB rebuilt the whole disc THEN it played okay, which is was counted. No... I think you are probably quite right; that you cannot just drop in a random replacement m2ts out of the air and have it play properly. I see now what other files you meant (clipinfo & mpls) I forgot about those also accompanying the m2ts file.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 09:09   #26104  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
With the line of work that I did, I had to be.
Makes sense... Being a serial killer you REALLY hafta watch the details...
Old 24th June 2017, 11:04   #26105  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Makes sense... Being a serial killer you REALLY hafta watch the details...
Damn, I've been found out.
Old 24th June 2017, 11:41   #26106  |  Link
bryrabknowles

Is there a way to use separate "threads" values depending on whether you're using Multiprocess?

Example:
Threads=1 for Multiprocess=12
Threads=15 for Multiprocess=0
bryrabknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 15:09   #26107  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
You do not modify the two other files that go with a M2TS if you do not do the re-encode? Interesting. I thought you rebuilt all of those files, no matter what.
If BD-RB reencodes it, the other files associated with it (MPLS, CLPI, etc) are modified to match the reencode. But if you drop in another M2TS file -- how is BD-RB supposed to know you did that and prepare those files? The new M2TS file would be included in the rebuild, of course, but it likely wouldn't match it's corresponding CLPI, and the MPLS wouldn't be updated with the changes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th June 2017 at 15:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 15:17   #26108  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryrabknowles View Post
Is there a way to use separate "threads" values depending on whether you're using Multiprocess?

Example:
Threads=1 for Multiprocess=12
Threads=15 for Multiprocess=0
You can manually set THREADS to any value you want using the TWEAK_PASS_ONE and TWEAK_PASS_TWO hidden options.
Old 24th June 2017, 16:46   #26109  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denner View Post
I am using the x264 64bit version from BD-RBV05011 and just renamed it to x264L-64 and replaced the one in the current BD-RB with it

You can find the version here:https://www.videohelp.com/software/B...r/old-versions
Thank you, fine sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar!
SuperFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 17:08   #26110  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
Jdobbs,

I would like to say your software, though you claim it to be still in Beta after all these years, is THE best compression program I've ever used for Blu-ray! I've even compared in the past, screenshot for screenshot, against the likes of DVDFab more than a few times. It can't be beat as far as I know!

And this begs the question, why have you not went retail with this software? I know I will piss off many in this thread and those who've come to rely on your software wholeheartedly and as a backup. I'm just curious why you think it's not ready for primetime?

Because I can tell you now, I can run down an almost endless list of big name companies who make software with FAR MORE bugs than I've seen in this thread!
Thanks for the kind words. I guess money was never the driver for BD-RB's development. I accepted donations for a while -- but that was more than spent in purchases of discs for testing and occasional hardware upgrades. PayPal gave me the heave-ho because they couldn't tell the difference between my software and a ripper (giving me the distinct impression that PayPal doesn't hire the sharpest analysts). So that pretty much ended even the donations. I then decided I'd start accepting Amazon gift cards (since Amazon is where I bought most of my discs). But that dried up quickly -- with the last gift card coming in back in Jan or Feb. So, I guess the point is that it's more a labor of love than anything profitable.

As for the beta status... I think I'm trying to set a record, though I don't know that Guinness has a category for "software beta"

I appreciate the thought.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th June 2017 at 17:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 17:26   #26111  |  Link
kufo

@jdobbs
Wich email-adress to use for an Amazon a gift card? Donīt know if itspossible to sent one from germany to a foreign county. Otherwise I need a creditcard
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 17:42   #26112  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
@jdobbs
Wich email-adress to use for an Amazon a gift card? Donīt know if itspossible to sent one from germany to a foreign county. Otherwise I need a creditcard
It would have to go to dvd-rb@jdobbs.net. If you click on HELP/Donations in BD-RB it will take you to the site. Unfortunately donations from a non-US Amazon site can only be used there -- and they don't seem to ship to the US. It's no big deal -- I hope I didn't appear to be begging for donations in my last post.
Old 24th June 2017, 18:20   #26113  |  Link
kufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It would have to go to dvd-rb@jdobbs.net. If you click on HELP/Donations in BD-RB it will take you to the site. Unfortunately donations from a non-US Amazon site can only be used there -- and they don't seem to ship to the US. It's no big deal -- I hope I didn't appear to be begging for donations in my last post.
Not at all. When it was possible to donate by paypal, it was very easy for me. I think such a grat job in developing this software must be suppurted by periodical donations!
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 20:32   #26114  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
If BD-RB reencodes it, the other files associated with it (MPLS, CLPI, etc) are modified to match the reencode. But if you drop in another M2TS file -- how is BD-RB supposed to know you did that and prepare those files? The new M2TS file would be included in the rebuild, of course, but it likely wouldn't match it's corresponding CLPI, and the MPLS wouldn't be updated with the changes.
Ah, OK. So, I'm guessing that Lathe's manually resized M2TS file got re-encoded by BDRB, so that the other files would have gotten rebuilt, otherwise I would have expected that extra to not have played.
Old 24th June 2017, 20:35   #26115  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Damn, I've been found out.
Dude, it's kind of been obvious to all of us for quite a while... But, you're 'pretty good' with video, so we figure what you do on your private time...
Old 24th June 2017, 20:41   #26116  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I guess money was never the driver for BD-RB's development. I accepted donations for a while -- but that was more than spent in purchases of discs for testing and occasional hardware upgrades. PayPal gave me the heave-ho because they couldn't tell the difference between my software and a ripper (giving me the distinct impression that PayPal doesn't hire the sharpest analysts). So that pretty much ended even the donations. I then decided I'd start accepting Amazon gift cards (since Amazon is where I bought most of my discs). But that dried up quickly -- with the last gift card coming in back in Jan or Feb. So, I guess the point is that it's more a labor of love than anything profitable.

As for the beta status... I think I'm trying to set a record, though I don't know that Guinness has a category for "software beta"

I appreciate the thought.
I swear, we ALL must be the most thankless, ungrateful, lazy-@ss P\/ssy B@stards of all time! I think time just goes by and we get forgetful. NO excuse though...

I wish that you'd just put the damn thing on a $5.95 / month subscription. And, if ANY sniveling, whiny B@stards complain, just send their information to Mr. Video. I mean, WHO the hell can't afford that no matter what their weasly little preferences. Just do it man. And, the ones who really don't want to do a monthly, just charge them a one time fee of 59.95 and send them a specific key.

That way, it guarantees at least SOME regular income each month for you which is the very, Very, VERY least that you deserve.

(and, if I don't get the Kiss-@ss award of the year, I don't know who will...)
Old 25th June 2017, 00:51   #26117  |  Link
gonca

@Lathe
Here is your certificate
And award
Attached Images

gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 01:18   #26118  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@Lathe
Here is your certificate
And award
I am very excited to see what my award looks like once your attachments are approved!
Old 25th June 2017, 03:04   #26119  |  Link
bryrabknowles

Quote:
You can manually set THREADS to any value you want using the TWEAK_PASS_ONE and TWEAK_PASS_TWO hidden options.
This works in general but still limits to a single thread value.

During a full backup using multiprocess, some files are too small to multiprocess. If I have threads set at 1 because I use multiprocess=12, these smaller files take way longer to encode than they should because they're also stuck with a single thread.
bryrabknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 08:45   #26120  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryrabknowles View Post
This works in general but still limits to a single thread value.

During a full backup using multiprocess, some files are too small to multiprocess. If I have threads set at 1 because I use multiprocess=12, these smaller files take way longer to encode than they should because they're also stuck with a single thread.
Hi bryrabknowles,

in general everytime splitting is used an additional step with TSMUXER is needed to combine the single *.264 files into one. This takes time, too. I guess that's why jdobbs decided to define a minimum m2ts file size.

But which speed gain do you expect? Maybe you could post a log file so that we can see the time needed for encoding. I assume that we are talking about a few minutes only for the whole rebuilding process. As a rule of thumb it was said already 30 years ago that speed gains below 33% are not noticable anyway. This applies to CPU, RAM and HDD Speed and for waiting
Even on my slower machine m2ts segments not being split (I use MULTIPROCESS=2) segments are encoded in 1-2 minutes.

So what are we talking about?

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 25th June 2017 at 09:51.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote