Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 7th June 2011, 03:02   #3701  |  Link
robpdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
regarding subs, what is the default flag for at the muxing stage in mkvmerge? does it only refer to the default subtitle track or also defines whether the subs should be automatically activated or disabled at the start?

or is the latter purely a matter of the splitter settings (LAVsplitter here)?
If LAVSplitter is set to load "Full Subtitles", it will load the default subtitle track, or the first track if none are flagged as default. If it is set to load "Only Forced Subtitles", it will only load subtitle tracks flagged as forced.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 03:40   #3702  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

so its not possible to make a choice whether a track shouldnt be loaded automatically right from the start at the muxing stage? its only either all tracks are loaded automatically or all forced tracks are loaded or none at all?
Old 7th June 2011, 04:26   #3703  |  Link
robpdotcom

If you want a subtitle track to be shown automatically, set the forced flag as "yes" in mmg. If you don't want it to be shown automatically, set it as "no".

Then, just make sure you have LAVSplitter set to only load forced subs. You can still load them manually.
AMD 6870
Old 7th June 2011, 15:04   #3704  |  Link
someone`

AR bug :
Code:
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 8 frames
Format settings, GOP             : M=3, N=8
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                         : 23mn 41s
Bit rate                         : 1 292 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 1 627 Kbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Original display aspect ratio    : 3:2
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Haali 16:9
LAV 3:2
someone` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 15:47   #3705  |  Link
glorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpdotcom View Post
If LAVSplitter is set to load "Full Subtitles", it will load the default subtitle track, or the first track if none are flagged as default. If it is set to load "Only Forced Subtitles", it will only load subtitle tracks flagged as forced.
I really wish there were also an option like:
"Don't load subtitles if matching language found"

and then that option would take preference over all the others. That way all subs could be turned off automatically by the splitter if a matching preferred langauge track exists but enable them if no matching language is present and then follow the other rules for sub language selection. Haali can do this by it's options that allow you to preferentially select audio,sub pairs (which also includes allowing wildcards in the matches along with the keyword "off") but I can't find a similar way to do that with LAV. Or is there a way to accomplish this with the options that exist that I haven't realized?

Last edited by glorp; 7th June 2011 at 15:52.
glorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 17:42   #3706  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
If you want a subtitle track to be shown automatically, set the forced flag as "yes" in mmg. If you don't want it to be shown automatically, set it as "no".

Then, just make sure you have LAVSplitter set to only load forced subs. You can still load them manually.
but what if there are forced subs inside that .sup track? would they be shown then? (which I wouldnt want as long as I dont want to load the track automatically in general).

what would be helpful is some kind of table of results for mkvmerge flags + LAVfilter settings.

e.g. mkvmerge default no, forced no + LAVfilter: show full titles=?
mkvmerge default no, forced yes + LAVfilter: only forced subs=?

and this for all combinations and options there are in mkvmerge and LAVfilter, because it looks to me, as rather noobish user in that area, theres no way to see which option seems to take priority over the other one.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:52   #3707  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The "Default" flag has no influence IF a subtitle is chosen, it just influences WHICH. If there are two of the same language, one is default, then that one will be used.

If you enable "Show full subtitles" and have "Only with matching language" NOT checked, there will always be a substream activated, based on your language choices, or if no language matches, just the first stream.
If you enable "Show full subtitles" and have "Only with matching language" checked, there will always be a sub stream activated IF it matches one of your preferred languages, if there is no match, then there wont be subs.

The same goes for "Only show forced subs", except that it additionally ONLY works on sub streams with the forced flag, streams without that flag are never used.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:03   #3708  |  Link
glorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorp View Post
I really wish there were also an option like:
"Don't load subtitles if matching language found"

I should have written the option as:
"Don't load subtitles if matching audio language found"

Is there a way to accomplish this short of remuxing every file to set the forced flag on subs that one wants displayed automatically while not showing any subs if a suitable audio language exists?
Old 7th June 2011, 18:09   #3709  |  Link
robpdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorp View Post
Is there a way to accomplish this short of remuxing every file to set the forced flag on subs that one wants displayed automatically while not showing any subs if a suitable audio language exists?
I can't comment on the matching language part, but...

You do not need to remux to set a track as forced - just use mmg's header editor, which takes just a few seconds to do.
AMD 6870
Old 7th June 2011, 18:21   #3710  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I might add such an option in the future.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:30   #3711  |  Link
ney2x

Got this from madflac thread. A wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Or just use LAV Audio decoder, it can decode pretty much everything.

Even though it's based on ffmpeg, which is (or was) limited to 16 bit in ffdshow for flac, I think nevcariel fixed that issue.

However, for guaranteed compatibility, it would be nice if madshi and nevcariel would access madflac in LAV Audio directly, the way he has with the Arcsoft DTS decoder.

Then we would have one complete audio decoder for everything. And stream switching, even for different audio types, should just work.
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 18:31   #3712  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Will not happen.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:54   #3713  |  Link
glorp

Quote:
You do not need to remux to set a track as forced - just use mmg's header editor, which takes just a few seconds to do.
Good point that I hadn't considered but I really wanted to avoid having to force a specific sub permanently as much as avoid all the remuxing time. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I might add such an option in the future.
Thanks. I appreciate the consideration. The way Haali implements that one option for setting (audio,sub) pairs preferences and also allows for matches with wildcards and keywords in it gives a lot of flexibility in selecting subs on/off automatically. I find I rarely need to change flags on anything when I use that option correctly and always get correct subs w/o having choose or enable them.
Old 8th June 2011, 01:48   #3714  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Windows' mixer works just fine in 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Yeah, Windows 7 here. The mixer should downmix even before audio gets to the device's driver.
Are you using reclock? Maybe not...

I'm using reclock in WASAPI mode to bypass windows mixer, hence why the down mixing might not have any effect...
yesgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 02:11   #3715  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey View Post

I'm using reclock in WASAPI mode to bypass windows mixer, hence why the down mixing might not have any effect...
Not using ReClock nor any other WASAPI-capable filter.
So the mixer in Windows 7 is working... you just choose to bypass it (=not use it). I guess you do need mixing capabilities in LAV Audio for that...

In the meantime (until such feature will be coded), one could probably be using ffdshow audio decoder to mix LAV Audio's output (enable ffdshow for uncompressed audio) and feed it to ReClock, no?
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 02:13   #3716  |  Link
SamuriHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Not using ReClock nor any other WASAPI-capable filter.
So the mixer in Windows 7 is working... you just choose to bypass it (=not use it). I guess you do need mixing capabilities in LAV Audio for that...

In the meantime (until such feature will be coded), one could probably be using ffdshow audio decoder to mix LAV Audio's output (enable ffdshow for uncompressed audio) and feed it to ReClock, no?
Yup. Just add the ffdshow audio processor to the chain. Works fine. I use it on my laptop.
Old 8th June 2011, 03:13   #3717  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey View Post

That might be it, although then it could be the drivers, cause the drivers are telling ReClock that they accept 5.1 channels.

But, why use WASAPI exclusive in this situation, especially when you're using ReClock?
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 07:12   #3718  |  Link
ontherocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
My question was missed some days ago:
I'd like to bitstream DTS-HD, but not DTS. Is it possible ? Will it be possible ? Or it is not recommended ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Its not possible, and I have no concrete plans to make it possible. I'll let someone else explain that using the TMT decoder is actually super easy.
When I play any DTS-HD file with MPC-HC & LAV, I am able to bitstream DTS-HD to my receiver. Is it not supposed to do so?
ontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2011, 07:14   #3719  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You misunderstood the original question. He wanted to enable bitstreaming for DTS-HD, but NOT for DTS, but the configuration doesn't allow this. Its not about the actual bit streaming capability.
Old 8th June 2011, 16:23   #3720  |  Link
Monamona

For mp4, LAV splitter seems not to handle EDTS correctly like previous Haali.
Thus, movie which contains several b-frames (by x264.exe) cannot be seeked accurately or may have desynchronization.

Last edited by Monamona; 8th June 2011 at 16:29.
Monamona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter